Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    My poll suggests 12% Like, 20% are ok with it, 66% dislike it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570

so whats the purpose of the "Activity"section. all im seeing is everyone changing their profile pic or people using it thinking they are sending a pm. What are we suppose to do with it?

It's like wall posts on facebook. A place to air dirty laundry to the entire forum, lol. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    benjs said:

Hey Kat, since you're asking for a discussion, here are my sentiments on the site.

“Pearljam Community”. Really?

On the main page - why are sub-headings aligned further to the right than the headings if they’re nearly equal font size? Keep everything aligned as it’s distracting to see text moving left and right.

Spacing: why is there so much more space beneath headings than above it (take Not Pearl Jam’s Music, for example)? Being consistent and going with age-old standards would be nice.

Popular Tags: this is not Twitter. We come here to make statements longer than 140 characters to each other.

Category Filter: Why opt people into followed categories as a default, when 95% of the viewers won’t notice and hence will never change it to all categories?

Who’s Online: Unnecessary, but nice! I like seeing the usernames when I float my cursor over the images.

Reply-ability: A ‘Post Reply’ button on the top of the page would be nice, or a hidden button to post a reply when your cursor floats over a post.

Font: Horrendous. Particularly illegible on all screens I’ve viewed it on (iPad mini, iPhone, 15” MacBook, 27” iMac). Something about the spacing between letters is hard on the eyes. The default font sizes should be enlarged as well. Yes, I’m aware that my browser can change the sizes if I would like, but a good web design shouldn’t require me to do that upon each visit.

Colours: Really, where the hell are they? White? Seriously? Terrible design idea for a website all about reading – this creates eye fatigue rapidly.

Overall feel: toy-like, unprofessional, cheap knock-off, poorly translated, work in progress, beta, junk are the words that come to mind.

The guts of this are clearly nearly the same as the old design. My suggestion: offer the company who was (over)paid to ruin a good thing an ultimatum of a quality revision with the attention to detail this site needs, or money back and a smooth conversion back to the old site - which, from what I can tell, was superior in nearly every regard.

WELL SAID!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2014

Why shouldn't new users have a voice in this? Are you afraid they'll make us sound old and stodgy?

I AM old & stodgy & yes, they can have a voice (i guess)....but, i don't care to hear "Love the new site, looks like Arcade Fires" ..."When does the 45 come out?"...not what I care to hear.

You might...I don't.

Just thought we had a good thing going as it was...thats all

just read back...am I wrong about my percentages?!

Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    troysp1troysp1 Posts: 412
    I do not want to come off as negative, but I do want to comment. I am on the site pretty frequently and this change has affected my usage. The site is hard on the eyes because of the color schemes and the flow for me from post to post and forum to forum is just bad.

I appreciate 10 club trying to make changes and updates to keep the site fresh, but this change is going to make me slow down my activity on the site dramatically (if not stop all together). Hopefully you take the criticism as constructive and listen to the comments made by many active members.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The one thing i fear is that I don't visit the forum on the weekends...so when I log back in on Monday, the threads i have posted in will have that yellow notification, and it will say "489 New", I don't really care that much how many new posts are made after I last looked at a thread

And how do I 'unsubscribe'? I accidentally clicked on a thread I never read and it keeps telling me how many new posts there are...I DON'T CARE!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    This new forum is awful, just terrible.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Also, it seems you cannot delete it if somebody posts something stupid on your wall. That's not cool ...
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    edited January 2014
    You can add a horizontal line to your signature...edit your signature by typing this with no spaces: < h r > at the start of your signature.

You can also make the text in your signature smaller by adding < s m a l l > to the beginning of the text and < / s m a l l > at the end of the text.
    Post edited by -Emma- on
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    It's not a looker on ny phone. But at least it got a version for phones now. Which is great. And the white works better than on a computer screen.

So yeah... You win some, you still loose a lot.

I don't see myself being as active on this trainwreck of an improvement.

Should have used a classic look toit and just added support for youtube and images (like I thought they would...)

Yuck.

:-q 8-} \:D/ ^#(^
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    In safari when I have typed enough to fill the first line of the comment box, the letters go behind the smiley drop down before it goes to the next line...
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Honestly. Its pretty damn decent on my phone. When your in a thread.

Outside on the porch it doesn't look to good.

The font works good on my phone too
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    edited January 2014
    Is anyone else having trouble accessing the 10C PJ Radio on an iPad?

My connection on my PC keeps being refused too. >:P
    Post edited by narnia on
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    jcarhartjcarhart Posts: 189
    I couldn't be more disappointed. It's hard to read, not user friendly and on any device besides my I-phone it is impossible to read or navigate. I might have to completely withdraw from the site as it is unusable. I expect renewals to drop dramatically if something is not done. Please take all feedback to heart!!!!
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    So is this thing actually for real? Is this a joke? Is this a "test" phase? This is a real question I'm asking here. It feels like I'm lost in cyberspace hell with this new format. It seems like punishment and a deliberate way to push people away from the forums - and trust me, there will be plenty of people dropping like flies.

FAIL.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Can someone tell me how to view "Recent Discussions" (the new "Active Topics") without all the "Announcements" stuck at the top? That's really the only thing I'd like to get around.

Thanks.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    This new board is horrible. Every new board takes time,but this one is brutal. I hope I don't come across this board drunk. If I do I might puke.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    My bookmarked threads are useless since the URLs are no longer relevant.

The search bar is markedly improved (blue text in a black box as it was before was horribly unreadable), but the searches don't return any results.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

Can someone tell me how to view "Recent Discussions" (the new "Active Topics") without all the "Announcements" stuck at the top? That's really the only thing I'd like to get around.

Thanks.

mouse over each one and a gear icon will pop up...click on it and click dimiss
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

That blows. Watch out late night Crew!

There will be a lot of posts that are just a period. image

Well at least I found a source for the old smilies. image
    Please share!

FrankieG planned ahead and posted this! http://imgur.com/a/wHchf

WOOO! Not really planned ahead. I used the wayback machine to grab them. If you find anymore that I'm missing I will update!

New album with updates: http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    Post edited by FrankieG on
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, Norm. Huge difference.

I know a lot of people are shitting on this new board but the fact is, everyone hates change. In anything. Always. Give it time, people.

Kat, I do have one suggestion: Please let the "Edit Post" option live longer than an hour. I personally have threads where I'm constantly updating the first post. some times it's dozens of times over the course of months. Now that can't be done. I know on some forums the "Topic Starter" has the option to edit their first post. Maybe we can adopt that?
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    it's horrible. just horrible. this kind of cinches the deal......not comin' round these parts no mo'.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Not really digging the new color scheme on the board at all right now.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    benjs said:

Hey Kat, since you're asking for a discussion, here are my sentiments on the site.

“Pearljam Community”. Really?

On the main page - why are sub-headings aligned further to the right than the headings if they’re nearly equal font size? Keep everything aligned as it’s distracting to see text moving left and right.

Spacing: why is there so much more space beneath headings than above it (take Not Pearl Jam’s Music, for example)? Being consistent and going with age-old standards would be nice.

Popular Tags: this is not Twitter. We come here to make statements longer than 140 characters to each other.

Category Filter: Why opt people into followed categories as a default, when 95% of the viewers won’t notice and hence will never change it to all categories?

Who’s Online: Unnecessary, but nice! I like seeing the usernames when I float my cursor over the images.

Reply-ability: A ‘Post Reply’ button on the top of the page would be nice, or a hidden button to post a reply when your cursor floats over a post.

Font: Horrendous. Particularly illegible on all screens I’ve viewed it on (iPad mini, iPhone, 15” MacBook, 27” iMac). Something about the spacing between letters is hard on the eyes. The default font sizes should be enlarged as well. Yes, I’m aware that my browser can change the sizes if I would like, but a good web design shouldn’t require me to do that upon each visit.

Colours: Really, where the hell are they? White? Seriously? Terrible design idea for a website all about reading – this creates eye fatigue rapidly.

Overall feel: toy-like, unprofessional, cheap knock-off, poorly translated, work in progress, beta, junk are the words that come to mind.

The guts of this are clearly nearly the same as the old design. My suggestion: offer the company who was (over)paid to ruin a good thing an ultimatum of a quality revision with the attention to detail this site needs, or money back and a smooth conversion back to the old site - which, from what I can tell, was superior in nearly every regard.

Good point Well made

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 804
    Thee biggest negative is the font size, its WAY to small. That really needs to be bumped up. Also the navigation on the left is useless and takes up to much screen real estate. That could have been handled so many better ways, like off screen area accessed by a button.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    So there seem to be people who cannot log in with their old log ins. Can anybody who experienced this and had to choose a new name tell how they handled this? Asking for a friend who cannot log in.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

So there seem to be people who cannot log in with their old log ins. Can anybody who experienced this and had to choose a new name tell how they handled this? Asking for a friend who cannot log in.

I have a headache from that FB thread over there.......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    The background needs to be greyed AT LEAST
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    this site is hard on the eyes. why so much white??? Also, why doesnt the search feature work. I guess I wont come on the 10c forums as much any more...
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    terrible.

just words words and more words.

crap menu on the main screen so all the thread titles are condensed into multiple lines.

signatures are ridiculous in size and take over the threads - either sizing needs to be changed or signatures need to be disallowed at all. especially animated gifs.

we don't need avatars on the main screen. takes up way to much space for something so irrelevant.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.