Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    How many 4th quarters did Curry sit out this year? If he wasn't fresh for the playoffs, he'll never be.

This is free agency. I don't understand why people are so mad. Nobody burned Karl Malones jersey when he left Utah after 18 seasons.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    It just seems weak to be on easily the second best team in the West, the one that went 7 against GS, and go join the best team.

It will be interesting to see where they get rim protection with the cutting of Bogut.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    mrussel1 said:

It just seems weak to be on easily the second best team in the West, the one that went 7 against GS, and go join the best team.

It will be interesting to see where they get rim protection with the cutting of Bogut.

I agree SOMEBODY on this team to be has got to play defense that other than DG. I wish them well, I still think the Cavs can beat them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,895
    cutz said:

KD was a FREE AGENT. He can go where he wants, just like LBJ or any other player in the NBA.

He can and he did, and now most people will make fun of him for his embarrassing decision :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

cutz said:

KD was a FREE AGENT. He can go where he wants, just like LBJ or any other player in the NBA.

He can and he did, and now most people will make fun of him for his embarrassing decision :smiley:
    What's so embarrassing? Because GS beat them? So what? I'm sure KD is far from embarrassed
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    People were pissed at Lebron leaving Cleveland because of aaaaaalllllllllll the drama surrounding "The Decision." Not to say it was all Lebron's fault, it certainly wasn't. ESPN needed ratings.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,215
    I'd be pissed if I was an OKC fan especially after he supposedly said it was 90% he would re-sign with OKC. Good chance he opts out after next year too once the cap goes up again so could be a 1-year thing with Golden State
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,227
    hmmmmmm living in OKC

vs

Living in Bay Area with a new arena a few years away??

I think that played into this decision.

I'm not gonna hate on him, its just a different generation of player/mentality. Guys this good wouldn't stray, they would have others join them where they were at.

• Options
    Wade may be joining the Cavs if they can clear the space. He's quite unhappy with the Heat.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

hmmmmmm living in OKC

vs

Living in Bay Area with a new arena a few years away??

I think that played into this decision.

I'm not gonna hate on him, its just a different generation of player/mentality. Guys this good wouldn't stray, they would have others join them where they were at.

Colin cowherd made a pretty good point earlier. Jerry west went into the discussions with KD with 2 stats:
    1) who has the most shots in the NBA where the defender is within 2 feet of him? Kevin Durant.

2) who has the most shots after 7+ dribbles? Russell westbrook.

Translation: Durant gets no open looks while Westbrook gets the free ride off Durants greatness. Why not come to GS where you will get all of the open looks in the world?
  • Options

cutz said:

What's so embarrassing? Because GS beat them? So what? I'm sure KD is far from embarrassed
    KD is not embarrassed. IMO, KD is also not a true competitor. He's also not loyal. He's also no longer the leader of his team. And you know what, he doesn't have to be any of that. He made the decision he felt was right and best for his legacy. His choice is one of employment similiar to everyone else. But many people, including fans, commentators, and other players, think his decision is lame and exactly what is wrong with the NBA.

And by the way, his team didn't just lose to GS.... they BLEW it. They were up 3-1 and had the lead with 5 minutes left in the deciding game 5. KD couldn't hit a shot and they ended up losing game 5, then game 6, then game 7. He was so close to trying to get revenge on Lebron too. Now he will get another shot at Lebron, because he joined another team he cannot beat.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

cutz said:

KD is not embarrassed. IMO, KD is also not a true competitor. He's also not loyal. He's also no longer the leader of his team. And you know what, he doesn't have to be any of that. He made the decision he felt was right and best for his legacy. His choice is one of employment similiar to everyone else. But many people, including fans, commentators, and other players, think his decision is lame and exactly what is wrong with the NBA.

And by the way, his team didn't just lose to GS.... they BLEW it. They were up 3-1 and had the lead with 5 minutes left in the deciding game 5. KD couldn't hit a shot and they ended up losing game 5, then game 6, then game 7. He was so close to trying to get revenge on Lebron too. Now he will get another shot at Lebron, because he joined another team he cannot beat.
    do you consider Lebron not loyal either since he left Cleveland to get his 1st 2 titles?

What's wrong with going to a team that has the best chance to win it all? It's better than just taking the most money isn't it?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

cutz said:

do you consider Lebron not loyal either since he left Cleveland to get his 1st 2 titles?

What's wrong with going to a team that has the best chance to win it all? It's better than just taking the most money isn't it?
    Yes, for sure Lebron was not loyal. Then he came back and won in all in just his second year back. Lebron going back to Cleveland felt like a movie and was a great story for the NBA as a whole and especially Cleveland itself.

What I feel is wrong with KD's decision- the game is now less competitive, more predictable and shows that players have less passion than fans. Imagine if Magic joined Larry Bird's Celtics in the 80's? Ugh, I'm sick just thinking about it haha.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

Yes, for sure Lebron was not loyal. Then he came back and won in all in just his second year back. Lebron going back to Cleveland felt like a movie and was a great story for the NBA as a whole and especially Cleveland itself.

What I feel is wrong with KD's decision- the game is now less competitive, more predictable and shows that players have less passion than fans. Imagine if Magic joined Larry Bird's Celtics in the 80's? Ugh, I'm sick just thinking about it haha.
    how does KD going to Golden State equate to having less passion? to me it means his biggest passion is winning. shouldn't that be the most important aspect of an athlete? i guess you'd rather have them just take the most money offered?
  • Options
    How do you know KD wasn't loyal? Maybe the thunder weren't loyal to him. Westbrook was a pain in Durants ass. Why not ship him off and sign someone more compatible with your teams star player?

And who's to say that Durant can't be a leader on GS? Curry doesn't need that. In fact, I'd bet he'd prefer it.

Did you not see the stats I posted earlier? That's a big deal.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,735
    The NBA blows. Seems like every year there's only about three teams with a shot to win it all. Whatever team Lebron is on in the shitty East. And then two West teams. Now, probably, one West team.

Wake the part of me that gives a shit about the NBA up when next year's Cavs/Warriors Finals begin.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

cutz said:

how does KD going to Golden State equate to having less passion? to me it means his biggest passion is winning. shouldn't that be the most important aspect of an athlete? i guess you'd rather have them just take the most money offered?

How do you know KD wasn't loyal? Maybe the thunder weren't loyal to him. Westbrook was a pain in Durants ass. Why not ship him off and sign someone more compatible with your teams star player?

And who's to say that Durant can't be a leader on GS? Curry doesn't need that. In fact, I'd bet he'd prefer it.

Did you not see the stats I posted earlier? That's a big deal.

Here's a great article: http://theundefeated.com/features/kevin-durant-makes-golden-state-the-evil-empire/

Less passionate: you should want to beat the team you previously couldn't, not join them.

Curry is the (player) leader: he was drafted by them, he won two MVPs already with them, he already has a championship with them.

Loyalty: be loyal to your fan base. OKC was tremendous to Durant.

2010 Durant realized joining your friends was weak. I miss that guy lol.
    Post edited by SVRDhand13 on
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Ok, so jordan wouldn't have done it. So what? These are millenials. They need their options.
  • Options

Ok, so jordan wouldn't have done it. So what? These are millenials. They need their options.

I'm a millennial too. I'm just a normal one who can't ball like Durant haha. I've spoken to about 10 other millennials about this decision and no one is happy about this. But also none of us are GS fans!!!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options

I'm a millennial too. I'm just a normal one who can't ball like Durant haha. I've spoken to about 10 other millennials about this decision and no one is happy about this. But also none of us are GS fans!!!
    If you get a chance to listen to a replay of Colin cowherds show from today, I recommend it. I believe you can catch replays on I heart radio app. But he went into this in great detail today. It made alot of sense.
  • Options

If you get a chance to listen to a replay of Colin cowherds show from today, I recommend it. I believe you can catch replays on I heart radio app. But he went into this in great detail today. It made alot of sense.
    I'll check it out. The weird thing is I don't think Durant did anything wrong- I just think another decision would have been better for the NBA. I also held him to a higher standard because he was my favorite player NOT on my favorite team.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited July 2016
    Jordan wouldn't have done it...he would've had Pippen shipped out of town for trying to get the ball as much as him.

Bird and Magic wouldn't have done it, b/c they never needed to. They had HoFers and all stars on their teams during their prime.

I'm a big Durant fan and not at all a GS fan after about the Allstar break this past season, but there's so much sour grapes and revisionist history going on its pathetic. Not calling anybody out here, just the overall reaction. Let's face it, Durant just became the best player on a team with the 2x defending MVP and his scoring numbers are gonna get better. He's gonna benefit a ton from not playing with a ball hogging me first PG.

I would've preferred he stayed with OkC or maybe head to a team with all the pieces, outside of a 7' scoring machine wing, already in place.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,448
    KD has more people defending his decision than LeBron. And what KD did was worse. If comparing. I don't care that he went to GS.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

KD has more people defending his decision than LeBron. And what KD did was worse. If comparing. I don't care that he went to GS.

Lebron's issue was 'how' more than anything. I think for KD, it's 'where'. If he would have chosen DC for example, I'm sure OKC fans would still be upset, but nationally it would be a different story.
  • Options
    Why was it worse? KD didn't make a production out of it as lebron did. He made his decision early enough so that OKC had more time to decide if they want to blow the team up or sign another star. What makes it worse? Just that GS beat OKC?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516

How many 4th quarters did Curry sit out this year? If he wasn't fresh for the playoffs, he'll never be.

This is free agency. I don't understand why people are so mad. Nobody burned Karl Malones jersey when he left Utah after 18 seasons.

oh, I think they did......especially because he went to the fucking lakers :angry:

happy to say, that didn't work out.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    mrussel1 said:

Wade may be joining the Cavs if they can clear the space.

please, no. :bawling:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,448
    edited July 2016

Why was it worse? KD didn't make a production out of it as lebron did. He made his decision early enough so that OKC had more time to decide if they want to blow the team up or sign another star. What makes it worse? Just that GS beat OKC?

That wasn't solely him. It was his people. I think if he he had a chance he would do it differently. That aside. LeBron didn't come into an already made championship team. GS already had 1 and had the most wins in a season in NBA history the following year. The Heat didn't have that guarantee they would.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm here in South FL and the word is from the radio that scenario is just not going to happen. Even though Wade and Lebron are out there somewhere on vacation......I'm pretty sure they're talking but I seriously doubt wade will end up in Cleveland. Wade wants a statue outside the Triple A, he will return to Miami and get paid.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

Wobbie said:

mrussel1 said:

I'm here in South FL and the word is from the radio that scenario is just not going to happen. Even though Wade and Lebron are out there somewhere on vacation......I'm pretty sure they're talking but I seriously doubt wade will end up in Cleveland. Wade wants a statue outside the Triple A, he will return to Miami and get paid.

Peace

2 days ago, the media said there was virtually no way that KD would leave OKC. So, it's hard telling. I think he will go. He sees that there's no way, especially with the uncertainty of Bosh, that the heat win the championship again.