*** Worcester 1 Fanviews Here 10/15/13 ***

Comments

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    BinFrog wrote:
    A few of the good pics I took:
    ]

Awesome photos! I'm glad someone got them from approximately where I was standing cuz my phone died.

Although, I saw you during the encore and was like damn, even with GA tickets, BinFrog manages to be 2-3 rows in front of me at every show... :)
  • 18th show for me....1st show for my fiancé. A stipulation of our relationship was that she would have to tolerate my obsession with this band.

Anyway, she was REALLY hoping for Release as an opener and when I heard Pendulum, I thought "so much for her hopes" but then I realized there was nobody on stage playing Pendulum. She lost it...it was awesome.

For me, the whole show was as good as it gets...my favorite show before this was the Mansfield "experiment" with Buffalo '03 in second. I'm thinking this bumped Buffalo to third!

Crowd was great! Definitely a few people who just didn't care enough to be on the floor but overall a great group of people...

Till next time.... :D
  • So heres my $.02 on last nights show....
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS WICKED AWESOME!!!
    So i popped my GA cherry last night, I was fortunate to find someone to trade me their 10c for my 10c hartford tix( non-GA) my buddy threw in from Colorado for the show.....weve seen them a bunch & decided this was by far the best either of us have seen ( my now #2 is hartford 2010)
    The floor was absolutely amazing! I was about 20-30ish rows back...What an experience, I can only hope to God I can experience that again.
    I happen to be a bit to the leftish....McCready's side...im assuming I noticed something tonight I never have before, probably do to the closeness of my location to the stage & do to the side I was on...McCready is a fucking BEAST!
    This dude is a true showman in every sense of the word! He plays to the crowd, he interacts with the crowd to his right, in front of him, to the folks behind the stage! Truly a showman! I mean I dont even have to go into what a ridiculously sick guitarist he is, we all knew that...but Fuck...THAT DUDE IS MCNASTY!
    Killer energy at the show...the band seemed to really be into it...Ed went old school swinging on the lights was cool....crazy good set list.....The people around me were very cool, great people.....everyone was friends & lovin the show! Cant wait for hartford!
    Shoes...Shoes for my friends!
  • I was in GA standing / sitting against the rear rail and the sound was the best out of any arena show I've seen. Usually arenas aren't that great for sound, but from where we were standing, and had a clear view of the stage (pretty good for being so short), it was near perfect, tempo, hearing all instruments and Eddie, everything.

Setlist was pretty good too. ;)

However, one big letdown. The noise level for about the first have was pretty quiet! I actually could hear myself scream and I screamed to break up the silence a few times. So, quite lame when it came to audience noise and feedback, until the last third of the show. THat's when people finally woke up!
  • That opening was so strong! I love the stage design with the globes and tailpipe structure. They created so many different moods with that alone.

I'm glad to hear some folks that were closer said that the band was loving it. I was pretty far back in the GA section on Mike's side and at times he looked truly frustrated that the crowd wasn't more into it. I thought I caught him wave to the middle of the pack at one point and mimic "hello? are you guys there?" Obviously the ones directly in front of him were into it, but as a group, I feel we could have been more involved. Then, I actually thought that Ed bringing the lights up was a reaction to a lukewarm response to the chunk that started at Evenflow and ended with Corduroy. I'd love to hear that I've got this all wrong.

All of that said, the band's confidence and energy never wavered. They bust their asses up there ever single minute of every show. It was my friend's first show and he said at one point when he thought we'd get a one or two song encore "look at them go!" Indeed.

So next time folks, if you're normally a wallflower like me, a Pearl Jam show is a good excuse to move around a little. Got Some and the title track from Lightning Bolt really got me jumping. Now I'm resting my voice for Barclays Center on Saturday.
  • pjamfreakpjamfreak Posts: 44
    edited October 2013
    Me and my pal did 12 hours of car to see that amazing show !

Thanks guys for this great openers (Release and Long Road) with the finest closer ever (Sonic Reducer and Indifference) ! You blew my mind for my 15th Pearl Jam concert !

I wish i could be there tonight but i hope for more venues in summer 2014 in Canada or North East USA like the SPAC (Saratoga) or Québec City, Montréal , Toronto and Mansfield !

Thumbs up to Fatal, Leash and 2 new songs : Let the records play and Swallowed whole ! JUST GREAT !
    Post edited by pjamfreak on
    2000 : Montréal.
    2003 : Toronto & Montréal.
    2005 : Montréal & Québec City.
    2006 : Albany.
    2008 : Hartford, Mansfield I & II.
    2009 : Toronto.
    2011 : Montréal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa.
    2013 : Worcester I.
    2014 : Detroit.
    2016 : Québec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II, Boston I & II.
    2018 : Boston I & II.
    2022 : Quebec City & Ottawa.

EV : Montréal I & II in 2008. Hartford in 2011.

10-04-00, 06-28-03, 06-29-03, 09-15-05, 09-20-05, 05-12-06, 06-27-08, 06-28-08, 06-30-08, 08-09-08 (EV), 08-10-08 (EV), 08-21-09, 06-18-11 (EV), 09-07-11, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 09-14-11, 10-15-13, 10-16-14, 05-05-16; 05-08-16; 05-10-16; 05-12-16; 08-05-16, 08-07-16, 09-02-18, 09-04-18, 09-01-22 and 09-03-22.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    Was anybody allowed to bring bags in last night? It was unclear whether that was just for GA or not
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • driowadriowa Posts: 115
    Wow!
  • chainchain Posts: 336
    BinFrog wrote:
    I was blindsided by how good this show was.

It was an amazing Show...

And thanks to you and all the others 10clubbers i met yesterday!

Back to Montreal now... looking at the time... about an hour before Worcester 2...
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    awilkins wrote:
    Wow.

Ditto!

Triple Wow. I was at Pittsburgh and thought it was great, but this setlist is amazing. Cannot wait for the boot!
  • What a setlist!! Seems to be an excellent show!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• This was a life-changer! My first PJ concert (been obsessed forever, but never taken it on the road). All I can say is, Oh My God!!! My 16 year old daughter and I were about 10-12 feet from Ed's microphone in the GA....it was CRAAAAZY! Loved every minute of the 3 hour set! So happy to hear so many songs live and up close. Met some amazing fans from all over the world and I must say, the Pearl Jam community is by far, the BEST!!!! Thank you, 10 Club and I will be going again, ASAP :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense....

Vedder-Boston 6/16/2011
    Pearl Jam~Worcester, MA 10/15/2013
    Pearl Jam~Fenway Park 8/07/2016
  • Here goes... Night 1 Worcester... Where to begin from the opener of Release flowing into Long Road to the constant explosion of energy that seemed to build more and more with every song.My boyfriend and I had rail between Jeff and Eddie and the pure emotion and force of how the band played up and up where you thought there was no where left to go... They reached higher and higher!!! We have Ben to many shows but this was truly amazing. To top it all... Not that the music itself wasn't gift enough we received the signed album from Eddie following Just Breathe. It was a humbling experience to say the least. We would like to thank Ed and the whole band for such a precious gift which will never leave our thankful hands. Also to all the fellow Ten Clubers old and new friends we met along the way thank you also... We had the privilege to have great peolple around us who we consider our extended family... To helping out in line to keeping each other safe in the show..... Thank You and until next time keep on rocking in the free world...PEACE LOVE HAPPINESS :)
    Flubby
  • ks276262 wrote:
    Here goes... Night 1 Worcester... Where to begin from the opener of Release flowing into Long Road to the constant explosion of energy that seemed to build more and more with every song.My boyfriend and I had rail between Jeff and Eddie and the pure emotion and force of how the band played up and up where you thought there was no where left to go... They reached higher and higher!!! We have Ben to many shows but this was truly amazing. To top it all... Not that the music itself wasn't gift enough we received the signed album from Eddie following Just Breathe. It was a humbling experience to say the least. We would like to thank Ed and the whole band for such a precious gift which will never leave our thankful hands. Also to all the fellow Ten Clubers old and new friends we met along the way thank you also... We had the privilege to have great peolple around us who we consider our extended family... To helping out in line to keeping each other safe in the show..... Thank You and until next time keep on rocking in the free world...PEACE LOVE HAPPINESS :)
    wow i was wondering who got the vinyl! so awesome! :thumbup:
    Hartford '08 | Hartford '10 | Worcester I '13 | Fenway 1 '16 | Fenway 2 '18 | Fenway 2 '24
  • I'm glad to hear some folks that were closer said that the band was loving it. I was pretty far back in the GA section on Mike's side and at times he looked truly frustrated that the crowd wasn't more into it. I thought I caught him wave to the middle of the pack at one point and mimic "hello? are you guys there?" Obviously the ones directly in front of him were into it, but as a group, I feel we could have been more involved. Then, I actually thought that Ed bringing the lights up was a reaction to a lukewarm response to the chunk that started at Evenflow and ended with Corduroy. I'd love to hear that I've got this all wrong.

No, I was in GA, the crowd was lackluster, at best. That was the only disappointment.

Here, I'm thinking that they brought GA back to get the people in front full of energy and pumped up. But, sadly us Americans are seemingly complete bores when it comes to getting excited at a show. Lame!
  • I'm glad to hear some folks that were closer said that the band was loving it. I was pretty far back in the GA section on Mike's side and at times he looked truly frustrated that the crowd wasn't more into it. I thought I caught him wave to the middle of the pack at one point and mimic "hello? are you guys there?" Obviously the ones directly in front of him were into it, but as a group, I feel we could have been more involved. Then, I actually thought that Ed bringing the lights up was a reaction to a lukewarm response to the chunk that started at Evenflow and ended with Corduroy. I'd love to hear that I've got this all wrong.

No, I was in GA, the crowd was lackluster, at best. That was the only disappointment.

Here, I'm thinking that they brought GA back to get the people in front full of energy and pumped up. But, sadly us Americans are seemingly complete bores when it comes to getting excited at a show. Lame!

This was show 39 for me (was supposed to go to Wu#2 for big 40 but was sick :( ). Regardless. I had what amounted to the worst seats in the house. I forewent the opportunity for GA and got tix with 7 friends in the last row of section 31x....Mike's side, back against the concrete. From my view, the pit/GA looked great. Obviously tons of energy on the rail. The middle section looked less involved but not 'out of it'. Perhaps I'm just jealous...but I was really impressed by the lack of phone usage I saw on the floor. Up near me, it was like a high school classroom... a smartphone open per person.

The venue itself had a nice sound and intimate feel. HOWEVER, it had to be the worst venue operation I have ever seen in the states. Foremost the security lines were absurd. Secondly, in the concourse, the staggered beer and bathroom lines were so full that it was impossible to navigate. It took many people over 30 minutes from door to seat. That's incredibly bad. None of that reflects on Pearl Jam, but for a recently renovated arena I was woefully underwhelmed.

that's enough naval gazing. The show was really great. I went with a few 'part time' fans who were seeing PJ live for the first time. Each was impressed in their own way. Comments about songs they had never heard, about the spartan yet powerful stage display, classics noodled with delight and perfection. I could go on, but the band killed it. I love when they are obviously happy; the tone of the night was uplifting which was a win. Eddie's node to Boston Strong was tasteful, but not intrusive. I am always impressed by these guys and I appreciated this night quite a bit.
  • marc34marc34 Posts: 221
    I demand an 'instant classic" release
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • chainchain Posts: 336
    Like i said before on this thread, this was my 10th show...

Had a blast with all the 10clubbers around me all night... and all day!!!

Think Bin Frog was with me outside the building waiting...

I was the french canadian dude from Montreal with my buddy Alex who brought is little speakers waiting for the show... had number "38" on my hand...

Thank you all for a great time...

And the setlist... oh my god!!!!

Release... Long Road!!!??? this was so amazing.... and then all the new stuff... and oh.... SONIC REDUCER followed by Indifference at the End!!!!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • this show is right up there with MSG2 and Philly 3/4. wow it was amazing. first time getting Release then following that up with Long Road was unreal. it was a very energetic crowd and i loved how talkative Ed was. a ton of rarities but its awesome how the greatest hits still get everyone so pumped up. the new songs live are awesome. Sirens and Yellow Moon are so powerful and I'd have no problem seeing Mind Your Manners and Lightning Bolt at every show. Words dont do this show justice and I still can never explain the feeling I get during the ending of Alive when the lights are on and Ed is dancing around everywhere. I wish everyone can experience this. 2 shows down, 2 to go!
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
    I'm glad to hear some folks that were closer said that the band was loving it. I was pretty far back in the GA section on Mike's side and at times he looked truly frustrated that the crowd wasn't more into it. I thought I caught him wave to the middle of the pack at one point and mimic "hello? are you guys there?" Obviously the ones directly in front of him were into it, but as a group, I feel we could have been more involved. Then, I actually thought that Ed bringing the lights up was a reaction to a lukewarm response to the chunk that started at Evenflow and ended with Corduroy. I'd love to hear that I've got this all wrong.

Very interesting, because I thought the GA crowd was incredible where I was, which was about 6-7 people back sort of between Mike and Jeff's mics. Of course, I am a short female, so I could basically see about 5 people on each side of me. I think you may have misread Mike though, he seemed really into the crowd the whole show. As he was leaving the stage he said "bye" to as many people as he could one by one. I don't know if he usually does that, but I thought it was really cute. I dunno, I had a blast in the GA Mike area.
    EP50619 wrote:
    Perhaps I'm just jealous...but I was really impressed by the lack of phone usage I saw on the floor. Up near me, it was like a high school classroom... a smartphone open per person.

At both Worcester shows I was quite impressed with the level of smart phone usage. Until Tuesday night, I hadn't seen PJ since 2010-- there's a lot more pulling out your phone for entire shows these days then there was back then. I've been to a couple other arena shows in the past year or so and it's like the entire thing is about taking pictures and posting to facebook/instagram/twitter. I did not see this at nearly this level at PJ, which to me suggest that people are actually trying to be present and take in the show, which is awesome.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Lauri wrote:
    the GA Mike area.
    McCreadyville. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Mike played a very brief snippet of Sick as a Dog, I think when they were walking back to the front of the stage after playing Last Kiss.
  • this show is right up there with MSG2 and Philly 3/4. wow it was amazing.

I was at all of these shows and I agree completely
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'm glad to hear some folks that were closer said that the band was loving it. I was pretty far back in the GA section on Mike's side and at times he looked truly frustrated that the crowd wasn't more into it. I thought I caught him wave to the middle of the pack at one point and mimic "hello? are you guys there?" Obviously the ones directly in front of him were into it, but as a group, I feel we could have been more involved.

I did my part up front, Mike's side, night 1.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • btcs41btcs41 Posts: 26
    Lauri wrote:

Very interesting, because I thought the GA crowd was incredible where I was, which was about 6-7 people back sort of between Mike and Jeff's mics. Of course, I am a short female, so I could basically see about 5 people on each side of me. I think you may have misread Mike though, he seemed really into the crowd the whole show. As he was leaving the stage he said "bye" to as many people as he could one by one. I don't know if he usually does that, but I thought it was really cute. I dunno, I had a blast in the GA Mike area.

I agree Lauri. I was in the 'middle of the pack' between jeff and mike. Mike never seemed like he wanted more from us. I think he was super engaged. That said, it was not a mosh pit around me (probably 15 rows back) but people were generally in a dancy mood. There were a lot of 'brahs' there just smoking up, but it never felt dead--more like people enjoying themselves. Hey, the crowd is a bit older now--we aren't going to jump through the roof all night similar to the way Eddie will not climb up to the rafters anymore. I had a blast. Band looked like they had a blast. Ergo, one happy concert goer. I've been spoiled with Spectrum shows and Wrigley, but this is right up there with those epic endeavors.
  • Lauri wrote:
    I think you may have misread Mike though, he seemed really into the crowd the whole show. As he was leaving the stage he said "bye" to as many people as he could one by one. I don't know if he usually does that, but I thought it was really cute. I dunno, I had a blast in the GA Mike area.

Glad to hear that. I had a blast too, just assumed the fan club pit would be more active. There was still a boat load of happy fans, this one included.
  • Its now friday day three after my 1st EVER Pearl Jam concert !!! I had waited over twenty years for the experience which turned out to be more moving than I could have ever imagined...My daughter in law and I drove from upstate NY and arrived at 3...At the will call window staff was so awesome informative and nice, told us if we wanted to get a good spot on the floor go to door 16...why not? three hours of mingling with other ten club members...We got to stand up against the rail on right side of the stage next to two awesome guys who travel to follow Pearl Jam all over the world! So nice and had our backs as they could tell we were 'virgins' to the GA...I never in a million years thought I would ever have Eddie Vedder (whom I have always called -my Vedderman) pour his wine into my cup but ALSO touch hands with me and that moment was captured and on this site in photos..( bare arm brown bracelet) I was in a total trance not being able to process what the hell had just happened...I was quiet at times during the concert only because I was so captivated by the entire experience, savoring every precious second I was so blessed to experience...Eddie is REAL, to me a true kindred spirit that enables so many of us to connect to...The band in its entirety is awesome...Sound was awesome, his voice live is just as haunting as on the records and he to me is the sexiest man alive!!! I make that judgement on not only his intent eyes and adorable dimples but also on his character ,his love for human kindness and his passion in everything he holds dear to himself in values moral's etc..its in the way he presents himself is the most moving thing of all...being so close to stage , we could also tell Eddie is still a quite shy person, eye contact to the crowd was still to me not easy on his part...that too blew me away, WOW!!! STILL SHY after all these years...then 'yup, I love him even the more as he is still so real and hasn't let these two decades plus some, alter his true core self...love you Vedderman, the rest of the band and you awesome TEN CLUB FANS!!!!!
  • Lauri wrote:
    EP50619 wrote:
    Perhaps I'm just jealous...but I was really impressed by the lack of phone usage I saw on the floor. Up near me, it was like a high school classroom... a smartphone open per person.

At both Worcester shows I was quite impressed with the level of smart phone usage. Until Tuesday night, I hadn't seen PJ since 2010-- there's a lot more pulling out your phone for entire shows these days then there was back then. I've been to a couple other arena shows in the past year or so and it's like the entire thing is about taking pictures and posting to facebook/instagram/twitter. I did not see this at nearly this level at PJ, which to me suggest that people are actually trying to be present and take in the show, which is awesome.

There was a woman in front of me facetiming a relative the entire show in the pit. About 6-7 people back from Stone. Her son (I'm assuming) that was with her was a little more attentive to the people behind them. I apologize for complaining if this is someone on here haha.
  • Lauri wrote:
    EP50619 wrote:

There was a woman in front of me facetiming a relative the entire show in the pit. About 6-7 people back from Stone. Her son (I'm assuming) that was with her was a little more attentive to the people behind them. I apologize for complaining if this is someone on here haha.