Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,754
    Good job by Kevin Love too. Did a lot of little things that made a difference even if he wasn't that great overall. Happy for Richard Jefferson as well.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    Imagine how last years Finals would've ended if Irving and Love hadn't gotten injured. Well mostly Irving
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Lebron hasn't let go of that trophy since silver gave it to him! Hahabababaha
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,150

And that woman asking the questions for ABC may be the driest, most monotone reporter I've ever heard. Absolutely no personality.

I agree, I've never liked her... Where's Craig Sager?
  • Options

GS played the entire game like they knew they were going to win. Absolutely no will or drive. They expected to make every 3 pointer and played zero defense. Really a pathetic game from the ex champs.

Congrats Cleveland. And lebron is in the same ball park with jordan. He's not Michael yet, but he's definitely in the same conversation.

Well said.

This series is like nothing I've ever seen.

Blowout after blowout then a close 7th game?

I doubted the Cavs, straight up DOUBTED them. It did look like the refs changed up in game 5. Lebron got NO foul calls. Neither did GS but that was definitely a series changer.

Thoughts?
    I don't think the refs changed the series. I think when lebron decided to take over, GS simply didn't have an answer. As for GS, you live by the 3, you die by the 3. They beat teams for 2 years by shooting so many more shots than everyone. Cleveland figured out a way to not only slow them down, but make them miss. Something nobody has been able to do until the last 3 games.
    Did you watch the same series I did?

Check the FT stats. The game was completely different when the refs started calling fouls. Steph Curry fouled out... He FOULED OUT?!?

I will agree that GS forgot how to hit a 3 and I will also agree that Lebron started to take over but I can't get past the fact that Lebron drove the lane and didn't get any calls for 4 games...

Great series though. Amazing.
  • Options

GS played the entire game like they knew they were going to win. Absolutely no will or drive. They expected to make every 3 pointer and played zero defense. Really a pathetic game from the ex champs.

Congrats Cleveland. And lebron is in the same ball park with jordan. He's not Michael yet, but he's definitely in the same conversation.

Well said.

This series is like nothing I've ever seen.

Blowout after blowout then a close 7th game?

I doubted the Cavs, straight up DOUBTED them. It did look like the refs changed up in game 5. Lebron got NO foul calls. Neither did GS but that was definitely a series changer.

Thoughts?
    I don't think the refs changed the series. I think when lebron decided to take over, GS simply didn't have an answer. As for GS, you live by the 3, you die by the 3. They beat teams for 2 years by shooting so many more shots than everyone. Cleveland figured out a way to not only slow them down, but make them miss. Something nobody has been able to do until the last 3 games.
    Did you watch the same series I did?

Check the FT stats. The game was completely different when the refs started calling fouls. Steph Curry fouled out... He FOULED OUT?!?

I will agree that GS forgot how to hit a 3 and I will also agree that Lebron started to take over but I can't get past the fact that Lebron drove the lane and didn't get any calls for 4 games...

Great series though. Amazing.
    Yes, I know what you're saying. But it's not that uncommon for refs to change their style midway through a series.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562

And that woman asking the questions for ABC may be the driest, most monotone reporter I've ever heard. Absolutely no personality.

Sager works for TNT.

I spent the first 21 years of my life in Ohio....I would not have lost sleep had the Cavs lost but the win was SWEET!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    I can't believe I slept through that second half.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Wobbie said:

Sager works for TNT.

I spent the first 21 years of my life in Ohio....I would not have lost sleep had the Cavs lost but the win was SWEET!
    Maybe you missed Sager in game 6 then?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Sager works for TNT.

Since you missed it...

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/06/nba_finals_game_6_espn_on_abc.html
  • Options
    Classy move by espn and abc letting him call a Finals game
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 291
    The King is crowned. LeBron's legacy is complete at this point. Triple Double to close out game 7 and bring Cleveland their first major title ihn 52 years! Congrats Cleveland.
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Sager works for TNT.

no, I didn't....as someone pointed out, that was a special thing.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

let's not get carried away :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

Sager works for TNT.

no, I didn't....as someone pointed out, that was a special thing.
    It was special that's why I wanted him there again.

He's been my favorite commentator. He, Chick Hearn and Marv Albert. I know the last two were play by play guys but I loved hearing them.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    This Cavs win just about guarantees the Cubs will win the World Series this year. Amazing!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    g under p said:

This Cavs win just about guarantees the Cubs will win the World Series this year. Amazing!

Peace

or the Indians will beat the Cubs in the World Series in Francona's revenge..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    con gratgs to cavs and james!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,601
    Hail to the King..Thousands bravo to Cavs..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

let's not get carried away :lol:
    Too late. I'm way past carried away.
  • Options
    If Lebron would have made that dunk with 30 seconds left THAT would have been replayed forever but instead we got to see that beautiful come from behind block when he pinned Igouadals' layup to the glass.

I won't ever forget that block. I'm still excited about this series.
  • Options

If Lebron would have made that dunk with 30 seconds left THAT would have been replayed forever

I almost hit my head of the ceiling when he went up for that dunk. Kevin Love had a similar reaction in the background.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

g under p said:

Peace

or the Indians will beat the Cubs in the World Series in Francona's revenge..
    Why would that be revenge? Cuz Theo?
  • Options

If Lebron would have made that dunk with 30 seconds left THAT would have been replayed forever but instead we got to see that beautiful come from behind block when he pinned Igouadals' layup to the glass.

I won't ever forget that block. I'm still excited about this series.

He damn near hit his face on the backboard. I thought for sure he wasn't going to get down in time.
  • Options
    I'm going to show love for Kevin Love too. He played amazing that last game. Keep this team together and it will be GS vs Cavs every year. Well only if OKC can't find a third piece to their puzzle.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I'm going to show love for Kevin Love too. He played amazing that last game. Keep this team together and it will be GS vs Cavs every year. Well only if OKC can't find a third piece to their puzzle.

Yeah, his d down the stretch was awesome....there was one possession in particular, late, where he just blanketed Curry and I think it ended up an airball or at least a very bad shot.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Yeah, his d down the stretch was awesome....there was one possession in particular, late, where he just blanketed Curry and I think it ended up an airball or at least a very bad shot.
    That very play you are talking about needs to be replayed too because that was an amazing defensive exchange between He and Curry. Glad you picked up on that.

I noticed that Klay Thompson was becoming more and more of a non factor too. I actually think he's better than Curry, crazy right? If those two can figure out what went wrong they aren't going anywhere for a long time. I do think that the ball movement stopped, shots stopped going in and started playing the same type of game that the cavs were playing and that was part of the downfall.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    As a Cubs fan, I don't need to hear sympathy for Cleveland "needing" a Championship. Congrats nonetheless, as I completely understand what it is to be a fan of a team that never wins. (And it must really sting knowing the Ravens have won 2 Super Bowls).
    I don't like Lebron and I wanted GSW to win, but I've always enjoyed the city of Cleveland every time I've visited.

Does Kevin Love wear #0 because zero in tennis is "love?"
  • Options

Does Kevin Love wear #0 because zero in tennis is "love?"

You just blew my mind.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: