Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    hedonist wrote:
    So provide me with a phenomena that has scientists baffled. What has occurred that we can't explain?
    Many of the recountings in this thread, as examples. There's a similar thread floating around here somewhere too.

wait so you're saying that scientists have studied occurrences mentioned in threads on this forum? :lol:
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    she's saying there's multiple supernatural threads on this site. maybe go read the ghostly stories & such
    several are on the AET.

im pretty sure you knew what she was saying. seems to me you are here to be a pain in the keester, yes/no?
    one thing i do sense is a smart ass & some bullshit

which is fun actually. have at it knock yourself out. i do enjoy some solid entertainment, low or high quality, im not to picky
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    I asked for examples....saying "look at some threads on here" is not providing examples

Surely there are studies being done by scientists who are enamored by paranormal claims and occurrences....right?

Give me an example

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    Everyone's a skeptic til proven wrong. Just saying, I've seen countless people cynical that any spirit exist, and then when they are confronted with the unexplained, they play a different tune. ...Just saying.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I asked for examples....saying "look at some threads on here" is not providing examples

Surely there are studies being done by scientists who are enamored by paranormal claims and occurrences....right?

Give me an example
    The experiences described in this and other threads are certainly valid examples, and I'm sure my Pearl Jam brethren aren't the only ones who've gone through them.

Skepticism can be healthy; I just don't see the need to poo-poo others because you feel you're above it (if you don't feel that way, then my apologies - but it's how the tone of your posts are coming through).

(I can SENSE it ;) )
  • Options
    Everyone's a skeptic til proven wrong. Just saying, I've seen countless people cynical that any spirit exist, and then when they are confronted with the unexplained, they play a different tune. ...Just saying.
    I've never experienced even close to some of what I've read here, but as others have spoken of smelling their mom's perfume, I have had that scent of my late father (not his cologne, but him) sort of...I don't know how to describe it...envelope me, I guess is the best term. Happened in a quick random moment during a really difficult time.

Was it me needing him and conjuring it up? Perhaps.

Was it something else? Also perhaps.

I will never know, but I felt him there in that moment.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter if someone can't prove something or have the best evidence to prove something, because even if they did it probably still wouldn't be enough to satisfy you (you as in general; anyone).

They can't physically show you what they went through. You have to experience it yourself.

If you don't share their beliefs or think they are crazy and delusional, then who cares. You can't convince them and vice versa. We are trying to have respectful discussions here. ;):D
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options

example?

• Options
    hedonist wrote:

Give me an example
    The experiences described in this and other threads are certainly valid examples, and I'm sure my Pearl Jam brethren aren't the only ones who've gone through them.

Skepticism can be healthy; I just don't see the need to poo-poo others because you feel you're above it (if you don't feel that way, then my apologies - but it's how the tone of your posts are coming through).

(I can SENSE it ;) )

The examples I requested were scientific studies. Surely if the paranormal is worthy of an intelligent discussion it would be taken on by those who are considered experts in the scientific/psychological/biological fields correct?

Where are these studies?

If I seem to be "above it" it's because my bullshit meter is set at a very low level.

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    no such thing.. you are either confused by a natural occurrence, bat shit crazy, or just looking for attention.. fact.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    no such thing.. you are either confused by a natural occurrence, bat shit crazy, or just looking for attention.. fact.

exactly... :clap:

• Options
    It all comes down to the $1,000,000 challenge....either get your million or STFU :)

• Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    See...it's comments like this which not only belittle but also profess to know. I don't know much for sure in that realm; do you? Why step on others to make your point known? It can be done without rudeness.

Anyway, as far as it being a natural occurrence, well...it occurs - or appears to occur- in nature...so yeah. Fuck knows I have few answers but my mind's open.

I just don't get the sense of dismissal so authoritatively. Actually no, I do get that mindset. It's the rudeness of calling someone insane or an attention whore or just...so sweetly naive and confused that accompanies it.

This thread started out really cool and as Guitar92 said, with respectful discussion, respectful differences...it'd be nice if it could continue that way.

That said, hope everyone's having a nice evening thus far.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    See...it's comments like this which not only belittle but also profess to know. I don't know much for sure in that realm; do you? Why step on others to make your point known? It can be done without rudeness.

Anyway, as far as it being a natural occurrence, well...it occurs - or appears to occur- in nature...so yeah. Fuck knows I have few answers but my mind's open.

I just don't get the sense of dismissal so authoritatively. Actually no, I do get that mindset. It's the rudeness of calling someone insane or an attention whore or just...so sweetly naive and confused that accompanies it.

This thread started out really cool and as Guitar92 said, with respectful discussion, respectful differences...it'd be nice if it could continue that way.

It's hard not to belittle. It's really like having an argument over whether or not the moon is made of green cheese.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Godfather. wrote:
    I'm teetering the edge on agreement with you, I know my experiance was as real as it gets but I agree the human mind/brain is much more powerful than some beleive or think,I think the brain stores memories and events that are forgotton and may even store events experianced before live birth..........but now I'm getting a little trippy so back to our regular topic and stories of the paranormal. :mrgreen:

but just to note, I believe we all have a sprit and what happens to the sprit after death is open to debate and question.

Godfather.

fair enough

I believe that we are animals and when we die we rot just like a dead raccoon at the side of a road. I cherish life but will not fool myself into thinking there is anything floating out of my body when I die.

at the moment of death I believe the body looses aprox. 1/4 oz. just say'n :D

Godfather.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    1/4 oz.

Damn...i need to feed my soul.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ajedigecko wrote:
    1/4 oz.

Damn...i need to feed my soul.

:lol::lol::lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

It's hard not to belittle. It's really like having an argument over whether or not the moon is made of green cheese.

But the possibility does exist that you might be wrong. I'm not necessarily saying you are... but at least acknowledge that the unknown is the unknown. I'm not religious and remain pretty convinced in my beliefs, but I do sometimes wonder to myself.

Regardless, Gern, (and not to sound condescending or like Kat) poking fun at people's belief system is kind of uncool. It's always okay to question and debate... but I don't think Dr. Seuss-like analogies does anything for the discussion except try to place yourself above people. You made your points... now (I think unknowingly) you are piling on. In my books, people believing in the supernatural is fine- that is as long as they don't sacrifice cats and children! Come to think of it... there's a cat that kind of likes my shrub bed... it can be sacrificed... just none of the neighbour kids. :lol:
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    But the possibility does exist that you might be wrong. I'm not necessarily saying you are... but at least acknowledge that the unknown is the unknown. I'm not religious and remain pretty convinced in my beliefs, but I do sometimes wonder to myself.

Regardless, Gern, (and not to sound condescending or like Kat) poking fun at people's belief system is kind of uncool. It's always okay to question and debate... but I don't think Dr. Seuss-like analogies does anything for the discussion except try to place yourself above people. You made your points... now (I think unknowingly) you are piling on. In my books, people believing in the supernatural is fine- that is as long as they don't sacrifice cats and children! Come to think of it... there's a cat that kind of likes my shrub bed... it can be sacrificed... just none of the neighbour kids. :lol:

I'm big on evidence. The paranormal "proof" is no different today than it was 200 years ago.

And I'm really not trying to belittle....but a thread like this is exactly like someone posting "Has anyone ever seen Santa Claus eat the cookie that gets left out on xmas eve?" You could make the same argument that I might be wrong about the real answer to that question too.

• Options
    It is simple. There are two types of people.

A) soul - mind - body

B) mind - body

...and i respect both.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    It is simple. There are two types of people.

A) soul - mind - body

B) mind - body

...and i respect both.

And I do to....but if the question is asked I can't resist.... 8-)

• Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    oh i'm bat shit crazy, that's a fact.

natural occurrence? they sure are. happens constantly & is fully natural

looking for attention? yeah i can't hardly wait

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

I'm big on evidence. The paranormal "proof" is no different today than it was 200 years ago.

And I'm really not trying to belittle....but a thread like this is exactly like someone posting "Has anyone ever seen Santa Claus eat the cookie that gets left out on xmas eve?" You could make the same argument that I might be wrong about the real answer to that question too.

You can't bring proof for everything. You have to experience it yourself. There is no proof for what started the Big Bang, but scientists are sure it definitely happened with only a few things of evidence. I don't see the galaxies moving away, but we take their word for it. How is that different than people saying they experienced the paranormal?
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    throw me in the fire you salem witching quaker fucking simplistic narrow minded naive none electrical fuckers not tapped into the cosmic grid that is ecstatic uncontrollable millenia energy

go about your lives. leave mine alone especially if you wanna be assholes. fact is you will not ever win this debate, if you can call this a debate.

jealous much?

you need to prove to me that i have never saw my grandmother's ghost & other ghostly visions, feel grandma's presence all the time, feel my brother's presence, my dad's & others. prove to me that (while playing w/ my two brothers on the backseat's floor of our parents' car) i directly stood up at age 5 or 6 & told dad to get away from the log truck, logs are going to come loose. dad lets off gas, logs fall everywhere nearly missing us by inches

i am protected by quite a number of guardian angels & other unknown energies. unexplained things happen almost daily or several times a day. i am just here in this life for the ride, i do not ask for any of this, it comes & it is what it is. if you cannot accept that, tough shit

you all can throughly kiss my grits as i do not give a fuck what you think of me

i do not give a fuck what you believe
    repeat this 4700 times

by the way, fuckers... women love the fuck out of guys who feel & guys who have a kind sensitive nature, they're drawn to this like a magnet. it is fucking thrilling to read one anothers' minds, thoughts, visions & dance across ever expanding eternity with my erect cock fucking in the cosmic realms

have a beautiful saturday,
    chadiest IV

p.s. ever tell more than one person what their house looks like whilst never physically being at their home? it happens

what's with all the doors? half your home is brick.

what's with all the green screens?

rolling stones "can't you hear me knocking" up next... pow, fuckers 3 seconds later... thank you radio dj & universe fuckers are sending signals again

now, about that large ass witch burning fire you badasses have got going... come get me

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    You can't bring proof for everything. You have to experience it yourself. There is no proof for what started the Big Bang, but scientists are sure it definitely happened with only a few things of evidence. I don't see the galaxies moving away, but we take their word for it. How is that different than people saying they experienced the paranormal?
    had this exact conversation lastnight... how can we look up at the darkness, experience all this, the stars, planets, milky way galaxy & these asses declare those who have experiences are fucking attention sluts, bat shit lunatics & we are fucking slow minded fucks jerking off on the internet

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    chadwick wrote:
    throw me in the fire you salem witching quaker fucking simplistic narrow minded naive none electrical fuckers not tapped into the cosmic grid that is ecstatic uncontrollable millenia energy

go about your lives. leave mine alone especially if you wanna be assholes. fact is you will not ever win this debate, if you can call this a debate.

jealous much?

you need to prove to me that i have never saw my grandmother's ghost & other ghostly visions, feel grandma's presence all the time, feel my brother's presence, my dad's & others. prove to me that (while playing w/ my two brothers on the backseat's floor of our parents' car) i directly stood up at age 5 or 6 & told dad to get away from the log truck, logs are going to come loose. dad lets off gas, logs fall everywhere nearly missing us by inches

i am protected by quite a number of guardian angels & other unknown energies. unexplained things happen almost daily or several times a day. i am just here in this life for the ride, i do not ask for any of this, it comes & it is what it is. if you cannot accept that, tough shit

you all can throughly kiss my grits as i do not give a fuck what you think of me

repeat this 4700 times

by the way, fuckers... women love the fuck out of guys who feel & guys who have a kind sensitive nature, they're drawn to this like a magnet. it is fucking thrilling to read one anothers' minds, thoughts, visions & dance across ever expanding eternity with my erect cock fucking in the cosmic realms

have a beautiful saturday,
    chadiest IV

p.s. ever tell more than one person what their house looks like whilst never physically being at their home? it happens

what's with all the doors? half your home is brick.

what's with all the green screens?

rolling stones "can't you hear me knocking" up next... pow, fuckers 3 seconds later... thank you radio dj & universe fuckers are sending signals again

now, about that large ass witch burning fire you badasses have got going... come get me

:clap:

I fucking love you dude!
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Caveeze wrote:

I'm easily confused, crazier than that, but definitely do give a shit about attention.

I don't let the lack of scientific study impede on my questioning things that just simply can't be explained. It's important to keep in mind that a lack of scientific evidence, does not mean something doesn't exist. The scientific community is constantly learning about things that were recently thought of as complete bullshit. I think to outright dismiss the possibility altogether actually shows unparalleled naivety of modern scientific study. This is especially true with regard to some of the modern theories that are becoming more and more popular within the community. Read up on your quantum physics and you'll quickly find that almost anything is possible. Learn a bit about the M-theory and you'll see that there are possibilities where distinctly different dimensions from ours are thought to exist and possibly even bleed into our existence.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    :clap:

I fucking love you dude!
    Ha! With ya on that, Byrnzie.

What I love most about that entire post - aside from its beautiful fanatical honesty - was this:

"i am just here in this life for the ride, i do not ask for any of this, it comes & it is what it is. if you cannot accept that, tough shit"

ps...can't resist a kiss my grits reference :P flo_mels_diner.jpg
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I fucking love you dude!

:lol::lol::lol: I just now had a chance to read the entire post and have to second your sentiments. I know you said not to quote you Chadwick, but this has to be one of the best things ever written on these boards...
    Chadwick wrote:
    it is fucking thrilling to read one anothers' minds, thoughts, visions & dance across ever expanding eternity with my erect cock fucking in the cosmic realms
  • Options
    Well said chad.