Options

OPEN LETTER TO THE 10 CLUB & TIM BIERMAN TO CHANGE GA LINE

Comments

• Options
    I got 2nd row to the railing once at a ga show in barrie, but it was because there was a circle pit back then and I was able to work my way through the pit to get to the front, now there is no pits , I had phoenix ga there was no circle pit or nothing, to hard to get up front without a circle pit crowd surfing, and I don't feel like waiting in line 5 hours just to get the rail, that is pretty silly to me, plus don't you have to go the the bathroom at some point, like you like up at 3pm, show doesn't start till around 830pm, you not going to go to the bathroom for 8 and a half hours?
  • Options
    I prefer pits , to people jumping up and down, that's just silly, lets get some circle pits going again, spin the black circle is a great song for a circle pit :D
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    In conclusion, just bring back the seats so everyone can avoid all of this crap.

i like the cut of your jib

have the whole floor ga, and people act like the 90s, we can have a nice big circle pit for the fast songs, then people can move where they want on the floor, I never got why people jump up and down in 1 spot but don't like circle pits? isn't that what pop rock is when people jump up and down in 1 spot, I hate that it just looks silly but to each their own, circle pits are fun
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    circle pits are fun

Not to sure this will work for a Pearl Jam show. :shock:

tumblr_inline_mfr701nHyz1rvjz1h.gif
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    :lol: ooga chackra, ooga chackra
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    demetrios wrote:
    circle pits are fun

not but hit any Rancid show and its really tremendous fun
  • Options
    Too old for that.

But the notebook is BS.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I can't believe grown adults whine like this, if u want the rail get to the show early and wait all day like u should at every other concert.....if I showed up early and waited all day and someone showed up 30 min before gates open and said they were infront of me in line it wouldn't be good, I would fight til the death if I had to!! The list idea sucks imo!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    pdalowsky wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    circle pits are fun

not but hit any Rancid show and its really tremendous fun
    Ten years ago I would've been right in the middle, looks fun tho!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    There is a marker, I know ones who write numbers on their hand.
    A covered folder, all their places there are kept.
    Misunderstanding -- what a GA line was.
    Instead of standing. At the pre-party getting buzzed.
    What went wrong?

Waited hours in line. Tried to stand my ground.
    But the Listers came, pushed us all around.
    Made me frown.

With this trendy set, the line they are above.
    Arguing with me, and yet, for them I have no love.
    Ten club, what do you say?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    There is a marker, I know ones who write numbers on their hand.
    A covered folder, all their places there are kept.
    Misunderstanding -- what a GA line was.
    Instead of standing. At the pre-party getting buzzed.
    What went wrong?

Waited hours in line. Tried to stand my ground.
    But the Listers came, pushed us all around.
    Made me frown.

With this trendy set, the line they are above.
    Arguing with me, and yet, for them I have no love.
    Ten club, what do you say?

Allow me to continue: :lol:

Those misguided,...Think they're cutting the line in front of me
    And we collided, there was a fist and they fell behind thee
    Now you got one line walking over them because they're lame
    But security (like the notebook) is nowhere to be found, conveniently

Calling out,...Calling out.
    Calling out,...I'm calling you notebook hacks out.

:lol:

(Please Ed sing this tonight and put an end to this notebook nonsensicalness)

And for those of you that like DriftinByTheStorm & I's rendition, we are available for bar-mitzvahs, kwanza and birthday parties, try the veal!!!!!!!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    ^^^^^ Bravo to the two previous posters with the mosters!
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    So the list was alive in SD?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    aus_suz wrote:
    yep
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    aus_suz wrote:

Yes, and yet 10club / Pearl Jam Co. isn't doing anything about this. :|

Someone who went to Pearl Jam's Phoenix show was upset ..

"10 minutes before the show people just walking in front of you like they own the place, didn't have ANY friends or people saving them a spot - gone entire day then think they can get in front of you?"

Yeah, the list makes TOTAL sense. To the one here with the halo on his head posting away that this list is awesome should stop posting, period! You were late in the 10club & you believe this is right? :roll:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    Halo D?
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    In Worcester (my only GA show), I totally thought this was a sanctioned thing. I also didn't realize that some people were leaving their spots once they got a number. The lady keeping the notebook told me she was done after 100 because it was getting out of hand. So needless to say we just sat in our spot for 4 hours. Looking back this pisses me off, but what can you do.

The part that pissed me off to no end was that once they started letting GA people in, they opened up a separate line to pat down females. That meant that lots of them got in ahead of us guys who had been waiting there much longer. Sorry, but that's complete bullsh*t. A separate pat down is ok, but it needs to be fed from the same line.

I ended up 3rd row Mike's side. I can't complain, but still...
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    If I waited in line all day and these jokers showed up right before the doors opened with their number hands. I would tell them to F$$$ off and there would be a violence if they did not........who the hell do these people think they are? If you want the rail you have to man up and stay in line all day...just saying.....
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Lining up at 8am...waiting all day on concrete...worrying about my spot the whole time...watching the "system" break down...frantically running to secure my spot...not being able to leave for a piss once in my spot...

Guys, I understand getting on the rail is awesome but I'm not sure I could even enjoy it under those circumstances. I would be exhausted and angry and not at all in the right mood to enjoy the show this band was about to put on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    this sounds awful. glad i had seats. didn't stress, had some beers. has to be a better way.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    JimmyV wrote:
    Lining up at 8am...waiting all day on concrete...worrying about my spot the whole time...watching the "system" break down...frantically running to secure my spot...not being able to leave for a piss once in my spot...

Guys, I understand getting on the rail is awesome but I'm not sure I could even enjoy it under those circumstances. I would be exhausted and angry and not at all in the right mood to enjoy the show this band was about to put on.

Everyone was cool about letting those in line sneak out to take a piss or grab some food to bring back and eat in line.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out in Calgary. Something tells me the cold will work it all out.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    chicagoJam wrote:
    If I waited in line all day and these jokers showed up right before the doors opened with their number hands. I would tell them to F$$$ off and there would be a violence if they did not........who the hell do these people think they are? If you want the rail you have to man up and stay in line all day...just saying.....

I'm with you. If it isn't run by the 10C or the security at the arena they wouldn't cut in front of me without some bruises.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    So who are these people running the list?
    Call em out!
    Im sure they are board members, right?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Didn't this same thing happen on the European Tour in 2012? Lots of the same people were getting on the rail for every show as they were in the know. I remember a lot of people complaining but nothing was done about it.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I can tell you firsthand this will not fly in L.A. The venue is aware this has been going on and and will not allow any type of 'numbering' system for people to come and go as they please. If you choose to engage, be prepared for disappointment.

If you want to leave for a brief moment to use the restroom, grab some merch or refreshment, just get with the folks in line around you and I'm sure they'll be cool with it. Or, if you're with a group, make sure some other folks in your party remain in line and take turns. THAT is how GA is run.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

I'm sad to say, but this is exactly what happened to me in Phoenix. It sucked. I miss when people were excited to hear the music, and weren't completely consumed with trying to get a freaking tambourine.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Call em out!

:P
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Call em out!

this.

:corn:
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I showed up shortly after 6am for the Phoenix show and was the 6th person there, therefore when list was started later in the morning was 6th on the list. Left couple times to take a piss in bathroom that was 10 'feet away. Left for about 10 min to take merch to my hotel room at Renaissance right next door (other peeps took to their cars). Left for 20 min to get bite to eat. Other persons near me held my spot. Rest of time was there hanging in the so called line all day. Really wasn't a formal single filed line until after we got will call tickets and arena manager asked us to line up at gate 5. Everything was fine. Some people came by in the late afternoon claiming to not know about the list sign up. You see the same people standing around all day, just ask someone. Same thing like in Missoula, when people storm in at 3-4 pm acting like they fucking own the place complaining about list made by ten club members who have been there all morning. No one at least in the first 20 on list left for extended periods of time. How do you know who left and who stayed when you walk in at 3 pm???
    Yes, the problem with the list is that people are not held accountable when they leave the lineup area for extended periods. The problem in Phoenix was that initially we were told that anyone could enter any gates for GA, which would have led to pushing, shoving, and stampede to get to the rail. Then they told us that all GA people would enter thru gate 5. Security led the line to the floor thru gate 5. But low and behold there were still some people who snuck thru the other gates at 6pm and ended up 3 rows back from the rail in front of others who had been in the GA lineup. That's the bullshit that happens when you have people that don't give a shit about any of it, and do whatever the fuck they want. It's not going to be resolved until Tenclub takes some kind of formal action like the process Bruce Springsteen apparently uses. So, ten club just make a formal process and tell the whiners to deal with it. Of course that's just gonna lead to more whining like what's been done about the lottery. :fp:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville