Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I've gone from not liking the new site but trying to get used to it, to absolutely hating it. Everytime I log on here I feel like whatever I am looking to do is a needle in a haystack (unless I wat to buy something...that's still simple as hell!). You can't read or follow these effing posts at all. I can't wait for the clusterfuck that will be ticket trading once another tour starts. It's a sad day when I may have to consider finally joining Facebook just to keep in touch with my 10c friends. Thanks 10c, you've made me actualy want to join Facebook...it is a dark day.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

I've gone from not liking the new site but trying to get used to it, to absolutely hating it. Everytime I log on here I feel like whatever I am looking to do is a needle in a haystack (unless I wat to buy something...that's still simple as hell!). You can't read or follow these effing posts at all. I can't wait for the clusterfuck that will be ticket trading once another tour starts. It's a sad day when I may have to consider finally joining Facebook just to keep in touch with my 10c friends. Thanks 10c, you've made me actualy want to join Facebook...it is a dark day.

Indeed a dark day........... I've resisted FB all these years and do not want to go there. [-(
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Still have no idea where my friends list is, so it's a pain sending pm's. And most of my pm's have disappeared. I tried that script plugin that someone posted & that helps a bit, but it's still far too bright.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534

Another spot on post. This forum has been completely lost and there is now an obvious disconnect for users amongst PJ friends. The amount of things that have been ruined, lost, disconnected, along with overall efficiency in the use of the forum has significantly outweighed the amount of positive things the change in format has made.

10c has to recognize this. I don't know how they wouldn't recognize it.

Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mfc2006 said:

Still have no idea where my friends list is, so it's a pain sending pm's. And most of my pm's have disappeared. I tried that script plugin that someone posted & that helps a bit, but it's still far too bright.

its sad so many members lost so many data....sacrifice our pm and friend list .for got this in return..
    and now we try to figure out ways alone and some other members try to help us with software infos just for be able to read the" categories"and dont get blind..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i will always remember my friend's usernames. i don't need lists. 8->
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    Exactly what I've done and FB is ok but I used wot enjoy interacting here WAY more. Yep, this sucks.

Exactly what I've done and FB is ok but I used to enjoy interacting here WAY more than I do now. Yep, this sucks big time.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Cant believe people are joining facebook, its got a white background and everything :))
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182

Indeed a dark day........... I've resisted FB all these years and do not want to go there. [-(
    Well, I gave up and joined FB when this mess started. image
    And seeing all the negativity in here, I will probably be on FB more often now than here - shame.

<hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    I have been on FB for a while now, and I find I'm on more often lately. I sure miss the old forum here.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    So, how can you tell if someone has responded to your PM? Very confused - first visit to the new site.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Just checking in.

Yup, still terrible. Eventually, I will just give up on this site entirely. I almost feel like there should be a mass boycott for a week. No one log in, no one buy anything. It's a business after all and that kind of action seems more likely to get results than simply posting in this thread. Just a thought.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I think it's interesting that we're having to correct the board's flaws ourselves!

I can read the text now only because I figured out how to re-set my browser's preferences. (Yes, I tried control + as Kat suggested and it DIDN'T do a damn thing!)

Do the people who designed this board really expect new users to do things like that?!

It seems like a very strange way to do one's job...leave something in such a half-assed state that the people using the system have to come up with their own "fixes" for the problems left!!!!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I haven't been here much. What does FB have to do with it??? If you're saying what I post here goes to FB, I'm out of here. I come here to post with you all, not FB people, which I have never understood how that site works.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited January 2014

I haven't been here much. What does FB have to do with it??? If you're saying what I post here goes to FB, I'm out of here. I come here to post with you all, not FB people, which I have never understood how that site works.

There's no direct link between here and FB. I think people were just comparing the look and functionality initially and now some seem to be preferring FB. I don't use FB and hope never to do so.
    Post edited by shetellsherself on
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    october22 said:

Just checking in.

Yup, still terrible. Eventually, I will just give up on this site entirely. I almost feel like there should be a mass boycott for a week. No one log in, no one buy anything. It's a business after all and that kind of action seems more likely to get results than simply posting in this thread. Just a thought.

Like.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

There's no direct link between here and FB. I think people were just comparing the look and functionality initially and now some seem to be preferring FB. I don't use FB and hope never to do so.
    i think there is a way to somehow link to fb or twitter

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Well according to the Newsletter this was a "Much needed Change"...Really?
  • Options
    Just admit it, this is an "iPhone Theme" and that's why it looks so terrible on everything but Safari. The losing of friends lists, DM's and such like that is an insanely huge flaw. Those things can't happen when people are paying to post on a message board.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Just admit it, this is an "iPhone Theme" and that's why it looks so terrible on everything but Safari. The losing of friends lists, DM's and such like that is an insanely huge flaw. Those things can't happen when people are paying to post on a message board.

Yeah...we all know now that is only gor iphones... again.....the rest can go to that cool fishing forum...Speedy know the details.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Some time I come here now and think, did someone think it's April 1st? I keep expecting some character to pop up on the screen with a big grin and say "Hahaha, just kidding."

*sigh*
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

Yeah...we all know now that is only gor iphones... again.....the rest can go to that cool fishing forum...Speedy know the details.
    That this place might have been wrecked simply for iPhone use is just, just, just... Ahhh!

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Anyone noticed that this thread is now a circular thing with the same users expressing their dislike?

Guys you made your point, any reason to make it over and over again?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I just wish my sevens and 13 member pack would deliver.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Anyone noticed that this thread is now a circular thing with the same users expressing their dislike?

pdalowsky said:

you are right Paul,after all the explanations and the all answers we got from the club,and all the solutions they gave to us,whats the point to post more here..?
  • Options
    Give them time Dimitris, they asked for feedback here,

They have made it clear this forum will stay, and im sure the tweaks will continue. I never expected them to put all man power on the forums, they have tours to prep for too, and orders to process, and god knows how many emails to reply and deal with every single day, as well as the various other duties and roles they perform.

They clearly put this to the IT team, whom will keep improving the forums. I didn't love it at first, but Im kinda cool with it now, the transition is never easy, but it'll all work out.

Theres some nice new features here, and Im sure it will only get better. But for everyone to keep posting their same issues wont help them at all.
  • Options
    paul,they just modarating the forum for suggestions.
    they dont running the forum anymore,,a third pary does,nothing to do with the 10c people working for tours and merch orders or answering emails..
    nothing fixed so far except the edit button and the birthdays of members than noone cant see..
    i dont expect anything else to be fixed..
    that doesnt mean ill keep my mouth shut,and dont ask questions.
    and i have alot them,a few pages back
  • Options

they dont running the forum anymore,,a third pary does,nothing to do with the 10c people working for tours and merch orders or answering emails..
    nothing fixed so far except the edit button and the birthdays of members than noone cant see..

But the ten club do run the forum, although the day to day work on it is outsourced they still need to give the instructions to that third party, and to liase with them.

I dunno, the forum is a little over a week old, its a work in progress, but im sure it doesn't help them to see the same members make the same points. I mean if they really are taking note of feedback and working on upgrades, all that does is cloud their task.

we all have every right to ask questions, but if its really a case of wanting to be heard - it would surely be better to write to them directly than hope they see comments 43 pages into a forum thread and suddenly take note.

ah well it is what it is, this new forum seems pretty busy still, so perhaps the bump in the road is almost over and things are settling down.....
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763

We get it. You don't like it. No need to keep saying the same things over and over. Plus, if your eyes are hurting it's likely because you spend far too much time here.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    I don't think saying something over and over again is anything new for the internet in general or this board in particular.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."