LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Man, 34 pages of emotion! Let's take a second for a quick laugh. Time for a joke:

Today I was arrested for scalping low numbers at the deli. I sold a #3 for 28 bucks.
    :lol:

OK, carry on with the angst.
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
    2024: Portland, OR
  • mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days

the blu ray was avail for 3 or 4 weeks

Fact

Yes and everyone was bitching as much as now when those eventually sold out.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    Well, yeah. If you're really interested in getting any really limited merch you are.supposed to do just that... But it's not hard. The newsletter.is released same day and same TIME every month, isn't it?? All you need is a smartphone.

You don't need a smartphone actually, you need to be smart enough to remember to check the site on every tenth day of the month, this has been going on for months; and as you said to other 10Cer, if you want at least the chance to decide to buy or not to buy, you have to check this site regularly (in order not to say on a daily basis).

RD101189 wrote:
    How come they can't take it down from the store but can update that it's sold out? :fp:

to shove it off over our faces, us who couldn't get it! :mrgreen::lol: :P

TC282314 wrote:
    What don't people understand about Limited Edition? Petitions to have more released? If you do that it becomes false advertisment to the initial release.

Look, I was lucky to get one. I wasn't able to grab the vaults for whatever reason. I didn't stomp my feet and complain that life isn't fair. Happy for those who received and kept my fingers crossed I'd be able to grab the next limited edition peace that I was interested in. I think its a cool piece and part of the draw is that not EVERYONE has one. I can appreciate it a bit more like you all who have the Benny etc.

Everyone is going to be ok. I promise!

Hope all is well...

I agree: LE means something, and having something unique that not everybody has is cool. However, since they didn't disclose the number of copies, that gives the 10C or anybody to make more copies of this item, for whatever reason, not only to make more fans happy, and still that will be a limited edition item, since copies ain't numbered and don't even have the phrase LE on it. Time will tell...

SVRDhand13 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    Here is my question... to those of you saying all of these went to flippers... why are there 0 on ebay and only 1 sold so far? Jeez!!!!! :fp:

They will be flipped on this site.

The day they are recieved....Lost Dogs will start getting sale and trade listings.

True story

Evensteven wrote:
    I don't consider trading the same as "flipping" on ebay for $500

Yeah, that's right, and I don't consider it flipping when I do it... :D

MayDay10 wrote:
    its either:

1. Drop it randomly and people lucky/pathetic enough to be on point (like me) score.

2. Set an on-sale time and everyone plays the F5 game

3. All-out lottery

pick your poison

They could also do it like they did for vault 3 and have a decent buying window and have it made to order.
    Not sure why it wasn't done that way this time, but it should have to appease as many people as possible.

To me this resembles to a promotional item, that's why I think 10C didn't make a presale like the one for vault 3. A fellow 10C raised the issue that 7" don't sell, not sure if that's correct, fixer single lasted almost forever, but it could possibly be it, or the fact the full album is available, many 10Cers said they don't want the same songs in another format... who knows the reasons?

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days

the blu ray was avail for 3 or 4 weeks

Fact

possibly, but if the BR lasted for 4 weeks = a month, why there were so much bitching about selling out so quickly? not being able to get one? being limited? why wasn't there an email (which there was)? if it lasted that long for everybody to get one, why a PETITION thread was started?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• ^^^ Because a month wasn't that long when it was an overpriced-to-begin-with box set of the THE movie of the band. People thought it'd be for sale forever... or at least through Christmas and into next year! I was almost gonna ask for it for Christmas and then got one of the very last DVD copies the day it sold out.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • There is another one on fleebay now asking $1299.99

:evil: :nono:
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Was wondering what to do with my original Lightning Bolt album

:idea:

I'll trade my First Press - Lightning Bolt for a Sevens set.

I repeat FIRST press
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • sonnasonna Posts: 377
    There is another one on fleebay now asking $1299.99

I've just made a best offer of .99c for it. Never know he might accept! The greedy ****.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Was wondering what to do with my original Lightning Bolt album

:idea:

I'll trade my First Press - Lightning Bolt for a Sevens set.

I repeat FIRST press

I'll only take you up on this if you can guarantee that it is one of the first press LPs that skips. Need to keep things authentic here.
  • There is another one on fleebay now asking $1299.99

It says 176 people per hour are viewing this item.

Holy smokes.

People real thirsty for this and acting real salty for not getting it...
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    for $1299 it better be the original edition of the soundtrack, and a box with a head in it!
  • ^^^ Because a month wasn't that long when it was an overpriced-to-begin-with box set of the THE movie of the band. People thought it'd be for sale forever... or at least through Christmas and into next year! I was almost gonna ask for it for Christmas and then got one of the very last DVD copies the day it sold out.

Yeah, what you say is right, I also remember people saying they were on a tight budget, or living on student loans, the band was touring canada and fans saved money for that too. I know I didn't sell out overnight, since I bought mine on the fourth day, my questions were to imply that it was sold very fast, I never said you were wrong, I don't think that they lasted 4 weeks or a full month, but I don't know, it could have been around 20 days more or less, and the DVD a bit longer...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,745
    ............................. he's an angry elf
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Funny how one of PJ's influences was Fugazi...

Merchandise Lyrics:
    When we have nothing left to give
    There will be no reason for us to live
    But when we have nothing left to lose
    You will have nothing left to use
    We owe you nothing you have no control
    Merchandise keeps us in line
    Common sense says it's by design
    What could a businessman ever want more
    Than to have us sucking in his store
    We owe you nothing
    You have no control
    You are not what you own
  • pro wrote:
    The biggest joke of all is... most of the 10c members haven't received the LB vinyl and almost a month later they decided released this sevens boxset shit...

Just for some perspective: As you typed the rest of this, someone's town, family, and access to food and water was just obliterated by a typhoon.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    pro wrote:
    The biggest joke of all is... most of the 10c members haven't received the LB vinyl and almost a month later they decided released this sevens boxset shit...

Just for some perspective: As you typed the rest of this, someone's town, family, and access to food and water was just obliterated by a typhoon.
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 385
    Funny how one of PJ's influences was Fugazi...

Merchandise Lyrics:
    When we have nothing left to give
    There will be no reason for us to live
    But when we have nothing left to lose
    You will have nothing left to use
    We owe you nothing you have no control
    Merchandise keeps us in line
    Common sense says it's by design
    What could a businessman ever want more
    Than to have us sucking in his store
    We owe you nothing
    You have no control
    You are not what you own

"You are not what you own." I like that! Just gave Fugazi my first listen. Interesting.
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    This thread is hilarious
    My butt itches!
  • CButt2CButt2 Posts: 157
    DURP wrote:
    This thread is hilarious
    I know I've been watching it since the beginning. Pure entertainment. Can't wait till they start releasing posters for this tour. :twisted:
  • ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    I was lucky to score a sevens box set have no interest in flipping only interested in spinning!! ;)
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • greedygreedy Posts: 140
    ThePedro wrote:
    I was lucky to score a sevens box set have no interest in flipping only interested in spinning!! ;)

You gotta do a lot of flipping to spin these things.
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • propro Posts: 134
    Now that's what I call a..... music fan :D
    ThePedro wrote:
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    pro wrote:

Absolutely! :clap::clap: Just had the the time to read through the thread (along with some other threads on the same subject). A box, with vinyl records in it, is what people are all riled up about? :roll:
  • mrk2 wrote:
    The email from 10 club has been arriving like clockwork on the 10th of each month.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223919&start=15

For 9 months now emails have been on the 10th, even on the weekends and they have been an indicator of new or exclusive merch on sale NOW. Remember the Wrigley posters, announced on the 10th and sold simultaneously. For those who missed and feel shafted, it was all right there in front of you. I'll bet more people check this place and their emails on December 10th!

^ THIS

Right now in order to avoid future bitching, I recommend :

1. Take your cell phone, computer, old school calendar, or whatever.
    2. Make a recurring calendar event that alerts you on the 10th of each month.
    3. Once the day comes, stay alert and check your emails often
    4. Score

It's not freaking rocket science, this time everyone had about 2-3 hours to get their orders in. That's plenty of time.

Yeah, thats all good and fine as long as you don't have to be driving in a no service area when the damn thing goes on sale... Or any myriad of responsibilities that can, god forbid, force attention away from Pearl Jam for more than 3 hours. So if you really want to play the game for this type of shit at non-insane after market prices you have to clear every 10th of the month, just in case? I call bullshit. It's hard enough being a collector and trying to acquire older vinyl pieces... Hard love.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • PJ88 wrote:
    pro wrote:

Absolutely! :clap::clap: Just had the the time to read through the thread (along with some other threads on the same subject). A box, with vinyl records in it, is what people are all riled up about? :roll:

It's a game.

Not everything that people get passionate about needs to stack up to real world problems for validation.
    It's called life and there are many shades.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    i gotta say this. anybody crying about not be allowed to spend $60 for a stack of plastic and cardboard is truly a little baby.
    and if that mockingbird don't sing, daddy's gonna drink another beer.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    greedy wrote:
    ThePedro wrote:

You gotta do a lot of flipping to spin these things.

Buy a jukebox ;)
  • Some predictions here...

There are maybe 500 of these things, maybe. They sold out quicker than the "rare" Shadow 10" and that was sold in 2 different places.

No way they are making anymore no matter what petitions are started. There's 37 pages to re-issue the Bennyroya, countless other pages for re-issuing the other albums, baseball cards, etc.

These will be colored.

Next month's contest these will be the give away.

Complete speculation on my part, but it's fun to discuss...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    would expect to see a handful available at the pop up shop
  • jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    I'll trade someone mine for a Z-Job behind Key Arena.
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    I'm sure half the people complaining they missed out we're gloating in other threads that they scored a Wrigley poster, or a backpack, or some other sought after item. You win some and you lose some. This is not the end of the world.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore