Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Nevermind
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    DURP wrote:
    I feel like this band is going the way of the Rolling Stones. Putting their name on anything to get money from fans.

I mean really re releasing a album that just came out. How about re releasing No Code, Yield, Riot Act or Pearl Jam. But I guess a cool insert is enough for fans to take the bait. Just like I took the bait when it said exclusive digital content for LB pre orders.

Just my 2 cents.

There are many posts of anger on this subject but this one I feel the need to respond to. PJ are not the same money grabbers as The Stones, The very nature of this being so limited proves that. If The Stones released this there would be thousands of copies available at double the price to milk the most out of us as possible. This release does not compare. It is a low quantity and relatively low cost ($9 per single!). To compare this to the money grabbing Stones is way out the ball park in my opinion.

I get what you are saying with it being limited. So I can agree on that part that it is limited.

What I was saying as far as the comparison to the stones is stuff like Backpacks, dog collars, beer condoms (coozies *SP?*) scarf's, shoes, warm up suits, key chains, faithful ale (which wasn't that good), four Wrigley poster's (was it necessary to have four for one show?) lighters, playing cards and I'm sure there is more but I'm not going through everything.

To me it just seems like it's gone a bit over board and a little cash hungry. I've seen that backpack people missed out on and in my opinion it wasn't that great. I don't get in a tizzy about merch if I get something cool if not oh well life goes on. But I have noticed prices have went up. Come on $35 for a tee shirt at a show. That in my opinion is outrageous for a band that talks about how the rich keep getting rich and how the rest of us are screwed over.

I know some of you are thinking leave the club or if you don't like don't buy. Well at the show I went to I chose not buy anything. You can't tell me the band doesn't have some input on the prices at the merch tent outside of the venues they play at. If that white trash Kid Rock can keep his merch under $20 why can't Pearl Jam have some of their prices brought down?

End of the day I will still buy the vinyl I will still go to one maybe two show's a tour and I will still think of them as the greatest band of my generation.

Oh and thanks for keeping a level head I know how some people get in a tizzy real quick around here. Maybe we can grab a beer one day before a show.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    DURP wrote:
    I get what you are saying with it being limited. So I can agree on that part that it is limited.

What I was saying as far as the comparison to the stones is stuff like Backpacks, dog collars, beer condoms (coozies *SP?*) scarf's, shoes, warm up suits, key chains, faithful ale (which wasn't that good), four Wrigley poster's (was it necessary to have four for one show?) lighters, playing cards and I'm sure there is more but I'm not going through everything.

To me it just seems like it's gone a bit over board and a little cash hungry. I've seen that backpack people missed out on and in my opinion it wasn't that great. I don't get in a tizzy about merch if I get something cool if not oh well life goes on. But I have noticed prices have went up. Come on $35 for a tee shirt at a show. That in my opinion is outrageous for a band that talks about how the rich keep getting rich and how the rest of us are screwed over.

I know some of you are thinking leave the club or if you don't like don't buy. Well at the show I went to I chose not buy anything. You can't tell me the band doesn't have some input on the prices at the merch tent outside of the venues they play at. If that white trash Kid Rock can keep his merch under $20 why can't Pearl Jam have some of their prices brought down?

End of the day I will still buy the vinyl I will still go to one maybe two show's a tour and I will still think of them as the greatest band of my generation.

Oh and thanks for keeping a level head I know how some people get in a tizzy real quick around here. Maybe we can grab a beer one day before a show.

Sorry, I only drink limited edition beer before a show. It makes me feel like an important collector! :lol:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options

Sorry, I only drink limited edition beer before a show. It makes me feel like an important collector! :lol:

Your superiority far exceeds anyone else's :lol:
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    DURP wrote:

Your superiority far exceeds anyone else's :lol:
    That's a pretty good 2000th post. :P :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    I am happier and happier that I scored one of these. It would be cool to have, but if it gives me the opportunity to get a Binaural + a No Code or Yield, or a RVM, Riot Act, any combination of those, how could I say no?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    Just received this from Amazon Japan regarding my order - my Japanese isn't too great but I'm guessing it says that my copy of Sevens will be handed to me in person by Eddie before the Seattle gig after I have written the set list with him and it will be coloured vinyl & signed by the band:

"Amazon.co.jpをご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

誠に申し訳ございませんが、以下のご注文商品について、非売品であり当サイトにて取り扱いできない商品であることがわかりました。そのため、やむを得ずお客様のご注文分をキャンセルさせていただきました。

Sevens [Analog] (ASIN:B00GJT2EZU)

このたびは、ご注文商品をキャンセルする結果となり、お客様にご迷惑をおかけしたことをお詫びいたします。

ご不明な点は、このEメールへの返信ではなく、下記のURLからカスタマーサービスまでお問い合わせください。

http://www.amazon.co.jp/contact-us/

Amazon.co.jp カスタマーサービス
    Amazon.co.jp Customer Service."

OR - it says tough shit boy! You should have read your email from the fan club earlier and got on and ordered one through them as you ain't getting one from us now!

I guess we will see which it is come 6th December! :D
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    jonsey30 wrote:
    I am happier and happier that I scored one of these. It would be cool to have, but if it gives me the opportunity to get a Binaural + a No Code or Yield, or a RVM, Riot Act, any combination of those, how could I say no?

think it over carefully though

these could be a key vinyl piece in years to come.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    pdalowsky wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Tell me more, Mr.Dalowsky.
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    pdalowsky wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Agreed

I think that over the next few years they will continue the Box Releases with the Vinyl, and re-releases of the rest of the Albums. The one's I am missing are Avacado, Rearview Mirror, and Lost Dogs. 2 of Which came out during my bout with unemployment. I think that this Seven's Box will get to Benny Status.

But I will Still open it, and Listen to it. I have one of those Old Console Players where I can stack all 6 45's on it and it will play them all,one at a time. Got it for Free from a Garage Sale. Those things turn up cheap at estate auctions all the time.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Now I received this from Amazon.de:
    Guten Tag,

Leider
    wird der folgende Titel nicht mehr aufgelegt:

Pearl Jam "Sevens [Vinyl Maxi-Single]"

Dieser Artikel musste nun endgültig aus Ihrer Bestellung gestrichen werden.

Bitte besuchen Sie die jeweilige Detailseite, um diese(n) Artikel eventuell bei anderen Anbietern zu finden.

Using Google translate:

Good day,

Unfortunately,
    The following title is no longer applied:

Pearl Jam "Sevens [Vinyl Maxi-Single]"

This article must now be permanently deleted from your order.

Please visit the respective detail page to possibly find this item (s) with other providers.

:fp: :fp:
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    These things are going to flip like crazy once people start receiving them.

The secondary market value will surely go down.

I don't think this has the potential to be like a Benny. I just don't. Over hype is all that this is right now. These will settle around the $150 mark in a year's time.

Someone remember this post on November 18th 2014...
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    demetrios wrote:
    From Amazon Japan ..

We use our Amazon.co.jp, thank you.

It was found that I am sorry, but, about the order the following product is a commodity that can not be handled at this site be a not for sale. Therefore, I was going to cancel the order minute forced customers.

Sevens [Analog] (ASIN: B00GJT2EZU)

Thank you, We apologize that will result in the cancellation the goods you order, and any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, rather than a reply to this E-mail, please contact our Customer Service from the following URL.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/contact-us/

Amazon.co.jp Customer Service

Way to go Google Translate...

OMG! The other day I found a George Carlin full video with subtitles enabled: I chose Spanish and I freak out! Worst translator ever!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Why the heck can't 10C take down the listing for this box set that sold out over a week ago? The Falla sheep came down as soon as it was sold out. Feels like it's being rubbed in for those not lucky enough to get to their email early enough last Sunday. :fp:
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    DURP wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    I feel like this band is going the way of the Rolling Stones. Putting their name on anything to get money from fans.

I mean really re releasing a album that just came out. How about re releasing No Code, Yield, Riot Act or Pearl Jam. But I guess a cool insert is enough for fans to take the bait. Just like I took the bait when it said exclusive digital content for LB pre orders.

Just my 2 cents.

There are many posts of anger on this subject but this one I feel the need to respond to. PJ are not the same money grabbers as The Stones, The very nature of this being so limited proves that. If The Stones released this there would be thousands of copies available at double the price to milk the most out of us as possible. This release does not compare. It is a low quantity and relatively low cost ($9 per single!). To compare this to the money grabbing Stones is way out the ball park in my opinion.

It would be my pleasure dude!

I totally get where you are coming from regarding the merch. I only buy vinyl so that side of things does not affect me, but if it did I might be annoyed at the pricing. Vagger99 post a good blog at the bottom of page 46 where he discusses the changing format of the music industry and how record sales alone can no longer finance the larger business running costs of bigger bands, but none of this helps those of us on a limited income when all they want to keep up with their favorite band.
  • Options
    RD101189 wrote:
    Why the heck can't 10C take down the listing for this box set that sold out over a week ago? The Falla sheep came down as soon as it was sold out. Feels like it's being rubbed in for those not lucky enough to get to their email early enough last Sunday. :fp:

My guess is they have a bunch of the for the pop-up store. If they don't sell out there, they will re appear in the shop...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    My guess is they have a bunch of the for the pop-up store. If they don't sell out there, they will re appear in the shop...

Folks keep suggesting that, but I'm not so sure. They are saying Mid-December to ship with a - but keep your address up to date through February - notice. I'm not even sure if these will be finished pressing by 12/6.

Now NEXT year's pop up - definitely - 100%. This year? I think your hopes are only slightly better than the Amazon posting.

(And if they did show up there not a chance they wouldn't sell out).

The more likely thing is that they are still counting orders vs. the pressing. And here's your real hope - maybe they are trying to increase the press with their vendor which would not only allow them to fulfill all the orders including the ones that got the dreaded 10C e-mail the next day - but put a few more up here in the store. Folks think increasing orders with a vendor is like the Easy Button. Their vinyl presser is not sitting there waiting for them to make their order. The reason for the wait to get these out is that their vendor is doing other stuff right now. There is a process for physical product to be produced and it's not just crossing your arms and nodding your head.

All these other ideas are really just pipe dreams unfortunately. Hope I'm wrong.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

Folks keep suggesting that, but I'm not so sure. They are saying Mid-December to ship with a - but keep your address up to date through February - notice. I'm not even sure if these will be finished pressing by 12/6.

Good point, since Vault 3 was said to be shipping around Sept 1st, but in fact it was shipped on October 1st. It would be nice if they press some in the US and some in the UK as it was done with Vault 3.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Very strange that there are people who sell boxes on eBay. And this for a price that is criminal
    stmae1977
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that it is still on the Vinyl Shop page? If it's gone, get rid of the listing....unless...
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Possibly ! :)
  • Options
    PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    pjradio wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that it is still on the Vinyl Shop page? If it's gone, get rid of the listing....unless...

I thought the same
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    PJLuis wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

I thought the same

I hope they let those that already purchased one in the pre-sale, buy a second one when they sell more. :twisted:

:corn:
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    It would be my pleasure dude!

I totally get where you are coming from regarding the merch. I only buy vinyl so that side of things does not affect me, but if it did I might be annoyed at the pricing. Vagger99 post a good blog at the bottom of page 46 where he discusses the changing format of the music industry and how record sales alone can no longer finance the larger business running costs of bigger bands, but none of this helps those of us on a limited income when all they want to keep up with their favorite band.

Yeah I read his post it does make sense. I get that people are stealing music I'm sure I'm in the minority where I prefer the hardcopy usually Vinyl instead of CD.

I guess what get's me a little fired up about this is Lightning Bolt just came out. While we are still waiting for re issues of albums after Vitalogy. I bought a No Code for $50 on here but it was a wedding present for my cousin. It was so hard for me to wrap it up and give it to him (Insert perverted comment here). I don't mind buying reissues hell I just bought In Utero for $75 last month. I had to talk myself into it but what won the argument was it was the last copy on the shelf.

The merch is what it is. All I can do is choose not to buy it unless it looks really cool.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    I almost feel dirty which did order one, after how people are reacting to this box set.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I almost feel dirty which did order one, after how people are reacting to this box set.
    i can buy it off you if you like :wink:
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    anyone know exactly how many of these were made? I've heard speculation that it was 500 or less. seems a bit low and the band would probably loose money on the deal. i think Benaroya was 2000 copies?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I heard 5000. I guess they're not as rare as people thought.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

sounds a bit more reasonable
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:

sounds a bit more reasonable

Not a chance there's 5000. That would have actually registered quite highly on the Album charts if that was the case.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.