Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I think Shaq is overrated. Call me a homer. But I'll put Ewing over him.

Patrick Ewing was the absolute best at one thing - traveling EVERY time he got the ball and NEVER getting called for it. Now everyone takes 3 steps and switches their pivot foot and don't get called for it. Ewing changed the rules of the game; albeit for worse. I guess you could say he was a pioneer of sorts.
    Jordan as well. He got away with a lot.
    Lol. Ewing shouldn't have even been on the dream team. He was so bad.
    What do you mean so bad? If Ewing got to play with Kobe and Wade during their primes. His numbers might be even better. Especially assists
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Wobbie said:

I agree with Tony Kornheiser that Draymond got suspended so the NBA and TV could get a seven game series. I was rooting for Cleveland but I think the Finals deserve an *.

Yep!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548

Wobbie said:

I agree with Tony Kornheiser that Draymond got suspended so the NBA and TV could get a seven game series. I was rooting for Cleveland but I think the Finals deserve an *.

Yep!
    He's a dirty player and no * for the Finals. Like others have noted, he should've been suspended in the OKC series. So, i guess a * should be given to the Warriors for beating OKC?> Ridiculous.

He did it again in game 7 : http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/draymond-green-kicked-kyrie-irving-in-final-moments-of-game-7-062116
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    cutz said:

Wobbie said:

Yep!
    He's a dirty player and no * for the Finals. Like others have noted, he should've been suspended in the OKC series. So, i guess a * should be given to the Warriors for beating OKC?> Ridiculous.

He did it again in game 7 : http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/draymond-green-kicked-kyrie-irving-in-final-moments-of-game-7-062116
    No shit. Another unnatural movement.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    He should've been suspended in the Houston series. To wait until Game 5 of the Finals to suspend him without warrant, and then hide behind the skirt of "pattern of behavior" is a money grab. Why wasn't James suspended for stepping over him? At the very least, why wasn't James given a technical?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Patrick Ewing was the absolute best at one thing - traveling EVERY time he got the ball and NEVER getting called for it. Now everyone takes 3 steps and switches their pivot foot and don't get called for it. Ewing changed the rules of the game; albeit for worse. I guess you could say he was a pioneer of sorts.
    What do you mean so bad? If Ewing got to play with Kobe and Wade during their primes. His numbers might be even better. Especially assists
    Ewing was good but nowhere near the same league as Shaq or Olajuwon. Or even David Robinson for that matter.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

He should've been suspended in the Houston series. To wait until Game 5 of the Finals to suspend him without warrant, and then hide behind the skirt of "pattern of behavior" is a money grab. Why wasn't James suspended for stepping over him? At the very least, why wasn't James given a technical?

Maybe I can see a technical for James stepping over him. But come on, if someone steps over you like a dick, get up and push him (or punch him) like a man. Don't fucking slap him in the dick. Draymond totally deserved his suspension. Shots to the privates, spitting, biting, or eye-gouging is a lowest form of "dirty play" in sports.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,389

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Ewing was good but nowhere near the same league as Shaq or Olajuwon. Or even David Robinson for that matter.
    Man Ewing carried that team forever. His second best player on his team was John Starks. Need I say more?
  • Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Man Ewing carried that team forever. His second best player on his team was John Starks. Need I say more?
    Okay....so that's why I said he was good.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Maybe I can see a technical for James stepping over him. But come on, if someone steps over you like a dick, get up and push him (or punch him) like a man. Don't fucking slap him in the dick. Draymond totally deserved his suspension. Shots to the privates, spitting, biting, or eye-gouging is a lowest form of "dirty play" in sports.
    I don't disagree with ya. My thing is he was doing this all throughout the playoffs. Why wait until the Cavs are down 3-1 with Game 5 at Oracle to suspend him?
  • Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I give Olajuwon. But Shaq was basically a dunker who was 100lbs heavier than all other centers
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I don't disagree with ya. My thing is he was doing this all throughout the playoffs. Why wait until the Cavs are down 3-1 with Game 5 at Oracle to suspend him?
    It was a culmination of his four flagrant fouls. You get one point for a flagrant 1 and two points for a flagrant 2. Four points mean a one-game suspension. So it wasn't a situation of the NBA saying "Let's get him NOW because the series is 3-1." Here's an explanation from NBA.com:

"Under league rules, any player who accumulates four flagrant foul points over the course of the playoffs will be automatically suspended for one game, and every additional flagrant foul will result in either a one-game suspension (for a Flagrant Foul 1) or a two-game suspension (for a Flagrant Foul 2).

"The cumulative points system is designed to deter flagrant fouls in our game" said Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. "While Draymond Green's actions in Game 4 do not merit a suspension as a standalone act, the number of flagrant points he has earned triggers a suspension for Game 5.""

The entire article: http://www.nba.com/2016/news/06/12/golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-nba-finals-game-5-suspension/

Lebron was actually assessed a technical after the game. Seems meaningless but it's actually the fourth time in the past two playoffs that that's happened. I guess because technical can add up to a suspension as well.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    But if they had called the flagrant on Green during the game. It might've changed the outcome. I think the Cavs were down 8? If he hit both free throws. That's 6. Then the Cavs get the ball back.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

I mean he was over rated. He could never carry a team. He wasn't nearly as good as the other top centers of the 90s. He played
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

Mark Jackson, Anthony Mason, Allan Houston, Larry Johnson.

It was a culmination of his four flagrant fouls. You get one point for a flagrant 1 and two points for a flagrant 2. Four points mean a one-game suspension. So it wasn't a situation of the NBA saying "Let's get him NOW because the series is 3-1." Here's an explanation from NBA.com:

"Under league rules, any player who accumulates four flagrant foul points over the course of the playoffs will be automatically suspended for one game, and every additional flagrant foul will result in either a one-game suspension (for a Flagrant Foul 1) or a two-game suspension (for a Flagrant Foul 2).

"The cumulative points system is designed to deter flagrant fouls in our game" said Kiki VanDeWeghe, Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations. "While Draymond Green's actions in Game 4 do not merit a suspension as a standalone act, the number of flagrant points he has earned triggers a suspension for Game 5.""

The entire article: http://www.nba.com/2016/news/06/12/golden-state-warriors-draymond-green-nba-finals-game-5-suspension/

Lebron was actually assessed a technical after the game. Seems meaningless but it's actually the fourth time in the past two playoffs that that's happened. I guess because technical can add up to a suspension as well.
    And it's still a judgment call over what a flagrant foul is. Again, why wait until AFTER the game to assess the flagrant (a very poor judgment in my opinion) and suspend him?

Since we're speaking of track records and culminations, the NBA seems to annually be under fire for fixing games. It has already been proven before that league officials have made intentional calls to affect the outcome of games. If not for this, I wouldn't be so skeptical.

Look, I'm not saying Lebron & the Cavs wouldn't have done it anyway. And Golden State had plenty of opportunities to put game 7 away and they didn't. But the game 5 decision reeks of foul play.
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 304

Because it was game 4 that he slapped Lebron in the balls? They suspended him for the next game. What else were they supposed to do, suspend him for game 6 or 7?

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The Knicks haven't been worth a poop since Ewing left them.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    All I can say is if Curry or Klay was attempting those 3 pt shots Starks was. Ewing would have a championship
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,133
    This is too funny....

http://youtu.be/UEtBwuEEfDs

Is it true that for the parade JR is shirtless and is in his game shorts?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I think the entire state of Ohio showed up for todays parade ...

cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/06/cavs_nba_championship_parade_2.html
  • Options
    seanwon said:

Because it was game 4 that he slapped Lebron in the balls? They suspended him for the next game. What else were they supposed to do, suspend him for game 6 or 7?

Perhaps Lebron shouldn't step over him and fucking teabag him then.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    igotid88 said:

All I can say is if Curry or Klay was attempting those 3 pt shots Starks was. Ewing would have a championship

Maybe Sam Bowie would've won one too with Curry or Klay on any of his teams.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Rose, Holliday and 2nd round pick to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon. Wow!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,133

Rose, Holliday and 2nd round pick to the Knicks for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon. Wow!

Maybe the trade was made to get Rose away from Butler and to make splash.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    TRADE: Pacers get Teague, Jazz get George Hill, Hawks get #12
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    g under p said:

Maybe the trade was made to get Rose away from Butler and to make splash.

Peace

Yep. Rose or Butler had to go. As a Bulls fan, I absolutely love the trade. So unlike the Bulls to do something huge like this.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    surprised my jazz picked up a guy with so many tattoos. tattoos offend some of the locals.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

I'm fairly certain Jane's was given a technical.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Not a chance. He wasn't beating Chicago, ever. Hell, they couldn't even beat Houston when jordan retired for the first time. Over rated.
  • Options

Is that for real?