adelaide
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121
    Melbourne
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    pulling69 wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    First trip to Australia - hotels booked - like a boss tickets for Melbourne and Sydney 1+2.

Now airfare :o

I'm considering looking for a flight with a stopover someplace fun - break up the looooooooooooooong ride from the west coast, and give me the opportunity to see someplace new.

Hawaiian Airlines now flies direct from Honolulu to Auckland so that is an option, also some of the cheaper flights right now are on Air Pacific(aka Fiji Airways) with a layover in Fiji. Not a bad gig I guess.

I'm seriously considering Honolulu. Fiji would be nice but as I'm on the east coast of the US it ain't gonna work. I mean it could be done but it doesn't really break up the flight time that much.

Honolulu on the other hand....
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    Awesome!
    This is gonna be fun!!

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

• Options
    Melbourne and Sydney 1 ..
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Wow, looks BDO members presales in Gold Coast and Melbourne sold out already!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Jodie,when you will know if you gonna make it to Melbourne show?
    maybe ill need your help in something....Missoula style help,not biggie
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    adelaide
    melbourne
    sydneyx 2
    perth
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    adelaide
    melbourne
    sydneyx 2
    perth
    like!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Perth :evil:
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    adelaide
    melbourne
    sydneyx 2
    perth
    like!

Me too Dimi, it''s only my credit card that doesn't!
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    adelaide
    melbourne
    sydneyx 2
    perth
    like!

Me too Dimi, it''s only my credit card that doesn't!
    haha,,im sure cc is on fire!!
  • Options
    Ticket bought for Auckland. Now I just need to hold thumbs that my emigration plans to NZL come through in time :)
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952

Haha, I have tickets for all shows, I just don't have the travel money for all.

So I am sure I could help ;P
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

Haha, I have tickets for all shows, I just don't have the travel money for all.

So I am sure I could help ;P
    cool,we talk when its time..thanks!
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    DonJon wrote:
    Radelaide - booked 2 nights in the city and a couple in the Barossa.

where u stayin?
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    DonJon wrote:
    Radelaide - booked 2 nights in the city and a couple in the Barossa.

where u stayin?

Millar apartments....same joint a few of us stayed 2009.

Haven`t finalised barossa yet but looking for somewhere within good driving range..

Any tips/local knowledge appreciated..and pardon my rudeness but m thinking link or judd?

Cheers
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    ja. the former.

PM me if you need any tips up my way.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    I'm just doing Perth for now, haven't decided if i'm going to travel over east
  • Options
    sandgroper wrote:
    Perth show now just become better!! ;)
  • Options
    sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    sandgroper wrote:
    Perth show now just become better!! ;)

8-)
  • Options
    Questions for Sydney!!!
    Since I won't have much time in Sydney for sight seeing related activities I'm going to attempt to do just highlights. It seems like the park where BDO is being held is somewhat outside of Sydney (or downtown Sydney). And then the airport seems to be just somewhere else entirely. SO, would it make more sense to stay in Sydney or North Sydney and then take the train to the park for BDO in the afternoon (just assume I will be happy watching PJ from the back of a crowd), or should I stay closer to the park and then commute into Sydney for sightseeing? It seems like this should be a no brainer, but I read that the trains stop running around midnight and I don't expect it to be easy to get back after the show. What with the bogans and all. :lol:

2nd, there's bridge in NY called the Hell Gate Bridge. According to Wikipedia the Sydney Harbor Bridge was based on it's design. Here's a photo I took around 10 years ago of the Hell Gate Bridge: 51192eb3-be7a-4cd0-a84d-da7be67c2caf.jpg
    So, I really want to get a great photo from a reasonable/similar distance (obviously without the snow). Any suggestions for where I can take a great photo from? Does anyone know if pedestrians are allowed to walk across thins bridge?

Thanks guys!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    I love following PJ around in Australia, but since I will be catching shows in Nov/Dec, big day out festival is not worth it.
  • Options
    PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Will be at Auckland BDO.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    whohaa booked the surrey (thanks for the hot tip jodie).
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    At Surrey w/ my sister and her partner.
    Seems its selling out fast!
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    duska3419 wrote:
    Questions for Sydney!!!
    Since I won't have much time in Sydney for sight seeing related activities I'm going to attempt to do just highlights. It seems like the park where BDO is being held is somewhat outside of Sydney (or downtown Sydney). And then the airport seems to be just somewhere else entirely. SO, would it make more sense to stay in Sydney or North Sydney and then take the train to the park for BDO in the afternoon (just assume I will be happy watching PJ from the back of a crowd), or should I stay closer to the park and then commute into Sydney for sightseeing? It seems like this should be a no brainer, but I read that the trains stop running around midnight and I don't expect it to be easy to get back after the show. What with the bogans and all. :lol:

Olympic park is about 20-30 minutes from "downtown" Sydney on the train. There will be special event services running all day, probably every 10 minutes or so from Central station. These will be running after the event until probably midnight. Very easy to get out of there. Might be crowded trains, but there are plenty of them. The airport is 10 minutes train from Central station.

i would stay in the city, rather than North Sydney. easier to get back to after the show. easier for sight seeing. Getting anything near Olympic Park is almost out of the question. Super expensive. Surrounding areas are pretty boring as well.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Old but still accurate information on trains to Sydney Olympic Park
    http://bigdayoutblog.wordpress.com/2012 ... formation/

Getting there

Services operate from Central, Redfern and Strathfield to Olympic Park Station every 10 minutes from 10.00am.
    Sprint services operate from Lidcombe to Olympic Park Station every 10 minutes.
    A direct service departs from Newcastle at 8.15am, stopping Civic, Hamilton, Broadmeadow, Cardiff, Fassifern, Morisset and Olympic Park stations.
    A direct service departs Wyong at 9.20am, stopping Tuggerah, Gosford, Woy Woy and Olympic Park stations.
    Between 10.00am and 3.30pm, Blue Mountains Line services to Central will stop at Lidcombe Station. Change at Lidcombe for the Olympic Park Sprint.

Getting home

We’re providing additional services after midnight to help you get home on the Bankstown, Inner West, South, Western (Richmond branch line), North Shore, Northern and South Coast lines.
    Services operate from Olympic Park to Strathfield, Redfern and Central stations every 5 minutes from 11.00pm to 1.00am.
    Sprint services operate from Olympic Park to Lidcombe Station every 10 minutes to 1.00am.
    Change at Lidcombe for connecting Blue Mountains services departing Lidcombe Station at 10.36 and 11.36pm.
    Travel to Strathfield for connecting services to Newcastle and the Central Coast.
    Additional services to Newcastle depart Strathfield at midnight and 1.27am. A service to Newcastle departs Gosford at 1.48am.
    An additional service to Wollongong departs Central at 1.25am. A service to Bomaderry (Nowra) departs Wollongong at 3.14am.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    BezzaBezza Posts: 203
    I'll be there in Melbourne!!!!
  • Options
    Olympic park is about 20-30 minutes from "downtown" Sydney on the train. There will be special event services running all day, probably every 10 minutes or so from Central station. These will be running after the event until probably midnight. Very easy to get out of there. Might be crowded trains, but there are plenty of them. The airport is 10 minutes train from Central station.

i would stay in the city, rather than North Sydney. easier to get back to after the show. easier for sight seeing. Getting anything near Olympic Park is almost out of the question. Super expensive. Surrounding areas are pretty boring as well.

Thank you for the info!