Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Zod wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    There will never be a way to make EVERYONE happy! True story.

True but producing such small quantities only available for purchase in short window makes very few people happy and lots of people not happy.

So you can't make everyone happy, but you can sure make alot more people happier than they did. They're method of handling it probably achieved minimal happy results.
    anyone have a bat, there is a horse laying dead in the street I'd love to go beat :fp:
  • Options
    PJ51390 wrote:
    The thing is, you had to know something was going to drop yesterday, it was the 10th of the month!

i read that too quickly and though you wrote "it was the 10c's time of the month!"

:lol:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

True but producing such small quantities only available for purchase in short window makes very few people happy and lots of people not happy.

So you can't make everyone happy, but you can sure make alot more people happier than they did. They're method of handling it probably achieved minimal happy results.

What part of 'Limited Edition" don't you understand. It was produced in small numbers to be "Limited". They made seven million new shirts to make everyone happy. This was a "Limited Edition" Its really not that hard to figure out people.
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    Zod wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Let's give everyone a first place trophy!
  • Options
    PingfahPingfah Posts: 350
    Releasing small runs to create rarities is pretty standard rock band fare, I don't know why this should outrage anybody, i'm sure they aren't wishing there were more of their rare Pearl Jam items about.

At least with PJ they give the fan club members first (and in this case only) crack at it, although I suppose they could tweak the timing issue to give people a better chance internationally.
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    Can this thread be closed??? :fp:
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    jtr101 wrote:
    Can this thread be closed??? :fp:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Why would anyone have buyer's remorse? Anything that is vinyl, Pearl Jam and limited is gold. Wait til Backspacer sells out in the goods section. People will then cry they didn't buy it, saying they thought it would always be available.
    I was just thinking to myself the other day: "I should probably get Backspacer while it's still available and only $20." ;)
    Get it while it's a bargain. Been listening to it recently and it seems to get better with age.

Not only getting better with age, my 10C copy for 10 bucks sounds way better than the one I pre ordered back in 2009 :lol: :P

Kearn5y wrote:
    pantelis79 wrote:
    EMAILS go out to ALL of the fan club members..many of which do not post here regularily, and thus sell out super quick. (i.e PJ20 Blu ray, PJ20 backpack, PJ Vault Vinyl, Lightning Bolt "Sevens").

PJ Vault vinyl was available for quite a long time to preorder.

PJ20 Blu ray was available for even longer

Once again, PJ20 vinyl and backpack, and White Backspacer sold out within that afternoon, PJ20 Blue Ray lasted a couple of days, let's say 3 or 4, PJ20 DVD lasted about a week, let's say 6 days, PJ Vault 3 vinyl pre-sale started on June 5th, until June 24th at 5pm

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    I've never had a record player so I don't really get how this works...
    There are 6x 7" records with two songs on them?

So in order to listen to the entire album you need to change the record 6 times?

Its more for collectors than to listen to. IMO But ima spin those shits.
    I seriously doubt people are going to use this item to listen to the album in full, lol. But if they have just five or ten minutes and want to throw on a couple LB songs, or they are stuck on just one song and want to play it five times in a row, or want someone to hear this one song, or want to compare this song to that song back to back, or whatever, this set is perfect for doing just that. Is the purpose of singles really that much of a puzzler to people?? I really don't understand why this concept suddenly seems so foreign to so many people.

If I had them, I would spin all of them, but some more often than others, I would definitely spin SBM and FD, but not as much as I would spin Getaway, Sirens, Infallible, Pendulum, Swallowed Whole, Yellow Moon, and of course, Let the sevens play...

FR181798 wrote:
    This is not a 10c exclusive item. It was available on Amazon as well. Who knows what other stores might sell this.

Amazon lists (and sells) tons of releases that they, when the product is released, can't deliver...

Good you brought this up: remember how many PJ20 vinyl orders Amazon.com and Amazon.ca had to cancel? Needless to say, those others sites around, including the greek one, from which I got a refund eventually...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    it was listed as "limited" and for collectors, really. so im sure they figured that most people wouldnt want songs that were just released.

i can see vault 3 as something slightly different with how they took preorders. make a live show more readily available to those who may want it. hey a live show on vinyl is more attractive then a group of songs just released.

so this one is for the animals. i admit, it sucks that they didnt make more...

but the notice did say "very limited"
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    What a surprise? The box set is already being offered as a trade in Lost Dogs forum.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,749
    $1299.99 for one on ebay at the moment
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Man, I'd consider trading mine for a 1996 Pearl Jam Charlotte EMEK poster... not much else.
  • Options
    Kearn5y wrote:

thats a bargain! :lol:
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited November 2013
    spnoone wrote:
    got email confirmation of my order at 409pm eastern.

11am email today:

Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC. Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    1 6378 - LIGHTNING BOLT SEVENS BOX SET backordered (1)

Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.

We thank you for your valued business and apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC

What time did you place your order yesterday?
    spnoone wrote:
    got email confirmation of my order at 409pm eastern.
    I got my email confirmation just before yours, no cancellation email yet. if I was you I would be quite annoyed. if they can't fulfill yours then ask them to sell you something else as compensation for their mess up. We all know they've still got old vinyl in their warehouse. A similar thing happened when Ryan Adams sold his metal lp, he hand wrote apology notes and sent an autographed poster as well as a refund.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,749
    Kearn5y wrote:

thats a bargain! :lol:

Would be a bit greedy if I bought a second one. Will give someone else a chance to grab the bargin
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:
    I don't consider trading the same as "flipping" on ebay for $500

I do if the item is bought for the specific purpose of trading it. I'm not saying that it should be prohibited, but I do consider it a flip.
    It's definitely not the same as flipping for money. If you trade something, there's a good chance you'll trade it for something bought for the same reason: trading :lol: . But if you flip it... :roll: :nono:
    2006/09/30 Athens, 2007/06/12 Muenchen, 2007/06/13 Katowice, 2007/06/18 London, 2009/08/13 Rotterdam, 2009/08/15 Berlin, 2010/06/30 Berlin, 2010/07/10 Lisbon, 2011/09/03 Alpine Valley, 2011/09/04 Alpine Valley, 2012/07/07 Stockholm, 2012/07/08 Oslo, 2012/07/10 Copenhagen, 2014/06/16 Amsterdam, 2014/06/17 Amsterdam, 2018/06/18 London, 2018/07/01 Prague, 2018/07/03 Krakow, 2018/07/05 Berlin...
  • Options
    pantelis79 wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:
    I don't consider trading the same as "flipping" on ebay for $500

I do if the item is bought for the specific purpose of trading it. I'm not saying that it should be prohibited, but I do consider it a flip.
    It's definitely not the same as flipping for money. If you trade something, there's a good chance you'll trade it for something bought for the same reason: trading :lol: . But if you flip it... :roll: :nono:
    What about people that flip houses, you know, something that people's actual lives depend on... grocery stores marking up the price of milk and selling it as fast as possible... all flipping... we live in the US, flipping is legal, not always cool, but legal. Move on.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Once again, PJ20 vinyl and backpack, and White Backspacer sold out within that afternoon, PJ20 Blue Ray lasted a couple of days, let's say 3 or 4, PJ20 DVD lasted about a week, let's say 6 days, PJ Vault 3 vinyl pre-sale started on June 5th, until June 24th at 5pm

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days and I guarantee the PJ20 DVD (original) lasted closer to something like 3 weeks than 6 days. People just didn't expect them to sell out because it was THE movie the band made themselves and it was crazy there would have been such demand for it but they made a fraction of what they should have. Back then "limited edition" meant nothing. Shirts etc were described as "limited" that stuck around the goods section for years.

As for Sevens, I broke the cardinal rule of Ten Club membership which is that if something pops up for sale, and I want it, I gotta buy it and not think about it. I figured I'd think about it, and think about what the wife would say if I spent another $65 on records that I don't play (my turntable is not worthy enough to play PJ stuff, 180 gram stuff, etc, shitty needle and shitty turntable, I just play my $1 used records from the 70s and 80s on it)... and by the time I thought about it enough it was sold out 4 hours earlier. Oh well. I missed the Vault too, even though I knew it was available only till a certain time... I logged on to buy it and I didn't keep track of what day it was... I was a day late!

Also for the people complaining about flipping, it only exists because people are stupid enough to PAY those prices for stuff that was originally much cheaper. Even if the first Sevens was listed for $1000 some idiot would have bought it.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    One last point, this was not marked as "not for resale." I'm sure it was just a forgetful act on Ten Club's part... they list everything as not for resale. But it doesn't matter anyway, things that are not for resale are obviously and often quickly resold!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    edited November 2013

What part of 'Limited Edition" don't you understand. It was produced in small numbers to be "Limited". They made seven million new shirts to make everyone happy. This was a "Limited Edition" Its really not that hard to figure out people.

People understand what it means, they just don't like it. A cool item came out and a bunch of people missed it because they were not in North America and were sleeping or were out and about and didn't find out in time.

What is it so hard for you to understand that some people are a bit bummed they missed out on a new vinyl boxset.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

People understand what it means, they just don't like it. A cool item came out and a bunch of people missed it because there not in North America and were sleeping or were out and about and didn't find out in time.

What is it so hard for you to understand that some people are a bit bummed they missed out on a new vinyl boxset.
    Their does not equal they're.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    pjtaper wrote:

Fixed, but the rest of my grammar is completely atrocious.
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    RoughMix wrote:
    BN8419 wrote:
    Who cares.

What a complete waste of money, anyway. How many different copies of these songs do you really need anyway. Is it just all about saying that you have it?

If anyone is upset at this, i.e. not getting some crap money grab marketing piece, they have some serious issues

This is the best post on this thread.

+ ten million

I am now taking a bow.
    Thank you
    :wave:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days and I guarantee the PJ20 DVD (original) lasted closer to something like 3 weeks than 6 days. People just didn't expect them to sell out because it was THE movie the band made themselves and it was crazy there would have been such demand for it but they made a fraction of what they should have. Back then "limited edition" meant nothing. Shirts etc were described as "limited" that stuck around the goods section for years.

As for Sevens, I broke the cardinal rule of Ten Club membership which is that if something pops up for sale, and I want it, I gotta buy it and not think about it. I figured I'd think about it, and think about what the wife would say if I spent another $65 on records that I don't play (my turntable is not worthy enough to play PJ stuff, 180 gram stuff, etc, shitty needle and shitty turntable, I just play my $1 used records from the 70s and 80s on it)... and by the time I thought about it enough it was sold out 4 hours earlier. Oh well. I missed the Vault too, even though I knew it was available only till a certain time... I logged on to buy it and I didn't keep track of what day it was... I was a day late!

Also for the people complaining about flipping, it only exists because people are stupid enough to PAY those prices for stuff that was originally much cheaper. Even if the first Sevens was listed for $1000 some idiot would have bought it.

The movie was on theatres on Sep 20th, we got the email about the movie way before. I watched the movie on 20th, which was a tuesday, 22nd, and 23rd, and 25th. On the 21st I got the email about the book, the BR/DVD set and the back pack. Unfortunately we can't check those old ordes onw, but I remember positively buying white backspacer either and the PJ20 DVD on the 22nd or 23rd, before going to the theatre. 24th sister bday, no PJ movie scheduled. When I came home from the screening on the 25th BR was sold out. I can't be sure exactly, that's why I said "let's say", but I don't think DVD lasted 3 weeks. We can check the boards. I have the emails, but I cannot retrieve order history way back. However, you might be right, BR could have easily lasted a week, and DVD could have lasted more than six days, 3 weeks as you said probably, but there was a reason why there were so many threads with so many posts about not being able to get it since it was sold out so quickly.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days

the blu ray was avail for 3 or 4 weeks
  • Options
    lots of great info in this thread :fp:
  • Options
    campbelltoe2000campbelltoe2000 Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    So I was able to get a copy of 7`s yesterday, even after that whole Lighting Bolt lp fiasco , I jumped at it. It seemed like a good excuse to place an order for some other shit I wanted. So I saved a little on shipping .
    Now it seems like a good thing to have in the collection!
    Post edited by campbelltoe2000 on
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

People understand what it means, they just don't like it. A cool item came out and a bunch of people missed it because they were not in North America and were sleeping or were out and about and didn't find out in time.

I understand people are bummed out. You asked why Ten Club couldn't produce more of these.......the answer is because its a "Limited Edition" They wanted it to be a "Limited" product, they wanted "Limited" numbers of these on the streets.........so they made it "Limited Edition"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Zod wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Fixed, but the rest of my grammar is completely atrocious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I gotta stop you there. I am almost positive the PJ20 Blu Ray was available for longer than 3 or 4 days

the blu ray was avail for 3 or 4 weeks

Fact