Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    Neil Young is at Hyde Park July 12th. What's the chance of Mr Vedder and friends of perhaps staying another night and banging out Rockin in the Free World with the legend??

Be going to Leeds but I'm hoping for some more UK dates. I'd love for them to announce the Echo arena in Liverpool. :)
    London 2007 - Manchester 2009 - London 2009 - Manchester I & II 2012
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    I never did this lottery thing.
    Now i just read:
    Drawing Entries Open: Fri, December 13th at 9am CTE in Europe (12am PST in the US).

I did not decide yet, does that mean, when I decide for example on Sunday which concerts I want to put in,
    that there have been drawing already names?

Think you have till the wednesday to put into the lottery and the drawing will start after the wednesday ;)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Sumnaldo wrote:
    If I'm a member of tenclub, therefore a pretty surefire fan of pearl jam, why do I have to go into a lotto draw to get a ticket? surely pearl jam would like their dedicated fans to be there? or would they prefer to alienate the fans who lose out in the draw, and fail to get a public ticket... or am i completely reading it wrong?????

There may be more fan club members than the allottment of fan club tickets. You never were guaranteed fan club tickets. There seems to be more demand in the last few years than in the past.
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Really glad they are playing Leeds, a shame they couldn't do so during my university days... still, really looking forward to it! Would be my first time at the new arena too.
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    cl281559 wrote:
    Neil Young is at Hyde Park July 12th. What's the chance of Mr Vedder and friends of perhaps staying another night and banging out Rockin in the Free World with the legend??

Be going to Leeds but I'm hoping for some more UK dates. I'd love for them to announce the Echo arena in Liverpool. :)

Or vice versa like Toronto 2011!!
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    nigel wrote:
    I'm strongly considering going to the UK for Leeds and Milton Keynes. Making a week out of it. How difficult would it be to stay in London for the week and trek to the north country for the shows? I'm probably 80% sure I'm gonna make it happen.

Both should be pretty easy to get to from London. Leeds is much further north - but you can get a direct train from London in less than 2 and a half hours. You might want to think about staying in Leeds after the show though?

Fast trains from London to MK only take half an hour, so you could go up and back in the day. Not sure what links from Bowl to train station are like but would imagine they have something sorted (dedicated buses or something).

Hope that helps! :D
    Excellent. Thank you nigel. Yeah, it probably makes sense to stay overnight in Leeds. I'm sure there will be many Londoners traveling the rails to and from the shows, so I'm not too concerned. Do trains run 24/7? What time do the trains within the UK stop each night?

Last direct train from Leeds to London is at 20:45 (or 21:42 from York) so no chance of getting to London the same night. Trains do run during the night to Manchester, York and Huddersfield.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    cl281559 wrote:

I'm going for that.. I'm not going to Milton Keynes (too expensi, a stadium size and can't get home after the show) but I'll be in Hyde park.. even if PJ doesn't show up, uncle Neil is worth it and the ticket is cheaper than PJ!
  • Options
    nigel wrote:
    I'm strongly considering going to the UK for Leeds and Milton Keynes. Making a week out of it. How difficult would it be to stay in London for the week and trek to the north country for the shows? I'm probably 80% sure I'm gonna make it happen.

Both should be pretty easy to get to from London. Leeds is much further north - but you can get a direct train from London in less than 2 and a half hours. You might want to think about staying in Leeds after the show though?

Fast trains from London to MK only take half an hour, so you could go up and back in the day. Not sure what links from Bowl to train station are like but would imagine they have something sorted (dedicated buses or something).

Excellent. Thank you nigel. Yeah, it probably makes sense to stay overnight in Leeds. I'm sure there will be many Londoners traveling the rails to and from the shows, so I'm not too concerned. Do trains run 24/7? What time do the trains within the UK stop each night?

Last direct train from Leeds to London is at 20:45 (or 21:42 by changing trains at York) so no chance of getting to London the same night. Trains do run during the night to Manchester, York and Huddersfield from Leeds.
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    There will be loads of us staying over in Leeds - so should be a great night out. I think the arena is pretty central in the City, so plenty of decent priced hotel options near by. Plus the beer up North is great (and that's coming from a Southerner!). :D
    nigel wrote:

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,330
    The band is playing in one city I'd love to visit, Stockholm. All of you attending the shows in Europe, have a good time and don't cause trouble. :D
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    DavieB wrote:
    Even with a new arena, still no Glasgow or Scotland. I'm out of this tour.

I'm pretty sure they'll add more dates. Hopefully they'll go to S.E Asia too next year, as that's where I plan to be.

They've been to Asia at least twice. 1990-something and 2003. The 2003 tour saw crowds that weren't real receptive and apparently, the band lost a bit of money touring there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    Just got the email... 2 ticket limit, that's not so good... Was after 3 of them... Guess I'll have to chance it out with the general sale on 20th then.

Find someone who has an extra. :) They'll be out there.

The policy always has been two tickets...

Check on the forum closer to the show for preparty info (if that's something that happens in Europe...IDK.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

If you are going to make the trip to Leeds, then don't stay in London the whole time. See some different parts of the country - the cost of living is cheaper up north so you might be able to afford a pint! Loads of cool things to do and see (what are you into?). Leeds is one of the best cities in the country for live music as well if you want to check out new things.

Trains don't run 24/7! Book them well in advance (earliest you can usually do so is 12 weeks) or the tickets are incredibly expensive - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... in-tickets is a good place to start for tips on keeping costs down.
    www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261

UK that time of year can be amazing! This past July it was sunny and 85 nearly every day down in Kingston! Very dry summer for most of England, actually.

You should definitely spend some time in London, but if you're headed to Leeds then you should stay there after the show, then hire a car or take a train/bus into the Peak District. Stay in a B&B there. Beautiful countryside, good beer, great pubs!

I'm a country North Carolina boy living in London for three years now... if you have any questions you can PM me. Hope to see you in July! I'll be at MK for sure!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    savegringo wrote:

If you are going to make the trip to Leeds, then don't stay in London the whole time. See some different parts of the country - the cost of living is cheaper up north so you might be able to afford a pint! Loads of cool things to do and see (what are you into?). Leeds is one of the best cities in the country for live music as well if you want to check out new things.

Trains don't run 24/7! Book them well in advance (earliest you can usually do so is 12 weeks) or the tickets are incredibly expensive - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel ... in-tickets is a good place to start for tips on keeping costs down.

I'm all for a pint extra or two... And indeed, the north is cheaper and the people more approachable, IMO at least.
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    I never did this lottery thing.
    Now i just read:
    Drawing Entries Open: Fri, December 13th at 9am CTE in Europe (12am PST in the US).

I did not decide yet, does that mean, when I decide for example on Sunday which concerts I want to put in,
    that there have been drawing already names?

No names are drawn until Wednesday. It makes no difference when you enter within the drawing period.

"For your convenience you have 5 full days to enter before names are drawn. This drawing entry period opens today, December 13th and closes Wed, Dec 18th at 5pm CET in Europe (that's 8am PST in the US). Names will not be drawn until the evening of Wed Dec 18th in Europe (that's mid-day in the US)."
    1992 - 3/2 Southend Esplanade, 4/2 London Borderline, 21/2 Manchester International II, 25/2 Nottingham Rock City, 26/2 Birmingham Edwards No.8, 27/2 Bradford Queens Hall, 28/2 London ULU, 6/6 London Finsbury Park
    2000 - 4/6 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2006 - 20/4 London Astoria, 25/8 Leeds Festival
    2009 - 17/8 Manchester Evening News Arena
    2010 - 25/6 Hard Rock Calling
    2012 - 20/6 Manchester Arena, 21/6 Manchester Arena, EV 28/7 Manchester Apollo
    2014 - 8/7 Leeds Arena, 11/7 Milton Keynes
    2018 - 18/6 London O2 Arena, 19/6 London O2 Arena, 14/7 NOS Alive
    2022 - 8/7 Hyde Park, 9/7 Hyde Park
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    oh what to do? we're in ireland and it's our wedding in august so would love to avoid the cost of travelling to see them so am tempted to wait and see when they would announce more dates BUT don't want to miss out on 10c tickets, again! can anyone remember how soon after the announcement last time they announced more dates? i can't. knowing my luck we'd get tickets for amsterdam then they would announce belfast or dublin :lol: also, i've never entered the draw for tickets, wonder what the success rate is like.
    Elope earlier in the year then use your wedding budget for your Pearl Jam honeymoon tour instead :mrgreen:

(PS Congratulations!)

Thank you :) If we hadn't already booked and paid for pretty much everything we would be seriously considering doing that, haha! We're honeymooning in Honolulu, where Eddie got married!
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Very cool and was excited to wake up to that email. Probably won't be able to make it but am happy for my European buds to catch this amazing tour!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    AB33658AB33658 Seattle, WA Posts: 7
    I'm feeling a little unsure if I should pick GA or reserved for Oslo and Stockholm.
    Anyone have insight? If I make this crazy journey I don't want to be too far away or have to fight for air. And I'm short! Isn't everyone there tall!?
    Im not sure How these venues are... Help!
    Especially since it seems the reserved may be more desirable seating based on the increased price??
    Milwaukee 1995 Kansas City 1998 St Louis 2000 San Antonio, Dallas, Little Rock 2003 Toledo, Gorge, Vancouver 2005 Seattle 2009 London 2010 Chigago (wrigley), Portland, Spokane, Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Hi,

Just a question about the wuhlheide show. At the previous shows there (i believe there was one in 2010) did the have a seperate 10c section in front of the stage? Or only just early entrance?
  • Options
    What do you think the chances are there being a 10c separate area at Milton Keynes ? Its a big ask for people to be standing at the front from probably before 2pm when it opens till say 8pm when they come on stage :|
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    The Summer just got a bit spicier...
    Better start packing pigeon feed now. Hate for my trailers to get lost at such a critical moment.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    This tour sucks, only stadiums, heavy prices, we are oblige to buy tickets and give money 6 months before their concerts, no doubt PJ is becoming worst than U2
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027
    AB33658 wrote:
    I'm feeling a little unsure if I should pick GA or reserved for Oslo and Stockholm.
    Anyone have insight? If I make this crazy journey I don't want to be too far away or have to fight for air. And I'm short! Isn't everyone there tall!?
    Im not sure How these venues are... Help!
    Especially since it seems the reserved may be more desirable seating based on the increased price??

Both are large indoor soccer arenas/stadiums. Stockholm is way bigger and has a roof that can be opened (but will remain closed for PJ).

Oslo
    Telenor_Arena_86551a.jpg

BJCFwm2CIAIp29Z.jpg:medium

Stockholm
    article-2232314-16020B04000005DC-464_634x421.jpg

181683_387131354735258_2112499277_n.jpg

Seats are quite far from the stage, since the pitch is so large.

In Stockholm PJ is not using the full capacity of the stadium, there is a seating chart on the venue website :
    http://friendsarena.se/Evenemang/Pearl-Jam/

Also in Stockholm if you get GA tickets, there will be a separate section in front of the stage. It will not be only for 10c, but at least you are not that far from the stage and it shouldn't be too crowded, unless you want to be way up front.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Garvan wrote:
    No Ireland date?

Disappointed guys

G

Yep........must be the extortionate price of insurance in this dump that's preventing a Dublin date...
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,854
    This tour sucks, only stadiums, heavy prices, we are oblige to buy tickets and give money 6 months before their concerts, no doubt PJ is becoming worst than U2

Don't go then.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,027

Yeah, life was much better in 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005. Didn't have to buy tickets too far in advance :D
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    lyears wrote:
    Really glad they are playing Leeds, a shame they couldn't do so during my university days... still, really looking forward to it! Would be my first time at the new arena too.

Not been to the arena myself yet, and can't wait for this.

One major faux-pas of that arena... no on-site parking. Cant believe they didn't do underground on it!!
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    This is just so great! Can't wait to follow them around a couple of shows again!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    BetsyhermBetsyherm Myrtle Beach, SC Posts: 23
    how do you make sure you are entered for the drawings for free tickets?