Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    pjtaper wrote:
    Here is my question... to those of you saying all of these went to flippers... why are there 0 on ebay and only 1 sold so far? Jeez!!!!! :fp:

well for starters, no one is going to receive these things for another month or longer. once 10C confirms when shipments go out, more and more will start popping up on ebay.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    pjtaper wrote:
    Here is my question... to those of you saying all of these went to flippers... why are there 0 on ebay and only 1 sold so far? Jeez!!!!! :fp:

They will be flipped on this site.

The day they are recieved....Lost Dogs will start getting sale and trade listings.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:
    Already at $475. True 10C member there.
    :nono: :nono: yeah really...
    It's not going for $475. It's just been posted for $475, Means nothing until it sells. I believe there was a Vault 3 posted on eBay shortly after the presale for $700. It didn't sell. Now they are going for less than $300.

Calm down everyone.
    It WENT for $400 plus shipping. Go to ebay, search "Pearl Jam Sevens" using the advanced search option, look at the sold listing... sure, that could be a fake listing, but it sold at $400+shipping according to eBay. Seem shady to me.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

The day they are recieved....Lost Dogs will start getting sale and trade listings.
    Yeah, I agree, I thought this when I saw an Ames PJ20 Variant for $350 shipped on sale today... how is that ok, and how are there like 10 people saying that's a fair price? I thought we weren't allowed to flip PJ stuff! :corn:
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    What don't people understand about Limited Edition? Petitions to have more released? If you do that it becomes false advertisment to the initial release.

Look, I was lucky to get one. I wasn't able to grab the vaults for whatever reason. I didn't stomp my feet and complain that life isn't fair. Happy for those who received and kept my fingers crossed I'd be able to grab the next limited edition peace that I was interested in. I think its a cool piece and part of the draw is that not EVERYONE has one. I can appreciate it a bit more like you all who have the Benny etc.

Everyone is going to be ok. I promise!

Hope all is well...
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jjflash wrote:
    The email from 10 club has been arriving like clockwork on the 10th of each month.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223919&start=15

For 9 months now emails have been on the 10th, even on the weekends and they have been an indicator of new or exclusive merch on sale NOW. Remember the Wrigley posters, announced on the 10th and sold simultaneously. For those who missed and feel shafted, it was all right there in front of you. I'll bet more people check this place and their emails on December 10th!

You've got a good point....all signs pointed to a new newsletter being released yesterday. However, the majority of grievances are coming from fan club members who checked their newsletter yesterday, within a relatively short time from having received it, only to find out that a desirable piece of merchandise was already sold out.

For example, I'm training for a marathon. Yesterday, per my training schedule, I went for a 20+ mile run. I come home, stretch, eat some recovery whatnot, check my email and Sevens is already gone. WTF. Am I really supposed to hover around my computer/smartphone on a Sunday waiting on an email from 10C?
    Well, yeah. If you're really interested in getting any really limited merch you are.supposed to do just that... But it's not hard. The newsletter.is released same day and same TIME every month, isn't it?? All you need is a smartphone.

I too was waiting impatiently by my email (on the 10th of the month), I wanted (and was hoping 10C was going to release ) a Pitt poster, and being a vinyl collector as well, I was happy to hop on this offer.

I think it is comical, people complained at first saying it is a cash grab, then when people found it was sold out, complain because it was only up for a short period of time, even though, it clearly states it is very limited!

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOO, if the 10 club is saying very limited, you better get it while you have a chance.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Yeah, I agree, I thought this when I saw an Ames PJ20 Variant for $350 shipped on sale today... how is that ok, and how are there like 10 people saying that's a fair price? I thought we weren't allowed to flip PJ stuff! :corn:

You are not allwoed to flip it at first- but then some time passes and voila, you are allowed to flip :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
  • Options
    I don't consider trading the same as "flipping" on ebay for $500
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    It WENT for $400 plus shipping. Go to ebay, search "Pearl Jam Sevens" using the advanced search option, look at the sold listing... sure, that could be a fake listing, but it sold at $400+shipping according to eBay. Seem shady to me.

i have a very hard time believing that one actually sold yesterday. it was up and bought within an hour or so. i think someone "bought" it just to get it taken down (if that makes sense).

who would be dumb enough to spend $400 on that on the day of release? for all we knew, 10C could have put 50 more up for sale later in the day.
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:

Agree 100%. People love to hate ebay. It's cool to hate ebay and flippers. It's done in Lost Dogs ALL THE TIME, but in a more socially acceptable way. It's the same thing. It's not the flippers fault, it's the buyers. If some jerk sells something for too much money I don't buy.
  • Options
    I heard 6 months you have to wait 6 months in order for it not to be flipping.. imagine if someone miscalculated, and waited 5 months 30 days, accidentally became a flipper... :fp:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

this.

just don't make it an auction. disclose the $600 price tag from the beginning and you are good to go in the mod's eyes!
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    edited November 2013
    Out of the thousands of members only a few here and there complain. I think it's hysterical... You win some and lose some. Either way, keep on keepin' on :corn:
    Post edited by 63schoefflin on
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    got email confirmation of my order at 409pm eastern.

11am email today:

Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC. Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    1 6378 - LIGHTNING BOLT SEVENS BOX SET backordered (1)

Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.

We thank you for your valued business and apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC

What time did you place your order yesterday?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    I don't consider trading the same as "flipping" on ebay for $500

I do if the item is bought for the specific purpose of trading it. I'm not saying that it should be prohibited, but I do consider it a flip.
    severed hand thirteen
  • Options
    TC282314 wrote:
    What don't people understand about Limited Edition? Petitions to have more released? If you do that it becomes false advertisment to the initial release.

Look, I was lucky to get one. I wasn't able to grab the vaults for whatever reason. I didn't stomp my feet and complain that life isn't fair. Happy for those who received and kept my fingers crossed I'd be able to grab the next limited edition peace that I was interested in. I think its a cool piece and part of the draw is that not EVERYONE has one. I can appreciate it a bit more like you all who have the Benny etc.

Everyone is going to be ok. I promise!

Hope all is well...

This is exactly right. I am in the exact same boat, chose not to order a vault3 for some reason, then it was gone. Lesson learned for me.

The unfortunate problem is the society we live in today, where everyone thinks they are entitled to what they want when they want it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    spnoone wrote:

11am email today:

Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC. Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC

spnoone wrote:
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    As soon as I get mine, I'll be looking for a sealed Binaural and a Kong poster in exchange for my mint copy.

Thanks guys.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    So you were able to complete the order while it wasn`t in stock?? what the hell are they doing? :?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    its either:

1. Drop it randomly and people lucky/pathetic enough to be on point (like me) score.

2. Set an on-sale time and everyone plays the F5 game

3. All-out lottery

pick your poison
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    edited November 2013
    PJ51390 wrote:
    The unfortunate problem is the society we live in today, where everyone thinks they are entitled to what they want when they want it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains.
    ISO 10Club to make limited edition umbrellas.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its either:

1. Drop it randomly and people lucky/pathetic enough to be on point (like me) score.

3. All-out lottery

pick your poison
    Post edited by HollisBrown on
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    This reminds me of Brian Lux's "The Limited Edition Club", thread.

:lol:
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:

11am email today:

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC

spnoone wrote:

yeah, so i figure those that are getting the back ordered emails may have been some of the last to place their orders before selling out
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its either:

3. All-out lottery

pick your poison

They could also do it like they did for vault 3 and have a decent buying window and have it made to order.
    Not sure why it wasn't done that way this time, but it should have to appease as many people as possible.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    What's most comical is that this happens every time they release something for sale. It's par for the course and people still don't get it.

The 10C isn't deliberately trying to piss people off. As many 'hot items' as they have released... there are 'not so hot items' that sit in a warehouse somewhere at the 10C's expense.

Once people purchase something... I think it is their right to do whatever the hell they please with it. The petty judgements and scathing critiques reflect nothing more than jealousy. It's okay to feel disappointed, but try to maintain a touch of dignity before losing your mind and spitting venom all over anything you dislike about the situation.

Do people realize it is Remembrance Day and that some have experienced much worse than missing out on a fucking box set of records- of re-released music?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    its either:

3. All-out lottery

pick your poison

The thing is, you had to know something was going to drop yesterday, it was the 10th of the month!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    The 10C isn't deliberately trying to piss people off. As many 'hot items' as they have released... there are 'not so hot items' that sit in a warehouse somewhere at the 10C's expense.

Yah but making the amount released so small they do end up pissing people off. So they should probably learn from that. If they are worried about getting stuck with extra stock, why not do them like vault #3, take the order for 3-4 weeks, and make enough to fill all of those orders.

10c has been at this long enough now, you'd think they'd figure out. They might not deliberately be trying to piss people off, but by releasing extremely limited items and a short window to purchase they are.
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Yah but making the amount released so small they do end up pissing people off. So they should probably learn from that. If they are worried about getting stuck with extra stock, why not do them like vault #3, take the order for 3-4 weeks, and make enough to fill all of those orders.

10c has been at this long enough now, you'd think they'd figure out. They might not deliberately be trying to piss people off, but by releasing extremely limited items and a short window to purchase they are.

There will never be a way to make EVERYONE happy! True story.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

:lol:

the best was i was at the supermarket grocery shopping with the lady when i received the e-mail. "cool, new merch, but my shitty service won't download the pictures in the e-mail, i'll check out what is in the store when i get home." then we went to chipolte right after to get burrito bowls (it was lovely), because you know... we didn't want to cook the food we just bought. made our way home, checked out the merch store, thought this was a cool item and purchased it at exactly 3pm CST.

out of stock shortly after. must have been one of the last orders. i'll chalk myself up to lucky but also pathetic for going out to eat with a trunk full of just purchased food.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    pjtaper wrote:
    There will never be a way to make EVERYONE happy! True story.

True but producing such small quantities only available for purchase in short window makes very few people happy and lots of people not happy.

So you can't make everyone happy, but you can sure make alot more people happier than they did. They're method of handling it probably achieved minimal happy results.