Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    chadwick said:

science can not handle this unknown & never will. probably 99.9% of all biologists, professors of anatomy and anthropology, archaeology & whatever else a badass ph.d may have a degree in. these folks are gifted brains & only a handfull, the 0.1% or even less, do field research on sasquatch. they are laughed out of the great lecture halls of nearly every university. that is a big mistake from the thickheaded 99.9% pains in the rears.

i have been reading, researching & listening to interviews, lectures & whatever else, videos, documentaries & credible eyewitness accounts from around the world with overwhelming evidence that says it is so on it is out of control: dermal ridges & mid tarsal breaks in footprints, dna tests on hair samples show alarming results, the list of proof is through the ceiling & may stream science turns its back. by the way human dermal ridges go the opposite direction every single time. does a human foot wrap around a limb or a log gripping it? no.

i say good.

main stream science is on a great deal of whiskey so it seems as well as closed minded & kinda slow at being open

i say start with gigantopithecus (meaning - 'giant ape') & go from there, you know just for shits & giggles. no im not saying giganto blacki is sasquatch. but damn quite alarming & only said to have went throughly extinct as close as 100,000 years ago. look up dr. russell ciochon

read "the missing 411" books. extraordinary cluster disappearances from our national forests & parks. these events will fuck you up. there are also interviews & lectures from the author - investigator - retired policeman. give it a go. it's all reality waiting for your time

science main stream giggles in the background like a bunch of kids on the school yard

dr. grover krantz (rip)
    dr. jeff meldrum
    u.s. fish & wildlife service biologist john mionczynski
    wildlife biologist john bindernagel (studied all over the world. we've wrote & spoke)
    5th grade science teacher thom powell

look 'em up. they are the real deal

I'll bow out since I can't be civil enough. Sustainable breeding populations of bigfoots in North America? In the US? That means there are hundreds or thousands of bigfoots out there?...And science is the one on whiskey?

There is no such thing as a credible eyewitness account. This is hearsay, not evidence.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    sir, you've no idea what you are saying. try & be civil so people can have a conversation here, a debate. or don't be civil, i like that too. your call, mister
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    dr. grover krantz (rip, g. professor of physical anthropology washington state university) (education: university of minnesota, university of california, berkeley & university of utah)

dr. jeff meldrum (idaho state university's big deal) (full professor of anatomy and anthropology & a professor of the department of anthropology at isu. he is also adjunct professor of occupational and physical therapy)

u.s. fish & wildlife service biologist john mionczynski (studied big horn sheep & whatnot. wyoming)

wildlife biologist john bindernagel (studied all over the world. we've wrote & spoke. vancouver island, british columbia, canada)

5th grade science teacher thom powell (oregon)

child psychologist matthew johnson (oregon)

retired professor christopher noel (vermont)

look 'em up. here i'll help
    it's a short interview & awesome

http://youtu.be/eF27XY4Zibo
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

sir, you've no idea what you are saying. try & be civil so people can have a conversation here, a debate. or don't be civil, i like that too. your call, mister

I walk the line sometimes. Sometimes on purpose but more often because I'm just cantankerous. A real debate isn't possible for us on this subject, we just don't accept each others precepts, so we are proceeding in folly.

you could take the time & follow a bit of the honest professionals & gifted minds i offered up. it's god damn good stuff, man.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    I could, and I appreciate you dishing them up, but I probably won't because I'm busy with Shelley and Keats this year. Also, science relies on rigorous peer review structures, which prevent people from making extraneous claims beyond the data they actually create. I can't say I created a black hole and get away with it, until someone is able to replicate my results, it is hearsay. When 99% of scientists agree that a claim is bogus, I have to roll with them.
    If I claim to be Jesus reborn with what can you refute my claim?
    If it isn't demonstrable and replicable, it is hearsay. Just a claim.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    dignin said:

chadwick said:

tiring & lazy are the closed off minds & souls. put your mind & soul to work in ways one has never believed. it is all at our fingertips, lots even closer

So what is it that your mind and soul are doing that are different than mine?

Are you admitting you have a soul?
    [-X
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

dignin said:

chadwick said:

tiring & lazy are the closed off minds & souls. put your mind & soul to work in ways one has never believed. it is all at our fingertips, lots even closer

[-X
    I'm trying to figure out the finger waving. What is it's purpose?

And to answer your question, no, I don't believe we have a soul, in the sense that it becomes a ghost when we die.

We are a collection of our biology, experiences, memories and most importantly our story.

When we die, that's it, we return to the earth. Nothing more, nothing less.
    edited October 2014
    http://youtu.be/Mh-KBrOoUsc
    amazing breakdown frame by frame backwards & forwards some 20,000+ times for months, countless hours of work done here (thinkerthunker is fucking awesome at doing what he does)

http://youtu.be/Z0k7_4C2WTk
    here's the original, go to 4:00 min if you like. (the man is as solid as stone)

pretty good stuff
    someone plz tell me this is a bear so i can pass gas

main stream science is in their little goofy corner laughing away like a pack of hyenas. which is actually a good thing in regards to this topic. by the way, there is a ton of footage just as good or better than this out there. some are hoaxes, some are no way hoaxes.

?isn't life a fucking ball

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    What is a soul? Seriously. What does that mean?
  • dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

And to answer your question, no, I don't believe we have a soul, in the sense that it becomes a ghost when we die.

We are a collection of our biology, experiences, memories and most importantly our story.

Then, explain what you think a ghost is.
  • rgambs said:

What is a soul? Seriously. What does that mean?

It's not for anyone to define, but yourself. What do you think a soul is? Going within and asking ourselves these questions brings about an more of an open mind and heart. But no one here can define it for you.

About the whole science thing... I love science, but there's a lot that science can't completely explain. Look up metaphysics.

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

Nothing. There is no evidence of ghosts, therefore I have to conclude they do not exist.

I can only guess they are a symptom of an over-active imagination or maybe mental illness.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

Nothing. There is no evidence of ghosts, therefore I have to conclude they do not exist.

I can only guess they are a symptom of an over-active imagination or maybe mental illness.
    Well then, according to your guess, Carl Jung, Freud amongst others must have had an over-active imagination or had been mentally ill.
  • dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

I read your post differently, I read it as you believed we become ghosts when we die. Thanks for clarifying.

Energy is everywhere. Everywhere. Whether we see it or not does not prove that it is not there.
    edited October 2014

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

Well then, according to your guess, Carl Jung, Freud amongst others must have had an over-active imagination or had been mentally ill.
    Well I don't need to guess about Carl Jung. He was mentally ill and Freud is a well known quack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud#Legacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung#Isolation
    Post edited by dignin on
    edited October 2014
    explain gettysburg, pennsylvania where countless residence & visitors hear black powder rifles, cannons & hear voices, hear weeping, mouning & see apparitions at a constant... ppl of all walks of life have experiences there. folks even catch apparitions on film - camera or video

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    one day i'm gonna make my way to gettysburg. i'll write up my report & post it

look up loretta lynn's house. it's haunted by civil war soldiers. real fucked up stuff going on there.

http://youtu.be/RACbxWm8SXw

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

dignin said:

dignin said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

[-X

I read your post differently, I read it as you believed we become ghosts when we die. Thanks for clarifying.

Energy is everywhere. Everywhere. Whether we see it or not does not prove that it is not there.
    I agree with you about energy being everywhere, but I will trust in the physicists to figure that stuff out....not the psychics. That kind of stuff makes my head spin a bit and I feel way out of my depth.
  • Did you look up metaphysics?

And visit Gettysburg. It turns every single skeptic into a believer.
    not only psychics see ghosts or experience the happenings

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

Did you look up metaphysics?

And visit Gettysburg. It turns every single skeptic into a believer.

It's a huge leap to go from particles spinning simultaneously to ghosts. I've been to Gettysburg and it didn't scare me, neither did the Bird Cage Theater.
    How about you look up perceptual phenomena, and perceptual disorders.
    chadwick said:

explain gettysburg, pennsylvania where countless residence & visitors hear black powder rifles, cannons & hear voices, hear weeping, mouning & see apparitions at a constant... ppl of all walks of life have experiences there. folks even catch apparitions on film - camera or video

Secondhand accounts don't mean anything. Anecdotes...its not data, its not measurable, and every time a hard science skeptic goes boogeyhunting they come up empty handed for a reason.
    People who believe in vortexes find vortexes, people who believe in ghosts find ghosts, people who believe in evidence find...no evidence.
    we don't have to go ghost hunting, they come to us. i could go to some lost ass desert & would get something at some point. take yourself to the 4 corners area. but then again you are closed up.
    no offense but that's how im reading your posts. but that's ok.we all are unique & special in our own ways.

i'll now look up the bird-cage theater... thank you for that

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

we don't have to go ghost hunting, they come to us. i could go to some lost ass desert & would get something at some point. take yourself to the 4 corners area. but then again you are closed up.
    no offense but that's how im reading your posts. but that's ok.we all are unique & special in our own ways.

It was one of the coolest places I have ever been! It's in Tombstone and everything on the inside is original...the card tables, the piano, the art, the bar, the poker room downstairs...with bullet holes in the walls and stage...very cool that you can see the tables where Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday dealt cards. Supposed to be haunted as hell.

I take issue with the "closed up" idea...you can't be closed off to gravity. You can't be closed off to electromagnetism. Positrons will penetrate your brain whether you believe or not...the forces and energies of the universe can't be available to some and not others, they are universal.
    rgambs said:

chadwick said:

It was one of the coolest places I have ever been! It's in Tombstone and everything on the inside is original...the card tables, the piano, the art, the bar, the poker room downstairs...with bullet holes in the walls and stage...very cool that you can see the tables where Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday dealt cards. Supposed to be haunted as hell.

I take issue with the "closed up" idea...you can't be closed off to gravity. You can't be closed off to electromagnetism. Positrons will penetrate your brain whether you believe or not...the forces and energies of the universe can't be available to some and not others, they are universal.
    Great point

dignin said:

rgambs said:

chadwick said:

Great point

Somewhat...you can't necessarily feel electromagnetism or positrons emissions with the human body and so devices need to be designed to measure them. That leaves the believer crowd open to suggest we just haven't found a way to collect the data yet... It isn't the weakest argument they have but it's not as effective as they might think, given the nature of the scientific process.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    chadwick, I happened upon a run of Long Island Medium - giving it a shot. So far seems pretty interesting.

(and she's a fellow lefty!)

Gotta get past the hair and nails and shit, but yeah. Watching!
    i'll look it up

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    OK, probably not worth your effort. I couldn't last more than part of one 30-min. episode.

Too much shtick and over-the-topness for me.