Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Had dinner with folks that have seen ghosts. One was 6 years old and other late at night coming home from party. I was cordial and will be here as well. Live next to cemetery so may visit late at night some more and open my mind. Who knows.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    My dad said that he once saw a ghost. Come to find out he was just drunk.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I have sleep paralysis events at least once a month, and I may be mildly narcoleptic. Learning to pull out of it over time has allowed me to pull myself out of all bad dreams. The term "nightmare" was originally coined for sleep paralysis and the "intruder" perception. There is a substantial amount of literature out there for folks who want real answers.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Why do some wake up at the same exact time in middle of night?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Why do some wake up at the same exact time in middle of night?

Crappy cheap alarm clocks?
  • Options
    There is still a hell of alot to learn about the shifts in brain waves that change your sleep states. My guess is that people who wake up like that have very regular shifts. I slip in and out of REM very rapidly, and the effect is that I wake at the end of each dream and remember each one as well. 3-6 dreams remembered every morning! Sometimes I have mild insomnia, and sometimes I slip into paralysis before I even fall asleep. It feels like falling into a hole. Weird. Almost once a week I wake in paralysis, but after it happening so many times I have mostly lost the powerful sense of terror that typically accompanies.
  • Options
    I wonder if timing your sleep cycles would help?
  • Options
    It wouldn't help me, I would dream about timing my dreams lol
    I have to be careful what I do before bed, anything repetitive will get stuck on a loop in my head all night.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rgambs wrote: »
    It wouldn't help me, I would dream about timing my dreams lol
    I have to be careful what I do before bed, anything repetitive will get stuck on a loop in my head all night.

Well if the loop involved being trapped on a deserted island with a very randy Kate Beckensale.You may have to rethink your objections and think about the possibilities.that is a dream worth having.
  • Options
    Hahaha if only!!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    watched a good show yesterday. 'amish hauntings' or something like that. good stuff.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Experienced a few things in my life, we lived in a haunted house for many years and IMO believe people leave behind energy which sometimes manifests itself, me and my brother were pretty stoned so not very reliable!! Saw an old man, known as George by the previous tentants appeared in the corner of the room crouched down, smiling with a wooly hat on, his smile seemed to say this isn't the end it's just a cycle. Also saw my nan appear in my room, sort of transparent , she smiled at me. On one of my mad walks during a drug relapse/breakdown I could here people giving directions, left, right etc and ended up in a isolated village late at night I looked above and saw a triangular craft about 30 foot across with lights in each corner, perfectly silent it got stranger from then but that's another story, they exist you know!:)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    edited February 2015
    I have no clue whether this is paranormal, but it sure doesn't seem normal: on a regular basis, while in bed at night, I feel like I get hit with a kind of jolt that I feel go through my head. Like, physically. It feels like a zap of energy or something. It's not like the feeling of falling or whatever you get while falling asleep; i know everyone gets that weird jerk through the body on the edge of sleep sometimes. This is totally different from that, and totally restricted to inside my actual brain, or that's how it feels anyway. It's almost physically uncomfortable but not quite. Anyway, i wouldn't think anything of it in any case - just one of those things - but for the fact that, 100% of the time, my cat clearly feels it at the exact same time. WTF?? :tired_face:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I have no clue whether this is paranormal, but it sure doesn't seem normal: on a regular basis, while in bed at night, I feel like I get hit with a kind of jolt that I feel go through my head. Like, physically. It feels like a zap of energy or something. It's not like the feeling of falling or whatever you get while falling asleep; i know everyone gets that weird jerk through the body on the edge of sleep sometimes. This is totally different from that, and totally restricted to inside my actual brain, or that's how it feels anyway. It's almost physically uncomfortable but not quite. Anyway, i wouldn't think anything of it in any case - just one of those things - but for the fact that, 100% of the time, my cat clearly feels it at the exact same time. WTF?? :tired_face:

Do you live in a home with a storied past?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJ_Soul said:

What you are describing sounds like Exploding Head syndrome (don't worry, your head doesn't actually explode). This is a bona fide medical phenomenon that luckily seems to be completely benign but feels uncomfortable. I'm guessing that the cat is reacting to you in some way - perhaps you are flinching or gasping or whatnot.

And yes, I do get this too, and used to worry about it until I found out what it was.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited February 2015

PJ_Soul said:

What you are describing sounds like Exploding Head syndrome (don't worry, your head doesn't actually explode). This is a bona fide medical phenomenon that luckily seems to be completely benign but feels uncomfortable. I'm guessing that the cat is reacting to you in some way - perhaps you are flinching or gasping or whatnot.

And yes, I do get this too, and used to worry about it until I found out what it was.
    Perhaps - I'll look into it, thanks! I of course first assumed that the cat was just being reactive to me, but over time it just didn't seem to be the case, since I know that I'm not moving or making any noise at all a lot of the time, and often her reaction actually precedes mine by a few milliseconds. Plus it just doesn't seem to be a normal behaviour for a cat who isnreacting to a noise or whatever. I know what that looks like. When this happens, her skin shivers and her whiskers kind if vibrate, that kind of thing. It's not just a matter of her looking up or anything like that. But i guess cats are more sensitive than people give them credit for.... which i guess would mean that my cat is somewhat psychic (or linked to me emotionally like Elliott and E.T.), and this is a paranormal case after all, lol.

Christ, exploding head syndrome??

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/exploding-head-syndrome-harmless-but-disturbing/

Hmmmm. This actually sound nothing like what I'm feeling. There is no imagined noise at all for me. In fact, the term explosion is not at all one in would associate with the sensation I'm getting. For me it is much closer to feeling like a smooth electrical current is moving through my head, from front to back, but with no kind of noise association...... but maybe I've got some kind of variation on it, I dunno. Some of it certainly seems familiar, particularly the timing of it. Since it's associated with sleep disorders, that rings true. I am going to a sleep clinic soon. I'll mention this to them (i probably shouldn't mention the part about my cat though, eh? Lol. They'd be like, "okay, we've determined thst your insomnia is being caused by your insanity." Lol!).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Do you live in a home with a storied past?
    Well, sure, I guess. I live in a 50ish year old rental apartment building. I don't even want to know what shit's gone on here over the years, lol. I even had a neighbor who died and no one knew until the smell..... :frowning:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    PJ_Soul said:

http://www.nosleeplessnights.com/exploding-head-syndrome-harmless-but-disturbing/

Hmmmm. This actually sound nothing like what I'm feeling. There is no imagined noise at all for me. In fact, the term explosion is not at all one in would associate with the sensation I'm getting. For me it is much closer to feeling like a smooth electrical current is moving through my head, from front to back, but with no kind of noise association...... but maybe I've got some kind of variation on it, I dunno. Some of it certainly seems familiar, particularly the timing of it. Since it's associated with sleep disorders, that rings true. I am going to a sleep clinic soon. I'll mention this to them (i probably shouldn't mention the part about my cat though, eh? Lol. They'd be like, "okay, we've determined thst your insomnia is being caused by your insanity." Lol!).

Sorry if I was off base, then. Your original description sounded more like it but the follow up "smooth electrical current" does not. For me, it really does seem like a sudden explosion with an unpleasant, grating noise, flashes of light, and some pain but instantaneously there and then gone.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Sorry if I was off base, then. Your original description sounded more like it but the follow up "smooth electrical current" does not. For me, it really does seem like a sudden explosion with an unpleasant, grating noise, flashes of light, and some pain but instantaneously there and then gone.
    Well i could just be having some weird variation if the same kind of thing though... it's this noise factor that I'm not relating with. No flashes of light or anything either, for that matter.