Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    In hindsight, I should have purchased this. I probably could have turned it into a No Code, Binaural, Riot Act, and/or Pearl Jam LP. Ah well... Limited is just that. It's not meant for everyone to get. I snoozed, I loozed. Really that simple.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    RiotZact wrote:
    I bought one from 10c during the sale. Question however: was I the only one who felt stupid, silly, and guilty that I had just spent $63 on 6 7" vinyls of a so-so record that they already had copies of?!?

It wasn't until it sold out quick that I thought maybe I made a good move... Something about this whole situation makes me feel that this item is a real piece of shit. I don't know why but my feeling for some reason is that they only produced a few of them because they didn't think anyone would want it! Something tells me that this isnt the Benny Hall vinyl people are acting like it is. Get yerselves together- it's lightning bolt, people, remember? Lightning Bolt!

So chill out everyone who's crazy angry about it, definitely don't be sending your $ through random websites all around the globe for this thing, you're crazed and not thinking straight. It's lightning bolt.

Who knows, I guess I'll see once I get it, but again, my first reaction was to not tell my girlfriend what I had just purchased because I already have the damn LP! And yes , to everyone who will say something angry back to my post, I do play my records, and no, you won't see my copy on eBay.

You're under the assumption that everyone feels the same about LB as you do, I happen to think its much more than "so so" and also I just became a fan in 08 and I didn't really like backspacer so this was the first release I was a part of they I really enjoyed, so it means a lot to me.

I get what you're saying though, I would have been a little more hesitant if I already had the LP but I don't, didn't have any money during the pre order and now I've been afraid to buy it cus of all the problems.

Fair enough, I get what you're saying. If I can offer you any advice though, from someone who has been crazy about their merch since the early 90's, this is one band that produces a TON of collectors items. I used to trade their shows on maxell XL-II's through the mail before they just started releasing all the bootlegs themselves... Sort of filled the need for me I suppose. If you didn't get this one, there'll be many, many more items for you to get your hands on. Glad to hear you're a new fan then- you have a great quantity of awesome stuff out there for ya.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Predaking wrote:
    In hindsight, I should have purchased this. I probably could have turned it into a No Code, Binaural, Riot Act, and/or Pearl Jam LP. Ah well... Limited is just that. It's not meant for everyone to get. I snoozed, I loozed. Really that simple.

That is my plan exactly! :D
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    mookie71 wrote:
    yes i agree. i need my copy. please make more!thank you

Have u signed the petition?
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    After missing the 10c sale i bit the bullet and purchased one from Japan (Thanks Demetrios). Hope they fulfil the shipment.
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    trabera wrote:
    No of course you'll never satisfy everyone but at least their way of selling very limited items (several hundred) seems to level the playing field better than most other techniques.
    How? So the people that get the tweets/texts are one step ahead of the game. If you're out of cell service/away from a computer etc. you still can't buy them so I don't see how it helps.

In the end there's limited numbers so not everyone will get one, (some of) the ones that don't will complain. That's life. The only solution is not to offer limited items and I don't think that's a very good option. Sometimes even this (or made to order) won't work, because as soon as the item is no longer available (everything goes out of print eventually) then someone will complain.

I think the pre order for the Vault 3 vinyl worked really well.
    I reckon its the way to go..
    If something is going to be "so limited" let fans know its coming not just in email
    that may not be read as soon as u receive it..

Did u get one Bazzer?
  • Options
    Taka-TTaka-T Posts: 59
    chinobaeza wrote:
    scurtis wrote:
    Taka-T wrote:
    Don't worry. They will not deliver :D
    Amazon.co.jp often takes orders for items they can not deliver. It happened to me before. I ordered a very limited vinyl a month before the release date but it never shipped to me. Let's see how many of us can get it.

Did you get your money refunded?

I ordered one, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I believe Amazon doesn't charge your cc until they actually ship your order, unlike 10c.. :lol:
    Yeah, you are right. My credit card wasn't charged.
    Osaka 1995
    Osaka 2003
    Lisbon 1&2 2006
    MSG 1&2 2008
    Milton Keynes 2014
    Wrigley 1&2 2016
    10c No. 364XXX
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    aus_suz wrote:
    If something is going to be "so limited" let fans know its coming not just in email

Did u get one Bazzer?
    I agree re Vault 3, but there will still be people bummed out that they missed out.

I like super limited things, and I guess it's obvious from my rational posts ;) that I did get one. I would be pretty gutted if I missed out, but I didn't get the Shadow record and I'm OK with that (now).
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

Did u get one Bazzer?
    I agree re Vault 3, but there will still be people bummed out that they missed out.

I like super limited things, and I guess it's obvious from my rational posts ;) that I did get one. I would be pretty gutted if I missed out, but I didn't get the Shadow record and I'm OK with that (now).

Really... didn't think too many would've missed out..
    Stoked I got the Vault vinyl happy with that..
    I guess u got your email 2 hrs ahead of us..lucky
    I'd been in hospital for 4 days so checking emails at the time wasn't really going to happen anyway.. :)
    I didn't really know anything about the Shadow record so missed that, thats ok tho.. whats that they
    keep sayin' here "u win some u lose some" hahaha
    Are u heading over for any of the BDO's
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,818
    Must of been during the night but Amazon Japan stopped taking pre orders.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Sevens-Analog-P ... =pearl+jam
  • Options
    Predaking wrote:

That is my plan exactly! :D

Help a brutha out?
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    My new theory is that these are going to be sold at the pop-up shop on 7th Dec. This would coincide with the 3rd as the official release date and the shipping mid december. the online presale could be them making it available to people that can't be there to avoid 40 pages of forum backlash. i think they might have a hard time selling black LB lps and it would be a bit rubbish having a pop-up shop without the new record for sale in some form.

You can bet there will be quite a few Vault 3s and a couple of Bennys too.
  • Options
    FR181798 wrote:
    My new theory is that these are going to be sold at the pop-up shop on 7th Dec. This would coincide with the 3rd as the official release date and the shipping mid december. the online presale could be them making it available to people that can't be there to avoid 40 pages of forum backlash. i think they might have a hard time selling black LB lps and it would be a bit rubbish having a pop-up shop without the new record for sale in some form.

You can bet there will be quite a few Vault 3s and a couple of Bennys too.

Nice theory. I hope you're right. I'd love a Benny and S/T. The Yield hat too. I'd like that, the one with the full brim.
  • Options
    what's this pop-up shop thing about?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029

Read the newsletter :D
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    You can be forgiven for missing the pop up shop announcement. It came after the sevens bit. i rushed to the shop immediately and good job i didnt stop and read the whole email as two minutes later sevens was sold out.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    YeahI had buyer's remorse too. Saving for a wedding, so it was an impulse buy. Kinda glad ibought it though after the fact, but the vinyl freak in me could not resist

If I ever get married, I will make a list of all the shit I want and it's most likely that it will contain all PJ items I don't have... Benny and RVM vinyl first and second items in the list for sure...

I haven't scored one, probably I never will...

I don't get buyers remorse when it comes to a PJ limited item, specially if its vinyl, for instance, I got both EU and 10C Backspacer CD, and both black and white vinyl, considering what Backspacer mean in general... the whole point of a expensive limited edition of a set of 7" singles of song you already have in vinyl and CD is just that in iself...

I forsee a Lightning Bolt red vinyl and white vinyl sale and this frenzy and craziness all over again...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    YeahI had buyer's remorse too. Saving for a wedding, so it was an impulse buy. Kinda glad ibought it though after the fact, but the vinyl freak in me could not resist

If I ever get married, I will make a list of all the shit I want and it's most likely that it will contain all PJ items I don't have... Benny and RVM vinyl first and second items in the list for sure...

Stay single, buy Pearl Jam merch! Much happier! ;)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
    Not sure if this was posted but...

Amazon Germany has this available...

http://www.amazon.de/Sevens-Vinyl-Maxi- ... B00GJT2EZU

Oh Yah!
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    too funny ... members only?

just mass produce this bitch and get this bs over with.

done.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    CarneviL wrote:
    Not sure if this was posted but...

Amazon Germany has this available...

http://www.amazon.de/Sevens-Vinyl-Maxi- ... B00GJT2EZU

Oh Yah!

Cool! Though $103 US for the item. :shock:
  • Options
    CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great Place Posts: 165
    So funny how we speculate the reasoning behind 10c...
    What's the mystery?

Could Amazon be working in the same warehouse as 10c?
    Could Synergy be the one behind this all?

Tune in next week...
    Same 10 club
    Same 10 channel

Oh Yah!
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • Options
    I love all the intrigue!! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I love how 10C could easily post a simple message that would take them 15 seconds and let the folks know just how "limited" this is. Will other stores get some copies or only what 10C sold earlier? Communication scores the usual 2/10.
  • Options
    So Amazon.de seems a lot more expensive, even Amazon.co.jp was a lot cheaper. The mystery continues.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    mr_canada wrote:

I love how 10C could easily post a simple message that would take them 15 seconds and let the folks know just how "limited" this is. Will other stores get some copies or only what 10C sold earlier? Communication scores the usual 2/10.
    That is what I hate the most about the 10c...they know we are all wondering about how limited it is and if it's going to be available anywhere else. They could make a small effort and answer those harmless questions!
    I love the band, but its fan club needs a restructure...or at least change some employees..
  • Options
    WEaYrmW.jpg?1

Just wondering. Seeing that the Amazon stores across the world are still taking pre orders & the 10club link hasn't been taken down yet.
  • Options
    I order this very early on, then the next day got an email saying i 'may not have got it, and if not 10c will refund my money'... WTF? I LOVE pearl Jam, but 10c really annoy me sometimes.

It was bad enough i pre ordered lightening bolt in july and didnt get it until 3 weeks after it's release.

grrrrr!!!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ideefixe wrote:
    I order this very early on, then the next day got an email saying i 'may not have got it, and if not 10c will refund my money'... WTF? I LOVE pearl Jam, but 10c really annoy me sometimes.

It was bad enough i pre ordered lightening bolt in july and didnt get it until 3 weeks after it's release.

grrrrr!!!
    1st post, welcome to 10 club!
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    ideefixe wrote:

grrrrr!!!
    After 5 years you woke up to this thread? Welcome.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life