Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Again! A tour to pay gor at Christmas!!!!!! I can't afford any of the gigs, announce them in December and sell tickets in February! PLEASE! See you in 2015 or whenever you do another European jaunt.
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    No shows scheduled for July at the Hydro in Scotland yet. If PJ does schedule a show there this summer will it be before or after Leeds?
    Hold On
  • Options
    Hi,

Just a question about the wuhlheide show. At the previous shows there (i believe there was one in 2010) did the have a seperate 10c section in front of the stage? Or only just early entrance?
    They had only a early entry … but the wuhlheide is really not such a big venue that you would need a seperate section :0)
  • Options
    Have it on good authority that there will be two Leeds gigs on the 8th & 9th of July :D

Great venue, right in the middle of the city, plenty of parking within 0.25m (Woodhouse Multistorey and Merrion). Loads of cracking pubs in the area.

Going to be some week, I will also got a few Neil Young & Crazy Horse gigs that week, possibly Cork on the 10th and Hyde Park on the 12th. Waiting on a Liverpool date also, which hopefully won't clash with PJ in Leeds.
    Finsbury Park, London 11-07-93
    RDS, Dublin 26-08-95 (Mirror Ball Tour)
    Bramham Park, Leeds 25-08-06
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
    First Direct Arena, Leeds 08-07-14
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Have it on good authority that there will be two Leeds gigs on the 8th & 9th of July :D

Great venue, right in the middle of the city, plenty of parking within 0.25m (Woodhouse Multistorey and Merrion). Loads of cracking pubs in the area.

Going to be some week, I will also got a few Neil Young & Crazy Horse gigs that week, possibly Cork on the 10th and Hyde Park on the 12th. Waiting on a Liverpool date also, which hopefully won't clash with PJ in Leeds.

Will that second show be also first presale for us?

And can somebody help me with my question
    Imagine I dont get drawn for my 2 shows I put in, and I will try the public sale on the 20th,
    but of course I rather want to exchange or buy for somebody here so I still get the early entry, that means
    that all the exchange etc here, must happen on the 19th otherwise, if I get a ticket thru regular sale, and still afterwards can buy from one of you, I will have one to many................

Gggrrr, I dont like this............ :fp:
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    mrk2 wrote:
    This tour sucks, only stadiums, heavy prices, we are oblige to buy tickets and give money 6 months before their concerts, no doubt PJ is becoming worst than U2

Yeah, life was much better in 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005. Didn't have to buy tickets too far in advance :D

Indeed, and those prices...........I hardly belief it, especially in the early years, that Eddie himself was so against
    those ridiculous prices, why cant he do the same in these times of crisis :fp:
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Will that second show be also first presale for us?
    :

I doubt it, they'll check sales and release it later.
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
  • Options
    Betsyherm wrote:
    how do you make sure you are entered for the drawings for free tickets?

They're not free.
    MEN, Manchester 17-08-09
    MEN, Manchester 20-06-12
    MEN, Manchester 21-06-12
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Thank you coming to Sweden in June !! :D
    You are the greatest !!!
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    CD288518 wrote:
    Hi,

Just a question about the wuhlheide show. At the previous shows there (i believe there was one in 2010) did the have a seperate 10c section in front of the stage? Or only just early entrance?
    They had only a early entry … but the wuhlheide is really not such a big venue that you would need a seperate section :0)

In 2006 they had a separate section, however it was not 10club only, other people could get in too. There were not that many 10C members back then. Here's what it looked like after most 10Clubbers had gotten in :
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/frqnc/berlin/IMG_4132.JPG
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Wooohoo. This is exciting news! I can't believe they're heading for Stockholm again. Lucky us!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Are these ticket prices consistent with the market? These seem really steep, but then again I've never bought tickets for a European show before.

I was thinking of maybe trying for a few shows that are near each other but the fear of getting one and not the other through the pre-sale scares me.
  • Options
    Wishing for a Paris, Barcelona or anywhere in Switzerland date.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    In for Milan and Trieste.
    Hold On
  • Options
    ClotClot Posts: 5
    Hei Guys
    what do you think is better the show in Milan or in Trieste? i really want to go to an italian show!
    and also, for the ones that had followed a whole tour, is it better the first show or the last one?

thanks a lot! 8-)
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Clot wrote:
    Hei Guys
    what do you think is better the show in Milan or in Trieste? i really want to go to an italian show!
    and also, for the ones that had followed a whole tour, is it better the first show or the last one?

thanks a lot! 8-)

I haven't followed a whole tour but as far as I know; first shows are a bit rusty and last shows are a bit loose.

Milan will definitely be a big ahoy but I have a feeling that Trieste show will be the hidden jewel of this tour. :idea:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    hi all, looking to go to 1 of the shows in july. put my name in for the drawing for Milton keynes. but if I don't get it would consider Rock Werchter in Belgium. any thoughts about these two shows would be greatly appreciated also would consider going to Leeds.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Now I love Pearl Jam but no way am I paying $246 (£75 a ticket) to watch specks on stage from 300 yards back! Count me out unless there is a front section. Does anyone know if MK will barricade a front section off?
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    someone pay have posted about this but if berlin show is ga only then why is there an option to buy reserved?
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    my bad. theres not. sorry.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    CBL73CBL73 Denmark Posts: 2
    Anyone from Denmark (Sjaelland) going to Berlin or Amsterdam???
  • Options
    Gold 26Gold 26 Posts: 676
    I'm not French so don't really care, but are they not that popular in France? They don't seem to go there much.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    I will try to have tickets for Milan and Trieste. I will travel with my car from East of France, with a stop on Venise, why not?!, on the 21st. If someone is interested to join the car...
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Gold 26 wrote:
    I'm not French so don't really care, but are they not that popular in France? They don't seem to go there much.

There were Arras festival shows in both 2010 and 2012 tours.

I think this time they expect French fans to do some traveling, north to Werchter and south to Milano. ;)
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Are these ticket prices consistent with the market? These seem really steep, but then again I've never bought tickets for a European show before.

I was thinking of maybe trying for a few shows that are near each other but the fear of getting one and not the other through the pre-sale scares me.
    In the UK they're not! And much more than 2 years ago! Lots of people here are unhappy :evil:
    I know I'm skipping Milton Keynes because of this (and it being a stadium-size show).
    I'd rather spend the £75 getting a return flight to Amsterdam or Berlin!
  • Options
    ZIGGO

ZIGGO

ZIGGO

ZIGGO

that is all
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    snefrydsnefryd Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    Hi,
    I'm so exited over the European tour :) My kids kids think I've really lost it :P

It seems that the prices for reserved seating in Oslo are a bit higher than the prices on the Telenor Arena website. Does anybody know why?

Really hope I'll get tickets!!!
    Post edited by snefryd on
    “Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    VejasVejas Posts: 21
    Yes, it's expensive. But don't forget that they were backed by some serious major label money in the 90s when the whole Ticketmaster thing was going down. Think about what it must cost for a US band to put together an European tour at some pretty big venues. Think of the cost of flights, the cost of haulage, flying all that gear over, road crew and tour personnel salaries, lighting rigs, sound equipment, putting up the stage (Milton Keynes specifically I guess), the cost of actually hiring the arenas in the first place.

Whether we enjoy parting with that sort of money or not (and I really don't!), £75 is about the going rate these days for most arena level bands.

Plus they were selling millions and millions of records, which rarely happens to anyone anymore. Now I'm not saying I'm overly excited to be paying 70 pounds for a ticket but it's weird to expect to pay 90s prices for anything in 2013.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    If I put in for two shows in the lottery and only get one, how hard is it for public sales in Europe? Same as north america or no? I would hate to get selected for 10c tickets for one of the two shows and miss out on public sale. I'd have the worry about going all the way over there looking for tickets or eating the pair I was selected for. So I guess my second question is, is the 10c ticket demand in Europe as high as North America or if I put in for two shows, is it likely I'll get both?
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Its looking like we are going for Vienna and Berlin.

We are going to make this our summer vacation and visit our friends and family in Germany. How convenient that Pearl Jam will be close by ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13