Options

"Lightning Bolt" Vinyl Customer Service Information

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for not reading all 57 pages, but has anyone received their Sevens?

A friend told me that the shipping e-mail I got was sent by error. Just wondering why it has not arrived yet as shipments are not normally that slow.

it has not shipped and probably wont until January or February. They are still in production...

Thanks for that!

Waiting to get it is no problem but I guess it's a bit wierd that no correction e-mail has been sent.
    Copenhagen 2007 / Copenhagen 2012 / Amsterdam 1 2014.
  • Options
    Sorry for not reading all 57 pages, but has anyone received their Sevens?

A friend told me that the shipping e-mail I got was sent by error. Just wondering why it has not arrived yet as shipments are not normally that slow.

it has not shipped and probably wont until January or February. They are still in production...

Thanks for that!

Waiting to get it is no problem but I guess it's a bit wierd that no correction e-mail has been sent.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=225240&p=5362225&hilit=sevens+email#p5362225
  • Options
    So all I got was a New vinyl when I sent photos with cover having problems and the inner sleeve for vinyl. The Vinyl was in a sleeve but not original just normal black sleeve. I had sent notice right after I got it and had to re email and then asked to submit photos etc. Then I just get the Vinyl.

Guess this been a total F up for club etc. Hope they can get it straightened out for all effected.

Good time to play F****** Up I guess and take a chill pill. :corn:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Yes sounds about right too.
    Especially once you seen what everyone else has been through, it's hard to believe one gets one with good sleave and vinyl in one post no dramas :cry:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    badu2fan wrote:
    So all I got was a New vinyl when I sent photos with cover having problems and the inner sleeve for vinyl. The Vinyl was in a sleeve but not original just normal black sleeve. I had sent notice right after I got it and had to re email and then asked to submit photos etc. Then I just get the Vinyl.

Guess this been a total F up for club etc. Hope they can get it straightened out for all effected.

I might add also that there has been freak Sleaves and vinyls in the first mail in mint condition, so it makes me wonder what went wrong ?
  • Options
    I am really late to the vinyl game...if you didn't order Lightning Bolt on LP when the orders first happened, are you now SOL? How about back releases of other albums?
    9/5/93; 12/8/93; 9/16/96; 7/21/98; 10/22/00; 11/5&6/00; 10/22/01; 12/6/02; 12/8/02; 7/9/03; 10/22/03; 9/1/05; 7/7/06; 7/22&23/06; 9/21&22/09; EV 7/15&16/11; Wrigley; 11/29&30/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    So my replacement vinyl plays worse than my original. :fp:

I think i give up.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited December 2013

I think i give up.
    Oh no! I don't think I've heard of that happening to people. Bugger man although don't give up! They owe you decent product ya just gotta keep on chasing, sending the e-mails!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    I have fully functioning vinyl now(both a red & a black copy - nice!) but waiting on a decent cover & sleeves. I had forgotten to e-mail about that with trip comedown & then Christmas warm-up but e-mailed 10c a few days ago so hopefully get a response & new cover & sleeves in the new year. Hope they'll send me 2 sleeves now that I have 2 (playable) copies with the black & the red! :o8-)

Not sure if I'd posted here or just fb but have found a good use for my unplayable copy:
    20131214_122238.jpg
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:

I think i give up.
    Oh no! I don't think I've heard of that happening to propel. Bugger man although don't give up! They owe you decent product ya just gotta keep on chasing, sending the e-mails!
    I got a bad replacement too but I kept at 'em and finally got a working copy. don't give up!
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I have fully functioning vinyl now(both a red & a black copy - nice!) but waiting on a decent cover & sleeves. I had forgotten to e-mail about that with trip comedown & then Christmas warm-up but e-mailed 10c a few days ago so hopefully get a response & new cover & sleeves in the new year. Hope they'll send me 2 sleeves now that I have 2 (playable) copies with the black & the red! :o8-)

Not sure if I'd posted here or just fb but have found a good use for my unplayable copy:
    20131214_122238.jpg

This is bloody brilliant.

I finally got a record player and was able to try my copy out. I was one of the lucky kids who got it day of release (if I recall correctly) but only just got to play it tonight. (Irony, eh? Of the cosmic sort, I think.) And of course it's popping and skipping all over the place, and looping in other places, and the sleeve is split, so here's hoping for a good replacement.

In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to making a clock out of the bad copy.
    11/24/13 - LA, Night 2
    11/23/13 - LA, Night 1
    11/21/13 - San Diego
    10/30/00 - Sacramento
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281

I think i give up.
    looks like im gonna have to buy of ebay or some thing as its not in the shop ..got refunded the £££ but thats not really the point is it .think ill email 1oclub tomo and see wot they can do AGAIN :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • Options
    morello wrote:

I think i give up.
    Oh no! I don't think I've heard of that happening to propel. Bugger man although don't give up! They owe you decent product ya just gotta keep on chasing, sending the e-mails!
    I got a bad replacement too but I kept at 'em and finally got a working copy. don't give up!

So you've already received your SECOND replacement??
    Wow, I'm still waiting on my initial pre-order here in The Netherlands... :'(
    Rotterdam (NL) - Jul 03, 2000 (cancelled) - Irvine (US) - Jun 02, 2003 / San Diego (US) - Jun 05, 2003 / Arnhem (NL) - Aug 29, 2006 / Antwerp (BE)- Aug 30, 2006 / Paris (FR)- Sep 11, 2006 / Pistoia (IT) - Sep 20, 2006 / London (UK) - Jun 18, 2007 / Nijmegen (NL) - Jun 28, 2007 / Rotterdam (NL) - Aug 13, 2009 / Berlin (DE)- Aug 15, 2009 - June 22, 2010 / Dublin (IR) - July 4, 2010 / Rock Werchter (BE)
  • Options
    evdjj3jevdjj3j Old Mountains Posts: 114
    badu2fan wrote:

Keep emailing the people at the record company with pictures of the damage. Tell them you got the replacement vinyl but not a replacement packaging and the will eventually send you a replacement, hell they ended up sending me two replacements.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    morello wrote:

20131214_122238.jpg

This is bloody brilliant.

I finally got a record player and was able to try my copy out. I was one of the lucky kids who got it day of release (if I recall correctly) but only just got to play it tonight. (Irony, eh? Of the cosmic sort, I think.) And of course it's popping and skipping all over the place, and looping in other places, and the sleeve is split, so here's hoping for a good replacement.

In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to making a clock out of the bad copy.

Or another idea, send them your vinyl and they'll make you a journal out of it...

http://www.vintagevinyljournals.com/

http://www.vintagevinyljournals.com/jou ... l-jam-ten/
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Jan 2nd, 2014: happy new year everybody...

By the way, I haven't received my LB vinyl yet, the one sent on October 9th, will I ever get a full replacement or a full refund?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    i got a refund old son ..not much help really would have liked the chance for a red one lol
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    They are no longer giving replacements? Waiting 4 days now for a reply from these guys.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I e-mailed during the Christmas period about getting a replacement cover & haven't heard from anyone yet. Not the best time to e-mail of course but I'd'v hoped I'd'v heard by now. I guess I'll e-mail again. Have people had quick turnaround on getting replacement covers?
    <hr>
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Retail starting to get second pressings. Just picked one up at Vintage Vinyl in St.Louis earlier this past weekend.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    I just picked up a second pressing too, it had finger prints all over it but it plays great.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    scurtis said:

I just picked up a second pressing too, it had finger prints all over it but it plays great.

Good RCA vinyl cleaning kit should help that right out.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    we just moved and I finally played mine...all pops :-( Been trying to email the place but no answer??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    silver39 said:

we just moved and I finally played mine...all pops :-( Been trying to email the place but no answer??

Same here. Not happy.
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Sorry if I missed it, but how do you know if you have a second pressing? I just bought one from Barnes and Noble. THanks!
  • Options
    Sent out a second email 2 days ago and still no response.
  • Options
    Got a diff email to send to from another user here. Received a reply back within a matter of minutes.

Apparently their office has been closed for the last week due to the storms across Indiana. She told me they will start getting back to emails very shortly.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I've got an email yesterday saying I'm gonna get a replacement! woohoo!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

I've got an email yesterday saying I'm gonna get a replacement! woohoo!

Are you guys talking about emails from 10C or from the manufacturers?

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Turns out since I got it from an Amazon associate seller, I need to email them about a replacement.

Soul, I got a copy of the actual album as a late X-mas gift, lp was F'ed up of course. Turns out the one you gave me is the only one that is working.