Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,127
    Something that big must have been seen by many many people.

Sounds like some good weed.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,743
    Something that big must have been seen by many many people.

Sounds like some good weed.
    And that's why I don't tell the story very often. ;)

As I said, we weren't high at all. We know the difference between high and straight... And I don't think it's too common to share an identical hallucination with a friend.

Maybe it was seen by many and maybe it wasn't. It was a quiet area at night, and it made very little sound, and the colour was such that you couldn't see it too well from a distance, aside from that one light - for a long time, until it got closer, the light was the only thing we could see .... Plus, there is the whole thing about us blanking out on the experience for several years .... There could be many other people who had the same thing happen to them. Yeah yeah, I know it sounds convenient. But it's still true. Anyway, I really don't expect most people to believe me. It does sound pretty outrageous, I know. Still happened, but anyway.... yeah. :P I mean, for people to actually believe me, they'd have to accept a certain actuality - it's the stories where there is actually something concrete that are hardest to believe. A story that leaves no room for doubt is a story that people are apt to reject outright. As I said, the moving lights in the sky stories are easier to swallow because they they leave a huge amount of room for other explanations. My story doesn't. Oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    nice story. thank you for sharing.

the thing is smoking marijuana, even the highest of grades would not ever make me believe a giant ufo is hovering above my pal & me. you had yourselves a pretty amazing experience.

we had a flying something or other follow us from town to beyond our home which was a good 5 mile back road travel. this thing was about 200 feet or less above our car, completely silent & small... probably the size of our car or smaller

dad drove on by our driveway as not to bring whatever it was to our family. dad & i watched this thing follow us all those 5 miles, dad's head out the window looking up, me trying to do the same from the passenger side, the road is curvy so it was from one side to the other or whatever

dad finally stopped & barelly stepped out of the car, told me not to get out but i did just a little bit, we were looking up at it, completely silent, one single light, then it vanished

we then turned around and drove home
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    nice story. thank you for sharing.

the thing is smoking marijuana, even the highest of grades would not ever make me believe a giant ufo is hovering above my pal & me. you had yourselves a pretty amazing experience.

we had a flying something or other follow us from town to beyond our home which was a good 5 mile back road travel. this thing was about 200 feet or less above our car, completely silent & small... probably the size of our car or smaller

dad drove on by our driveway as not to bring whatever it was to our family. dad & i watched this thing follow us all those 5 miles, dad's head out the window looking up, me trying to do the same from the passenger side, the road is curvy so it was from one side to the other or whatever

dad finally stopped & barelly stepped out of the car, told me not to get out but i did just a little bit, we were looking up at it, completely silent, one single light, then it vanished

we then turned around and drove home
    I believe you. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    in the iowa darkness it is a fact my friends & i have saw unusual aerial flight patterns happening. all we had to do was sit or stand in our driveway/yard or fields... millions of stars overhead & some crazy ass flying around bullshit that makes zero sense at all

manuvers no aircraft i know of could ever dream of performing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    bjo1015bjo1015 Posts: 104
    chadwick wrote:
    in the iowa darkness it is a fact my friends & i have saw unusual aerial flight patterns happening. all we had to do was sit or stand in our driveway/yard or fields... millions of stars overhead & some crazy ass flying around bullshit that makes zero sense at all

manuvers no aircraft i know of could ever dream of performing

I am from Eastern Iowa and a couple years ago my mother-in-law and I saw some crazy flying lights one night. There were 3 different aircraft and manuevers that certainly made us believe they weren't airplanes. Then all of the sudden, they flew off. We both looked at each other and asked what the hell we just saw!
  • Options
    so lately i been having sasquatch dreams. but they are not like regular dream dreams. is it lucid dreaming when you are awakened & things are still happening or the dream totally feels real or you can control bits of it ? the thing is, i remember a sasquatch dream from when i was about 5 years old just as if it happened lastnight. in fact, it is the most intense & seemingly real dream i've ever had. it feels real in spirit, make sense? it feels locked in

put it this way... something somewhere (multiple whatevers) are tugging at me. my bedroom carries on nearly every night all night long; bang, thuds, rock clanks, metallic sounding banging around, shadows from time to time, directly after a friend hung himself i saw a decent sized lit up orb float across my apartment & fly through the wall into my bedroom swirling about leaving a trail behind

this morning a kitchen towel was lying on the kitchen floor when lastnight before bed i spread it out on the counter & sink to dry. i think of the rock slamming down on my dresser directly behind me as i was hanging up clothes in my closet. that was a fantastic happening just months ago. yes i have rocks lying about

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick wrote:
    so lately i been having sasquatch dreams. but they are not like regular dream dreams. is it lucid dreaming when you are awakened & things are still happening or the dream totally feels real or you can control bits of it ? the thing is, i remember a sasquatch dream from when i was about 5 years old just as if it happened lastnight. in fact, it is the most intense & seemingly real dream i've ever had. it feels real in spirit, make sense? it feels locked in

put it this way... something somewhere (multiple whatevers) are tugging at me. my bedroom carries on nearly every night all night long; bang, thuds, rock clanks, metallic sounding banging around, shadows from time to time, directly after a friend hung himself i saw a decent sized lit up orb float across my apartment & fly through the wall into my bedroom swirling about leaving a trail behind

this morning a kitchen towel was lying on the kitchen floor when lastnight before bed i spread it out on the counter & sink to dry. i think of the rock slamming down on my dresser directly behind me as i was hanging up clothes in my closet. that was a fantastic happening just months ago. yes i have rocks lying about
    Lucid dreaming is wild; I don't experience it often but love when it does happen.

Also...your very last line up there made me smile.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Lucid dreaming is wild; I don't experience it often but love when it does happen.

Also...your very last line up there made me smile.
    i like rocks :)

i'll be tossing about in bed, uneasy & heavy breathing, open my eyes, lift my head up, move around a bit & there is a big ass hairy bastard walking across my bedroom & the foot of my bed, he'll be in traces/flashes ...bam bam bam. felt like it was going on for hours & in a trance like state

intrusive?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    bump
    anyone else fascinated by the paranormal?

byrnzie,
    what goes on in china & their ideas of ghostly encounters?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Never.

Bunch of hokey bull.

Nobody would believe you if you mention it anyway.
  • Options
    I'm glad this post got bumped.

I've never experience anything paranormal, and I will be skeptical of everything I hear/read until I experience something myself that changes my mind.

That being said, I enjoyed reading about it, especially on this thread (when it was just stories). So if anyone else has good stories, please share!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Losiento wrote:
    Never.

Bunch of hokey bull.

Nobody would believe you if you mention it anyway.

nice

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I think that there is a flip side to this life. Whether it's heaven/hell/whatever, I think our energy or souls do live on. I lean on the side of there being spirits among us. I don't know if I've watched too much TV or what, but I firmly believe in some spirits lingering for some reason.
  • Options
    I was visiting a cemetery over the weekend with a friend (I know, how cliche'), and I turned to look where my friend was as it was a huge cemetery. I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye of a greenish color, and she had that color shirt, so at first I thought it was her, but it wasn't. No big deal; sometimes my eyes play tricks on me. A few minutes later I was near the spot where I saw that greenish flash, when my friend's daughter ran up to me. She was talking, them mentioned that her ipod just shut off for no reason. So, I tell her that paranormal activity screws with electronics. She laughed it off, but thought it was odd when her ipod began working a couple minutes later...
  • Options
    I think that there is a flip side to this life. Whether it's heaven/hell/whatever, I think our energy or souls do live on. I lean on the side of there being spirits among us. I don't know if I've watched too much TV or what, but I firmly believe in some spirits lingering for some reason.
    & you'd be correct, sir

so much is going on we know nothing about. we are actually quite simple; so much so that we are pretty much at our mental capacity right now (spiritual capacity?)

we can not grasp the truth that surrounds us because we can not hold it nor wrap our heads around it.
    comprehend, raise up & awaken one's self, be aware of being fully alive inside & out
    it takes listening to things we can not hear, seeing what can't be seen
    those energies will find us when we are open to accept

until then we are excrement floating down the blind river of life

(spiritual capacity?)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I was visiting a cemetery over the weekend with a friend (I know, how cliche'), and I turned to look where my friend was as it was a huge cemetery. I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye of a greenish color, and she had that color shirt, so at first I thought it was her, but it wasn't. No big deal; sometimes my eyes play tricks on me. A few minutes later I was near the spot where I saw that greenish flash, when my friend's daughter ran up to me. She was talking, them mentioned that her ipod just shut off for no reason. So, I tell her that paranormal activity screws with electronics. She laughed it off, but thought it was odd when her ipod began working a couple minutes later...
    very nice. thank you

yeah paranormal activity used to turn on my brother's television. he'd get up out of bed & turn it off. moments later the tv would fire back up. he'd get up pissed off & turn it off again. again, moments later the tv would be back on. he'd get up & yell at the paranormal energy..."leave the fucking television off, fucker, i have to get up early & drag my ass into work"

the tv stayed off

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

yeah paranormal activity used to turn on my brother's television. he'd get up out of bed & turn it off. moments later the tv would fire back up. he'd get up pissed off & turn it off again. again, moments later the tv would be back on. he'd get up & yell at the paranormal energy..."leave the fucking television off, fucker, i have to get up early & drag my ass into work"

the tv stayed off

Sometimes, they listen! :lol:
  • Options
    nephatia

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Hey Chadwick, do you ever feel sick when a family member gets hurt or sick?
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    every once in a while i get this feeling like a warm hand is on my back or shoulder. it's usually when i'm scared or stressed out. the last time it happened it was when my best friend and i were staying with and taking care of her mother dying of cancer. i woke up in the middle of the night to this feeling of a warm hand on the top of my head. i just started sobbing. she passed later that evening, if that's anything.

not too long ago i was sitting in the bathtub around two in the morning, completely exhausted. didn't think much of it at the time, but i caught a glimpse of my ugly mug in the mirror. uh... while i was sitting in the tub. the mirror is at a much higher level than the tub. how could i have seen my reflection while i was in the tub? when i realized all of this i freaked out.

would this be considered paranormal or am i just weird and tired?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    every once in a while i get this feeling like a warm hand is on my back or shoulder. it's usually when i'm scared or stressed out. the last time it happened it was when my best friend and i were staying with and taking care of her mother dying of cancer. i woke up in the middle of the night to this feeling of a warm hand on the top of my head. i just started sobbing. she passed later that evening, if that's anything.

not too long ago i was sitting in the bathtub around two in the morning, completely exhausted. didn't think much of it at the time, but i caught a glimpse of my ugly mug in the mirror. uh... while i was sitting in the tub. the mirror is at a much higher level than the tub. how could i have seen my reflection while i was in the tub? when i realized all of this i freaked out.

would this be considered paranormal or am i just weird and tired?

Sounds like your mom is still there for you. Not sure what to think about the mirror thing. Out of body?
  • Options
    good question. i don't really know as nothing much seems to stand out. do you feel this way? i do know it happens to twins & others. how about when a older couple has been together/married for like 50 yrs or something & they pass away a day or so apart; one may have had cancer or something while the other was perfectly fine...

here's one...

you all have seen those copper bells on red velvet ropes? well my grandpa had those hanging in his new place he had moved into with our new step grandma. one night as grandpa & his new wife lie in bed those bells went ape shit... true fact. grandma had died of cancer & was not to pleased w/ harold's choice in wife

(grandma's ghost was the one i saw 6 months after she went away)... i guess she was a little active after death

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    good question. i don't really know as nothing much seems to stand out. do you feel this way? i do know it happens to twins & others. how about when a older couple has been together/married for like 50 yrs or something & they pass away a day or so apart; one may have had cancer or something while the other was perfectly fine...

here's one...

you all have seen those copper bells on red velvet ropes? well my grandpa had those hanging in his new place he had moved into with our new step grandma. one night as grandpa & his new wife lie in bed those bells went ape shit... true fact. grandma had died of cancer & was not to pleased w/ harold's choice in wife

(grandma's ghost was the one i saw 6 months after she went away)... i guess she was a little active after death

I've felt sick for no apparent reason when my daughter fell off the monkey bars and was rushed to the E.R. Other than that, I was feeling sick yesterday. No reason yet other than the Harvest Moon (or my Dad who just had open heart surgery)

Cool story!
  • Options
    my place sure is a ruckus. the commotion carries on & is quite disturbing at times. lastnight something/someone sat down next to me in my bed & it felt like they lied down next to me as well. fucking weird shit.

my dresser carries on by making noises over there. it sounds like the dresser is twisting about making the wood make a wooden type sound. i haven't heard the metallic banging for a couple months now & only heard that sound once. mostly it is rocks clanging around or a wood sound.

& this is not the first time whatever it is got in bed w/ me, that has happened before. you know when you are in bed sleeping or your eyes are closed & you're trying to sleep & all of a sudden you feel someone/something sit down next to you & even lay out next to you. this weight pressure is not right, the weight is not of a human but there is definetly something or someone there doing all that. frickin weird

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    my place sure is a ruckus. the commotion carries on & is quite disturbing at times. lastnight something/someone sat down next to me in my bed & it felt like they lied down next to me as well. fucking weird shit.

my dresser carries on by making noises over there. it sounds like the dresser is twisting about making the wood make a wooden type sound. i haven't heard the metallic banging for a couple months now & only heard that sound once. mostly it is rocks clanging around or a wood sound.

& this is not the first time whatever it is got in bed w/ me, that has happened before. you know when you are in bed sleeping or your eyes are closed & you're trying to sleep & all of a sudden you feel someone/something sit down next to you & even lay out next to you. this weight pressure is not right, the weight is not of a human but there is definetly something or someone there doing all that. frickin weird

FREAKY!!
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    freaky!! :shock: :shock: :shock: is right
    lastnight i was sound asleep & was woken because of the sounds in my place. i've become very used to being woke up & most times i just :shock: bam open my eyes & listen. before i was used to it i'd be all looking around & would be kinda scared. nowadays i'm still freaked out but do not acknowledge the visitors much as that keeps them coming around.

i do leave certain items lying about to see if they get moved even the slightest. at night i have two crystals i put out touching point to point on my dresser. this morning they were not touching but apart a good 1/4 inch.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    lastnight i was sound asleep & was woken because of the sounds in my place. i've become very used to being woke up & most times i just :shock: bam open my eyes & listen. before i was used to it i'd be all looking around & would be kinda scared. nowadays i'm still freaked out but do not acknowledge the visitors much as that keeps them coming around.

i do leave certain items lying about to see if they get moved even the slightest. at night i have two crystals i put out touching point to point on my dresser. this morning they were not touching but apart a good 1/4 inch.
    I would be in an institution by now, because I wouldn't have slept for so long that I would have gone completely psychotic.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8KBy4CWZ0OpAK60WzMUOAF8OpUdxW2Q7YBvDBM9ltEm8hkX7U
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I would be in an institution by now, because I wouldn't have slept for so long that I would have gone completely psychotic.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8KBy4CWZ0OpAK60WzMUOAF8OpUdxW2Q7YBvDBM9ltEm8hkX7U

but remember, according to a lot of people 'paranormal' does not exist.

since i was a small boy i knew i was seeing things differently than others. i call ghosts & that type of energy 'visitors'. it has been going on with me my whole life so it's not like it is something new. it's very simple to understand. some people are sensitive to this energy & others are not, i am so the energies come around. most of the energies/visitors are good or harmless, some are not pleasant.

i have really excellent guardian angels so i feel i am quite safe.

& pj_soul, any of your friends & family up there in canada ever have any weird ass stuff going on?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce