• Options
    Why no London? Shitty Leeds instead?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    Why no London? Shitty Leeds instead?

Perhaps because Leeds is a better venue
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    If I put in for two shows in the lottery and only get one, how hard is it for public sales in Europe? Same as north america or no? I would hate to get selected for 10c tickets for one of the two shows and miss out on public sale. I'd have the worry about going all the way over there looking for tickets or eating the pair I was selected for. So I guess my second question is, is the 10c ticket demand in Europe as high as North America or if I put in for two shows, is it likely I'll get both?

I'd Think its on a par Scott. Maybe worse on the basis many USA shows didn't sell immediately in 2013.

The shows in arenas will be around a few minutes here. From past experience ... 5 minutes sell out usually and the ticket sites are a joke.

So I'd guess the same dude. Milton Keynes won't be an issue
  • Options
    so excited :D
    I will go to Werchter, since I work there, and the others wouldn't dare making me work during the Pearl Jam gig, but since I make the shifts, that won't be a problem :)

I went for tickets for Amsterdam via Ten Club. If I have seating tickets, I have to take my ten year old niece with me. She doesn't know anything about that plan. Waiting for the draw before we tell her. She will be excited when she can come with me. She wants to see them at Werchter, but she can only go 2 days, so she is having an intern battle because the line up is already so good.
    Wish me and my little rocking niece luck for those seating tickets.
  • Options
    Whats Milton Keynes like for a venue? Seen as they aren't playing Ireland it will either be this or Leeds for me. A bit worried about it being 65,000. Will there be a load of knobs there who are just there for a piss up and a day out?
    Thierry Henry you cheating prick
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    I'm so excited!!! What a goog feeling.

Hope for Amsterdam and Milan but go to werchter anyway....

This week seems to be so stressfull but I love that!!!

:-D

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    If I put in for two shows in the lottery and only get one, how hard is it for public sales in Europe? Same as north america or no? I would hate to get selected for 10c tickets for one of the two shows and miss out on public sale. I'd have the worry about going all the way over there looking for tickets or eating the pair I was selected for. So I guess my second question is, is the 10c ticket demand in Europe as high as North America or if I put in for two shows, is it likely I'll get both?

I'm going for Wuhleide and Milton Keynes and expect to get ticks for both. If I don't theough the drawing, I don't see a problem being able to get them in a publuc sale. Kings of Leon ticks went on sale for same venue in MK on Friday and they haven't sold out yet (and they are big here). Wuhleide will probably go faster than that, but it is my feeling that a lot of people in Europe, and especially the UK, aren't even aware that ticks are available so early, much less are they able to afford them right now, being that it's Christmas and they are EXPENSIVE!

Saying that, the Arctic Monkeys sold out 2 nights in Finabury Park in like an hour. But they are from the UK... and they just put out one of their best records... and it's Finsbury Park.
  • Options
    FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    Something which (I think) hasn't been mentioned yet is that the tour coincides once more with a big football/soccer tournament. The Americans and Canadians on this forum might know by now that it's the biggest sport outside of their continent....

Amsterdam on 16 June is four days after the World Cup 2014 kicks off. That night the local Dutch team does not play, but Germany and Portugal do. Neither does the Dutch team play the next day, as I expect a second show on 17 June.

But the next dates are more interesting. Pearl Jam play on 20 June in Milano; the Italian team against Costa Rica around 18:00 Italian time. There is no Italian match on 22 June when the band play in Triest, but it would be the case if an extra concert is scheduled on 24 June.

Austria didn't make the World Cup, but the Berlin show on 26 June has the biggest coincidence: the US play against Germany at 18:00! :D That would for sure trigger a remark from Eddie.

The next phase in the World Cup starts on 28 June when the band plays in Norway and Sweden (both countries didn't make the tournament). On 3 June (the Poland concert) there is no match scheduled. There are two matches scheduled during the Werchter festival on 5 July.

By then the English will already be out of the tournament :D so no worries about the Leeds and Milton Keynes dates.

We can be pretty sure that the band won't schedule an extra concert on the World Cup final day (13 July).
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

First time Europe gets the lottery, so hard to answer that. I think it's quite likely you'll get both (for the added lottery for Berlin 2 and Prague last year, I think everyone got tickets that put in), Europe has a lot more GA tickets than the US. And if you want seats, your chances are pretty good too, as less people want seats than GA here.

I don't think you'll have a problem getting tickets through the public sale. Just make sure you're on the website when they go on sale and you should be fine.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,028
    Getting tickets from general sales depends on the show. For the large stadiums and outdoor shows it should be fairly easy. Berlin has personalized tickets. You need to give names of everyone who is going to use those tickets... i.e. no scalpers or buying "just in case a friend likes to come". Stockholm has twice the capacity as the Globe Arena show last year (sold out in 10 mins)

Amsterdam and Leeds might be the hardest to get in general sales and clearly there is room in the schedule for additional shows in both cities.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Finally I'll go to Werchter Festival, besides PJ, Metallica, Black keys...
    Leeds 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014 / Barcelona 2018 / Lisboa 2018
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Hoping to be in Europe in June! Hellfest in France and PJ in Germany!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    A (stupid?) question... Buying presale's tickets by pair, how do you manage when you are alone to go to the shows?? :?
    London O2 18/08/2009
    Berlin 1 04/07/2012 Berlin 2 05/07/2012
    Milan 20/06/2014 Trieste 22/06/2014
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    mamacil wrote:
    A (stupid?) question... Buying presale's tickets by pair, how do you manage when you are alone to go to the shows?? :?

Same question here. Is one allowed to sale a spare ticket at face value?
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    There will be plenty of people looking for spare tickets on the forums. No problem to sell as long as it's at face value.
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Leeds Arena is looking fantastic tonight. Can't wait :D
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    Roeland wrote:
    There will be plenty of people looking for spare tickets on the forums. No problem to sell as long as it's at face value.
    No problem to sell a ticket with your name on it?
    London O2 18/08/2009
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    mamacil wrote:
    Roeland wrote:

No, it shouldn't be. You have to be present and show photo id to pick-up the tickets. Afterwards, you can give your spare ticket to someone else.
  • Options
    Been a while.....

Leeds arena is fantastic, top sound, very intimate...just praying i get a ticket for a gig in my hometoen :-)

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • Options
    Roeland wrote:
    mamacil wrote:
    Roeland wrote:

No, it shouldn't be. You have to be present and show photo id to pick-up the tickets. Afterwards, you can give your spare ticket to someone else.
    Ok I understand, I take the tickets the day of the show, then I can give to someone. The problem is to find someone who is ok to pay for a ticket he will have only before the show, I guess... Thanks for your answer. If someone has experienced that, tell me about! Cause with 2 shows * 2 tickets, it's a BIG money!! I'm hesitating..
    London O2 18/08/2009
  • Options
    domo2603 wrote:
    Whats Milton Keynes like for a venue? Seen as they aren't playing Ireland it will either be this or Leeds for me. A bit worried about it being 65,000. Will there be a load of knobs there who are just there for a piss up and a day out?

It's basically a big field, pretty crap really but fairly close to me.

Likely there will be some knobs but that is why I generally would avoid big outdoor events, I will make an exception for PJ.

I have gone in for 10c tickets for Leeds but will chance my arm with general sale for MK, can't see it seeking out in a day.
    London O2 2009 - Manchester MEN 2012 - Stockholm Globe 2012 - Leeds Arena 2014 - Milton Keynes Bowl 2014 - London Apollo 2017 (EV) - Prague O2 Arena 2018 - London O2 2018 - Dana Point CA, 2019 (EV) - London Hyde Park 2020 - Krakow Arena  2020?
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Thinking of going either to Amsterdam or Berlin (can't afford both unfortunately).
    Anyone experienced know what would be better option?
    I mean flight prices, getting to the venue from airport, hotel prices/nearness ?
    Thanks for any tips :)
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    Really hoping for Leeds tickets due to work commitments this is one of the only ones I can make.
  • Options
    Well after debating with my mate i have cancelled my drawing for Milton Keynes and now put in for Leeds instead. I don't really see to much of a benefit with the early entry band for M K as i cant see me standing pressed against a barrier 9-10 hours compared to a couple as in Manchester two years ago. As said i don't see it being a problem getting M K tickets on friday if the worst comes to the worst.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,986
    I entered for Leeds and MK about an hour ago and not received an email. Did everyone else get an instant email after entering?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    tino_11 wrote:
    I entered for Leeds and MK about an hour ago and not received an email. Did everyone else get an instant email after entering?
    Same here didn't get the email . Cancelled my MK entry that I done on friday witch I got a email after doing. But just checked my account and shows iam in for Leeds seating and standing so I am assuming it's ok
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,986
    steve73 wrote:
    tino_11 wrote:
    Same here didn't get the email . Cancelled my MK entry that I done on friday witch I got a email after doing. But just checked my account and shows iam in for Leeds seating and standing so I am assuming it's ok

Fingers crossed all is OK. Leeds is my main concern as I think it will be a hard one to get tickets for when it goes to general release.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    I entered for Vienna and Berlin. Already got Hoping to land at least other one. If not, then it's off to general sale then.

But in case I get lucky and land both, any suggestions for Vienna-Berlin travel? Air Berlin looks like an ideal option. One-way tickets starting from 41€ (though the cheapest one is early in the morning, I might opt for later departure).
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    mamacil wrote:
    I will try to have tickets for Milan and Trieste. I will travel with my car from East of France, with a stop on Venise, why not?!, on the 21st. If someone is interested to join the car...

May take you up on the offer! :wave:
    Putting in for Milan and Trieste.
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    edited December 2013
    Taking venue and date into consideration, does anyone have an opinion on which show will be the standout of the tour?

:geek:
    Post edited by FaezaM on
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***