Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    Missed it. I made trade a Benny for it.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I've never had a record player so I don't really get how this works...
    There are 6x 7" records with two songs on them?

So in order to listen to the entire album you need to change the record 6 times?

I dont get it either. Pj's items are getting odd..
    i just email the manufacturer for the replacements ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Pretty bummed about this one. Totally missed it.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,197
    Here's why I bought it: 45 rpm records sound more "alive."
    Higher speed means larger capacity for storing information. Lower speed is more convenient from the storage and costs point of view. Performance wise, 45 rpm editions always sound better than 33 rpm ones, provided that the rest of the variables are equal (master tape, vinyl quality an so on).
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Wanted to add my two cents so take it for what it's worth.

I can spend two months checking here multiple times a day everyday with nothing really special happening but...
    Was busy yesterday doing, ya know, normal things people do with their lives on a weekend besides staring at a computer. Not that I was completely off the grid, I check my phone every so often... One of those oftens was at about 1:30 pm PT and I see an newsletter from 10c that arrived at 10:30 am (I had previously checked at 10)... Read the newsletter, notice they say *new merch added limited quantities. Click. "Sevens" box set!!!??? Click. THIS ITEM IS SOLD OUT. Roughly 3 hrs after it was posted I as well as many others got shut out, I am particularly bummed about this, clothes and posters and sheep I can miss but I am a vinyl freak and this was a bulls-eye piece. It's not like it was lack of obsession over this band and site and merch, I pay frequent close attention and play this uber-geek "game" for occasions such as this, this just happened to be during a weird ass random 4 hr period I was doing something else. Super pissed, I know how this limited shit works and not everyone who wants one can be entitled but I must have JUST missed it finding out 3 hrs after it was posted, that's BS that even paying avid attention isn't enough, not to mention it was kind of slimy to put it out on a Sunday. What happened to the made to order process like the Vault? I fucking loved that. It gave the true fans and paying members a real chance to get in on this and it is still a very limited collectors item.
    Right now I have a real bad taste about missing this set and historically with the after market prices on things of this nature I am right in feeling so. This probably upset more fans than made happy.

On an optimistic note the fact that it is still up gives me hope they might re-stock. Don't they usually take items down when they've sold out for good, like a page not found type thing? Also I did get an order in with Amazon while it was up but from what I've read and experienced I might just be pissing in the wind with that and would much rather have a legit order in with my paid 10C membership.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/1783688
    "Come take my hand, and let yourself rely.
    Don't hold your breath, don't close your eyes.
    I've learned to breath and I've learned to fly.
    I've learned to see and I know I'm going higher."
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875

I can spend two months checking here multiple times a day everyday with nothing really special happening but...
    Was busy yesterday doing, ya know, normal things people do with their lives on a weekend besides staring at a computer. Not that I was completely off the grid, I check my phone every so often... One of those oftens was at about 1:30 pm PT and I see an newsletter from 10c that arrived at 10:30 am (I had previously checked at 10)... Read the newsletter, notice they say *new merch added limited quantities. Click. "Sevens" box set!!!??? Click. THIS ITEM IS SOLD OUT. Roughly 3 hrs after it was posted I as well as many others got shut out, I am particularly bummed about this, clothes and posters and sheep I can miss but I am a vinyl freak and this was a bulls-eye piece. It's not like it was lack of obsession over this band and site and merch, I pay frequent close attention and play this uber-geek "game" for occasions such as this, this just happened to be during a weird ass random 4 hr period I was doing something else. Super pissed, I know how this limited shit works and not everyone who wants one can be entitled but I must have JUST missed it finding out 3 hrs after it was posted, that's BS that even paying avid attention isn't enough, not to mention it was kind of slimy to put it out on a Sunday. What happened to the made to order process like the Vault? I fucking loved that. It gave the true fans and paying members a real chance to get in on this and it is still a very limited collectors item.
    Right now I have a real bad taste about missing this set and historically with the after market prices on things of this nature I am right in feeling so. This probably upset more fans than made happy.

On an optimistic note the fact that it is still up gives me hope they might re-stock. Don't they usually take items down when they've sold out for good, like a page not found type thing? Also I did get an order in with Amazon while it was up but from what I've read and experienced I might just be pissing in the wind with that and would much rather have a legit order in with my paid 10C membership.

Well stated. Similar story on this end. Cheers to your optimism in hoping 10C re-stocks.
  • Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192

+1 Very well put. I just missed out too. Gutted. I completely agree in doing these things in the same vein as the Vault vinyl. Gives everyone who wants one a realistic chance and still keeps them collectible. A 1 week ordering window wouldn't go amiss. Keep it 1 per member still to try to stop the flippers as much as possible!
  • Options
    Hoping for a restock as well.
    Busy day yesterday with kids team parties and projects around the house.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,182
    Sunday=Tuesday...today is Wednesday??????
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,197

So in order to listen to the entire album you need to change the record 6 times?

As I mentioned earlier, 45 rpm records sound more "alive."
    Higher speed means larger capacity for storing information. Lower speed is more convenient from the storage and costs point of view. Performance wise, 45 rpm editions always sound better than 33 rpm ones, provided that the rest of the variables are equal (master tape, vinyl quality and so on).
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    If they do restock, I'll just cancel the Amazon order. I am wondering, though, if I got in on the Amazon one before it went out of stock too?? :?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    edited November 2013
    jtr101 wrote:

Here's a crazy theory for you - base supply on demand. If the entire population of the earth would like to by the set, produce more sets. Kinda like how every other product is sold on the planet.

Not trying to start an argument but there are plenty of items in the world that are limited edition/limited quantities its not a new thing. I agree they probably should have made a few more of these, but they probably should put No Code back up for sale on Vinyl to i'm sure the "demand" is there.

I'm just saying I'm sure there were people in other parts of the world who were probably asleep from the time the email went out until the set was sold out. They had no chance to get this. That's not right. At least when the Benny sets went on sale, we were given notice it was coming.
    I'm not sure expecting 10c to give a shit about time zones on the other side of the world is a reasonable expectation... Just what exactly do people think 10's priority is when it comes to MERCH?? Their attitude towards merch is not even close to the same as it is towards tickets, like it or not. They like sudden limited edition sales. They create a buzz. They seem to appreciate the concept of rare items. Hell, they also actually limit how many flippers get their hands on the stuff by not sending warning, lol. Their mission is accomplished. 10c never ever did anything to suggest to any member that wide availability of merch - especially limited edition merch - is a part of the perks of being in the club. On the contrary.

Also, this wasn't a random announcement. 10c is releasing their newsletters every 10th of the month at about the same time of day. Everyone in the world could easily just plan to check it out at that time each month to see what needs immediate action. Try being just a tiny bit proactive and you're less likely to lose out.

For those who still want this thing, try finding someone going to the Seattle pop-up store and see if they can snag you one at retail.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The email from 10 club has been arriving like clockwork on the 10th of each month.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223919&start=15

For 9 months now emails have been on the 10th, even on the weekends and they have been an indicator of new or exclusive merch on sale NOW. Remember the Wrigley posters, announced on the 10th and sold simultaneously. For those who missed and feel shafted, it was all right there in front of you. I'll bet more people check this place and their emails on December 10th!
  • Options
    I have a white Backspacer to trade for it.
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,024
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Loujoe wrote:
    Sunday=Tuesday...today is Wednesday??????

no, but i guess their monthly emails have been coming on on the 10th of each month. i guess its a lesson for all of us to check their emails periodically on that date
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    bicyclejoe wrote:

As I mentioned earlier, 45 rpm records sound more "alive."
    Higher speed means larger capacity for storing information. Lower speed is more convenient from the storage and costs point of view. Performance wise, 45 rpm editions always sound better than 33 rpm ones, provided that the rest of the variables are equal (master tape, vinyl quality and so on).

Ahh, yeah cool. I didnt think of that. It is just odd to me that they didnt release these at the same time as the original vinyl. I dont see the need to spend another $60 to bump up the quality (which I might not even notice), and be required to change the record after every song. It just seems like another campy collectors thing/moeny maker for the band. Its just not for me, but to each their own..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Do you work for Warnermusic?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    no, just trying to help out a bunch of disappointed vinyl lovers...
    there are plenty of other places to buy records online, those were just first two I stumbled into.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I'm actually pretty pissed about it. If sold out I'm cool but to place order then this blows. Did anyone else get the back ordered email?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm actually pretty pissed about it. If sold out I'm cool but to place order then this blows. Did anyone else get the back ordered email?

That really sucks Robley. I missed out as well.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    From 10club?
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,692
    I really dont even think they are that cool, regardless of secondary value... I could bought one and couldn't justify buying 7"s with no b-sides for $85 shipped to canada, but people will buy anything they do and so little creativity goes into this crap

Just my opinion
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    my apologies, the Doors 45rpm set is "awaiting repress" and not available.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Yup maybe it was just me that got the back ordered email.

From 10club?
  • Options

From 10club?
    Back ordered usually means they are making more stock, correct? Do you mind posting the exact wording?
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,692

From 10club?

Backordered sounds promising at least
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i get people feel gutted that they weren't around their computer at the time of the sale but what is the alternative at this point?

many times in the past people were complaining that these products were getting released on weekdays when people were at work and their jobs did not allow them to have access to a computer.

now we have a weekend release (sunday, the day most people are home) and it's still not pleasing everyone.

you are going to win some and lose some. such is life.