Options

Pearl Jam Announces Summer 2014 European Tour

Comments

• Options
    Looking for the dreammy visa!!!
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    KateA wrote:
    Thinking of going either to Amsterdam or Berlin (can't afford both unfortunately).
    Anyone experienced know what would be better option?
    I mean flight prices, getting to the venue from airport, hotel prices/nearness ?
    Thanks for any tips :)

If it's a money issue, definitely go for Berlin. You can probably get cheap flights for both cities, but Berlin is a lot less expensive than Amsterdam, especially regarding accommodation. Many cheap hostels to be found.
    The venue is in a big park in Berlin, it's a very special place. No hotels/hostels in the immediate surroundings, but if you find something that is near an s-bahn (train) going there, you'll be fine and able to get there quickly.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Kathi wrote:
    KateA wrote:
    Thinking of going either to Amsterdam or Berlin (can't afford both unfortunately).
    Anyone experienced know what would be better option?
    I mean flight prices, getting to the venue from airport, hotel prices/nearness ?
    Thanks for any tips :)

If it's a money issue, definitely go for Berlin. You can probably get cheap flights for both cities, but Berlin is a lot less expensive than Amsterdam, especially regarding accommodation. Many cheap hostels to be found.
    The venue is in a big park in Berlin, it's a very special place. No hotels/hostels in the immediate surroundings, but if you find something that is near an s-bahn (train) going there, you'll be fine and able to get there quickly.

Besides, Amsterdam will be first show, there might be some rustiness. :geek:
    And Berlin is Eins-A.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    FaezaM wrote:
    Taking venue and date into consideration, does anyone have an opinion on which show will be the standout of the tour?
    :geek:

I think the whole tour will be standout.
    No need to mention Berlin but I have a feeling for Trieste show that somehow it'll be special.

• Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    mrk2 wrote:
    CD288518 wrote:
    Hi,

Just a question about the wuhlheide show. At the previous shows there (i believe there was one in 2010) did the have a seperate 10c section in front of the stage? Or only just early entrance?
    They had only a early entry … but the wuhlheide is really not such a big venue that you would need a seperate section :0)

In 2006 they had a separate section, however it was not 10club only, other people could get in too. There were not that many 10C members back then. Here's what it looked like after most 10Clubbers had gotten in :
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/frqnc/berlin/IMG_4132.JPG

That looks good but I am wondering how manay 10club members do we have these days????
  • Options
    Roeland wrote:
    There will be plenty of people looking for spare tickets on the forums. No problem to sell as long as it's at face value.

As I am neververy lucky with drawings, I am in for a 10club ticket to Amsterdam
    or Berlin, haha
    Please PM me :oops:
  • Options
    FaezaM wrote:
    mamacil wrote:
    I will try to have tickets for Milan and Trieste. I will travel with my car from East of France, with a stop on Venise, why not?!, on the 21st. If someone is interested to join the car...

May take you up on the offer! :wave:
    Putting in for Milan and Trieste.
    I've done too ;) You really come from Oakland?!
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    mrk2 wrote:
    In 2006 they had a separate section, however it was not 10club only, other people could get in too. There were not that many 10C members back then. Here's what it looked like after most 10Clubbers had gotten in :
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/frqnc/berlin/IMG_4132.JPG

That looks good but I am wondering how manay 10club members do we have these days????

Way more than that :) Anyway in the last two Wuhlheide shows (2009 and 2010) there were easily several hundred people lined up at the 10c entrance.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 270
    edited January 2014
    Europe!
    Post edited by MB93672 on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    In case i loose the lottery for the italian shows, where can i find a link to the public sale on friday?
    Thank you!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    Chrisilein wrote:
    In case i loose the lottery for the italian shows, where can i find a link to the public sale on friday?
    Thank you!
    http://www.livenation.it/artist/pearl-jam-tickets
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Thank you!

Strange that it is not revealed yet on the tour section.

Livenation it is, then.

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Thank you!

Strange that it is not revealed yet on the tour section.

Livenation it is, then.

I thought, at least for Holland, that it was/is www.ticketmaster.nl
    or am I wrong in that?
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    Roeland wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Thank you!
    http://www.livenation.it/artist/pearl-jam-tickets

Thank you!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    AFAIK Livenation does not sell the tickets, it just forwards you to that country's Ticketmaster or other ticket vendor, which in Italy is http://www.ticketone.it

Sweden http://www.ticnet.se
    Norway http://www.billettservice.no
    Holland http://www.ticketmaster.nl
    UK http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Germany is not by livenation, but MCT agentur. Tickets at
    http://mct.tickets.de

Don't know about Vienna
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    mrk2 wrote:
    AFAIK Livenation does not sell the tickets, it just forwards you to that country's Ticketmaster or other ticket vendor, which in Italy is http://www.ticketone.it

Sweden http://www.ticnet.se
    Norway http://www.billettservice.no
    Holland http://www.ticketmaster.nl
    UK http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Germany is not by livenation, but MCT agentur. Tickets at
    http://mct.tickets.de

Don't know about Vienna

Vienna ---> www.oeticket.com
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    If I put in for two shows in the lottery and only get one, how hard is it for public sales in Europe? Same as north america or no? I would hate to get selected for 10c tickets for one of the two shows and miss out on public sale. I'd have the worry about going all the way over there looking for tickets or eating the pair I was selected for. So I guess my second question is, is the 10c ticket demand in Europe as high as North America or if I put in for two shows, is it likely I'll get both?

First time Europe gets the lottery, so hard to answer that. I think it's quite likely you'll get both (for the added lottery for Berlin 2 and Prague last year, I think everyone got tickets that put in), Europe has a lot more GA tickets than the US. And if you want seats, your chances are pretty good too, as less people want seats than GA here.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting tickets through the public sale. Just make sure you're on the website when they go on sale and you should be fine.

You give me little hope, I'll be travelling on the 20th and I WON'T BE ABLE to sit in front of my computer... :( I'm so scared to miss my chance!!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    What a massively disappointing tour - the MK bowl? Really? That is a terrible, terrible venue. Will try and get over to Amsterdam or Berlin I guess, but overall I'm not impressed with this one
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,745
    What a massively disappointing tour - the MK bowl? Really? That is a terrible, terrible venue. Will try and get over to Amsterdam or Berlin I guess, but overall I'm not impressed with this one

Have to agree with this. Sort of similar to the 2012 tour. Alot of the same countries/cities, with some venues with 2 nights last time and probably the same this time. Wish they would spread the extra dates around.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    If I put in for two shows in the lottery and only get one, how hard is it for public sales in Europe? Same as north america or no? I would hate to get selected for 10c tickets for one of the two shows and miss out on public sale. I'd have the worry about going all the way over there looking for tickets or eating the pair I was selected for. So I guess my second question is, is the 10c ticket demand in Europe as high as North America or if I put in for two shows, is it likely I'll get both?

First time Europe gets the lottery, so hard to answer that. I think it's quite likely you'll get both (for the added lottery for Berlin 2 and Prague last year, I think everyone got tickets that put in), Europe has a lot more GA tickets than the US. And if you want seats, your chances are pretty good too, as less people want seats than GA here.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting tickets through the public sale. Just make sure you're on the website when they go on sale and you should be fine.

You give me little hope, I'll be travelling on the 20th and I WON'T BE ABLE to sit in front of my computer... :( I'm so scared to miss my chance!!

You dont need to eat your tickets, there will be probably enough people who want to buy one of you, including me if I dont get drawn for both my choices. :roll:
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    edited December 2013
    mamacil wrote:
    FaezaM wrote:
    mamacil wrote:
    I will try to have tickets for Milan and Trieste. I will travel with my car from East of France, with a stop on Venise, why not?!, on the 21st. If someone is interested to join the car...

May take you up on the offer! :wave:
    Putting in for Milan and Trieste.
    I've done too ;) You really come from Oakland?!

If I get the tickets! :D

I'll be putting in for Trieste, Berlin, and maybe Vienna now

EDIT: Put in for Milan, Trieste, & Berlin! :D
    Post edited by FaezaM on
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Really looking forward to Leeds. I believe its an actual music venue rather than an arena type of place. Much like the Point in Dublin.

I just hope they don't announce a second night there... I won't be able to afford it!
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

You dont need to eat your tickets, there will be probably enough people who want to buy one of you, including me if I dont get drawn for both my choices. :roll:

Sorry, my english is really poor... I meant SOME HOPE!! :D I'm not exactly sure what you mean, Twiggy57, I really hope to get my tickets on the 18th, and yes I'll be glad to be able to help someone in that case! :-)
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm in for Amsterdam and Milton Keynes. If I don't get picked for Amsterdam would take a spare if anyone has one.

Shame there is no London gig at the O2, I thought it was a great night in 2009.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Why no London? Shitty Leeds instead?

Perhaps because Leeds is a better venue

Another homage to The Who (even though it's not the same venue)?

I just entered the lottery for Leeds. It's close enough in time to the British Open so I talked my husband into going with me (plus the Open is in Liverpool -- perfect for a Beatles pilgrimage). I know the other UK date is closer, but I'm too old for a no-seats venue.

I was in West Yorkshire about 20 years ago for a business trip, and I was just enchanted with the beauty of the area and the warmth of the people.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,377
    Okay -- I'm in. I guess that means 2014 will be the year I overcome my fear of flying. :oops:

It will be a great 20th anniversary gift for my husband -- for both of us -- except for the flying part. :)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    veredcnveredcn Tel Aviv Posts: 43
    Hi guys
    When does the public sale starts?
    And from your experience how long till sold out from the sale start?
    Thanks!
    Amsterdam 16.6.2014 Amsterdam 17.6.2014 Berlin 26.6.2014
  • Options
    Just the one date for me this time around - would have loved Milan but we already have a wedding to go to that day so have gone for Vienna. Don't fancy the thought of Milton Keynes (prefer sitting down indoors) and we could theoretically visit Leeds anytime we wanted so have decided to make a trip of it as Amsterdam was such a blast last year.
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    veredcn wrote:
    Hi guys
    When does the public sale starts?
    And from your experience how long till sold out from the sale start?
    Thanks!
    Public sales starts on December 20th, so next Friday around 9am local time(s). Check the ticket sales company of the desired country for more details (there's a list of links their websites in this thread). Shows tend to get sold out pretty quickly (Stockholm last year was sold out in 10 minutes, if I remember right). I'd say this tour tickets will be gone in 10-20 minutes as LB has been selling well, but it varies. I wouldn't waste time on purchasing tickets...
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...