Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    demonologists ed & lorraine warren are incredible people; ed is no longer with us. these folks are real & serious as a heart attack. lorraine has helped with the making of the movie, "the conjuring" as she & her husband worked on the actual case. in their home they set up a museum filled with objects from cases they worked on. the annabelle doll is believed to be fully responsible for many deaths as it is believed to be demonic.

weird shit

ed & lorraine have put a lifetime into studying demonology
    watch some of their videos & read their books
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/eYFfH_F0Xk0
    short interview with ed & lorraine warren

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    But in 2006, when their book on the case was reissued and a film was in development, a member of the possessed boy’s family sued, claiming the whole story was a hoax. “The Warrens told my family numerous times that we would be millionaires and the book would help get my sister’s boyfriend, Arne, out of jail,” he said in a press release. “I knew from day one it was a lie, but as a child, there was nothing I could really do about it.” He said the negative attention from the case had forced him to drop out of school.

http://flavorwire.com/405552/the-long-s ... ine-warren
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    if you believe the warren's are bullshit you are surely mistaken

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

or I could be absolutely correct!! 8-)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

or I could be absolutely correct!! 8-)
    but you are not

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    nobtrannobtran Posts: 15
    The Warren's were involved with the Amityville Horror fraud. They know how to make money selling demons, that's for sure.
  • Options
    nobtran wrote:
    The Warren's were involved with the Amityville Horror fraud. They know how to make money selling demons, that's for sure.
    i've never saw the film & no nothing about the story, the family or the house. im not into horror films. i can't add anything to this claim about the warren's being fraud or their truths of amityville horror.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    amazing story. and what is really trippy to me is that is one of our local news channels here. wtf!

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    amazing story. and what is really trippy to me is that is one of our local news channels here. wtf!

Oh, cool!
  • Options
    The movie may have no truth, but Ronald DeFeo really did murder his family in Amityville.

http://www.biography.com/people/ronald-defeo-580972
  • Options
    The movie may have no truth, but Ronald DeFeo really did murder his family in Amityville.

watching the amityville documentary as we speak.... type

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

Yes that is the only factual part of the whole story.

• Options
    so let's hear everyone's opinions on sasquatch. there is some insane video footage & photographs as well as scientific DNA research & field studies by leading scholars from all over the globe who are convinced there is a giant hairy creature in the wilds.

native american indians & sasquatch go back thousands & thousands of years. the natives of north america have hundreds of names for bigfoot.

over the years since internet came out i've read & watched hundreds of hours of research on this topic. it is quite something.

what's your understanding, your belief?

http://youtu.be/wTsdbKUwenI
    here is the longest audio recording
    http://youtu.be/JALgRxXMsmQ

http://youtu.be/O4qaJdJmnkA
    ron morehead

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    so let's hear everyone's opinions on sasquatch. there is some insane video footage & photographs as well as scientific DNA research & field studies by leading scholars from all over the globe who are convinced there is a giant hairy creature in the wilds.

native american indians & sasquatch go back thousands & thousands of years. the natives of north america have hundreds of names for bigfoot.

over the years since internet came out i've read & watched hundreds of hours of research on this topic. it is quite something.

ron morehead

Do you believe in Bigfoot Chadwick?
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

ron morehead

Do you believe in Bigfoot Chadwick?
    there is something out there. dna samples are tested & they belong to something not quite ape & not quite human & whatever it is

hair, scat, toenails, & things.

check out todd standing interviews & videos as well as the guy from the survivor man show when he was camping in alaska.

bigfoot is also logged in the washington state atlas of known species. this book cost something like $250,000 to put together & publish

native americans say sasquatch is not a beast but a tribe of big ass hairy people who need left alone

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/dQMgXWh3tSs
    a les stroud's interview

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I don't believe in Bigfoot but I believe in the Abominable Snowman

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    http://youtu.be/dQMgXWh3tSs
    a les stroud's interview
    http://youtu.be/rcpRGtfx18M - short & sweet

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    chadwick wrote:
    never saw the movie, "amityville horror" as i don't watched much tv & don't own a tv but have heard of the flick & did hear it was bullshit

ok so we agree that in at least one case a paranormal experience was just bullshit....

And we still have no proof for any actual paranormal events. Videos of people saying they experienced something is not proof. The guy in the Amityville Horror had an incredible story but no proof. Actually the facts disputed his "story" altogether.

If my cabinet doors start opening and closing at all hours I'm going to film it. I'm going to invite the neighbors over, call my local news crew to tape it.

and yet.....nothing

Something....The Rosenheim Poltergeist---the most validated poltergeist case in recorded history. (Germany 1967)

Here there are video recordings (with the videos available on youtube--I ain't watching them though)

Also, there was intense investigation of the happenings....the press, the police and physicists were all over it....fraud was never found, and physicists said that phenomena could be "100 percent shown NOT to be explainable by known physics."

Main article: Rosenheim Poltergeist

Dr. Friedbert Karger was one of two physicists from the Max Planck Institute who helped to investigate perhaps the most validated poltergeist case in recorded history. Annemarie Schneider, a 19-year-old secretary in a law firm in Rosenheim (a town in southern Germany) was seemingly the unwitting cause of much chaos and controversy in the firm, including disruption of electricity and telephone lines, the rotation of a picture, swinging lamps which were captured on video (which was one of the first times any poltergeist activity has been captured on film), and strange sounds that sounded electrical in origin were recorded. Karger stated that "these experiments were really a challenge to physics" and the disturbances "could be 100 percent shown not to be explainable by known physics." Fraud was not proven despite intensive investigation by the physicists, journalists and the police. The effects moved with the young woman when she changed jobs until they finally faded out, disappeared, and never recurred.
  • Options
    rollings wrote:
    Something....The Rosenheim Poltergeist---the most validated poltergeist case in recorded history. (Germany 1967)

Here there are video recordings (with the videos available on youtube--I ain't watching them though)

Also, there was intense investigation of the happenings....the press, the police and physicists were all over it....fraud was never found, and physicists said that phenomena could be "100 percent shown NOT to be explainable by known physics."

Dr. Friedbert Karger was one of two physicists from the Max Planck Institute who helped to investigate perhaps the most validated poltergeist case in recorded history. Annemarie Schneider, a 19-year-old secretary in a law firm in Rosenheim (a town in southern Germany) was seemingly the unwitting cause of much chaos and controversy in the firm, including disruption of electricity and telephone lines, the rotation of a picture, swinging lamps which were captured on video (which was one of the first times any poltergeist activity has been captured on film), and strange sounds that sounded electrical in origin were recorded. Karger stated that "these experiments were really a challenge to physics" and the disturbances "could be 100 percent shown not to be explainable by known physics." Fraud was not proven despite intensive investigation by the physicists, journalists and the police. The effects moved with the young woman when she changed jobs until they finally faded out, disappeared, and never recurred.

There is no proof to that. My father in law had a similar thing happen to him a few years ago. His phone kept dialing "411" which is an information line. 411 got so many calls they called the local police to see what was happening. His phone bill was like $500 or something due to all the 411 calls. Not a poltergeist....bad phone line.

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    rollings wrote:

There is no proof to that. My father in law had a similar thing happen to him a few years ago. His phone kept dialing "411" which is an information line. 411 got so many calls they called the local police to see what was happening. His phone bill was like $500 or something due to all the 411 calls. Not a poltergeist....bad phone line.

You would have an argument if the phone calls were the only thing happening.(1)

However, other things were happening that had teams of the media, police, and physicists conducting full investigations....with said investigations not finding any fraud or trickery and with the occurrences having been found to not have any foot-hold in an explainable physical realm.

These people were out to disprove scientifcally what was happening and could not. Furthermore there was validated video of the unexplainable occurrences, as well as the third party witness documentation--the police and the physicists.

This is exactly what you were asking for in your post above...you were wondering where the neighbors and local news station were....well, here that is plus bonus police and scientists. Your "strange 411 phone calls involving my father-in-law" doesn't do one thing to disprove what happened, I do believe you know that though.

(1) also, the law firm's telephone system was totally replaced and the phone lines checked....only to have the phone calls resume once the new system was installed.
  • Options
    "The Rosenheim Poltergeist case has become an extremely contentious issue. While some claim that it proves the existence of paranormal phenomena, critics maintain it was set up and faked, or simply an attention-seeking prank developed by the emotionally disturbed Ms. Schaberl. There is also no evidence on video that matches the more extreme (and, therefore, paranormal) events said to have occurred. However the police officers present and others unconnected with the company, such as Karger and Zicha, did give official statements claiming to have witnessed unexplained object movements, and Annemarie Schaberl was never actually caught faking the phenomena."

If there is so much proof why would critics call it a fake?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenheim_Poltergeist

• Options
    Of course, the first logical assumption would be that Ms. Schneider was faking the entire thing for attention. She was, after all, a troubled young woman who had a history of histrionic behavior as well as difficulty in her relationships with family and others. Surveillance done by the Institute of Paranormal Research showed that the phenomenon would only happen when she was present. There was also talk that others in the office were part of the prank to get attention. The focus however was on Anne Marie and the fact that there were no reports of strange happenings after she left for good does speak to her involvement.

Some believe that her involvement was not intentional but rather subscribe to the theory that ‘poltergeist’ activity such as this generates from a very human source. Energy coming from a living person, usually a young female going through some kind of stress or emotional difficulty has been studied by parapsychologists for some time, and the events in Rosenheim are often referred to as possibly being an example of this phenomenon. Others are convinced that it was merely a prank by a girl whose whole life had been about screaming for attention. It was reported that once she married a couple of years later that she herself no longer had any incidents–did the happiness and security offered by her new husband giver her what she needed? Or was the rampant energy she had during her years of confusion and turmoil finally tempered?

The Rosenheim events in 1967-68 were some of the most documented in history of possible poltergeist activity and are still studied today. Whether it was a hoax or a case of human energy being so out of control that telekinesis was occurring, it shows our need for evidence to validate what we believe to begin with. The same data is used to support and negate the haunting which has left the events open to interpretation. In other words, those who want to believe will think something phenomenal happened while ones who look with a more skeptical eye will continue to question.

http://4girlsandaghost.wordpress.com/20 ... -haunting/

• Options
    SUMMARY

Physical Investigation of the Rosenheim Psychokinetic Phenomena. - Inexplicable phenomena in the office of a Rosenheim lawyer were first attributed to faults in the power supply. This hypothesis seemed to be confirmed by recorders which registered strong deflections. The officials of the power station, however, did not succeed in determining the cause. The authors made a control investigation. By means of a storage oscilloscope they examined systematically all possible physical causes inclusive fraudulous manipulation. The following conclusions were reached: 1) Although recorded with the facilities available to experimental physics, the events defies explanation with the known means available to theoretical physics; 2) the phenomena seemed to be the result of nonperiodic, shorttime forces; 3) they did not seem to involve electro-dynamic effects but were <mechanically> induced; 4) not only were explosive events involved, but also complicated motions; 5) these movements seemed to be performed by intelligently controlled forces with a tendency to evade investigation.

There was also a skeptical magician present at one time, this is what my email-friend has written about him, my translation:

A skeptical magician called Allan also visited the scene, he noticed a piece of nylon string from a used plastic pendulum hanging from the ceiling. So, in the book Allan, Schiff und Kramer: "Falsche Geister - echte Schwindler" the whole case was declared as a hoax. Quite a bold claim considering the big picture of the case. It would have been a miracle if the central character and other members of the staff were not under strict surveillance during the observations and the investigations, even by the police.

http://forums.randi.org/archive/index.php/t-122348.html

• Options
    biologist john mionczynski for the u.s. forest service researched bighorn sheep. here is mionczynski's detailed account while camping in a tent covered in bacon grease. this event was in 1972
    http://youtu.be/GWzvKe-4nhY

these are the kinds of people & stories i enjoy following. i do not watch the show 'finding bigfoot'

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    Shawshank wrote:
    Just saw The Conjuring last night with my daughter. Up until a few hours ago we were still curled up in the fetal position. :lol:

Anyone here ever experience anything paranormal? I'm curious how those with no belief in anything spiritual view such events or are they just dismissed as nonsense? Would love to read others stories. I have a few of my own ill share if there's any interest.
    I wouldn't say that I don't believe in anything "spiritual", but I am an atheist, and still do think that the existence of "paranormal" events could be possible.... but just a result of nature - a function of natural science that we simply don't understand, and I see no reason to assume that some kind of an after life wouldn't be included in that. After all, the energy in a person has to go somewhere when they die... perhaps consciousness is an energy. Maybe it doesn't all go into the process of decomposition, we don't know. I don't necessarily believe in it, and do at least think a lot of what we hear is bullshit (people's brains can do crazy things), but I definitely don't 100% NOT believe in it, like I do God.

... What exactly constitutes paranormal? Just ghost type shit? Or do alien encounters/sightings count? Because I have experienced that.... but I won't go into it because hardly anyone ever believes me and I don't want people here wrongly thinking I'm some kind of crack pot. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:
    Just saw The Conjuring last night with my daughter. Up until a few hours ago we were still curled up in the fetal position. :lol:

Anyone here ever experience anything paranormal? I'm curious how those with no belief in anything spiritual view such events or are they just dismissed as nonsense? Would love to read others stories. I have a few of my own ill share if there's any interest.
    I wouldn't say that I don't believe in anything "spiritual", but I am an atheist, and still do think that the existence of "paranormal" events could be possible.... but just a result of nature - a function of natural science that we simply don't understand, and I see no reason to assume that some kind of an after life wouldn't be included in that. After all, the energy in a person has to go somewhere when they die... perhaps consciousness is an energy. Maybe it doesn't all go into the process of decomposition, we don't know. I don't necessarily believe in it, and do at least think a lot of what we hear is bullshit (people's brains can do crazy things), but I definitely don't 100% NOT believe in it, like I do God.

... What exactly constitutes paranormal? Just ghost type shit? Or do alien encounters/sightings count? Because I have experienced that.... but I won't go into it because hardly anyone ever believes me and I don't want people here wrongly thinking I'm some kind of crack pot. :P
    have you read what some of us have added to this thread & other threads on here? some of us are given a pretty hard time.

i'd love to hear what you have to share with us. i myself have looked up into the night sky & saw some unexplainable flight movements taking place. lots of 90 degree turns, forward & backward manuvers & other bizarre aerial flight patterns

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    chadwick wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Shawshank wrote:

have you read what some of us have added to this thread & other threads on here? some of us are given a pretty hard time.

i'd love to hear what you have to share with us. i myself have looked up into the night sky & saw some unexplainable flight movements taking place. lots of 90 degree turns, forward & backward manuvers & other bizarre aerial flight patterns
    Weeellll...... the reason no one ever believes my particular story is because it wasn't just lights in the sky. It was something that passed over me at maybe 10 miles an hour about 100 ft over the tree tops, and I could see every little detail - must have taken 10 minutes for it to pass over from skyline to skyline - I could hear it and see the texture, the colour, everything. Size of a football field, almost totally silent except for a low rumble, definitely not a weather balloon or a blimp or anything like that at all (oh, and it wasn't round at all - more shaped like a flattened silo. And there was only one single light on the whole giant thing). And I wasn't alone. I was with a friend who would vouch for it, except we totally lost touch after university. It was in 1991 or 1992, not sure what time of year, but not winter, at about 10:00pm, in Sunshine Hills, North Delta, BC, right next to a large watershed (and where I grew up). We were sitting on some little bleachers at a baseball diamond at an elementary school. We had smoked some pot a few hours earlier, but we weren't high when this happened. So anyway, I think you can imagine why most people don't believe me at all (they find it a lot easier to take moving lights in the sky stories), and those who do believe that I saw anything at all figure it must have been something man-made. Well, I saw it, and there is no way that is possible. Okay, so now people will think I am a crack pot, but you made me want to tell the story Chadwick, so I'll just blame you. ;)

The most interesting part, I think, and what really clinched my surety that this was what I'm saying it was, is that we were both very, weirdly calm while it happened, just sat and watched really, and then when it was gone, we just looked at each other, said "wow." And then went home... and never spoke of it. Not to each other or anyone else. We really completely forget that it happened for 4 years... Or more like we were so oddly indifferent to it emotionally at the time that we just didn't think about it. And then after those 4 years we were sitting around (with my boyfriend at the time as well), and it suddenly hit me. I hadn't thought about it until that night. I asked my friend about, like, "remember when...?" And she looked at me with mild surprise and said "yeah. I do remember that." I asked her if she'd ever told anyone about it during those 4 years and she said she hadn't mentioned it to a soul or even thought about it since our walk home that night. But once we did remember, it actually shocked us a lot more than it did when it actually happened. Back there, we were eerily calm about it. :shock: What's THAT about??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata