Options

"Sirens" Single + Video

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640

Black has alot of piano at studio version..at live we dont listen it at all
    and our boys have good taste about art,will not put this crap ideas at the video clip
    What? The Fixer video says otherwise. :)
    its a video played live!!!if they show Eddie as do some hydraulic work or Stone build a fence,i would agree with you!! :P
    Oh, I would have preferred if they had done that! :lol: Everyone in overalls, fixing stuff. Jeff accidentally hammers his thumb, Mike stands back to admire the shelf that he fixed... That would have been so awesome. :lol: ..... :think: As someone who has never cared at all about music videos, it seems that all I truly want from any of them is that they be ridiculous, sarcastic, and funny. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh, I would have preferred if they had done that! :lol: Everyone in overalls, fixing stuff. Jeff accidentally hammers his thumb, Mike stands back to admire the shelf that he fixed... That would have been so awesome. :lol: ..... :think: As someone who has never cared at all about music videos, it seems that all I truly want from any of them is that they be ridiculous, sarcastic, and funny. :lol:
    Mike will be the guy,break things...and will be like oopps.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,640
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's making me want to get some 10c members together and make our own video for The Fixer. Would be fun. :lol: :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    It's making me want to get some 10c members together and make our own video for The Fixer. Would be fun. :lol: :P
    fuckin great idea..europe 14 is a go.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    alright, fuckers...I'm inching on board this train. Starting to get into this tune
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    alright, fuckers...I'm inching on board this train. Starting to get into this tune
    Like the song of the siren (Greek myth version, google it) it will get us all in the end.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Like the song of the siren (Greek myth version, google it) it will get us all in the end.

• Options

• Options
    knitted wrote:
    tumblr_lvdp84JHjx1r4ghkoo1_250.gif
  • Options
    was about fuckin time...

taxi-drive-clap.gif
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I never understood why people hate that video so much. I like the video just fine - see nothing wrong with it... it's just that that terrible song ruins it.

The Fixer is a great song.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    With Sirens I still think they should have picked one ending; The "Fear goes away", the aah--ooohs or the Mike Solo... not sort of have them all and turning the songs ending into Return of the King. I have a feeling I will prefer the Radio edit when I get a chance to hear it.

And the piano parts should have been skipped, and the tone of the song and guitars should have been a bit more moodier like NAIS (or Binaural as a whole).

Still a really nice song, but they just crammed too much into it with a bloated result, like the music video to November Rain. I'm lucky we didn't get one of those videos for Sirens. Mike playing guitar next to a church, and slowmo shots of Eddie getting married.

yes, yes, yes!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    Can't wait to hear this live! It's been on repeat so much that I can imagine at the show I'll be wondering why I only get to hear it once. :wink: I'll be looking for the repeat button...wait a minute! Play it again! Good thing I'm going to 4 shows.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I'm thinking mike gets a long solo during this song. Can't fucking wait.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    LloydXmas wrote:
    I'm thinking mike gets a long solo during this song. Can't fucking wait.

What I was thinking too. I think we can expect an extended solo from Mike that absolutely shreds your soul. Definitely think this song will push the 7-8 minute mark live.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Nah, Lightning Bolt had an extended solo during the Wrigley Show. THAT song should be the shredding solo song off this one.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    I can't wait until OK City! I love Sirens and every thing else I have heard so far... Since 1992! (yea I know I was still way into Axl and GNR in 91 I was a Freshman in High School) I hate when people compare time frames of music. When I first heard Ten I was a kid in high school. When I hear Lighting Bolt, I am closing in on 40 with a wife and two kids. Why are people still comparing this band to the way they were 20+ years ago? I'm glad I am not judged by who I was back then. Just like most of their music Pearl Jam's new music is speaking to me from where I am in my life. I have loved growing up... old with this band!
    Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 138
    I think Sirens is the best song from them in ages....honestly.

I just love the maturity of the lyrics...this is the viewpoint of a man in his late 40s, entering the second half of his life, and not the angsty Eddie of the 90s...and I love it.

I find the lyrics to be so touching and deep..."I hear the sirens more and more in this here town..." I'm way before the point in my life where the sirens at night will be anything but an annoying noise, but Eddie is, and it really makes you think...now that he's older he hears them more and more and when he does he knows what they mean and they make him think of his own mortality....

I just really love it and hope he nails it live.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    GD274660 wrote:
    Nah, Lightning Bolt had an extended solo during the Wrigley Show. THAT song should be the shredding solo song off this one.

I agree
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    It is sad to see the band churn out these bland songs on two consecutive records. I don't know what happened to these guys. Change is inevitable in a band, but that doesn't mean they should get a pass for songs like sirens and just breathe. These songs lack any of the depth or edge of their earlier ballads.

Worst of all is that we now have two records filled with really energy killing songs which are now peppered into their live set-lists. This affects the vibe and energy of the whole live show. It was brutal last tour to sit through those string ensembles playing just breathe and the end for 20 minutes in the middle of a rock and roll concert. Fans are sitting down at pearl jam shows for gods sakes.

I love this band, and their music has been a huge part of my life . Which is why it is so frustrating and sad to see the band devolve so much in terms of their new material. I never thought I would not be excited for a new PJ album to come out , but after hearing sirens that is exactly the case.
    See you guys at barclays, its gonna be an 87% awesome show.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.
  • Options
    It is sad to see the band churn out these bland songs on two consecutive records. I don't know what happened to these guys. Change is inevitable in a band, but that doesn't mean they should get a pass for songs like sirens and just breathe. These songs lack any of the depth or edge of their earlier ballads.

Worst of all is that we now have two records filled with really energy killing songs which are now peppered into their live set-lists. This affects the vibe and energy of the whole live show. It was brutal last tour to sit through those string ensembles playing just breathe and the end for 20 minutes in the middle of a rock and roll concert. Fans are sitting down at pearl jam shows for gods sakes.

I love this band, and their music has been a huge part of my life . Which is why it is so frustrating and sad to see the band devolve so much in terms of their new material. I never thought I would not be excited for a new PJ album to come out , but after hearing sirens that is exactly the case.
    i guess all the previous year,you was doing Headbanging at come back,arc,better man,small town,black,release,.Oceans,soon forget,sleigh of hand,all or none,all those yesterday,fatal,hard to imagine,im mine,thin air, and so on..
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 138

i guess all the previous year,you was doing Headbanging at come back,arc,better man,small town,black,release,.Oceans,soon forget,sleigh of hand,all or none,all those yesterday,fatal,hard to imagine,im mine,thin air, and so on..

I also happen to think Sirens is a lot deeper than Better Man, Nothing Man, or most of their really popular ballads listed there.

It reminds me of Black in how emotionally raw and naked it is. Better Man and everything feel impersonal, but Sirens feels like a door into Eddie's now-mature mind. So I love it.
  • Options
    mjd327 wrote:

I also happen to think Sirens is a lot deeper than Better Man, Nothing Man, or most of their really popular ballads listed there.

It reminds me of Black in how emotionally raw and naked it is. Better Man and everything feel impersonal, but Sirens feels like a door into Eddie's now-mature mind. So I love it.
    i agree
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    mjd327 wrote:

i agree

I think that Better Man is actually quite personal, but I think that Sirens shows the vulnerbality that Ed is showing now. When I listen to the song, I keep thinking about my ow child. Trust me, children will scare the crap out of you.

What I would hope though, for all of you that hear it for the first time, that Ed will end the song with "the fear will go away"; just an acappella voice ringing through the arena. That would make the vulnerability even more visible.
  • Options
    "the fear will go away"; just an acappella voice ringing through the arena. .
    ahhhhhhh...ahhhhhhhh..this will be unreal...
  • Options

And bone chilling... I like the way he does it sometimes with Black. This high pitched tender voice just singing; it takes you to another place.
  • Options

And bone chilling... I like the way he does it sometimes with Black. This high pitched tender voice just singing; it takes you to another place.
    i just post this in facebook,for conversation
  • Options

i just post this in facebook,for conversation

Let me know how it turns out ;)
  • Options

I have nothing against ballads, it has been a part of pj since the beginning. However, if you have been to a show post backspacer you would know that the effect just breath and speed of sound had on their live shows was truly negative, in a way not seen before. The songs you mention add to the vibe of a pj show, their new ones suck the air out of the room. I have trouble understanding how someone can compare all those yesterdays to just breath.
    Nothing but thanks for those willing to give of their soul to a stranger. And I hate to say it but The Who are overated.