Options

LIGHTNING BOLT "SEVENS" BOX SET PRESALE - HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    [/quote]

This happens with Amazon all the time. Things that are not really available get listed because all they need is a product code and release date, factual or not. Just a few weeks ago they listed Courtney Love's memoir on their site with a description and release date and a day later it was taken down after they found out all that information was premature and incorrect.

Not saying this is a 10C exclusive, but I'd be weary of anything like this being fulfilled on Amazon.[/quote]
    Thats why I hedged my bets and ordered here as well :-D I learned not to place too much faith in amazon a long time ago.
    It would have been better if the 10cs details were at little less sketchy.
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,024
    THIS ITEM HAS SOLD OUT.

THIS ITEM HAS SOLD OUT.

THIS ITEM HAS SOLD OUT.

THIS ITEM HAS SOLD OUT.

Good thing I have TWO vinyl copies of this already (1st pressing! oh hold on, bonus pressing...) , and downloaded the all of the FOUR of the digital versions that came with the preorder. There was also ONE Mp3 coupon in the original LB vinyl.

2+4+1 = 7 That's my "Sevens" box set.

As far as audiophiles go...I cant tell the difference between the WAV and the FLAC or lossless Apple version. The backgrounds sound dead quiet. The MP3, well, it's a effing MP3.
    Turns out both the vinyl records, for some reason still sound exactly like vinyl records. I personally think there may be a very subtle different mix on the LP, but what do I know? Dont get me wrong...the artwork on the original LB LP is killer...

As far as stoke factor, I preferred the Leg 1 Bootleg availability announcement, much more than the opportunity to spend 65 dollars on repackaged stuff I already have.

I'd take Worcester, Worcester, Charlottesville over a bunch of 45s ANY DAY.

Jay
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Mine skip. Can I send and email to get a replacement shipped?

:D
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Hoping there will be more stocks to come!!!! please please please!
    im just waiting for someone to start a "petition to restock LB Sevens boxset thread" Im kinda surprised it hasnt happened yet, we dont have enough "petition" threads on here :lol:

What a great idea thanks for suggesting.. :)

Done.. :)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    super fast sellout

glad I was online Sunday, thank Apple for the iphone :D
  • Options
    For those that got one, good for you, you have PJ on your mind even on Sunday, or are just lucky or bored enough to check your email on Sundays. (fyi, that is me)

For those that didn't buy and don't care...good for you, your satisfied with the current situation you have the LB vinyl already and you don't need another version of the album.

For those that think this is a money grab, you don't have to buy, end of story, or are you bitter you missed out?

For the folks that missed out and are mad at 10C for not giving you a heads up, why? This isn't an everyone gets a participation ribbon type of world, get over it.

For folks complaining about and stalking flippers, please stop the stalking of the sellers, yes that takes one more copy from the true fans but thats only a handful of copies that will hit ebay. The flippers are opportunistic folks who see that the supply and demand for PJ stuff is a hot commodity, I bet they only have the membership to grab limited stuff, has worked in the past I'm sure.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    For those that got one, good for you, you have PJ on your mind even on Sunday, or are just lucky or bored enough to check your email on Sundays. (fyi, that is me)

For those that didn't buy and don't care...good for you, your satisfied with the current situation you have the LB vinyl already and you don't need another version of the album.

For those that think this is a money grab, you don't have to buy, end of story, or are you bitter you missed out?

For the folks that missed out and are mad at 10C for not giving you a heads up, why? This isn't an everyone gets a participation ribbon type of world, get over it.

For folks complaining about and stalking flippers, please stop the stalking of the sellers, yes that takes one more copy from the true fans but thats only a handful of copies that will hit ebay. The flippers are opportunistic folks who see that the supply and demand for PJ stuff is a hot commodity, I bet they only have the membership to grab limited stuff, has worked in the past I'm sure.

This is pretty much where this thread should end.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984

:lol:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2013
    People still get mad at flippers? Lol

It is the 10c that has perfected the art of milking the cow and stoking artificial hype for merchandise and there is nothing wrong with that since they realize they could put "limited edition" on a pair of old boxer shorts and it will sell out in an hour
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,322
    Nobody here should bitch. Yesterday morning, at around 7:33 AM EST, Demetrios posted, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223998
    This should have given people a heads up just out of curiosity. The 10Club email blast went out 5 1/2 hours later. So for so many of you that check the forum often from around the world, and I'm sure there are a shitload of you, people had plenty of time before they went beddy bye. Oh, and with today's technology you could set an email alert on your smartphone when you get an email. Instead of starting a petition, why don't people start a list to personally text each other when something gets released unexpectedly? Plenty of peeps do it over at EB when prints/posters get dropped at odd hours for different time zones.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    Son of a biotch.... :fp:

Oh well life goes on...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nobody here should bitch. Yesterday morning, at around 7:33 AM EST, Demetrios posted, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=223998
    This should have given people a heads up just out of curiosity. The 10Club email blast went out 5 1/2 hours later. So for so many of you that check the forum often from around the world, and I'm sure there are a shitload of you, people had plenty of time before they went beddy bye. Oh, and with today's technology you could set an email alert on your smartphone when you get an email. Instead of starting a petition, why don't people start a list to personally text each other when something gets released unexpectedly? Plenty of peeps do it over at EB when prints/posters get dropped at odd hours for different time zones.

I think anyone who got shut out has every right to bitch. Not everybody checks this board every day and not every constantly checks their email. I really can't understand why so many items are released as limited editions. In this case, the Ten Club clearly knew they would sell out of their allotment.

And this is not a case of sour grapes. By some fluke I checked my email and ordered a set before the sell out knowing this was going to happen.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    vaggar99 wrote:
    evsgjamm wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    It's just a repackaged album spread over 6 45s.

to quote Liar Liar .... SEVEN!

do you know something the rest of us don't? if so, please share.

fuck me; dyslexia again. Pay no attention to my bullshit. :fp: 6 7" vinyl... called Sevens... gotta be 7 vinyl... 6 inches... sixes and sevens.... mind warp. :fp:
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    BK5403 wrote:
    Constructive feedback to PJ & Ten Club:

Goal 1:
    Make your music available to your loving fans

Goal 2:
    Cut out middlemen, sharks & ebay flippers

Solution:
    Adopt crowd funding model (a la Kickstarter) to fund production of merch, special releases, etc.

How it would work:
    PJ announces a 'project' ie Lightning Bolt Sevens Box Set. Fans get a week to fund the project. So ... fans pre-order and pay for the production of the product up front, making it easier for PJ to plan volume & other details with all the necessary vendors. If the campaign reaches "x" products sold the project is ON. This gives fans a chance to get their goods, cuts out a lot (though not all) of the icky middlemen, and allows PJ & Ten Club to plan production based on an exact number of units. Then PJ just takes a cut (whatever they deem fair) and everyone's happy. Jack White does something similar to this with the Third Man Records Vault and uses the same vinyl pressing plant (URP) as Pearl Jam, so they should be familiar with the model.

There are probably other creative ways to do this ... the goal is that Pearl Jam (the best-est band in the universe!!!) releases music (and merch) that fans enjoy/play/use/wear vs. just creating a market for collector's items.

Sincerely,

Sexy mop handle

same thing I was thinking
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 270
    I think anyone who got shut out has every right to bitch. Not everybody checks this board every day and not every constantly checks their email. I really can't understand why so many items are released as limited editions. In this case, the Ten Club clearly knew they would sell out of their allotment.

By this theory should they make enough for the entire population of earth?

You win some, you lose some, i didn't get the last Vault release, not the end of the world.
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Dammit!!!!! Off to the bay I go!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 136
    my2hands wrote:
    People still get mad at flippers? Lol

It is the 10c that has perfected the art of milking the cow and stoking artificial hype for merchandise and there is nothing wrong with that since they realize they could put "limited edition" on a pair of old boxer shorts and it will sell out in an hour

Where are these shorts you speak about ?
    I didn't see them,are they on ebay yet ?
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    I'm from Argentina. Still sleeping when it gone SOLD OUT. This is totally unfair. Still waiting for Vault 3 and LB vinyls ordered the day pre-orders came up. This is totally dissappointing. Shouldn't we all 10C analog members at least have the opportunity of buying this limited stuff in OUR fan club site? Come on guys... we are not asking for any gifts... just to have the opportunity we deserve.
    Oh I forgot. Still waiting for Love Boat Captain 7' ordered on May, 6.

Cheers.

Santiago (10C analog member from the other side of the world that, only in the current year spent U$D684.52 in this blessed club) :nono:

PS. Sorry for my english.
  • Options
    jtr101 wrote:

Here's a crazy theory for you - base supply on demand. If the entire population of the earth would like to by the set, produce more sets. Kinda like how every other product is sold on the planet.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am still crying about the Wrigley posters 10C sold. I didn't get any of those at cost. Proceeds to beat dead horse. :(
  • Options
    jtr101 wrote:

Here's a crazy theory for you - base supply on demand. If the entire population of the earth would like to by the set, produce more sets. Kinda like how every other product is sold on the planet.

Not trying to start an argument but there are plenty of items in the world that are limited edition/limited quantities its not a new thing. I agree they probably should have made a few more of these, but they probably should put No Code back up for sale on Vinyl to i'm sure the "demand" is there.

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    scurtis wrote:

I wonder how many bought today, and could care less about it other than the money they will make on it? A quarter?

Assuming 1000 were sold...if you honestly think 750 are gonna show up on eBay you're insane. People really tend to blame "flippers" for limited things selling out when if you look at the hard numbers, it's true fans who buy the majority of limited things. Always. Just because 10% of a run is resold doesnt mean the flippers got all the copies. Relax, people.

It blows my mind that people are actually posting names and locations of resellers and claiming the resellers are the ones who have the problem?! Look in the mirror.

Dude, a quarter of 1000 would be 250. And no where did I say the flippers were a problem, I just said these types of sales cater to flippers and it takes music/art out of the hands of fans who pay to have memberships so they can have an opportunity to buy this sort of stuff. My frustration is in the way 10c sold it, not the flippers. My point was that if it was sold like Vault flippers and fans would have all had their shot. Not a race to a computer to have your shot.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    jtr101 wrote:
    jtr101 wrote:

Not trying to start an argument but there are plenty of items in the world that are limited edition/limited quantities its not a new thing. I agree they probably should have made a few more of these, but they probably should put No Code back up for sale on Vinyl to i'm sure the "demand" is there.

I'm just saying I'm sure there were people in other parts of the world who were probably asleep from the time the email went out until the set was sold out. They had no chance to get this. That's not right. At least when the Benny sets went on sale, we were given notice it was coming.
  • Options
    I'm a hardcore fan and I got this and the Vault show. I bought the Sevens box on a whim (luckily I work overnights and saw the sale in the middle of the day) because it looked unique and I actually genuinely like the new album.
  • Options
    From Ten Club Link:

ANALOG TENCLUB MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
    Analog Level $40

- Full Website Access
    - Exclusive Streaming Content
    - Ten Club Single MP3
    - Deep Magazine PDF
    - Members-only Contest Eligibility
    - Members-only Merch Discount Events
    - Access to Members-only Merch
    - **Access to Fan Club only Ticket Pre-sales

**You must be an active paid Ten Club member as of the pronounced deadline to be eligible for any current pre-sale opportunity.

PLUS
    - Free Bootleg Download- Coupon code listed in “My Membership”
    - Limited Edition Vinyl 45 Ten Club Single
    - Limited Edition Hard Copy of Deep Magazine
    - *Limited Edition Membership Item – This will be something new each year!

* Please choose your shirt size. Men’s (S-3X) and Women’s (WS-W2X) sizes
    (The current Membership Item does not require a size. We ask for this information for when we may have a T-shirt as the Membership Item in the future)

No where does it say in there that they have enough copies for everyone in the club. :fp:
  • Options
    jtr101 wrote:

I'm just saying I'm sure there were people in other parts of the world who were probably asleep from the time the email went out until the set was sold out. They had no chance to get this. That's not right. At least when the Benny sets went on sale, we were given notice it was coming.

Fair enough i can give you that point, maybe some warning of the pre-sale would have been nice.

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

All I can say is that I sympathize with you somewhat. This is the first time I've ever gotten in on a 'limited edition' vinyl release. However, I also understand that the whole idea behind this is to limit supply. This is strictly for collectors.
    Sometimes you win with these things, but most if the time you don't.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    By timing it so that the foreign contingent of Ten Club where asleep they have avoided having to listen to the "Why hasn't my Vinyl arrived yet" moaning. PS, why hasn't my LB vinyl arrived yet?!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Primal wrote:
    Does this mean I should put the pitchfork away? Love me a good unjustified witch hunt

If it's NOT UNJUSTIEFIED, it wouldn't be a witch hunt, though I won't push it and say it's justice if it's justified...

Primal wrote:
    I completely agree with you - I honestly don't understand how out of hand this got so quickly over something as trivial as a box set of vinyl.

Sarcasm level: GENIUS!!!!!

To everyone who doesn't get the point of a set of 45s....do some research. While it is very collectible, there is also an advantage for the audiophile out there. Vinyl pressed at 45 rpm typically has a "better" sound quality overall. The grooves are wider apart and gives the needle more space to sit in the groove. My hope is that the 45s will sound much better than the LP. Either way, it's cool release and I am glad I got in when I could. ;)

This is "Vinyl Records 101"

Sorry to say I told you so, but 8 1/2 hours later and no surprises. Lesson to be learned for all. When Ten Club sends out an email for limited items you better act quick. I learned this lesson with the PJ20 Blu Ray. Some stuff pops up and those who are regulars on the board see it. EMAILS go out to ALL of the fan club members..many of which do not post here regularily, and thus sell out super quick. (i.e PJ20 Blu ray, PJ20 backpack, PJ Vault Vinyl, Lightning Bolt "Sevens") In each scenario people complained about the price, it then sold out, and values skyrocketed on the secondary market.

PJ20 vinyl and and backpack, and White Backspacer sold out in a blink, PJ20 Blue Ray lasted a couple of days, PJ20 DVD lasted about a week, PJ Vault 3 vinyl pre-sale started on June 5th, until June 24th at 5pm

smanchac1 wrote:
    The last part wasn't directed at you javis. I realize you had an email issue. I was saying that to those who said they couldn't check their email because it was Sunday.

To be fair and honest, I felt like shit yesterday, still do, bad cold turning into a flu soon, and I had a tooth removed last friday. I didn't turn on the PC until the evenining, and I don't have a smartphone. I would like to have this, but as I say, I'm a crazy collector, but not that crazy, I won't get upset for this.

But the email thingie is true: once I contacted 10C about getting emails late and they told me that they sent bulk messages. The number was 70-75 thousand at a time. I use Yahoo and they suggested that I should change it, but I didn't want to. I don't know if it was an issue of the slot, or yahoo or whatever, I always check PJ site before the emails. This time I didn't: do I want it? Yes. Can I afford it? No. In the case I could, will I buy if another batch come up? I don't know. I missed out because I didn't turn the PC on, nobody's fault.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    For fuck's sake, it's a pre-sale!

A PRE-sale!

Isn't that term invented to poll for the demand of a certain item BEFORE you take the next step from design to production, as to make sure that you don't overproduce?

Limited editions aka underproducing just cranks up prices in secondary markets.

If it wasn't for the interwebs, I would never have had this 1st world problem. Thanks a lot, Al Gore!
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost