*** Worcester 1 Fanviews Here 10/15/13 ***

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    You gotta be shittin me!?!? Did anyone's socks actually get knocked the fk right off!?!? What a kick ass set list! I wonder who will be the lucky ones to get getaway?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • rylanrylan Posts: 230
    What an F'n setlist!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,694
    what a great setlist...WOW.

Now I'm jealous for not being there...they are breaking out some of the classic old stuff. Tomorrow night is gonna be killer and the rest of the tour as well. Can you imagine what Seattle is gonna be like :crazy:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Killer setlist
    Fucking a!
  • unbelievable! sounds like a great night....................several on this list I have always wanted to see live.

:thumbup:
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I was blindsided by how good this show was.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • KnishKnish Posts: 53
    What time did the show start?
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• Started at 8:25 and ended at 11:20 -- amazing!! Can't wait to be in the pit tonight!
    1996 Hartford 10/2
    1998 Hartford 9/13
    2000 Boston/Mansfield 8/29
    2003 Boston/Mansfield 7/2-7/3-7/11
    2004 Boston 9/28-9/29
    2006 Hartford 5/13, Boston 5/24-5/25
    2008 Boston/Mansfield 6/30
    2010 Boston 5/17
    2013 Worcester 10/15-10/16, Hartford 10/25
    2016 Boston/Fenway 8/5-8/7
    2018 Boston/Fenway 9/2
    2024 Boston/Fenway 9/15-9/17
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Knish wrote:
    What time did the show start?

Close to 8:30. Went off close to 11:30.
  • Great set. Ed looked pretty drunk towards the end. He and Mike had a lot of interaction with the crowd in the front. My section sucked. Awesome view and sound was ok, but there was a lot if disrespect for the new material. People walked out during the new songs and yelled "play old shit". I thought the band did a great job of trying to integrate them into the show by playing a crowd favorite then a new song, but my section just wasn't into it. Very frustrating. That being said it was an awesome show for those of us that were beyond excited to be there. Can't wait to see how they follow that up tonight. I am hoping they get through the rest of lightning bolt. Yellow moon is so haunting live. Ed really nailed it last night and his voice was still going strong during the last couple songs.
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    i'll gladly take that set list in 1 month, last night just upped the ante for remainder of tour.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    Fort Worth, Night 1 September 2023
    Fort Worth, Night 2 September 2023
    Austin, Night 1 September 2023
    Austin, Night 2 September 2023
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,709
    Wow, just wow what a great show.
    McCready_zpsbd22dff7.jpg
    Gonna be tough to top tonight, can't wait to see them try.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tcadd94tcadd94 Posts: 611
    Shit! I love this set! Hope for another great one tonight!!!
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
    There I was less than 10 feet from the master witnessing this and thinking "Dimi would love this". This board does strange things to people. :mrgreen:
    Poncier wrote:
    There I was less than 10 feet from the master witnessing this and thinking "Dimi would love this". This board does strange things to people. :mrgreen:

so you were RIGHT next to me??
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Went on at 8:27 and finished at 11:26.

Show was incredible, my 9th and definitely my favourite/best so far...and I was at MSG2. Kinda pissed they played Last Kiss over Smile, seeing as I've yet to see Smile and I love it, and hate Last Kiss, ah well. The three song choices I kinda disagree with from the setlist, but had they gone the other way the show would have been the best show in PJ history.
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    We were spoiled once again in Mass!

Amazing setlist, the band was on fire, the crowd was psyched and the energy going back and forth between the stage and the audience was palpable! The new songs sounded as tight as the old songs and it was an awesome mix up of the two. Couldn't have asked for more!

Thank you Pearl Jam for yet another memorable night of peace, love and music!
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • In my 7 years of going to pearl jam shows. I have been to around 16. I have never heard release or man of the hour. This happens in the same night. Hoping for one of them in philly.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Unreal, this band never disappoints. After all these years they still fuckin' bring it and mix it up to keep the entire experieince fresh. Wow. Loved the stage set up & new lighting.

To start- the bars in Worcester were absolutely packed, we tried to get in a few places but it was 6 deep an fuckin' nutty with the ball game on. Saw Napoli's homer at Uno's, finally able to squeeze in, a guy we met bought us a pint just by virtue of his location on a bar stool. The Sox 1-0 win seemed to electrify the start of the show. Ed mentioned the Red Sox numerous times, he was at game 2 and called David Ortiz GOD after Home Run "miracle".

Boston (Worcester) almost always seems to get Release and we love it. The opening 3 songs gave me fond memories of past shows. The acoustics were absolutely incredible, this venue has always been impressive for the sound quality. Ed called it "cozy". The band sounded so tight- new and old material. So many highlights i can not begin to mentioned them all here. Leash was amazing. The sit down set was a great touch and gave everyone a breather. Fatal was tremendous. MYM, Sirens and Yellow Moon are winners, those songs will have legs for sure. Another marathon of a show. I thought the entire Vibe was impressive, a lot of communication between the band and the crew, mixing the set list up and so forth. During Alive the bands personal security seemed to be getting anxious and running around there was something going on, Ed seemed to be waving off any intervention.

Many thanks to the Ten Club again, 1st row on the aisle - Stones side on the corner. We could not ask for better seats. Another incredible experieince. This fan club is amazing. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I can't make it but for those going Tonight...Enjoy.
  • I don't have much to add to the previous fanviews. Release into Long Road... :clap: This was probably one of the best nights of my life and as I sit here at work completely and utterly exhausted, I wonder what is in store for us tonight. :D

I was in a TM seat in 105...clear across the arena but I liked my section and had a good laugh at people in GA and elsewhere going for piss breaks during Evenflow. :lol: The energy of the crowd was phenominal!
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    Nothin really to add. I ended up about 20 feet from Ed on the floor and it was awesome!

Did they let people bring in backpacks if you weren't in ga?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
    A few of the good pics I took:

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.jpg
    BinFrog wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

so you were RIGHT next to me??
    Clearly from your pics I was damn close to you.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Last night was my 6 the show and I thought I might have already seen the best PJ show already. I was wrong. Last night was above and beyond a special experience. Can't imagine they will top it tonight but I wouldn't doubt it. Going to see show #7 for me tonight. I can't wait. Amazing doesn't begin to describe it
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Best setlist of the tour so far. Red Mosquito and Fatal. Wow! Gotta get this boot.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,641
    It seems like a lot of people love the slow opens so maybe I'm in the minority but I really want to get going after that first song.

That being said, this setlist kicks ass!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • An experience of a life time!! A die hard fan for over 22 yrs and finally got to see Pearl Jam on the floor against the rail !!! Enjoyed some of Ed's wine that he shared and got embrace his hand!! Beautiful and moving, performance was more than I ever imagined,I still cant wrap my head around what I experienced...Thank you so much to Eddie Vedder and the band !!!!
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Poncier wrote:
    McCready_zpsbd22dff7.jpg

Absolutely love this motherfucker 8-)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    Well that was just an incredible experience, I was in GA about 1/2way back witha buddy who'd never been to a PJ concert (thanks 10c!).

Incredible setlist, sure they cant play everything but Release->Long Road was amazing and I got to see Man of the Hour, one of my all time faves. Lightning Bolt (the song) is a real standout live - it's amazing and even people who clearly didnt know any new stuff were into that one most, I'd say.

This version of Crazy Mary was absolutely NUTS; even wilder than the one from Live at the Gorge.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Was able to hear Sleight of Hand , Habit , and Sleeping by Myself in sound check so the day/night started with a bang . My seat in section 233 gave me a little cause for concern. Last such seat resulted in a beer bath courtesy of a casual fan who didn't like me standing for 2 + hours. Not to worry . Great fans. Everyone was standing start to finish. What an incredible set list !!! I hadn't listened to Lightning Bolt start to finish because I wanted my intro to those songs other than the three I saw this summer , Mind Your Manners twice and Lightning Bolt and Future Days once each , to be live . I really loved Let the Records Play . Nice deep groove . Sirens was as amazing as advertised .Infallible , Swallowed Whole , and Yellow Moon planted a seed . Look forward to hearing them live a number of times ... 16 on this tour. Of course , you mix new songs with fans unused to hearing them and you get a bit of a stop start uneven feeling that other posters have spoken of in different ways . Leave it to PJ to know just which buttons to push to raise the temperature. 107 shows after last night and a dual opener opening is a new one on me . Pearl Jam took the thoughts of fans to heart ... Boston Strong = Release , Long Road , and Elderly Woman . BRILLIANT !!!!! And Fatal . # 107 brought Fatal ! Hope I don't have to wait so long to hear it again !!! THANK YOU PEARL JAM for an amazing show !!!!!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff