Options

OPEN LETTER TO THE 10 CLUB & TIM BIERMAN TO CHANGE GA LINE

Comments

• Options
    I actually saw the Bkn2 list as I entered the door, and i took it. As a joke at the time, but I have names.

LOL

All of a sudden I feel very powerful.

FWIW- I was number 23 on that list: bought a camp chair and a blanket at Target across the street, got in line at 8:30 am, and sat there until they let us in. Had a great time meeting people, taking random pictures of passers by, and napping. It was very relaxing for me, actually. Left for one bathroom break, one coffee break, and to pick up my tickets. Yes, people cut in front of me. More importantly, it was a kick ass show. I wasn't going to let those lame people bring me down for more than a minute. Whatever.

Anyway, yeah, I had a number on my hand. I put my name on the list. I stayed in line. Other people didn't. Next time I'll try to be earlier. And there will be a next time!
  • Options
    To funny that's Appies note pad you got...we started the list. I think I was number one two....put a picture of the list on here.... :corn:
    I actually saw the Bkn2 list as I entered the door, and i took it. As a joke at the time, but I have names.

LOL

All of a sudden I feel very powerful.

FWIW- I was number 23 on that list: bought a camp chair and a blanket at Target across the street, got in line at 8:30 am, and sat there until they let us in. Had a great time meeting people, taking random pictures of passers by, and napping. It was very relaxing for me, actually. Left for one bathroom break, one coffee break, and to pick up my tickets. Yes, people cut in front of me. More importantly, it was a kick ass show. I wasn't going to let those lame people bring me down for more than a minute. Whatever.

Anyway, yeah, I had a number on my hand. I put my name on the list. I stayed in line. Other people didn't. Next time I'll try to be earlier. And there will be a next time!
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    To funny that's Appies note pad you got...we started the list. I think I was number one two....put a picture of the list on here.... :corn:

I only took the first few pages that had names, not the whole thing, in case you came back for it :)

I said something along the lines of, "It's as good as a setlist!"

I don't feel right about publicizing that stuff without expressed consent. You never know who took a sick day from work or lied that they had a family emergency or something LOL (me).

But there is one person, just one, that I am looking out for. She probably knows who she is. It was exactly as everyone says- strolled up at 6 pm rested, cute and clean and all made up. Took her place a couple in front of me. Landed dead center rail. :fp:
  • Options
    I can tell you firsthand this will not fly in L.A. The venue is aware this has been going on and and will not allow any type of 'numbering' system for people to come and go as they please. If you choose to engage, be prepared for disappointment.

If you want to leave for a brief moment to use the restroom, grab some merch or refreshment, just get with the folks in line around you and I'm sure they'll be cool with it. Or, if you're with a group, make sure some other folks in your party remain in line and take turns. THAT is how GA is run.

True.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    The first few people that got to ga line, got there at 4 in the morning, including me. We all took turns go back to hotel to freshening up just before we were allowed to enter the venue. Trust me the group that was first in line only left the line to fetch food, coffee, and to go to the toilet. No one just strolled up a took a spot in the ga line that wasn't there all morning...especially the first group of us.

I only took the first few pages that had names, not the whole thing, in case you came back for it :)

I don't feel right about publicizing that stuff without expressed consent. You never know who took a sick day from work or lied that they had a family emergency or something LOL (me).

But there is one person, just one, that I am looking out for. She probably knows who she is. It was exactly as everyone says- strolled up at 6 pm rested, cute and clean and all made up. Took her place a couple in front of me. Landed dead center rail. :fp:
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    The first few people that got to ga line, got there at 4 in the morning, including me. We all took turns go back to hotel to freshening up just before we were allowed to enter the venue. Trust me the group that was first in line only left the line to fetch food, coffee, and to go to the toilet. No one just strolled up a took a spot in the ga line that wasn't there all morning...especially the first group of us.

I was there also at the same time as Pumkinhead and it was our goal from the first second to be there till entrance and we only took some moments for taking care of food ect.to get out of line..Had the best times ever meeting others members and it wasn't our earliest Ga line :) Straight from Philly 1 to entrance and spend the night there was insane :corn: :corn: :corn:
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    GA in one fucking week!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mfc2006 wrote:

Nice!!! So happy for you man. You will have a blast!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    I can tell you firsthand this will not fly in L.A. The venue is aware this has been going on and and will not allow any type of 'numbering' system for people to come and go as they please. If you choose to engage, be prepared for disappointment.

If you want to leave for a brief moment to use the restroom, grab some merch or refreshment, just get with the folks in line around you and I'm sure they'll be cool with it. Or, if you're with a group, make sure some other folks in your party remain in line and take turns. THAT is how GA is run.

Exactly! What country or planet are these folks from where you can leave your place in line and come back hours after thinking just because you have a marker on your hand and name on this list that you can come back just minutes before the doors open and go back in line up front? Try to create a list & mark folks hands waiting during Black Friday shopping here in the USA/CDN @ 5am and you will loose your arm if you try a stunt like that.

There's no VIP line or celebrity multi pass where you can go ahead above everyone else, to a rock show via GA. The GA is for all. Everyone is & should be treated equally. But it looks like the venues & the management agreeing to this LIST are letting this go.

They are weak & pathetic venues, security guards & management. They are running a poor business. I do hope starting from Pearl Jam's LA to Seattle show's that they know about this garbage happening and that it must stop. If you want to wait in GA, you wait like everyone else in line. You leave your line, for more then 10 minutes, you should be exited back to the end of the line.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Exactly! What country or planet are these folks from where you can leave your place in line and come back hours after thinking just because you have a marker on your hand and name on this list that you can come back just minutes before the doors open and go back in line up front? Try to create a list & mark folks hands waiting during Black Friday shopping here in the USA/CDN @ 5am and you will loose your arm if you try a stunt like that.

There's no VIP line or celebrity multi pass where you can go ahead above everyone else, to a rock show via GA. The GA is for all. Everyone is & should be treated equally. But it looks like the venues & the management agreeing to this LIST are letting this go.

They are weak & pathetic venues, security guards & management. They are running a poor business. I do hope starting from Pearl Jam's LA to Seattle show's that they know about this garbage happening and that it must stop. If you want to wait in GA, you wait like everyone else in line. You leave your line, for more then 10 minutes, you should be exited back to the end of the line.

Bravo, D.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    There was none of this list bullshit in 2006 for GA. Seems for the most part everyone is on the same page for GA now. Nobody with a sharpie number on their hand will be cutting in front of me, or my Kung fu yielding friend!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    It sounds like all this kerfuffle is about maybe 5 assholes per line at most (I'm not even sure I'm convinced this shit is happening 99% of the time... mostly seems like there are some misunderstandings going on). Worth worrying about? I don't think so.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827

She would fit this description, but she's a woman. D'oh!

WFjnGhS.jpg?1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Epic!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So who are these people running the list?
    Call em out!
    Im sure they are board members, right?

Fuck those people! And yes, call them out. The list is complete bullshit. Wait till the first punch is thrown and then we'll see how the list disappears. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Call em out!

Fuck those people! And yes, call them out. The list is complete bullshit. Wait till the first punch is thrown and then we'll see how the list disappears. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

I fear this too. People obviously love this group more than life itself at times. People are passionate about their vacation PJ concert experiences. I agree with others that it is perhaps only a matter of time before something bad (dare we say tragic?) happens due to the list encouraging people to get out of waiting and returning with self-proclaimed entitlement to have their spot back (which is definitely unfair to those that truly wait).
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Call em out!

I fear this too. People obviously love this group more than life itself at times. People are passionate about their vacation PJ concert experiences. I agree with others that it is perhaps only a matter of time before something bad (dare we say tragic?) happens due to the list encouraging people to get out of waiting and returning with self-proclaimed entitlement to have their spot back (which is definitely unfair to those that truly wait).
    I think it's ludicrous and, frankly, disingenuous and perhap manipulative to suggest that this could become dangerous or tragic. Come on. If a punch EVER gets thrown, security, who are always there at the line, would jump on whoever threw the punch, ban them from the venue, and the incident would be over.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Fuck those people! And yes, call them out. The list is complete bullshit. Wait till the first punch is thrown and then we'll see how the list disappears. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.[/quote]

I fear this too. People obviously love this group more than life itself at times. People are passionate about their vacation PJ concert experiences. I agree with others that it is perhaps only a matter of time before something bad (dare we say tragic?) happens due to the list encouraging people to get out of waiting and returning with self-proclaimed entitlement to have their spot back (which is definitely unfair to those that truly wait).[/quote]
    I think it's ludicrous and, frankly, disingenuous and perhap manipulative to suggest that this could become dangerous or tragic. Come on. If a punch EVER gets thrown, security, who are always there at the line, would jump on whoever threw the punch, ban them from the venue, and the incident would be over.[/quote]

Yes. Let's hope tempers don't flare.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    PP193448 wrote:
    Of course that's just gonna lead to more whining like what's been done about the lottery.

We only have a lottery because of whining about F5.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    MG79478 wrote:
    PP193448 wrote:
    Of course that's just gonna lead to more whining like what's been done about the lottery.

We only have a lottery because of whining about F5.

you need a username.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    Perhaps Seattle will be the last time the stupid list and its line abusers screw people over...Drop the List, Drop the List...Get that fuckin sharpie off my hand and outta my face.
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 276
    In Portland and Spokane, we just rocked up whenever and decided where to stand once we got in around 6.30pm and both nights we had a really good spot. Don't piss people off by having a list of numbers and realise that if you want the prime spot then be prepared to stand in line all day.
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I think it's ludicrous and, frankly, disingenuous and perhap manipulative to suggest that this could become dangerous or tragic. Come on. If a punch EVER gets thrown, security, who are always there at the line, would jump on whoever threw the punch, ban them from the venue, and the incident would be over.

exactly right

jesus, 'tragic'....is this for real?
  • Options
    This thread (and ones like it) are the only reason I'm glad this tour is coming to an end. Good lord. Give it a rest folks. There are jerks all over life. Just be good to your neighbor, and you'll get all that you need. Rail/no rail/list/numbers, you'd think you guys were waiting on Lenin era toilet paper lines.

My post script to Tim - which I am 100% confident he will comply with b/c that was the plan all along - stay out of adults whining and acting badly.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I have a great idea: No number system. If you get there early and wait all day, you're in. If you don't want to wait all day, you can get in line, at the end of the line, when you arrive. A pair of people could tag-team. There are 2 tickets per person. One can stay and one can leave. No paying a homeless person, or other person who isn't attending and not your "other ticket" to stay in line for you. The 10c member and/or his/her guest must be in the line. If both leave the line, they lose their spot.

You can laugh at people waiting 3 days for an iPhone. But if it is "THAT" important to them, well- they will stay in that line and they WLL be first. I think GA really has to be more like that. If you have a number system then there should be 1st come-1st serve wristbands with numbers. The problem will be when the doors open and you have to try to get all the people in numerical order. That will be no-bueno. The people who wait it out and make the sacrifice should be rewarded by being in the front of the line. Stopping in and writing a number, seeing the sights and museums, and coming back saying they have a reserved spot is completely bogus. To me, you made a choice that your spot at the concert wasn't important enough and you wanted to see sights and that sightseeing or whatever weighed in on your seat location. It's about what is more important. Can't have it both ways.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I have a great idea: No number system. If you get there early and wait all day, you're in.

There is no official number system. That's the whole point of this issue.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    I have a great idea: No number system. If you get there early and wait all day, you're in.

There is no official number system. That's the whole point of this issue.

I meant official or unofficial. Somebody needs to manage the process and if they can't, then they shouldn't try. So if there isn't an official number system, there shouldn't be an unofficial one. If nobody is respecting 1st come/1st serve and 10c or the venue isn't managing it, and either one is incapable or unwilling to do so, they should just go back to what they were able to manage. i.e., assigned seats. Altercations with possible injury isn't out of the question with the way things are now. It hasn't happened. If it did, there are enough ambulance chasers around who would try to go after 10c and/or the venue for inadequate management of the process. You can't rule out this outcome. You might not like it and in other countries, you might not understand it. There is a woman out there $4,000,000 USD richer because she spilled coffee on herself at a McDonald's drive-through. This is America. Be careful. If I were 10c, and this is an open letter to 10c thread, I would look at these comments and complaints and see how to best manage the process in the future. What I like about 10c is that they have seen many threads like this and have made positive adjustments. I think 10c is great for listening and making constructive changes.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    It still seems silly we need someone official to supervise the lineup process. It seems like a waste of resources to ensure 50ish people get rail....

I do wonder if GA will be used again. Since GA isnt done by senority it can be ripe for abuse. Scalpers (or fans) signing up everyone they know to try and win the lotto. This tour kind of had the benefit of being a new thing (wrigley seemed to be a one off until the tour got announced).
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Zod wrote:
    It still seems silly we need someone official to supervise the lineup process. It seems like a waste of resources to ensure 50ish people get rail....

I do wonder if GA will be used again. Since GA isnt done by senority it can be ripe for abuse. Scalpers (or fans) signing up everyone they know to try and win the lotto. This tour kind of had the benefit of being a new thing (wrigley seemed to be a one off until the tour got announced).

If anything I would kind of say the opposite: someone official just needs to make sure other people (with no direct ties to the band) don't take it upon themselves to try and be the Line Police. GA lines for every other show I have been to police themselves: first come first in. That's the only way to be, unless you do something like the Springsteen method mentioned earlier.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Totally. Everyone should just tell those 50 people to go fuck themselves. Problem solved.

I don't see how GA increases member ticket abuse at all.
    Most bands seem to be going back to GA now when they can - people are getting bored of standing in a row.