Options

Damaged vault vinyl (Update: I got the replacement)

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    -Vault Vinyl #3 issues will be dealt with after release 10/15/13.

Hope that means they have extras.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    All the extra tape and plastic strapping had to have been done by the shipper. It should've never reached you in that condition. Good luck with the 10c.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Why is everyone hoping they will have extras?

They will have extras. They announced that they will have extras way back during the pre-sale.

When they take care of all of the legit issues with vault #3 (after 10/15/13), shortly after they are satisfied that all issues are resolved, they will release the remaining for-sale stock (likely leaving enough left over for the handful of new shipping issues or product defects that could arise).

Sucks, that the OP's copy got so destroyed. I hope yours is the first to re-ship.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Why is everyone hoping they will have extras?

They will have extras. They announced that they will have extras way back during the pre-sale.

When they take care of all of the legit issues with vault #3 (after 10/15/13), shortly after they are satisfied that all issues are resolved, they will release the remaining for-sale stock (likely leaving enough left over for the handful of new shipping issues or product defects that could arise).

Sucks, that the OP's copy got so destroyed. I hope yours is the first to re-ship.

Santos posted recently there would be no additional copies for sale.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Filed a claim today with the USPS. Not that I expect anything to happen but I couldn't let this go. This is the most damaged piece of mail I think I've ever received. And to boot it was probably the most anticipated piece of mail as well. Still waiting to hear back from 10C. I see that they said that they aren't dealing with any issues until after Lightning Bolt but just an email to say what they intend to do or if they have extra copies and that I can relax. It really sucks not knowing how this is going to turn out.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    youngster wrote:
    Filed a claim today with the USPS. Not that I expect anything to happen but I couldn't let this go. This is the most damaged piece of mail I think I've ever received. And to boot it was probably the most anticipated piece of mail as well. Still waiting to hear back from 10C. I see that they said that they aren't dealing with any issues until after Lightning Bolt but just an email to say what they intend to do or if they have extra copies and that I can relax. It really sucks not knowing how this is going to turn out.

I would also file with UPS since they were the ones that did most of the handling-they were the 'middleman' in the delivery.

Once,I had placed an order (different company) and UPS had left my package out in the rain, then wrapped it up in tape to keep it held together, knocked on my door and delivered a soggy dripping wet box. I called and made them come back and take it back.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    youngster wrote:

I would also file with UPS since they were the ones that did most of the handling-they were the 'middleman' in the delivery.

Once,I had placed an order (different company) and UPS had left my package out in the rain, then wrapped it up in tape to keep it held together, knocked on my door and delivered a soggy dripping wet box. I called and made them come back and take it back.

Great point. I was barely able to get to the post office today before they closed. It's been a crazy work week where I have been working 10+ hours all week. I will definitely file a claim with UPS as well.

• Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    ^^^^ Sadly I see USPS blaming UPS and UPS blaming USPS. The "benefits" for them both to offer Mail Innovations is there is no accountability along with that incredibly slow shipping! :fp: :nono:
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i guarantee there are extras and i hope you get this resolved.

there are extras of EVERYTHING in the 10C warehouse. how about all of those benny halls they have been auctioning off in recent time? guarantee they have around 100 bennys in storage.
  • Options
    I still haven't received any correspondence from the 10c. I know they said they weren't dealing with any vault vinyl issues until after next Tuesday. Have a bad feeling that since mine came so late, they will go in order of other peoples issues, mail extras out and when they get to mine they wont have any left. Kind of strange they wouldn't even send an email back saying they are aware of the issue, or that it will be taken care of next week. If it wasn't for the good folks posting here, I wouldn't have seen Santos' post in the other thread. We'll see what happens next week.

• Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    Of course 10c will have extras for situations like this. I don't understand why anyone is assuming otherwise. 10c has to replace damaged.items for every single mailing they ever do. They will have extras to replace damaged ones as a matter of course I should think. From what I've heard 10c is usually pretty good with these kinds of issues.

Those photos of the ruined vinyl are shocking though!! I am stunned that whoever was present for the destruction just kept sending it along. The company should have.contacted their client, 10c, and let them know what happened and worked with them to make sure a usable item was delivered. Yes, unrealistic (yet reasonable) expectations, bit that is what.ought to happen. Well hopefully 10c is taking it all in and will be confronting mail innovations all the problems.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    ouch!
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Wow!! Ron Jeremy couldn't have fucked that any harder.... :shock:

Only read a few pages, did you get a replacement or refund?

EDIT: Saw your post on this page. Good luck... :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    A quick update:

While I was waiting for the Worcester 1 show to start I received an email from 10c stating that they have processed the "return" (even though I wont be returning this since they dont really resemble records anymore). They have already shipped out a replacement. The only downside is they are still using the Mail Innovations which is how this whole situation started. Fingers are crossed that this replacement gets to me in pristine condition. Thank you 10c for being prompt with this issue and taking care of it even though it wasn't you're fault. Thank you so much. I will update again when the replacement arrives.

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    :clap::clap: great job 10c

Now, let's quit this mail innovation business
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It looks like they are using different packaging for different people's orders maybe?? I received mine on Tuesday, and I have never seen anything more securely packaged. There is no chance that this could have been damaged like yours was because of the insanely good protection of the packaging. There was at least half a foot of bubble wrap tightly suspending the record in a huge, incredibly strong box. Even if it had been run over the album would have been fine. It doesn't look like your package was like mine at all...
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    So, did they send a defective item for a destroyed item?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It looks like they are using different packaging for different people's orders maybe?? I received mine on Tuesday, and I have never seen anything more securely packaged. There is no chance that this could have been damaged like yours was because of the insanely good protection of the packaging. There was at least half a foot of bubble wrap tightly suspending the record in a huge, incredibly strong box. Even if it had been run over the album would have been fine. It doesn't look like your package was like mine at all...

all that cross hatch tape was NOT on mine
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

all that cross hatch tape was NOT on mine
    Mine neither. It was beautifully packaged with just clean single strips of packing tape sealing it closed at the edges... It was actually the best packaging I've ever seen on anything I've ever had mailed to me, lol.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    youngster wrote:
    A quick update:

While I was waiting for the Worcester 1 show to start I received an email from 10c stating that they have processed the "return" (even though I wont be returning this since they dont really resemble records anymore). They have already shipped out a replacement. The only downside is they are still using the Mail Innovations which is how this whole situation started. Fingers are crossed that this replacement gets to me in pristine condition. Thank you 10c for being prompt with this issue and taking care of it even though it wasn't you're fault. Thank you so much. I will update again when the replacement arrives.
    Awesome Marc! :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Great news!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive! Makes me nervous!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    that's great to hear that 10C is sending out a replacement...good on you 10C :thumbup: Now the wait starts again before you can play it :)

Just want to say for other people out there still waiting....mine came in perfect condition, so they aren't all packaged bad
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    ALL IS WELL IN MY VINYL WORLD!!!!! :D:D:D:D

A million thank you's to the Ten Club for sending me a replacement vinyl that is in the absolute stellar condition it is supposed to be. Thank you for making good on this unfortunate incident that was not your fault but you took responsibility and made an avid Pearl Jam fan in Boston one happy camper. You guys get a lot of flack for stupid shit but it's times like this you guys really shine as an organization and prove that we are not customers to you, we are fellow fans and you treat us as such. Thanks again for being awesome. You guys rock, every one of ya. :clap::clap:

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    youngster wrote:

A million thank you's to the Ten Club for sending me a replacement vinyl that is in the absolute stellar condition it is supposed to be. Thank you for making good on this unfortunate incident that was not your fault but you took responsibility and made an avid Pearl Jam fan in Boston one happy camper. You guys get a lot of flack for stupid shit but it's times like this you guys really shine as an organization and prove that we are not customers to you, we are fellow fans and you treat us as such. Thanks again for being awesome. You guys rock, every one of ya. :clap::clap:

You've obviously listened to it?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    pjradio wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Yeah, I'd chill out until I actually listened to it.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Yeah, I'd chill out until I actually listened to it.

I wouldn't call myself a vinyl expert but I took it out of their sleeves and they look stunning. I will listen to it. But I am confident they will be fine. I think the folks with Lightning Bolt vinyls have more to worry about.

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Nice! Glad to see this was made right
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    youngster wrote:

:clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome my Boston buddy! Now crank it up!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful