Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    The update I believe has not taken a turn backwards. Anyone in the 10c can think because we realize that "mine is mine and yours won't take it's place". (EV for copyright purposes)

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I am starting to adjust a little. I like the embedded videos and I finally have an avatar. I'm on my phone most of the time though and haven't had time to experiment much on the computer. The white is still painful and the smilies ridiculous. I lost so many pm's. Will they ever come back? I don't use Facebook so don't really get the similarities that some are drawing. I don't understand the activity wall bc I can't see it on my phone. As others have said I really don't understand why the change. I feel like I've been fumbling around in the dark (white) searching for something or someone familiar. :-O
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I can't be on here for more that two minutes. I thought I was crazy or something because I now dread coming here but it's good to read many of you feel the same. I won't be on nearly as much as I was in the past because it's just too irritating to look at. I'm shocked at how much the new layout has affected my enjoyment of the forum and it's not something I will or want to get used to.
  • Options
    AtPeacewithMyLustAtPeacewithMyLust Louisville,KY to Toronto Posts: 125
    This is absolutely the worst change of the message pit ever. Yes. I still call it the message pit. How many years ago was
    that? Please change it back. This sucks. How could anyone possibly think this is an improvement? Besides making it easier to post videos,and pics? WGAF? There is a reason I'm not a facebake fan. Thanks.
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • Options

This is absolutely the worst change of the message pit ever. Yes. I still call it the message pit. How many years ago was
    that? Please change it back. This sucks. How could anyone possibly think this is an improvement? Besides making it easier to post videos,and pics? WGAF? There is a reason I'm not a facebake fan. Thanks.

At least you found out how to post on a refurbished site you don't like.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I see mischief
  • Options
    No that is untrue. You see a discussion.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

No that is untrue. You see a discussion.

why do you love the new format so hard?

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

I am starting to adjust a little. I like the embedded videos and I finally have an avatar. I'm on my phone most of the time though and haven't had time to experiment much on the computer. The white is still painful and the smilies ridiculous. I lost so many pm's. Will they ever come back? I don't use Facebook so don't really get the similarities that some are drawing. I don't understand the activity wall bc I can't see it on my phone. As others have said I really don't understand why the change. I feel like I've been fumbling around in the dark (white) searching for something or someone familiar. :-O

I agree with almost everything you posted. I was looking at it through the ipad up until today. I was hoping it would be better on the computer. Not so much. I really miss the popcorn smiley and shifty. ;) << And that is ridiculous. The new smilies are so small and have no description. And now that I can get an avatar, I don't know what to use. :facepalm: Hang in there friend.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options

Because 10c has never given me grief until I decided to post.

The old forum was a place to read others comments. The old format seems to exclude the older fans but the new format seem seem to embrace old and new fans.

And if the fan club members can not get aboard the include everyone clause then this change in the format is not for you, for you, this is not for you

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,760
    edited January 2014

...The old format seems to exclude the older fans but the new format seem seem to embrace old and new fans....

Why?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    as monkeywrench as your name you should know why
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Because 10c has never given me grief until I decided to post.

The old forum was a place to read others comments. The old format seems to exclude the older fans but the new format seem seem to embrace old and new fans.

And if the fan club members can not get aboard the include everyone clause then this change in the format is not for you, for you, this is not for you

so are you saying you were not able to post on the previous board?

Post edited by shortstack on
  • Options
    Nope, I sure don't. Do go on though...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This guy must be trolling. Nothing he says makes any sense.

The old forum was somehow geared to the old fans, and now this forum is geared towards old and new fans. Check, gotcha. Guess I need to drink more.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    An entirely new forum design overnight yet it seems only a select few posting.
    Why?

• Options
    *lost*
  • Options
    ....well why?
  • Options

This guy must be trolling. Nothing he says makes any sense.

The old forum was somehow geared to the old fans, and now this forum is geared towards old and new fans. Check, gotcha. Guess I need to drink more.

Man your fast
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited January 2014
    The new site keeps freezing up on my phone.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

An entirely new forum design overnight yet it seems only a select few posting.
    Why?

Why? Because as you can see, many are unhappy with the change. Also take into account that it is the weekend. User traffic decreases big time on Sat/Sun nights. Also factor into the equation that there is nothing going on with the band right now. No touring, no new merch, etc......
  • Options
    mookeywrench gave me the wisdom of the friend/foe option

Dr. Delight gave me the option to keep talking
  • Options

mookeywrench gave me the wisdom of the friend/foe option

Dr. Delight gave me the option to keep talking

• Options
    balls
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    october22 said:

I can't be on here for more that two minutes. I thought I was crazy or something because I now dread coming here but it's good to read many of you feel the same. I won't be on nearly as much as I was in the past because it's just too irritating to look at. I'm shocked at how much the new layout has affected my enjoyment of the forum and it's not something I will or want to get used to.

exactly this..please,now excuse me,i have to leave cos i need to put eye drops after 2 minutes read the forum..
    and the ones are expert at computers-softwares ,please let me me know what control + (insert the right button here) need to clik so take my joy back ,the one this crap took away..thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    Agree, impossible to read. Not sure who thought this was a good look.

And can we not edit old posts anymore? I get the "edit" wheel on new posts, but not old ones, which sucks.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864

And can we not edit old posts anymore? I get the "edit" wheel on new posts, but not old ones, which sucks.

You can only edit your post for an hour.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited January 2014

What is this, a font for ants?

• Options

What is this, a font for ants?

Zoolander
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    -Emma- said:

You can only edit your post for an hour.
    um, that's just plain dumb.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale