*** Worcester 1 Fanviews Here 10/15/13 ***

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    Show #7 for me was Wrigley. I figured it might take years to see a show nearly as good. Then show #8 happened last night.

Just amazing.

Release --> Long Road...LEASH...FATAL...Man of the Hour...NAIS...did it really happen?

The new stuff sounds great. The crowd was hot and responded well even to new songs they didn't know.

The band was on fire. Mike McCready is truly a maestro on stage. We had Stone-side seats and that somehow made it easier to see Mike.

Am pretty sure Eddie was/is sick. He kept blowing his nose, spitting, wiping at one of his ears. He also went through about a dozen wine bottles that had to have been filled with something other than wine. As I was watching I was genuinely concerned they were going to go short...

...then the first set stretched out for twenty songs and an 1:40...

...and then they just kept playing.

I'm blown away. What can they do tonight? I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    nevmiles wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    McCready_zpsbd22dff7.jpg

Absolutely love this motherfucker 8-)
    He entertained me for 3 hours last night like no man with a guitar, not even Eddie Van Halen, can.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    JimmyV wrote:
    Show #7 for me was Wrigley. I figured it might take years to see a show nearly as good. Then show #8 happened last night.

Just amazing.

Release --> Long Road...LEASH...FATAL...Man of the Hour...NAIS...did it really happen?

The new stuff sounds great. The crowd was hot and responded well even to new songs they didn't know.

The band was on fire. Mike McCready is truly a maestro on stage. We had Stone-side seats and that somehow made it easier to see Mike.

Am pretty sure Eddie was/is sick. He kept blowing his nose, spitting, wiping at one of his ears. He also went through about a dozen wine bottles that had to have been filled with something other than wine. As I was watching I was genuinely concerned they were going to go short...

...then the first set stretched out for twenty songs and an 1:40...

...and then they just kept playing.

I'm blown away. What can they do tonight? I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!

Yeah you might be right about Ed.

Also,

What the hell are they going to do tonight??
  • Last night for me was my first GA experience sinie being up against the rail in Barrie 98. I was about 4-5 deep on mike's side last night and it was fantastic. The set was amazing, the crowd was electric and the band was spot on.

Unfortunately, there were to real sad excuses for PJ fans beside/behind/on top/in front if me throughout the show. Very belligerent, sloppy, disrespectful and it was weighing on those in the immediate area. Fists were nearly thrown at one point between one of them and a fan who had his tolerance pushed to the edge. Unfortunate that these two selfish people could have a ripple effect on 6-8 people around them. It was a woman in an army green coloured Easy Street Records shirt and a dude in a red 2005 Canadian tour tshirt. I highly doubt either of them are on this forum (or can even read) but if you are, your actions were childish and disrespectful and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I digress.

The story Ed shared about the cops beating a dude up back in the day was really funny. He mentioned 5 cops against 1 guy and I thought he was telling the story about how Animal came to be. Ended up playing Leash next and I was balls out singing along.

All in all it was a fantastic show. Everyone (minus the two assholes) around our area was phenomenal. Made the experience that much better. I can't wait for tonight. My last show of the tour I hope it's a right ripper. I don't see how it can top last night though.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    What a show.

I'm still reliving so many highlights from last night. Had GA tickets, showed up at 7pm, walked right in, and was able to sit around until 8ish and was about 20 rows back in the middle (about halfway back in GA). It was a great spot. The arena was a great fit for this show. It's the size of a minor league hockey arena, was packed, and the place was loud. You could really see the band feel the energy early on. That was pretty cool to see. And I think that's where some folks have mentioned the show was choppy. The crowd was going nuts, full on energy, for all the known songs, especially the rare ones. For the new ones, while they did sound great live, the crowd didn't feel them as much so the energy would slow down during these parts. But overall it was fine with me. Because those highs were something else. Truly amazing to feel so much passion and having everyone belting the songs out.

Seeing Release open is just amazing. I can't really picture a better opening song. The band was on fire. I brought my girl to the show who isn't a diehard and had never seen PJ before. She was floored. She was truly impressed by how much passion and energy the band had, how cool the set looked, and the quality of the performance. She loved it. I got her hooked!
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • 9 records represented plus Lost Dogs! Great show!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Lauri wrote:
    I actually cried physical tears three times tonight (not like sobbing, but like when you're hormonal and water comes out of your eyes during commercials for the ASPCA). This happened 1) during Release when everyone sang, "I wait up in the dark..." 2) when everyone in the crowd around me spontaneously threw their hands in the air and sang "troubled souls unite!" and 3) when Eddie talked about Howard Zinn.

If you are skeptical of the GA fan club tickets, don't be, it was the best thing this band has ever done. I felt like I was seeing Pearl Jam in a small club but they only let people in if they can prove they truly love this music. Never felt a more intimate connection with any band in any setting. The band was clearly having a really good time too. Three hours start to finish and so much fun.

This was show #24 for me (1994-present) and definitely in the top three...but the whole experience was so unique it could be #1.

Agreed! So intimate and such a phenomenal experience. Eddie's connection with the crowd was astonishing. Made so many friends around me in GA as well. Went home completely spent but couldn't sleep because I had such a buzz off the show! Trying to go again tonight but have tix for Brooklyn too- the weekend can't come soon enough!!!
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • Amazing show. I am so appreciative that Eddie mentioned the bombings, it means a lot to New Englanders and I really think Eddie sensed our love in our pearl jam community. Great freinds being together listening to a great show.
  • ruikenruiken Posts: 23
    Wow, what can I say, definitely worth the trip from Norway! The show had a sort of Wrigley energy over it - nice!!! Now on for day 2, going to be another good one!!! Enjoy folks!
    2000-06-29 Oslo - 2000-06-30 Roskilde - 2012-07-09 Oslo - 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field - 2013-10-15 Worcester - 2013-10-16 Worcester - 2014-06-26 Wuhlheide Berlin
  • JimmyV wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
    FATAL!!! Sounded so freaking good!
    Hail, Hail, Save You, Red Mosquito were other highlights for me.

Looks to me that Swallowed Whole will be the new piss break song. I didnt see that many people leaving during the infamous piss break song Evenflow.... Just an observation.

Ed was in classic Boston form... asked for a 4th bottle of wine while opening the 3rd.

I had seats last night but was just curious... Did the people in the pit realize that they were being filmed? They focused on the same girl crying during Man of the Hour for quite a while. I almost started crying watching her cry! But I got in some good tears during Release, and Indifference. Man, all I need is the first few notes off Jeff's bass on Indifference and I start to lose it.

Such a great show. So glad I didnt miss this one like I thought I was going to.
    Now, lets do it all again in a few hours :D
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Jay1187Jay1187 Posts: 119
    Amazing show. I am so appreciative that Eddie mentioned the bombings, it means a lot to New Englanders and I really think Eddie sensed our love in our pearl jam community. Great freinds being together listening to a great show.

Eddie also had a Boston Strong Patch sewed in on his jacket. My 9th show and probably the best one. I really wish I was going tonight.
    Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 ,Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, TD Garden - May 24, 2006, TD Garden - May 25, 2006
    Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008, Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008, TD Garden - May 17, 2010, DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013, Fenway 1 August 5, 2016
    Fenway 2 August 7, 2016, Wrigley 2 August 20, 2018, Fenway 1 Sept 2, 2018, Fenway 2 Sept 4, 2018, MSG Sept 11, 2022
  • Had such a great night, I still am in awe as to what I just witnessed! gonna have to agree with everyone elses standout moments from last night. and to think that Sleight of Hand, Smile and Black were all scratched from the setlist! I'll take it though because Whipping and Corduroy were two great late set additions, the crowd was cooking by that point and they just powered on, one of the best versions of Corduroy I've heard.

Also, since when is Nothing As It Seems a piss break song?!?! i cannot believe how many people in my section got up and left for that one! I know a lot of people around these parts don't care about Let The Records Play but goddamn what a groove! McCready was shredding the shit out of that song, I loved it!! 10C with the hookup in section 124 row A, for only being a member for 5 years I was beyond impressed that I scored those seats considering the amount of longtime members that were at the show.

Kinda glad I'm not going again tonight since I didn't get back until 2:30 and am now working off 4 hours of sleep hahaha...I might have a decent excuse to visit my parents in Western Mass and hit up the Hartford show next week though!

THANK YOU PJ :clap::clap::clap:
    Hartford '08 | Hartford '10 | Worcester I '13 | Fenway 1 '16 | Fenway 2 '18 | Fenway 2 '24
  • nevmiles wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    McCready_zpsbd22dff7.jpg

Absolutely love this motherfucker 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Last night was fucking AWESOME!!!!! One of the best PJ shows I've been to in a long time. What a great set list and energy! For me, nothing will beat the 2003 July trifecta of shows in Mansfield, MA....but this one came close! So happy....a big thanks to Pearl Jam for an amazing night. :D See you again tonight!
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Poncier wrote:
    There I was less than 10 feet from the master witnessing this and thinking "Dimi would love this". This board does strange things to people. :mrgreen:
    i agree..this board do this!!the connection we have to eachother,"the usual suspects" we are here every day is something unique!!!glad you had a blast!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BELLZDEEPBELLZDEEP Posts: 289
    Blind3 wrote:
    Was able to hear Sleight of Hand , Habit , and Sleeping by Myself in sound check so the day/night started with a bang

what time did they soundcheck?

....the show left me with no words (and no voice).....AMAZING!!
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    Amazing show. I am so appreciative that Eddie mentioned the bombings, it means a lot to New Englanders and I really think Eddie sensed our love in our pearl jam community. Great freinds being together listening to a great show.

Yeah I forgot to mention it (others may have done so), but Ed's jacket he was wearing early on had a B Strong patch on the arm. Cheers, PJ.
  • Don't adjust your Internet connection, that setlist is real.

Spot on. It was real. And it was awesome.
  • Are the GA tickets only given to ten club members?
    Buffalo '96
    Albany '03
    Albany '06
    Mansfield I '08
    Hartford '13
    Detroit '14
    Fenway 1 '16
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Sound check around 4 and until about 4:30 or 4:40 .
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    Absolutely SICK setlist! Love it and would absolutely take this setlist in Charlottesville or Charlotte (maybe swap in Baba for Sonic Reducer). Wish I had been there last night.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
    JimmyV wrote:

I had seats last night but was just curious... Did the people in the pit realize that they were being filmed?

THe TV screens were pretty good but they were at odd angles to see from GA. I was bout 20 rows back from the stage so I could see them but you had to look out of your way to do so. I would imagine those even closer to the stage had a much worse angle for the screens...so no?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
    GD274660 wrote:

Nice job on the video. Eddie sounded great last night but you could really see how energetic the crowd was...and this was the opener! Just a taste. I think the small venue really added to this. Must've sounded great on stage.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    estarr31 wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

I had seats last night but was just curious... Did the people in the pit realize that they were being filmed?

THe TV screens were pretty good but they were at odd angles to see from GA. I was bout 20 rows back from the stage so I could see them but you had to look out of your way to do so. I would imagine those even closer to the stage had a much worse angle for the screens...so no?

We had seats...section 124 (awesome sightlines) but had no idea the screens were even there until the show started. They were up high.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Blind3 wrote:
    Was able to hear Sleight of Hand , Habit , and Sleeping by Myself in sound check so the day/night started with a bang.

My son and I were walking past the GA waiting line when we heard 'Sleight of hand' in sound check. We ran up some sidesteps and put our ears up to the door separating us from the music......we could feel the vibration of every note on our ears and faces! Of course we soon were shooed away by security, but I just love those exciting pre-show moments!
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • After looking at this set list I am beyond excited to see them on Friday and Saturday in Brooklyn. I am bringing a friend that has never seen them live to each show.. i cant wait to see their minds get blown!!! :D:D:D
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    double openers!LEASH! What a show.What a night.

Eddie was having a really good time last night. I think they had to drag him off the stage.

Bravo Woo and Bravo PJ
  • KnishKnish Posts: 53
    How was the process of getting 10C tickets?
    Organized?
    There are two kinds of women, one that takes your strength, and one that gives you strength

My next Pearl Jam show will be my 50th

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737
    Unfortunately, there were to real sad excuses for PJ fans beside/behind/on top/in front if me throughout the show. Very belligerent, sloppy, disrespectful and it was weighing on those in the immediate area. Fists were nearly thrown at one point between one of them and a fan who had his tolerance pushed to the edge. Unfortunate that these two selfish people could have a ripple effect on 6-8 people around them. It was a woman in an army green coloured Easy Street Records shirt and a dude in a red 2005 Canadian tour tshirt. I highly doubt either of them are on this forum (or can even read) but if you are, your actions were childish and disrespectful and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I digress.

I was right behind these two - they were pretty wasted. I don't mind people bouncing around at shows around me but they were a little over the top with slamming into people and getting in their faces. The girl gave one guy a forearm to the head for apparently no good reason...he was a good sport, kept his cool. Kept trying to talk her into relaxing a bit.

Can't wait for night two!!!!!! The energy tonight will be intense.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018