Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    It's actually not a struggle at all. I don't need to prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist.

You need to prove that it does....you haven't done that.

Why does he need to prove it does? He can believe whatever he chooses to believe.

I haven't followed the entire thread super closely, but when I do check in to see what people have written... I see you keep goading him. To what end, sir?

I'm not saying I believe in the supernatural: I'm a sceptic of nearly everything. But I do believe that mocking someone's beliefs is in very poor form and frankly, you need to check yourself. You are normally a well-written person on these forums.

Hats off to Chadwick for not getting a little more aggravated at the provocation.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    It's actually not a struggle at all. I don't need to prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist.

Why does he need to prove it does? He can believe whatever he chooses to believe.

I haven't followed the entire thread super closely, but when I do check in to see what people have written... I see you keep goading him. To what end, sir?

I'm not saying I believe in the supernatural: I'm a sceptic of nearly everything. But I do believe that mocking someone's beliefs is in very poor form and frankly, you need to check yourself. You are normally a well-written person on these forums.

Hats off to Chadwick for not getting a little more aggravated at the provocation.

Just reviewing the last few posts I see Chadwick calling me "thick headed"....where do you see me mocking? I'm just asking for evidence.

He certainly doesn't "have to" prove it...what on earth makes you think he needs to answer to me? I've always been fascinated by the subject so if evidence exists I would like to see it.

You know you could just mind your own business?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    sure i've been a bit snappy as i & others have been refered to as bat shit crazy, attention sluts & other negative things. seems i & other believers are being spoken to in a sarcastic & condescending manner. yes i am going to be a bit harsh when approached & communicated with in this fashion.

"thick headed" is pretty tame stuff in my opinion & fits a great number of people who have no clue outside their little box of understanding further than the norm.

i am so excited to be part of things unexplainable. in my apartment i constantly hear bangs, bumps & things as well feel a presence or two. one of the spirits is a native indian boy 10 years old or younger. i totally feel he wants to communicate to learn modern day things. he has knocked/slammed a rock (i have sitting on my dresser) down on the dresser behind me as i hung clothes in my closet. this was about one month ago. it was very intense & exciting.

another intense thing is hearing spirits communicate with one another. this happens at my dad's x wife's home like common knowledge. her house is very active with multiple ghosts or whatever they are. they are believed to be women as you can make out the feminine sounds in their voices. as dad got off work & was walking up onto the front porch he heard a lot of chatter coming from the living room directing through the front door he stood in front of. chatter chatter chatter, like 3 or more women going at it verbally. he thought his wife was home early from work & a few coworkers of her's stopped over for drinks & a meeting. no one was there. he logged the event in his memory & went about his life. weeks or months go by & he had heard these feminine voices a few more times.

im sitting at the kitchen table, dad gets up, exits the kitchen & goes into the bathroom, his den or their bedroom when i start hearing multiple female chatter i could not comprehend for the life of me but it was sure as shit female & talking with 10 feet of me. it is as if the voices get muffled as the voices enter our dimension. i said, "dad, you hear that?" "hear what, chad" "female voices chattering up like ten sons a bitches"

dad's eyes grew large & he got goose bumps & informed me of his front porch entering the front door experience hearing multiple female spirits & the others he had heard over the weeks & months.

something enjoyed fucking w/ me & beat on my living room wall in my apartment upstairs from dad & his wife. nothing can be behind the drywall dad & i erected in the attic, my new living room. something hit the wall so hard that it should have had a hole put through it & maybe should have fell over. this was so loud it was unreal, this was solid power. i calmly stood up, turned off the tv, walked into my bedroom down the hall, locked the bedroom door & slept with the light on like a scared child :shock: i was like 26 or some shit

as a child my youngest step sister was sick sleeping in her bedroom (which became my bedroom 20 odd yrs later once i remodeled the apartment upstairs) when a hand began stroking her hair, head, neck, shoulders & back as she lie in bed. she later woke & thanked her mother for loving her, aiding her when ill & for the nice rubs

lee was never up there in cory's bedroom but cory sure as shit swears she was given some sorta massage as she lie in her bed. this house is full of female spirits. other people have had experiences in this place too i just can't recall then right now

when you... if you non-believers ever experience disembodied voices you will probably load your britches

have a decent weekend, folks,
    chad
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    Chadwick, I don't think you're bat shit crazy but if you are, then I'm bona fide bat shit crazy.

"one of the spirits is a native indian boy 10 years old or younger":

This is very believable to me. When Jim Morrison was a boy traveling with his family they came across an accident which resulted in some American Indians "scattered on the highway bleeding" some of whom died and the soul of some of them leapt into Morrison's body and he carried them with him the rest of his life.

When I was a kid I saw a very old American Indian in full regalia. This was around 1958 or 1959 so I'm guessing this Indian was born in the 1870's or 1880's. When I think of him I can see his gaze penetrate my eyes and I can sense his spirit. These things don't surprise me in the least.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    Chadwick, I don't think you're bat shit crazy but if you are, then I'm bona fide bat shit crazy.

This is very believable to me. When Jim Morrison was a boy traveling with his family they came across an accident which resulted in some American Indians "scattered on the highway bleeding" some of whom died and the soul of some of them leapt into Morrison's body and he carried them with him the rest of his life.

When I was a kid I saw a very old American Indian in full regalia. This was around 1958 or 1959 so I'm guessing this Indian was born in the 1870's or 1880's. When I think of him I can see his gaze penetrate my eyes and I can sense his spirit. These things don't surprise me in the least.
    thank you, brian. that is exactly how i sense/feel this native boy. he just appears deeply & strongly in my visions & i just know he is the boy in my current apartment. this is a old little town, the church here is 175 years old this year. this area was highly populated with indians back in the day. he does not scare me in the least. he is one of the most gentlest spirits i've felt.

jim morrison... a remarkable human being. makes sense to me exactly what you said about those indian spirits from the car accident leaping into jim for the ride of each others' lives. jim was a spooky witchy kind of guy from what we gather. makes perfect sense to me, yet again

hugs brian,
    chad

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    chadwick wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

thank you, brian. that is exactly how i sense/feel this native boy. he just appears deeply & strongly in my visions & i just know he is the boy in my current apartment. this is a old little town, the church here is 175 years old this year. this area was highly populated with indians back in the day. he does not scare me in the least. he is one of the most gentlest spirits i've felt.

jim morrison... a remarkable human being. makes sense to me exactly what you said about those indian spirits from the car accident leaping into jim for the ride of each others' lives. jim was a spooky witchy kind of guy from what we gather. makes perfect sense to me, yet again

hugs brian,
    chad
    Well I don't know what I believe but all I know is that both my husband and I have heard muffled conversations multiple times in the Old Adelaide Gaol, (which is closed down) and I have had strange experiences and photos from Nottigham Caves in the UK. I'm not saying they are ghosts because I don't know what they were but its not right to mock someone who does believe. Too many things have happened in my adventures for there not to be something out there...and I was a skeptic.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    thank you, loulou. sounds like your husband & you've been quite the travelers experiencing some unknown activities. i'd love to travel the world going to all the hot spots. i'd have a heyday & probably experience multiple heart attacks out of fright. im a big baby, but so into this stuff.

maybe sometime you two can compile a list of uneasy & eerie places you've visited, like the castles & things, i'll look them up online & read about them & watch video clips. one of my little dreams is to stay over night at haunted castles in europe. :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    thank you, loulou. sounds like your husband & you've been quite the travelers experiencing some unknown activities. i'd love to travel the world going to all the hot spots. i'd have a heyday & probably experience multiple heart attacks out of fright. im a big baby, but so into this stuff.

maybe sometime you two can compile a list of uneasy & eerie places you've visited, like the castles & things, i'll look them up online & read about them & watch video clips. one of my little dreams is to stay over night at haunted castles in europe. :twisted:
    Oh! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!!! They have a lot of dungeon tours specifically designed to scare the crap out of you at many of those castles now. :lol: They did have one going at Warwick castle in England last time we were there and I believe they used to do one at The Tower of London ( now THAT'S a creepy place!) don't worry, I'm a big baby too :lol: Half of me wants something to happen and the other half really doesn't! Haha
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    im for the straight up hauntings more than the staged tours, but that sounds fun anyway. if you folks would ever compile a list i would be more than grateful.

i'd also like to see the catacombs under paris. ever been there?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    im for the straight up hauntings more than the staged tours, but that sounds fun anyway. if you folks would ever compile a list i would be more than grateful.

i'd also like to see the catacombs under paris. ever been there?
    Oooooo yeah that would be great! I've been to Paris but never to the catacombs :fp: would love to one day. :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    my problem w/ travel is i am terrified of heights/flying. i'll need to get over this

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/ZF0Y2nIUXY0
    celebrity ghost stories
    44:44 is not a long time & worth the watch
    look up other celebrity ghost stories
    vince neil's ghost story is quite amazing

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

Just reviewing the last few posts I see Chadwick calling me "thick headed"....where do you see me mocking? I'm just asking for evidence.

He certainly doesn't "have to" prove it...what on earth makes you think he needs to answer to me? I've always been fascinated by the subject so if evidence exists I would like to see it.

You know you could just mind your own business?

I would mind my own business if it was my own business. This is a public forum in which you are flaunting your disposition- it's open to criticism and my opinion on the matter.

You don't want scrutiny? PM Chadwick and tell him you think he's a kook. You make it public... then you shouldn't be surprised when someone calls you out.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    When I was 4 I was in a car accident, my mom took a turn too fast and flipped the car. I swear I saw the scene from abput 20 feet above, people stopping and running to the car, the underside of the car...like I was floating. Then I woke up in the hospital.
  • Options
    http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/artic ... eID=101550

Interesting stuff at the link.

Also interesting that a lot of the "experiences" people describe (even here in this thread) relate to accidents involving head injuries or experiences while dreaming/sleeping.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?articleID=101550

Interesting stuff at the link.

Also interesting that a lot of the "experiences" people describe (even here in this thread) relate to accidents involving head injuries or experiences while dreaming/sleeping.

Yes, paranormal experiences are all in our heads. Proof: when I look at your photo, instead of you charming face, I see a pipe-smoking skull. (I'm drain bamaged).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    i wish i could explain in full detail how it feels to live the life some of us do & without ever asking for any supernatural/paranormal abilities. like others who have this ability (or gift if you will) i am extremely sensitive to everything & everyone around me. we pick up energy vibes from others. we can sense the energy in a home. we can feel the moods of others, some take on those moods, i do not, i just know how they feel. i feel out abused women with great success just by being near them in the grocery store, for example.

my brother's house is haunted. i knew that well before he said anything. his wife was pushed down the stairs, his tv goes on throughout the night, something gets in bed w/ him & nothing is there when he wakes up & checks, something runs around his house with heavy steps. this makes perfect sense to me as the energy in the home is negative big time. i also believe this energy has been the reason my brother & his kids are the way they are.

i am freaked out by what negative or dark energy may be lurking about but i have a number of guarding angels looking over me so that is a huge comfort. this ability/gift thing runs down my mom's side of the family thick as bricks. this ability has been handed down from hundreds of years or further. mom's grandmother used to tell mom, "you have psychic ability & have all these energies about you". mom would be playing on the floor in her grandma's scrap materials & yarns for sewing & knitting, she was only a small girl then & it was on.

sometimes i've thought i could be good at psychic detective work with investigators. day in & day out it's just draining but would be quite interesting & thrilling.

ouija boards... that's a whole other bizarre thing

randall rhoads...

Ozzy%2Band%2BRandy.jpg

i asked for randy to speak w/ us & if he'd please come down here into the basement w/ us & jam out for us. just then another friend of ours burst through the two basement doors playing air guitar singing suicide solution as we sat in the dark w/ candles glowing about. he never knew what we were doing, he just showed up.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Mrs Putt declared herself "gobsmacked" by the result. She did not try to make any excuses for her failure, in sharp contrast to many others who have found themselves in the same situation. She had been a perfect subject from start to finish from our point of view, cooperative and friendly throughout. We salute her for having the courage of her convictions and for accepting the outcome with such grace.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2009 ... paranormal

• Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i wish i could explain in full detail how it feels to live the life some of us do & without ever asking for any supernatural/paranormal abilities. like others who have this ability (or gift if you will) i am extremely sensitive to everything & everyone around me. we pick up energy vibes from others. we can sense the energy in a home. we can feel the moods of others, some take on those moods, i do not, i just know how they feel. i feel out abused women with great success just by being near them in the grocery store, for example.

my brother's house is haunted. i knew that well before he said anything. his wife was pushed down the stairs, his tv goes on throughout the night, something gets in bed w/ him & nothing is there when he wakes up & checks, something runs around his house with heavy steps. this makes perfect sense to me as the energy in the home is negative big time. i also believe this energy has been the reason my brother & his kids are the way they are.

i am freaked out by what negative or dark energy may be lurking about but i have a number of guarding angels looking over me so that is a huge comfort. this ability/gift thing runs down my mom's side of the family thick as bricks. this ability has been handed down from hundreds of years or further. mom's grandmother used to tell mom, "you have psychic ability & have all these energies about you". mom would be playing on the floor in her grandma's scrap materials & yarns for sewing & knitting, she was only a small girl then & it was on.

sometimes i've thought i could be good at psychic detective work with investigators. day in & day out it's just draining but would be quite interesting & thrilling.

ouija boards... that's a whole other bizarre thing

randall rhoads...

Ozzy%2Band%2BRandy.jpg

i asked for randy to speak w/ us & if he'd please come down here into the basement w/ us & jam out for us. just then another friend of ours burst through the two basement doors playing air guitar singing suicide solution as we sat in the dark w/ candles glowing about. he never knew what we were doing, he just showed up.

Regarding the enlarged section above, Chadwick, I often regard this as partly (at least) due to being in touch with one's animal nature. Many animals are more perceptive than humans to things unseen be it earthquakes, danger, calm, manifested vibes (good and bad) and (likely) things unseen like the supernatural or paranormal. I can't prove this, of course, (although as I've often said, I'm ok with some things being mysterious) but animal nature really does seem to be highly perceptive in character and I like being open to that sort of thing.

• Options
    Mrs Putt declared herself "gobsmacked" by the result. She did not try to make any excuses for her failure, in sharp contrast to many others who have found themselves in the same situation. She had been a perfect subject from start to finish from our point of view, cooperative and friendly throughout. We salute her for having the courage of her convictions and for accepting the outcome with such grace.

I have my doubts about a lot of psychics, I feel some of them exploit people who are hurting and who've lost loved ones. I guess in the same breath though, if it makes people feel better, how harmful can they be? There certainly are some very convincing ones though, my mother went to see one and I went along with her. He knew I had epilepsy and he told me that my petit mal seizures (where I experience very strong déjà vu sensations) were memories from a past life. I don't believe the last part but I was pretty impressed that he knew that, there's no way that he could have known because he didn't know me, my mother or know that I was even coming. :?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:

I have my doubts about a lot of psychics, I feel some of them exploit people who are hurting and who've lost loved ones. I guess in the same breath though, if it makes people feel better, how harmful can they be? There certainly are some very convincing ones though, my mother went to see one and I went along with her. He knew I had epilepsy and he told me that my petit mal seizures (where I experience very strong déjà vu sensations) were memories from a past life. I don't believe the last part but I was pretty impressed that he knew that, there's no way that he could have known because he didn't know me, my mother or know that I was even coming. :?

But if you research how they operate you will see that they are just a different form of magician. I'm guessing that he asked you several questions before you revealed that you had epilepsy? Either that or he got lucky.

Remember John Edwards?
    http://www.csicop.org/si/show/john_edwa ... _bereaved/

http://debunkingdenialism.com/2013/07/2 ... -psychics/

• Options
    Well. He asked me straight out, in the middle of talking to my Mum, do I get seizures? Very odd. I don't wear a medic-alert bracelet or anything so I really don't know how he knew that? Maybe he did just guess?? Not sure?

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    As for what he said to my Mum, I thought it was very generalised and nothing very personal. He just seemed to hone in on me for a minute and asked me about it which I thought was a little odd?
    As for John Edwards, I've never thought he was real. So many of his questions are generalised, I'm feeling someone with a name starting with J or M or N has lost his/her mother or father or sister? :lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    celebrity ghost stories

I love watching celebrity ghost stories, but the one thing I wonder is that these people act for a living. I'm more likely not to second guess an average joe's experience because they are not actors.

Are you by chance, a medium, Chadwick?
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    celebrity ghost stories

I love watching celebrity ghost stories, but the one thing I wonder is that these people act for a living. I'm more likely not to second guess an average joe's experience because they are not actors.

i don't seek any paranormal activities out i just follow my intuition with great success & i am open to whatever comes around & i will/can block out dark energy by doing a few different things, mostly by positive energy & certain chants & prayers.

a reason i don't initiate things with spirits or whatever they may be is because i've been traumatised pretty good so i'm not looking forward to further events of this nature. i just mind my own business & carry on & know i am protected by a handfull of guardian angels/relation, that's enough for me to communicate with. i know my past relatives would never be malicious so we're good, still it can be quite spooky

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    celebrity ghost stories

i don't seek any paranormal activities out i just follow my intuition with great success & i am open to whatever comes around & i will/can block out dark energy by doing a few different things, mostly by positive energy & certain chants & prayers.

a reason i don't initiate things with spirits or whatever they may be is because i've been traumatised pretty good so i'm not looking forward to further events of this nature. i just mind my own business & carry on & know i am protected by a handfull of guardian angels/relation, that's enough for me to communicate with. i know my past relatives would never be malicious so we're good, still it can be quite spooky

I guess what I'm asking is that when you're around another person who has had a loved one pass, you don't acknowledge that spirit nearby, looking for you to communicate with the living? (prime example: Long Island Medium, The Sixth Sense, etc.)

Just curious, and if you haven't seen Long Island Medium, it's a hoot. And have you ever heard of grounding? It staves off negative energy by protecting yourself.
  • Options
    i've never tried to be the middle guy helping folks communicate with moved on loved ones. sounds like that might be kinda neat though. basically im hammered day after day by energies from all over. my insides feel like a nasa rocket blasting off. feels like being torn apart & given thoughts on things & insight & feelings all erect.

grounding... i burn sage i get from the crow indian nation & my own positive energy. love the sage they sell.

i'll look up grounding though. do you have a good link on the subject?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    i've never tried to be the middle guy helping folks communicate with moved on loved ones. sounds like that might be kinda neat though. basically im hammered day after day by energies from all over. my insides feel like a nasa rocket blasting off. feels like being torn apart & given thoughts on things & insight & feelings all erect.

grounding... i burn sage i get from the crow indian nation & my own positive energy. love the sage they sell.

i'll look up grounding though. do you have a good link on the subject?

PM sent.
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options