*** Worcester 1 Fanviews Here 10/15/13 ***

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    There was a woman in front of me facetiming a relative the entire show in the pit. About 6-7 people back from Stone. Her son (I'm assuming) that was with her was a little more attentive to the people behind them. I apologize for complaining if this is someone on here haha.

I was on the rail, Mike's side. Woman next to me tapped me on the shoulder when they came out and said, "Excuse me, can you please keep your arms down? I'm going to be taking photos throughout the show."

I leaned over, didn't even look directly at her, and said "No. I'm not keeping my arms down at the rail at a Pearl Jam show."

I never looked around again, and didn't give her a second thought all night.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • There was a woman in front of me facetiming a relative the entire show in the pit. About 6-7 people back from Stone. Her son (I'm assuming) that was with her was a little more attentive to the people behind them. I apologize for complaining if this is someone on here haha.

I was on the rail, Mike's side. Woman next to me tapped me on the shoulder when they came out and said, "Excuse me, can you please keep your arms down? I'm going to be taking photos throughout the show."

I leaned over, didn't even look directly at her, and said "No. I'm not keeping my arms down at the rail at a Pearl Jam show."

I never looked around again, and didn't give her a second thought all night.

Wow. If I knew I wanted to take pictures the whole time I would have positioned myself in a place to do so. Not ask someone else to "keep it down" so to speak.
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    This was my 4th show. Should I count PJ20 as 2? Either way it was awesome. I've never been to Worcester and let me say that unless you have a reason, there isn't one to go there. The city makes Providence seem like a thriving metropolis. I got out of work at 4:30 and drove up with my sister. The drive didn't take too long. We got there around 5:30ish which was too late to find the preparty. I wish I had done more internet searching before I got there because every place was packed and there really weren't that many places around the venue. I must have found at least a dozen people walking around looking for places to eat like us. We had TM seats in section 234. I've never been to the venue, it's about the same size as the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, small but nice. I love being a chick at PJ shows b/c the lines for security and the bathroom are virtually non existent. We went in and sat for 2 hours waiting for the show to start. I guess we should have got dinner somewhere. I finally got to hear Long Road which has been one of my favorite songs since I heard it the first time. I'm not thrilled about the new songs. Some of them are ok. I need to listen more. There was one that sounded like Neil Diamond. Swallowed Whole maybe? Begrudgingly we left, me with my voice almost non-existent and the knowledge that I had to read to small children in less than 12 hours and my sister knowing she had an early meeting, during Spin the Black Circle. I wish we had stayed because she wanted to hear Porch but oh well. I wish that I had gone to the show the next night the set list was amazing. Otherside, Gone, I Am Mine lucky! I cannot wait for Hartford my first time with 10 club seats. Pearl Jam always plays special songs when they play in Massachusetts. I am lucky to be able to be close enough to share them.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Anyone know if 'Got Some' was on the written set list, or did they throw that one in for the guy in the front row with the 'Got Some' t-shirt?
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Anyone know if 'Got Some' was on the written set list, or did they throw that one in for the guy in the front row with the 'Got Some' t-shirt?

It was on the setlist in advance. Mike signed a copy and gave it to the young lady next to me at the rail.

image_zps0adb74a5.jpeg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • This was my 4th show. Should I count PJ20 as 2? Either way it was awesome. I've never been to Worcester and let me say that unless you have a reason, there isn't one to go there. The city makes Providence seem like a thriving metropolis. I got out of work at 4:30 and drove up with my sister. The drive didn't take too long. We got there around 5:30ish which was too late to find the preparty. I wish I had done more internet searching before I got there because every place was packed and there really weren't that many places around the venue. I must have found at least a dozen people walking around looking for places to eat like us. We had TM seats in section 234. I've never been to the venue, it's about the same size as the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, small but nice. I love being a chick at PJ shows b/c the lines for security and the bathroom are virtually non existent. We went in and sat for 2 hours waiting for the show to start. I guess we should have got dinner somewhere. I finally got to hear Long Road which has been one of my favorite songs since I heard it the first time. I'm not thrilled about the new songs. Some of them are ok. I need to listen more. There was one that sounded like Neil Diamond. Swallowed Whole maybe? Begrudgingly we left, me with my voice almost non-existent and the knowledge that I had to read to small children in less than 12 hours and my sister knowing she had an early meeting, during Spin the Black Circle. I wish we had stayed because she wanted to hear Porch but oh well. I wish that I had gone to the show the next night the set list was amazing. Otherside, Gone, I Am Mine lucky! I cannot wait for Hartford my first time with 10 club seats. Pearl Jam always plays special songs when they play in Massachusetts. I am lucky to be able to be close enough to share them.

There are a ton of better places in Worcester than what is around the DCU. Shrewsbury Street for instance is full of thriving restaurants and bars. The problem is that the DCU is surrounded by offices and a hospital, making it very hard for restaurants to be successful in that area. No one is really there at night unless there is a show.
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    NM113537 wrote:

Anyway, she was REALLY hoping for Release as an opener and when I heard Pendulum, I thought "so much for her hopes" but then I realized there was nobody on stage playing Pendulum. She lost it...it was awesome.

Was that Pendulum? I thought it was that Metamorphosis tune they usually do. I don't think there was any PA music the 2nd night. I'm actually curious to know the title of the song they played over the PA after the show ended night 1, if anyone caught that. It was a cool tune.

Regarding places to eat, as posted in another message, there were some places a couple blocks away. We ate at this joint called Spoodles, it was cheap, plentiful, and really good!
  • ceska wrote:
    NM113537 wrote:

Anyway, she was REALLY hoping for Release as an opener and when I heard Pendulum, I thought "so much for her hopes" but then I realized there was nobody on stage playing Pendulum. She lost it...it was awesome.

Was that Pendulum? I thought it was that Metamorphosis tune they usually do. I don't think there was any PA music the 2nd night. I'm actually curious to know the title of the song they played over the PA after the show ended night 1, if anyone caught that. It was a cool tune.

Regarding places to eat, as posted in another message, there were some places a couple blocks away. We ate at this joint called Spoodles, it was cheap, plentiful, and really good!

That was Metamporphosis. I thought it was a little weird they didn't play it the second night.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Born2Jam wrote:

It was on the setlist in advance. Mike signed a copy and gave it to the young lady next to me at the rail.

image_zps0adb74a5.jpeg
    She was a lucky young lady(and not just because she got to stand nest to you during the show). Of course she may have been the reason we got last kiss instead of Smile, but its OK in the end since we got Smile on Wednesday.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    ceska wrote:
    NM113537 wrote:

That was Metamporphosis. I thought it was a little weird they didn't play it the second night.

Nope. Definitely wasn't Metamorphosis
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    Simply amazing. Thanks Jay!

_DSC7853_zpsa974cbe7.jpg
    DSC7997_zps9735c30f.jpg
    450DSC7885_zps6f6135a9.jpg
    _DSC7954_zps75100691.jpg
    _DSC7942_zps1c1051e5.jpg
    _DSC7926_zpsa0853d8e.jpg
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    This was my 4th show. Should I count PJ20 as 2? Either way it was awesome. I've never been to Worcester and let me say that unless you have a reason, there isn't one to go there. The city makes Providence seem like a thriving metropolis. I got out of work at 4:30 and drove up with my sister. The drive didn't take too long. We got there around 5:30ish which was too late to find the preparty. I wish I had done more internet searching before I got there because every place was packed and there really weren't that many places around the venue. I must have found at least a dozen people walking around looking for places to eat like us. We had TM seats in section 234. I've never been to the venue, it's about the same size as the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, small but nice. I love being a chick at PJ shows b/c the lines for security and the bathroom are virtually non existent. We went in and sat for 2 hours waiting for the show to start. I guess we should have got dinner somewhere. I finally got to hear Long Road which has been one of my favorite songs since I heard it the first time. I'm not thrilled about the new songs. Some of them are ok. I need to listen more. There was one that sounded like Neil Diamond. Swallowed Whole maybe? Begrudgingly we left, me with my voice almost non-existent and the knowledge that I had to read to small children in less than 12 hours and my sister knowing she had an early meeting, during Spin the Black Circle. I wish we had stayed because she wanted to hear Porch but oh well. I wish that I had gone to the show the next night the set list was amazing. Otherside, Gone, I Am Mine lucky! I cannot wait for Hartford my first time with 10 club seats. Pearl Jam always plays special songs when they play in Massachusetts. I am lucky to be able to be close enough to share them.

There are a ton of better places in Worcester than what is around the DCU. Shrewsbury Street for instance is full of thriving restaurants and bars. The problem is that the DCU is surrounded by offices and a hospital, making it very hard for restaurants to be successful in that area. No one is really there at night unless there is a show.

Thanks for the info. I know Worcester has a thriving arts community as well as colleges. I've been wanting to go back to Higgins Armory for a long time. Every city has it's own pros and cons. I'm just used to having everything in one spot in Providence. You'd think that they'd have food trucks or something when there's a show that would be awesome. That's just my two cents without the knowledge of politics in the area that may or may not make that a reality. Can't wait for Hartford!!!
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    chain wrote:
    Like i said before on this thread, this was my 10th show...

Had a blast with all the 10clubbers around me all night... and all day!!!

Think Bin Frog was with me outside the building waiting...

I was the french canadian dude from Montreal with my buddy Alex who brought is little speakers waiting for the show... had number "38" on my hand...

Thank you all for a great time...

And the setlist... oh my god!!!!

Release... Long Road!!!??? this was so amazing.... and then all the new stuff... and oh.... SONIC REDUCER followed by Indifference at the End!!!!!!

Yeah man...that was me! Nice to meet and hang out with you!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • This was my 4th show. Should I count PJ20 as 2? Either way it was awesome. I've never been to Worcester and let me say that unless you have a reason, there isn't one to go there. The city makes Providence seem like a thriving metropolis. I got out of work at 4:30 and drove up with my sister. The drive didn't take too long. We got there around 5:30ish which was too late to find the preparty. I wish I had done more internet searching before I got there because every place was packed and there really weren't that many places around the venue. I must have found at least a dozen people walking around looking for places to eat like us. We had TM seats in section 234. I've never been to the venue, it's about the same size as the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, small but nice. I love being a chick at PJ shows b/c the lines for security and the bathroom are virtually non existent. We went in and sat for 2 hours waiting for the show to start. I guess we should have got dinner somewhere. I finally got to hear Long Road which has been one of my favorite songs since I heard it the first time. I'm not thrilled about the new songs. Some of them are ok. I need to listen more. There was one that sounded like Neil Diamond. Swallowed Whole maybe? Begrudgingly we left, me with my voice almost non-existent and the knowledge that I had to read to small children in less than 12 hours and my sister knowing she had an early meeting, during Spin the Black Circle. I wish we had stayed because she wanted to hear Porch but oh well. I wish that I had gone to the show the next night the set list was amazing. Otherside, Gone, I Am Mine lucky! I cannot wait for Hartford my first time with 10 club seats. Pearl Jam always plays special songs when they play in Massachusetts. I am lucky to be able to be close enough to share them.

Thanks for the info. I know Worcester has a thriving arts community as well as colleges. I've been wanting to go back to Higgins Armory for a long time. Every city has it's own pros and cons. I'm just used to having everything in one spot in Providence. You'd think that they'd have food trucks or something when there's a show that would be awesome. That's just my two cents without the knowledge of politics in the area that may or may not make that a reality. Can't wait for Hartford!!!

Hartford is going to be great! I have some bad news however....Higgins Armory closed just this summer. No more Star Wars exhibits for this guy....
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    After having about a week to let the show sink in I have to say that I am still in awe of the experience I had. My number is about 300, xxx and needless to say I have never been very close to the band. After a fanclub member hooked me up with a GA ticket (Thanks Eric!) I ended up about 5 rows back dead center. I have been pretty spoiled because most of my shows are in the Boston area, but this one definitely it up at the top of my list. This particular show marked my 10th show too. Its honestly really hard to compare one show to another, but Worcester I marked the first time I have seen NAIS, Long Road, and of course FATAL! Great to cross those songs off my bucket list. New material sounded awesome and looking forward to Hartford Friday. I just hope traffic isn't a complete mess coming from Maine!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i will share about this show... i've just been too busy

but IN MY MIND worcester 1 blew away woo 2 and both brooklyn shows

it was a close to perfect night
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    There's a recording up on etree
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • chainchain Posts: 336
    There's a recording up on etree

Thanks... just d/l it... now lets listen!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • ceska wrote:

Just listened to the concert and it is definitely Metamorphosis. It's just a different part than they usually play. The whole song is actually made up of 5 parts.

Nope. Definitely wasn't Metamorphosis
    Here's my take on Just Breathe, filmed by my budddy Alex whom was very greateful for having seen PJ this close with me)....

That's me at the end.... :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bkWxQ1I0M
  • actonplpactonplp Posts: 173
    I've been a Pearl Jam fan for 20+ years, but this was the 1st time that I got to see them live in concert & it was well worth the wait. Eddie sounded great and the music was absolutely phenomenal. The playlist was a great mixture of a lot of my old favorites and some great new ones.

I had worried that maybe seeing them live would be somewhat of a letdown after being such a big fan for SO long, but that wasn't the case at all! I’d have to say that I’m an even bigger fan now & if they ever tour again, I’ll be there.

Oct. 15, 2013 Worcester, MA
    Aug. 05, 2016 - Fenway Park, Boston
    Oct. 15, 2013 - Worcester, Massachusetts
  • trustno1 wrote:
    Don't adjust your Internet connection, that setlist is real.
    holy poop! what a show!

AGREED!
    May 2010-Boston
    July 2013-Wrigley
    Oct 2013-Worcester 1
  • actonplpactonplp Posts: 173
    I was telling someone about the story that Eddie told during the Worcester I concert; about the 5 Boston cops beating the shit out of a guy outside of a bar while Eddie took Polaroid pictures of the event…

Thinking of that story now, I have to wonder if that situation may have been an inspiration to the song W.M.A. Hmmmm.

Oct. 15, 2013 Worcester, MA
    Aug. 05, 2016 - Fenway Park, Boston
    Oct. 15, 2013 - Worcester, Massachusetts
  • chain wrote:
    Here's my take on Just Breathe, filmed by my budddy Alex whom was very greateful for having seen PJ this close with me)....

That's me at the end.... :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5bkWxQ1I0M
    thanks for sharing...I love your sweet thumbs up and tear wiping personal shot at the end :)
  • This was my first time traveling to Boston for a weeks visit and had the up most awesome opportunity to see PJ for both shows in Worcester. I'm glad I got to see both. if I was to have just seen the later show, I think I would've been disappointed. The band put all of there heart and energy into the first show. Eddie got drunk. I always seem to be present when he likes to tie one on. Or, maybe Eddie just likes to drink!?!?! Great show!! :P
  • wow... release and long road back to back. has that ever been done before.
  • June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
    2013-10-15PearlJam10web_zps6ce5b224.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam17_zps3cefdd3e.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam7_zpsa51bde15.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam14_zpscc6fa27b.jpg

There it is... my best shots of the night ;)
  • chain wrote:
    2013-10-15PearlJam10web_zps6ce5b224.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam17_zps3cefdd3e.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam7_zpsa51bde15.jpg
    2013-10-15PearlJam14_zpscc6fa27b.jpg

There it is... my best shots of the night ;)

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!