SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    :-c
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RKCNDY said:

mfc2006 said:

What happened??

the forum got drunk with FB last night and had this ugly baby...
    :O)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

L-)

I am not looking forward to the first time someone uses that one on me, lol.
    Its funny that it would be there on a "no name calling" forum...

:)) :-@ L-) :))
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Do not want. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I only look at the boards on my phone and now all the text spreads across off the screen so I have to manually scroll to read it all. And it's sooooo small!
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    needs more contrast
    it all looks the same
    and the standard font should be bigger
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    markbushy said:

Best post of the new look forum.... ^:)^
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 863
    I would have rated the old forums as a B+ user experience- not awesome, but very functional and easy to look at. This new one so far rates more like a D- extremely hard to look at, and flawed in functionality. Very bummed.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!) • 5/13/24 Sacramento (Light Years! Picture in a Frame!) • 5/25/24 Bottle Rock (Last Kiss! Maybe It’s Time w/Bradley Cooper!)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2014
    don't code drunk, people!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I'm starting to get used to it. The only thing I wish had been added was a way to leave and keep track of feedback on users in the Lost Dogs section.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    This sucks, its too bright!
    Please change it back-----
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    edited January 2014
    Bad:

It's hard to tell where posts end and signatures begin. Maybe make signatures a different size/font?
    Bad: I can't google stuff like "dimi bitching pearljam.com" and go straight to the "why u don't bitching?" thread...other threads, of course, have the same effect.

What the previous guy said about the white. It's like looking outside on a snowy day. Painful and such.

Good:
    Everything else, I'm sure.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited January 2014
    pjradio said:

don't code drunk, people!

Lol true!
    It's challenging even when you're not drunk...

No wonder they called it NO CODE! They knew what was coming. image

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    edited January 2014
    Wow, yep, the e-mail with every new post on a thread you've posted in, perhaps that you've 'bookmarked' is NUTS! I might turn the e-mails off & just go with bookmarking threads & check it by that.

& yep, it is a shame to lose seeing everyone's location. :(
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,753
    morello said:

Wow, yep, the e-mail with every new post on a thread you've posted in, perhaps that you've 'bookmarked' is NUTS! I might turn the e-mails off & just go with bookmarking threads & check it by that.

That is my most hated thing about the change - the endless email notifications. I'm really hoping they can change that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    PJ_Soul said:

morello said:

That is my most hated thing about the change - the endless email notifications. I'm really hoping they can change that.
    I really, really can't have all these e-mails coming in so disble e-mails it's going to be! I like how, when you click on 'participated' you can see how many new posts in a thread & being able to bookmark threads & again, see how many new posts are there is cool too. >:/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Well, if this is the way its gonna be, its not really that bad if you "Ctrl +" a few times and turn off the signatures.
    Things do tend to run together more with this new layout. The boxes of the old one helped to separate posts and stuff...we'll get used to it.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    edited January 2014
    Signatures are edited with HTML not BCCode. image
    Now if I can just figure out how to remove the extra space...
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2014
    What was soooo wrong with the old forum? Couldn't they have just added these so called, "New Features" to the old one? And what are these "New Features" they speak of? Bigger pics? (wouldn't have been too hard to change that) New Theme? Thats it?? OK, I get it...gotta change it up every once in awhile. But why THIS theme?! This is like a step back. Amateurish.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    How do you foe someone now?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    pjradio said:

What was soooo wrong with the old forum? Couldn't they have just added these so called, "New Features" to the old one? And what are these "New Features" they speak of? Bigger pics? (wouldn't have been too hard to change that) New Theme? Thats it?? OK, I get it...gotta change it up every once in awhile. But why THIS theme?! This is like a step back. Amateurish.

thats post says it all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    you get what you pay for, i suppose
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

pjradio said:

thats post says it all
    Agreed. 10c, are you listening??? Make it more user-friendly!!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    PJ_Soul said:

L-)

L-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    [-( Lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    edited January 2014
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

L-)

L-)
    Now that one violates the Posting Guidelines, doesn't it? [-X Follow the Posting Guidelines always and all will be ok.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    where are the posting guidelines now?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Kat, how do you foe / ignore someone that needs to be put on ignore? And how do you delete a post?
  • Options

Kat, how do you foe / ignore someone that needs to be put on ignore? And how do you delete a post?

Yeah, he needs to foe me desperately. :D
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777

There is no FOE feature; just ignore it/them. There is no way to delete your own post.
    Falling down,...not staying down