*** Worcester 1 Fanviews Here 10/15/13 ***

SeaSea Posts: 3,013
edited January 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
DCU Center
Worcester, MA
Show One
Oct. 15, 2013

Set List

01. Release
02. Long Road
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Lightning Bolt-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
05. Mind Your Manners-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
06. Hail Hail
(Ed greets the audience and jokingly mispronounces the name of the city and notes he has heard pronounced about ten different ways. He also welcomes the audience to the Red Sox win party.)
07. Sirens-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
08. Even Flow
09. Nothing As It Seems
10. Swallowed Whole-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
11. Red Mosquito
12. Whipping
13. Corduroy
(as the band is about to start the next song Ed has everyone stop and has the houselights turned on. He talks about finding a community of friends and how after 17 or 18 shows in Boston and seeing the faces of the people in the audience and those he meets on the street he feels like Boston is a great place to find community and that they are very accepting.)
14. Infallible-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
15. Got Some
(“this song is about being a friend when someone needs you and being a friend when they think they don’t need you”)
16. Save You
(Ed tells a story about playing a club called Axis in Boston in the early days. “I have met a lot of great Boston cops over the years but this guy wasn’t one of them.” He goes on to tell the story of about 5 cops beating up a kid outside the club. Ed had his polaroid camera and took a picture of it. A big cop came over and told him he can’t take pictures and demanded the photograph. The cop took the polaroid and tried to tear it up. Ed says, “have you ever tired to tear a polaroid? (mimes trying and failing to tear picture). This guy was totally emasculated by this thing that looked like a stamp in his huge hands. Anyway I think we probably played this song that night.”)
17. Leash
18. Let The Records Play-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
19. Do The Evolution
(Ed asks the audience if they should keep playing or stop so they can watch a baseball game. The crowd boos and Ed says I would boo even louder if you wanted to watch the Cardinals game. He says that some of the people on stage got to go to the Red Sox/Detroit game the other night thanks to their friend, and friend of Boston Theo Epstein. “We know Theo has gone on to do good things for another team but he was able to get us into the game and he wanted to let you know that he still loves Boston.” Ed says the witnessed such a miracle game that night that Ed now believes in God. “And his name is David Ortiz number 34”

20. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore Break 1
(Ed thanks the audience and “Kudos to those in the back. All the people behind us are subscribers to Modern Drummer and they sat there so they could get a good look at Matt Cameron”. He goes onto talk about the “great teacher and great friend Howard Zinn.” Howard passed away but Ed thinks of him every day. This song is for Howard and Roslyn)

21. Man Of The Hour
(Ed mentions that they were still working on Yellow Moon in Seattle. When he was working on the bridge of the song they heard about the bombing of the Boston Marathon. He talks about the community pulling together and how they were pulling for Boston as well. He talks about some sort of threat like giant aliens that would hopefully pull humanity together and that we likely already have a threat in climate change and we have to work together.)
22. Yellow Moon-(from the new album “Lightning Bolt”)
(“This song is a request from a local fella)
23. Fatal
24. Just Breathe
(“I wanted to give this to somebody in the audience tonight. (He hands someone a copy of the record) this is a piece of black plastic vinyl and sounds great when you listen to it loud. It is our favorite mode of transportation”)
25. Spin The Black Circle
26. Unthought Known
27. Porch (during “Porch” the band batter around the globe lights that come down from the lighting truss. Ed walks all along the front fills and climbs on the globe light in the center and swings around on it. Towards the end of the song he reaches into the audience along the front barricade and shakes their hands)

Encore Break 2

(Ed, “I don’t know why when we come to this area, this very specific area we always play such long shows. We wanna play one for the patient people in the back”)

28. Last Kiss-(Cochran) [played to the people behind the stage. Ed sings from Matt’s main drum riser. Jeff and Stone join Matt on the small kit riser]
(Ed says, “I don’t want to sound....un humble or anything, a little humility is good but something strange happened today. Our record went number one on iTunes in 54 countries. Now some of the them sure (lists countries) but what about (lists several other countries where they haven’t played). So that is why we are playing so long tonight because we probably won’t be back for about ten years because now we are going to play in “Vietnam, Mongolia-(continues to list countries)
29. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
30. Alive
31. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
(Ed says, “I gotta say it was a great, great fucking night”)
32. Indifference

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Fantastic show. I think slow openers are here to stay. I also think pj has enough material that they will only repeate two or three songs on 2 night stays.
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Wow.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,254
    This is a show I wanna see! I would take this set list every time! And Smile and Sleight of Hand were on the list but not played.
  • awilkins wrote:
    Wow.

Ditto!
    All together now...
  • chainchain Posts: 336
    Awesome show... My 10th one... And what a gift!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • The Band left it all on the stage tonight. An epic show. The songs off the new album sounded tight. Crowd was doing there job and pouring energy back to the band. Ed was on fire! On to night #2!
    Sheadog
  • Great Crowd, Great Show. I need rest to recoup for tomorrow night.
    JFI
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    I was there and Fatal was amazing.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Don't adjust your Internet connection, that setlist is real.
  • Turn Stone up!!!!
    looking to hear of the earth
  • redrumredrum Posts: 5
    One of the best shows I have seen. Great energy. Ed was loving it. He wanted to play all night.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 188
    Don't adjust your Internet connection, that setlist is real.
    holy poop! what a show!
    it went away?? "i dwell in darkness without you" and it went away??
  • simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    Oddly, I thought this show lacked something. Hard to say what that was, be it, tempo or just fluidity? I'm one of the 50+ show guys and just had a hard time with the set list. Crowd was amazing, band was super tight, venue sounded great... IMO, just missing something. Great times with great people tonight... Can't wait for Brooklyn
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • mirekmirek Posts: 18
    It was Goooooooodddddddd!
  • shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    simpleman wrote:
    Oddly, I thought this show lacked something. Hard to say what that was, be it, tempo or just fluidity? I'm one of the 50+ show guys and just had a hard time with the set list. Crowd was amazing, band was super tight, venue sounded great... IMO, just missing something. Great times with great people tonight... Can't wait for Brooklyn

I actually agree, and similarly had trouble putting my finger on it. The new songs generally sounded good (though I think "Let the Records Play" is a dog and won't make many appearances after this tour), but they still made for a choppy show.
  • ragejoeragejoe Posts: 1,418
    RP41449 wrote:
    The Band left it all on the stage tonight. An epic show. The songs off the new album sounded tight. Crowd was doing there job and pouring energy back to the band. Ed was on fire! On to night #2!

Ya I agree! My 35th show and the 2 openers to start was phenomenal... Corduroy was sick tonight too and ED was clearly impressed with the crowd right from the beginning... I love that Ed has set a precedence with us... If the crowd brings it, they will get rewarded and I think that happend tonight... LEASH Mid set, Sonic Reducer, Fatal... Ahhh Great Great show, and i really like the album!!

gotta rest the voice for tomorrow. great 10 club seats and people tonight too!!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I actually cried physical tears three times tonight (not like sobbing, but like when you're hormonal and water comes out of your eyes during commercials for the ASPCA). This happened 1) during Release when everyone sang, "I wait up in the dark..." 2) when everyone in the crowd around me spontaneously threw their hands in the air and sang "troubled souls unite!" and 3) when Eddie talked about Howard Zinn.

If you are skeptical of the GA fan club tickets, don't be, it was the best thing this band has ever done. I felt like I was seeing Pearl Jam in a small club but they only let people in if they can prove they truly love this music. Never felt a more intimate connection with any band in any setting. The band was clearly having a really good time too. Three hours start to finish and so much fun.

This was show #24 for me (1994-present) and definitely in the top three...but the whole experience was so unique it could be #1.
  • Wow :shock:
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    just got home from work, and checking the setlist.. Wow ( guy on page 1 got it right) Easily one of the best setlist in a long time, I'll be earmarking this boot to buy when it comes out.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • I thought they were awesome. Some of the new songs were lost on the crowd due to the album being released earlier today, but overall, awesome show, got my money's worth!
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    just got home from work, and checking the setlist.. Wow ( guy on page 1 got it right) Easily one of the best setlist in a long time, I'll be earmarking this boot to buy when it comes out.

Exactly. This is only the 3rd show of the tour and it is already becoming phenomenal. THis will be a sick, sick tour. :D
    This looks like a must-have boot like all Boston shows. :!:
    I wonder how night#2 setlist will look like. I want more Pendulum openers. It was the soundtrack to US tour promotion video, after all. :idea:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Release AND Long Road? Wow, just wow
    Happy up here in my tree
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Lauri wrote:
    I actually cried physical tears three times tonight (not like sobbing, but like when you're hormonal and water comes out of your eyes during commercials for the ASPCA). This happened 1) during Release when everyone sang, "I wait up in the dark..." 2) when everyone in the crowd around me spontaneously threw their hands in the air and sang "troubled souls unite!" and 3) when Eddie talked about Howard Zinn.

If you are skeptical of the GA fan club tickets, don't be, it was the best thing this band has ever done. I felt like I was seeing Pearl Jam in a small club but they only let people in if they can prove they truly love this music. Never felt a more intimate connection with any band in any setting. The band was clearly having a really good time too. Three hours start to finish and so much fun.

This was show #24 for me (1994-present) and definitely in the top three...but the whole experience was so unique it could be #1.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap: :crazy: :crazy: 8-) :-D :corn:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    jumbojet wrote:

Exactly. This is only the 3rd show of the tour and it is already becoming phenomenal. THis will be a sick, sick tour. :D
    This looks like a must-have boot like all Boston shows. :!:
    I wonder how night#2 setlist will look like. I want more Pendulum openers. It was the soundtrack to US tour promotion video, after all. :idea:

And just think, usually when they do back t back shows in the same venue. Night 2 is more often the best night of the 2, if this is true tonight... Wtf!!! Look out.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,169
    And to think Smile and Sleight of hand were crossed off the set list!!!! OMFkingG!!!

They're taking the piss surely! To leave those two songs off and still play the set they did is unbelievable!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Lauri wrote:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I believe there were 12 songs in the encore :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • CharliePCharlieP Posts: 1,035
    This setlist looks unreal. Lucky folks

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)