Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,749
    I'm actually pretty pissed about it. If sold out I'm cool but to place order then this blows. Did anyone else get the back ordered email?
    What, you got an email from 10c after you successfully ordered a d were told what? That they can't fulfill your order? If so, you are the first person in this thread to truly have a good reason to be pissed off at 10c.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    rival. wrote:

you are going to win some and lose some. such is life.

And some people will complain about it and some people wont. its the way of things.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    I'm actually pretty pissed about it. If sold out I'm cool but to place order then this blows. Did anyone else get the back ordered email?

How can you be back ordered on a pre sale item? Doesn't make sense
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
    2022: San Diego, LA1
    2024: LA1
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    The email from 10 club has been arriving like clockwork on the 10th of each month.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223919&start=15

For 9 months now emails have been on the 10th, even on the weekends and they have been an indicator of new or exclusive merch on sale NOW. Remember the Wrigley posters, announced on the 10th and sold simultaneously. For those who missed and feel shafted, it was all right there in front of you. I'll bet more people check this place and their emails on December 10th!

You've got a good point....all signs pointed to a new newsletter being released yesterday. However, the majority of grievances are coming from fan club members who checked their newsletter yesterday, within a relatively short time from having received it, only to find out that a desirable piece of merchandise was already sold out.

For example, I'm training for a marathon. Yesterday, per my training schedule, I went for a 20+ mile run. I come home, stretch, eat some recovery whatnot, check my email and Sevens is already gone. WTF. Am I really supposed to hover around my computer/smartphone on a Sunday waiting on an email from 10C?
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,323
    tinz. wrote:
    Yup maybe it was just me that got the back ordered email.

From 10club?

Backordered sounds promising at least
    Backordered is better than being backdoored.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    Who cares.

What a complete waste of money, anyway. How many different copies of these songs do you really need anyway. Is it just all about saying that you have it?

If anyone is upset at this, i.e. not getting some crap money grab marketing piece, they have some serious issues
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    The email from 10 club has been arriving like clockwork on the 10th of each month.

For 9 months now emails have been on the 10th, even on the weekends and they have been an indicator of new or exclusive merch on sale NOW. Remember the Wrigley posters, announced on the 10th and sold simultaneously. For those who missed and feel shafted, it was all right there in front of you. I'll bet more people check this place and their emails on December 10th!

^ THIS

Right now in order to avoid future bitching, I recommend :

1. Take your cell phone, computer, old school calendar, or whatever.
    2. Make a recurring calendar event that alerts you on the 10th of each month.
    3. Once the day comes, stay alert and check your emails often
    4. Score

It's not freaking rocket science, this time everyone had about 2-3 hours to get their orders in. That's plenty of time.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    got email confirmation of my order at 409pm eastern.

11am email today:

Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC. Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    1 6378 - LIGHTNING BOLT SEVENS BOX SET backordered (1)

Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.

We thank you for your valued business and apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC
  • Options
    spnoone wrote:
    got email confirmation of my order at 409pm eastern.

11am email today:

Thank you for your most recent order with Ten Club LLC. Our records indicate that one or more of the items you selected were not in stock at the time that your order was placed. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Qty Product Code - Product Name Status
    1 6378 - LIGHTNING BOLT SEVENS BOX SET backordered (1)

Your order will be reviewed and we will either process the order with stock on hand or Void and Refund your order if it is an item we no longer carry.

We thank you for your valued business and apologize for the inconvenience!

Sincerely,

Ten Club LLC

There's a slap to the face. :fp:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    In the meantime, I'm playing the 10C Digital version, don't have my CD with me, haven't received the vinyl yet...

Hear the sevens, hear the sevens so profound...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 626
    yeah, i'm not thrilled, but my charlottesville seats bought them more than enough goodwill to cancel it out. and it's not a flat out "no".
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,029

This is the most fucked up post in this thread.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    I've noticed, too, that the monthly newsletter is usually sent around 10am Seattle time, as mine was timestamped 1:07pm EST (although it didn't hit my inbox til 3 hours later but that's a different story - I could've been data roaming).

So, remember... 10am Pacific on the 10th for the 10 Club newsletter.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396

Pre-Order only means they are taking orders before they ship them out.

There was probably a glitch where multiple people were able to checkout just as they were selling it out. IE maybe the inventory doesn't update until a transaction is complete.. so a few people checked out simutaneosly or something.

I don't think the pre-order means there's more later, I think it only refers to taking orders before they made and sent out.

I'm still a bit bummed on missing out. Out doing stuff for a few hours on a Sunday and wham :(
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    BN8419 wrote:
    Who cares.

What a complete waste of money, anyway. How many different copies of these songs do you really need anyway. Is it just all about saying that you have it?

If anyone is upset at this, i.e. not getting some crap money grab marketing piece, they have some serious issues

This is the best post on this thread.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    RoughMix wrote:
    BN8419 wrote:
    Who cares.

This is the best post on this thread.

+ ten million
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Pre-Order only means they are taking orders before they ship them out.

There was probably a glitch where multiple people were able to checkout just as they were selling it out. IE maybe the inventory doesn't update until a transaction is complete.. so a few people checked out simutaneosly or something.

I don't think the pre-order means there's more later, I think it only refers to taking orders before they made and sent out.

I'm still a bit bummed on missing out. Out doing stuff for a few hours on a Sunday and wham :(

Sorry Zod...

Every time you post... all I can think about is that description you detailed in one post about you 'running like an idiot to the far merch booth' to secure a Gorge PJ poster! :lol:

So funny... because I've been that idiot running like a fool- slightly embarrassed by myself- at that exact same venue.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025

This is the most fucked up post in this thread.

Dude...you're welcome.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    traberatrabera Los Angeles, CA Posts: 127
    You what is the most fucked up thing about this?

Leaving the item up in the store even though it's sold out. ;)

... or is it REALLY sold out........ ?!
    Ten Club Member #10XXX
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/13/95, 11/4/95, 11/6/95, 11/7/95, 9/21/96, 9/22/96, 9/24/96, 9/26/96, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 10/19/96, 10/20/96, 11/14/97, 11/15/97, 2/20/98, 2/21/98, 7/10/98, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 7/18/06, 10/22/06, 8/28/09, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm holding out for EIGHTS.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    trabera wrote:
    You what is the most fucked up thing about this?

Leaving the item up in the store even though it's sold out. ;)

... or is it REALLY sold out........ ?!

Only to create controversy on the board....
  • Options
    Glad i ordered it. It will be a nice addition to my vinyl collection.
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm holding out for EIGHTS.

Less is more bro. Just kidding, good post.

Still bummed I missed out.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Was away yesterday, just checked my e-mail now and it`s already sold out?? how "many" copies were there available for pre-order? just wait and see for how much this`ll be going on ebay...
  • Options
    Already at $475. True 10C member there.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    Evensteven wrote:
    :nono: :nono: yeah really...
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Here is my question... to those of you saying all of these went to flippers... why are there 0 on ebay and only 1 sold so far? Jeez!!!!! :fp:
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:

You've got a good point....all signs pointed to a new newsletter being released yesterday. However, the majority of grievances are coming from fan club members who checked their newsletter yesterday, within a relatively short time from having received it, only to find out that a desirable piece of merchandise was already sold out.

For example, I'm training for a marathon. Yesterday, per my training schedule, I went for a 20+ mile run. I come home, stretch, eat some recovery whatnot, check my email and Sevens is already gone. WTF. Am I really supposed to hover around my computer/smartphone on a Sunday waiting on an email from 10C?
    Well, yeah. If you're really interested in getting any really limited merch you are.supposed to do just that... But it's not hard. The newsletter.is released same day and same TIME every month, isn't it?? All you need is a smartphone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TimoRitzen wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:
    :nono: :nono: yeah really...
    It's not going for $475. It's just been posted for $475, Means nothing until it sells. I believe there was a Vault 3 posted on eBay shortly after the presale for $700. It didn't sell. Now they are going for less than $300.

Calm down everyone.
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    How come they can't take it down from the store but can update that it's sold out? :fp:
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO