Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options

im all in for changes for sure im not a complainer just for complain about all. but here we are talking about most of people dislike this new thing.
    and the ones post,are the ones usualy comes here daily,so i think this is important..
    -ok,the hard to read part is so obvious..
    -you cant delete your post is wrong,you cant edit your post is wrogn.
    -people dont know whats the difference with activity and pm and we all read their conversation,is wrong.and Violated the privacy of the members..
    -same thing with your wall-activity..anyone can write at eveyones wall and the user cant control it or delete it.
    -.if someone is connected to facebook or twitter and write to my wall or quote me,then our conversation goes public at their wall at facebook and twitter,again this is against my privacy
    -so many members cant log in,and need to change their user name..
    -i lost so many pm
    -if you want to read a pm with a member,,there are no tittles at pm,so its conversation between you two and need to read all again
    -lost friends list,was important to find someone,without need to memorize his username
    -if u want to read the new topics,u need to pass 300 sticky threads first
    -the search button is usuless,always nothing is the result as many times i tried.

what we got in return?
    -i get notifications that someone post in a thread i started..well,i could just clik at thread and see that
    -some says is better at their phones-well,not all members have smartphones you know..
    -some says is better with the pj app- well,not all of us have iphone,cos its available at iphones only
    -we can post bigger pictures,well that good for eddie looks hot thread
    -we can add videos,its good for the lazy people ,they dont need to clik at the you tube link,they watch it here
    -all members has avatar!epic!!!

well,my opinion is change it back asap and add those 3-4 new thing..members post videos-photos ,have avatars,get notification
    and protect our privacy and our eyes..

please Kat or whoever,pass to the people make the calls what all the members posting about the new forum ,their feedback ..we love this place,dont make us leave

thanks

Hopefully they take to heart the calm words of someone who uses the board frequently (to say the least :) ). A couple of the things you listed you can adjust (sticky threads can be avoided fairly easily), but much of what you said needs to be looked into, especially as it pertains to pm and activity features.

It does seem a lot of this was to make it more smart phone friendly (it is an easier nav there), but I'm not sure that trade off is worth it considering what has been lost (and I have all those things you mention). I'm not so worried about the white. I imagine that's the easiest of fixes, and as has been mentioned there are ways to adjust the font (though we shouldn't have to do those work arounds - they should have different settings built in for smart phones and "other." every other web site I use does). It's the other functionality you mention that is concerning as that goes to the root of the use of the forum. That will ultimately determine the life of this place. At least a note that they are working on it would be nice, as always - communication is key.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    The new host company is Vanilla and everyone is complaining about the white background. Conspiracy?
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    Jason P said:

Kat said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

L-)

I am not looking forward to the first time someone uses that one on me, lol.
    L-)
    Now that one violates the Posting Guidelines, doesn't it? [-X Follow the Posting Guidelines always and all will be ok.
    Me just giving the "your # 1" emoticon, that's all :D

Yeah, that's the ticket ... :-\"
    against guidelines but is an available emoticon? Quick way to ban a bunch of folks. perhaps that was the plan.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,070
    edited January 2014
    mickeyrat said:

Jason P said:

Kat said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

L-)

L-)
    Now that one violates the Posting Guidelines, doesn't it? [-X Follow the Posting Guidelines always and all will be ok.

against guidelines but is an available emoticon? Quick way to ban a bunch of folks. perhaps that was the plan.
    Including emoticons that by using them will result in a ban....

Can't decide on how to react.

Like this:

or like this:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,936
    only thing i really don't like about the forum is the "search" function. :-q

please at least fix that ;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

mickeyrat said:

Jason P said:

Kat said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

L-)

L-)

Including emoticons that by using them will result in a ban....

Can't decide on how to react.

Like this:

or like this:

or this...image

or this...image
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Why do people need such big signatures? Such a waste of space.

New site sucks. Dimitrispearljam basically broke it down well.

Fix it 10C...along with all the other poor decisions you continually make that the fans keep asking you to address.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    God damn it! Where is my magnifying glass? I'm outa here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I hope Dimitri has some pull around here because this new format is terrible
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I believe this smiley is the 'loser' sign, no? L-)
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I believe this smiley is the 'loser' sign, no? L-)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    On the old site when you hovered over the emoticon it displayed what it meant. With these new ones there is many guessing and interpretations to the emoticons meanings which could cause problems for some members.

I think for every negative we post about the new site we should include a suggestion for a positive change.

So perhaps they can bring back the feature of displaying what the emoticon means.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

On the old site when you hovered over the emoticon it displayed what it meant. With these new ones there is many guessing and interpretations to the emoticons meanings which could cause problems for some members.

I think for every negative we post about the new site we should include a suggestion for a positive change.

So perhaps they can bring back the feature of displaying what the emoticon means.

I would like that. I said this in the tech forum but there are many clever new ones but they are busy and crowded together so it's hard to tell what some of them are supposed to be.

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Wow, I feel like a spy when I check out the activity feed image

Still not liking the new board style at all. Please, Tenclub, take the constructive criticism of your customers to heart and do something. It is human to make mistakes...
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    edited January 2014
    "How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?"
    Could someone please tell me what a quote tree is and what level is advised?
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    I can't wait until someone tries to sell Sevens for a crazy high price on the activity board thinking it's a PM haha
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

Wow, I feel like a spy when I check out the activity feed ..

seriously,i pm already 3 members that the deals they do for posters and shirts are in public and not in their pm..they didnt have a clue..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ^^^this
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options

seriously,i pm already 3 members that the deals they do for posters and shirts are in public and not in their pm..they didnt have a clue..
    Yea I feel like a creep haha
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

"How many levels deep should we start folding up quote trees?"
    Could someone please tell me what a quote tree is and what level is advised?

A quote tree enables you to post another persons quote they made in a thread and respond. Limiting the quotes shown allows the thread to stay on topic.

The new feature was not an option in the old forum and often time the displayed Thread title became misleading because as you read through it eventually derailed into a conversation between others not necessarily the original topic.

It is up to you how many layers deep you want the conversation to go before it feels like you are no longer on original topic.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

i'm confused about that too. are pms coming up on the activity page? yikes.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

No. People are writing in the wall/guestbook section of each members profile instead of sending PMs.
  • Options

No. People are writing in the wall/guestbook section of each members profile instead of sending PMs.
    ahhh. thanks.

• Options

why did every single one of my private messages that were deleted come back? I have an inbox that goes back at least 3 years if not further

i had some that dated back to 2006! was good to see some old usernames tho!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited January 2014
    mickeyrat said:

Jason P said:

Kat said:

Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

L-)

L-)

It's actually pretty simple. Just don't use an insulting emoticon in a way that insults a member. Pretty sure there are other ways to use the loser smiley without calling another member a loser. I.e. someone used it in the context of the forum update. Apt use of it. Or we can use it when talking about some idiot in the news, say.... pretty easy to avoid calling fellow members losers! You just deal with it in the same way you would the actual word.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lyears1lyears1 Manchester, UK Posts: 21
    Not a fan of the changes, annoying that I had to get a new username (lost track of which topics I have posted in). At least I have an avatar now lol
    London 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14 - London 18/06/18 - London 17/07/18 - London 08/07/22
  • Options

I don't see myself using this forum much any more. Great job on driving traffic away from the site.

you might be on to something.
    law21 said:

I hope Dimitri has some pull around here because this new format is terrible

what would make him have some pull?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's actually pretty simple. Just don't use an insulting emoticon in a way that insults a member. Pretty sure there are other ways to use the loser smiley without calling another member a loser. I.e. someone used it in the context of the forum update. Apt use of it. Or we can use it when talking about some idiot in the news, say.... pretty easy to avoid calling fellow members losers! You just deal with it in the same way you would the actual word.

I'll use 'em all...unfortunately, sometimes ppl on here come across as losers & need to be told that. They shouldn't be there if you can get in trouble for using them. Aren't we adults here?

"Kat banned you?....why?"
    "I used a loser emoticon."
    "Oh."

aqo2t.jpg