Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    I will be in Europe about a week and a half AFTER all these shows. Can we move these dates back a little bit. Thanks?
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    guypjfreak wrote:
    do you reckon thell add any more to these dates ???

Expect a 2nd date for Amsterdam and also Leeds. And probably another show sometime between the Oslo and Poland shows.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Still no Iceland? What gives?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Hello Happy people!
    I would like to pose a question for those who know and have gone to the shows through Ten Club tickets in Europe. Since the Berlin show is only GA, what do the people who win 10C tickets get more than those who buy on public sale? The venue info says that doors open at 17:00. So my question is what the band wrists you get with the 10C tickets aim for? Do the wrist band holders form queues and they get all together in, at 17:00 or is there another entrance only for them at any time? Sorry if my question sounds silly, but it's the first time that I'm - hopefully- going to a show, and I know nothing of these things. Plus, I have a trip to organize...Any answer would be appreciated a lot!!!Thank you all!
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Hello Happy people!
    I would like to pose a question for those who know and have gone to the shows through Ten Club tickets in Europe. Since the Berlin show is only GA, what do the people who win 10C tickets get more than those who buy on public sale? The venue info says that doors open at 17:00. So my question is what the band wrists you get with the 10C tickets aim for? Do the wrist band holders form queues and they get all together in, at 17:00 or is there another entrance only for them at any time? Sorry if my question sounds silly, but it's the first time that I'm - hopefully- going to a show, and I know nothing of these things. Plus, I have a trip to organize...Any answer would be appreciated a lot!!!Thank you all!

Usually 10c wristbands will queue separately and gain access first.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    U_it'sUUU wrote:
    Hello Happy people!
    It's a different entrance in Berlin. Last time they both opened on the same time so there were people running from the front and the back. The Early Entree Area at Wuhlheide is perfect, Beer and BBQ!!
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,905
    I'm sure this was mentioned already, but there seems to be a lot of opportunity to add more dates
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I'm sure this was mentioned already, but there seems to be a lot of opportunity to add more dates
    i think amsterdam will play a seconbd show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

At least 3 more shows I reckon, maybe 4.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    I've thrown my hat in forMilton Keynes and everything Leeds in the 10c ballot. Hoping to be in Europe early enough for Trieste and Vienna, but no guarantee so I'll take my chances on the secondary market. Also hoping for a show announcement for Croatia and/or Bosnia & Herzegovina. Looking forward to meeting some new peeps on the tour :)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Please, please, please add a show in Scotland!!!!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    What do people think are the odds that the general release tickets are going to cost less? Wary of 10C after the whole Lightning Bolt Vinyl debacle all it seems to offer is a premium to buy through 10C knowing hardcore fans will pay whatever's asked. Or, am I being enormously cynical?
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 144
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

totally agree,im proud to say scotland has one of most passionate audiences in the world,thats why every big band comes back here.it saddens me that the best one chooses not to.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    were really gonna have the ticket price posts all over again?

Im still wading through the excitement to even check the prices, and given seeing these guys is the best night out in the world for me, Im sure id pay double whatever it is

Some people aren't that well off and ticket prices are a huge factor on attending or not.

oh I get that, and I certainly am not, but these are the things that make my year. I will look forward to these shows from now until the summer. So im very flippant when it comes to the cost of them.

I understand the financial pressures, despite the emerging economic growth there is still a lot of financial pressure out there, and sometimes a luxury such as a concert is not justifiable - especially when the costs are high.

But what can you do? I don't think these prices are set to fleece fans, it is just what it is, the cost of touring and cost of putting shows on these days. Most prices are promoter driven, they took on the corporate world aqnd their contemporaries looked on from afar and let them sink in that fight......do you really expect them to do that again given the state of the record industry generally?

I think what im trying to say is that Im just grateful they are coming back, Im excited, and apologies if I came across insensitive.

Well stated pd! The contemporaries of the times left them hangin' in the wind. I appreciate the re-statement and thoughtfulness. Have fun in Europe this summer everyone.
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    OffRampOffRamp Aberdeen, Scotland Posts: 76
    rangers72 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

totally agree,im proud to say scotland has one of most passionate audiences in the world,thats why every big band comes back here.it saddens me that the best one chooses not to.

There's room for a T in the Park headline slot in there after Milton Keynes...

Ps you can't say they choose not to play here. Tour management, logistics and venue availability all major factors. Tricky to organise tours.

1996 London Wembley Arena
    2000 Glasgow
    2003 Irvine 2, San Diego
    2006 London Astoria, Verona, Milan
    2009 London Shepherds Bush, Manchester, London O2
    2010 Belfast
    2012 Manchester 1, Oslo, Copenhagen

2014 Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2, Leeds

• Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Are Soundgarden touring Europe at this time too? http://www.songkick.com/artists/44690-s ... n/calendar Matt Cameron gonna be busy. If so are there room for more shows?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    No Scotland:'(. Leeds & Milton Keynes a no go for me Im afraid. Same old story, its a shame. T in the Park not ideal really.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    boyo79 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Are Soundgarden touring Europe at this time too? http://www.songkick.com/artists/44690-s ... n/calendar Matt Cameron gonna be busy. If so are there room for more shows?

Matt is taking a year off from Soundgarden as announced a couple of weeks ago.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,393
    Which website does one use for the Milan public sale next Friday?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    The Rock wrote:

http://www.livenation.it/artist/pearl-jam-tickets
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,393
    Roeland wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

http://www.livenation.it/artist/pearl-jam-tickets

2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    No Scotland, Wales or Ireland, PJ you are letting the Celts down
  • Options
    Interesting...

Few surprises here and not what I was expecting buy hey they are back and looking forward to it already. Now to decide where to go.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    No Birmingham! ah well. Looks like I'm travelling to Milton Keynes. This tour was inevitable after the release of their best album to date.
    John Slater
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 144
    There's room for a T in the Park headline slot in there after Milton Keynes...

Ps you can't say they choose not to play here. Tour management, logistics and venue availability all major factors. Tricky to organise tours.[/quote]
    see i would disagree bands like the foo fighters regulary play in scotland (even the boss has played here twice in the last 3 years)so i really cant see that as an excuse.i mean theres nothing stopping them playing the hydro this tour?mabye im just frustrated that they havent played here in 14 years(at least i was there!)
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    I promised my wife a trip to Italy so she could see where I am from and we have been waiting to combine it with a show. This is great news, hope I can score some 10Club seats!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    ...how can you CHOOSE any..I want to go to all of them *sigh*

But..with two kids and a husband that is equally eager to see them we need babysitters :fp:

Got a big house right outside Oslo though..so if anyone really nice asks politely we might give room for accommocation :ugeek:
    Oslo, Spektrum 29/06/00*Copenhagen, Forum 26/06/07*Berlin, Wuhlheide 15/08/09*Stockholm, Globen 07/07/12*
    Oslo, Spektrum 09/07/12*Seattle, Key Arena 06/12/13*Berlin, Wuhlheide 26/06/14*Stockholm, Globen 28/06/14*
    Oslo, Telenor Arena 29/06/14
  • Options
    Bummed that there is no Glasgow :( but thats me in for Milton Keynes so will see what happens :|:)
  • Options
    I'm in 'convincing wife mode' right now :D ....Vienna, have friends in the city, just need to fit a few thousand $$ into the budget for the flight from LA to Vienna.
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Empty_wallet_tiny.jpg

Yep, this will be me come July.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."