Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    So has anyone contacted the store on Music Stack again? I know the last time someone contacted them they were positive they'd be getting copies. Now that 10C confirmed no one but 10C was getting them I'm curious to hear what the Music Stack store has to say.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    Here's a father (UMG) playing with his kids (10club & Amazon). Little Amazon sure did take a beating. Shouldn't of offered any pre orders ...

Tb3X94r.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Here's a father (UMG) playing with his kids (10club & Amazon). Little Amazon sure did take a beating. Shouldn't of offered any pre orders ...

Tb3X94r.gif

:lol:
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    mr_canada wrote:
    Now that 10C confirmed no one but 10C was getting them

where did this get posted?

*edit, i see the thread.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,779
    DURP wrote:
    choop wrote:
    a lot of bands have actually done this type of release for new records or as singles collections. this is far less of a cash grab than other items, and is nice for the vinyl collectors. i don't do posters or shirts stickers or bootlegs of shows i don't go to, etc. - but give me music on vinyl and i'm all about it.

Good for you man I hope you enjoy.

No sarcasm.

I just think some people order these things for the purpose of flipping them which is bullshit. I have no intentions of flipping anything I get PJ related. Go on eBay and see how many listings are up for this product already. Then to see the price they want is outrageous. I really wish something would be done about this. I didn't want this but there have been other things I missed out on and see them on eBay for 10 times the price or more.

You're never going to stop flipping. It happens with a lot of other things too, especially limited sneakers. There is always going to be limited products on the market to create hype. It's just the nature of the beast. I don't know, to me, it's not the end of the world. Life goes on. There are more pressing issues in life to care about a material thing. Just my .02 cents.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Amen. It's just the way it is... If you think the level of flipping here is bad then you need to look into other things such as sneakers, posters, etc.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,865
    demetrios wrote:

Tb3X94r.gif

D, that's hilarious.....thanks for the cackle :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,073
    mr_canada wrote:
    So has anyone contacted the store on Music Stack again? I know the last time someone contacted them they were positive they'd be getting copies. Now that 10C confirmed no one but 10C was getting them I'm curious to hear what the Music Stack store has to say.
    I got an email they cancelled my order and refunded my money today
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:

Bummer
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Tb3X94r.gif

D, that's hilarious.....thanks for the cackle :lol::lol::lol:

That is hilarious, but what I'm most worried about is what country did UMG take 10C to? That video is from June!?! No wonder shipping takes so long for some of you.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:

same here, and today. Still have pre-orders with amazon.com and amazon japan, but they now seem much more doubtful.
  • Options
    I am feeling like Amazon won't come through. I could kick myself for waiting a couple hours! :fp: You would think I would have learned by now!! :oops:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    mr_canada wrote:

*edit, i see the thread.

where? i cant find it!
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    mr_canada wrote:

*edit, i see the thread.

where? i cant find it!

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=224414&hilit=sevens
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    MM174168 wrote:
    Pearl Jam is a bunch of greedy f!*King sell outs.....Human devices set me free ....Right on ED....God answered your prayers with the internet!! I thought this band was all about their fans!

I wonder if this is your first post or your second post... and how many memberships you have... nevermind... not important... pay no mind to this that I just said...

choop wrote:
    mr_canada wrote:

*edit, i see the thread.

glad I didn't purchased from the japanese dudes, 6377 yen was kinda expensive... :mrgreen:

no ice water for one dolla? those amazon dudes are unveliebable
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,084
    From Amazon Japan ..

We use our Amazon.co.jp, thank you.

It was found that I am sorry, but, about the order the following product is a commodity that can not be handled at this site be a not for sale. Therefore, I was going to cancel the order minute forced customers.

Sevens [Analog] (ASIN: B00GJT2EZU)

Thank you, We apologize that will result in the cancellation the goods you order, and any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, rather than a reply to this E-mail, please contact our Customer Service from the following URL.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/contact-us/

Amazon.co.jp Customer Service
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Amen. It's just the way it is... If you think the level of flipping here is bad then you need to look into other things such as sneakers, posters, etc.

I buy new shoes once every two years. But I see it with everything posters, DVD's, mugs so and so on. I'm not worked up about it I just think it's crappy that people do this. But like I have said who do you blame the people selling the item or the people who buy it?
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURP wrote:

I buy new shoes once every two years. But I see it with everything posters, DVD's, mugs so and so on. I'm not worked up about it I just think it's crappy that people do this. But like I have said who do you blame the people selling the item or the people who buy it?

Oh yeah I meant the flipping of sneakers and posters. Hell I keep my sneaks fresh mayne! Can't be splurging for those old school Jordan II's
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    DURP wrote:

Oh yeah I meant the flipping of sneakers and posters. Hell I keep my sneaks fresh mayne! Can't be splurging for those old school Jordan II's
    You're sounding like Foodrap
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    yeah, this one is not occupying my brain at the moment like it is countless others, apparently..ja
    Good luck with your Seven endeavors, dudes..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Perhaps I should have wrote "owning brains" rather than occupying..
    Go Sevens
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,707
    demetrios wrote:
    From Amazon Japan ..

It was found that I am sorry, but, about the order the following product is a commodity that can not be handled at this site be a not for sale. Therefore, I was going to cancel the order minute forced customers.

Thank you, We apologize that will result in the cancellation the goods you order, and any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, rather than a reply to this E-mail, please contact our Customer Service from the following URL.

Got that email too, bummer
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    demetrios wrote:
    From Amazon Japan ..

Yeah this was inevitable and always a long shot. I wonder if anyone ordered on amazon.com rather than 10c because of the mail innovations nonsense. At least its still in the shop which means there may be more.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    has anyone received an email from the US Amazon canceling their order? If they aren't able to get them, why haven't they told us yet?
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,957
    Because Amazon sells everything (apart from this item obviously) so probably busy?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    DURP wrote:
    I feel like this band is going the way of the Rolling Stones. Putting their name on anything to get money from fans.

I mean really re releasing a album that just came out. How about re releasing No Code, Yield, Riot Act or Pearl Jam. But I guess a cool insert is enough for fans to take the bait. Just like I took the bait when it said exclusive digital content for LB pre orders.

Just my 2 cents.

There are many posts of anger on this subject but this one I feel the need to respond to. PJ are not the same money grabbers as The Stones, The very nature of this being so limited proves that. If The Stones released this there would be thousands of copies available at double the price to milk the most out of us as possible. This release does not compare. It is a low quantity and relatively low cost ($9 per single!). To compare this to the money grabbing Stones is way out the ball park in my opinion.
  • Options
    DURP wrote:
    I feel like this band is going the way of the Rolling Stones. Putting their name on anything to get money from fans.

I mean really re releasing a album that just came out. How about re releasing No Code, Yield, Riot Act or Pearl Jam. But I guess a cool insert is enough for fans to take the bait. Just like I took the bait when it said exclusive digital content for LB pre orders.

Just my 2 cents.

There are many posts of anger on this subject but this one I feel the need to respond to. PJ are not the same money grabbers as The Stones, The very nature of this being so limited proves that. If The Stones released this there would be thousands of copies available at double the price to milk the most out of us as possible. This release does not compare. It is a low quantity and relatively low cost ($9 per single!). To compare this to the money grabbing Stones is way out the ball park in my opinion.

I agree with DURP. PJ have been the Stones for awhile now. Stones have a much bigger fan base so more copies are sold. But thats besides the point. PJ are definitely merch whores. They are so unlike their earlier years when it comes to this stuff. But who can blame them. They got the taste of money and its like blood to a shark.

I don't get why people make excuses for them.

I truly don't care that they "sold out". Again...I've never understood the excuses people make to defend someone they've never met.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,601
    Honestly though, in the last ten years would Pearl Jam have sustained your interest with JUST the music they put out every few years with all the other entertainment out there in the world? Or did the bootlegs, posters, clothing, PJ20 movie, Wrigley trading cards, vinyl, etc. sustain your interest? It has added another dimension to being a fan. I'm all for it.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited November 2013
    mr_canada wrote:
    I agree with DURP. PJ have been the Stones for awhile now. Stones have a much bigger fan base so more copies are sold. But thats besides the point. PJ are definitely merch whores. They are so unlike their earlier years when it comes to this stuff. But who can blame them. They got the taste of money and its like blood to a shark.

I truly don't care that they "sold out". Again...I've never understood the excuses people make to defend someone they've never met.

this is definitely becoming more and more of hot button topic amongst the die hard PJ community. Here's my 2 cents..

In the early days, the band earned a strong following by delivering exceptional music coupled with economic value for the consumer. Here are some examples:

-Low ticket prices and a willingness to stand up to giant Ticketmaster even if it meant playing to reduced audiences and tour dates
    -Fantastic album artwork and packaging at no extra cost to the customer (Vitalogy and No Code in particular)
    -Low cost of fan club membership with awesome benefits that seemed to exceed the cost of membership

Well times have changed. gone are the days of selling 1 million records in a week. I'm guessing the band employs a pretty good sized staff at this point. Perhaps in the early days, most of these people were willing to work for a lot less than now. But, people grow older and the excitement of working for a world famous rock band is no longer enough to sustain one self. There are mortgages to be paid, college tuitions etc.

So yes, while i miss those early days, I guess PJ face's the same realities as most of us as we age. Most of us learn to let go of our younger ideologies and accept the harsh realities of the business world. All in all, I'd say PJ does there best to balance their heritage with economic expectations that come with being a premier rock band.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    mr_canada wrote:
    DURP wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

You seem to have not read that post correctly. It did not say they had not sold out. It states they are not the same as The Stones meaning many more copies of this release could have been issued. You statement about "making excuses" makes no sense. There was no making excuses, only making comparison.