Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    I've had two dreams (many years apart) where a dead loved one is trying to tell me and show me that they're okay. One was the week my 20 year old cousin died unexpectedly. The other was a close family friend who had died 12 years before. Both of them completely blew my mind.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I've had two dreams (many years apart) where a dead loved one is trying to tell me and show me that they're okay. One was the week my 20 year old cousin died unexpectedly. The other was a close family friend who had died 12 years before. Both of them completely blew my mind.

I have periodic ones of my dad - they're joyful now. I hope you found comfort in those dreams as I have.

Years back, one of my beloved late aunts had a stroke, an awful one (like most are). In one of her precious lucid moments after, she told me she saw two of her sisters on a huge ship, suitcases next to them. They'd died several years before. She went to join them, and they told her she couldn't go with them just yet.

(and she didn't)

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2014

perplexed yet enthralled is what I'd be too....
    did you find anything else out of place anywhere?

no but i do look around just in case. for awhile i'd find the refrigerator door open. this kinda weirded me out a bit.

directly after dad died (i am positive it was him) he would turn on the dome light in my car. the dome light(s) physically need to be pushed out & back in as they snap in & out of their spot. i'd be in the car & all of a sudden (during daytime hrs) the dome light facing the driver's side was out & about doing its thing. that happened a small handfulla times & never has happened since & the car is older & has a ton of miles so age isn't causing the dome lights to open on their own as the car itself gains in wear, age & miles

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,788
    So weird to read the two posts above because last night I dreamed about my mom. I dreamed she was finally getting to the point where she was OK with having Alzheimer's disease. When I woke up it took a second or two to remember that she died from that disease a little over five years ago. The sad thing is she never did find peace with her disease until she died. :-(

Well, sorry for the downer post. It might rain here Friday. I'm happy for that!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675
    chadwick said:

perplexed yet enthralled is what I'd be too....
    did you find anything else out of place anywhere?

no but i do look around just in case. for awhile i'd find the refrigerator door open. this kinda weirded me out a bit.

directly after dad died (i am positive it was him) he would turn on the dome light in my car. the dome light(s) physically need to be pushed out & back in as they snap in & out of their spot. i'd be in the car & all of a sudden (during daytime hrs) the dome light facing the driver's side was out & about doing its thing. that happened a small handfulla times & never has happened since & the car is older & has a ton of miles so age isn't causing the dome lights to open on their own as the car itself gains in wear, age & miles

Maybe it's time to set up cameras.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    on this computer's webcam i was making a silly ass video & caught what looks like a shooting-star orb with a massive trailing tail as it jetted across the bedroom behind me & just below the ceiling. it is saved & i've shown a couple people & they were stunned. in the video im an idiot as willie nelson is playing. sometimes (well, quite possibly, all the damn time) women cause men to do stupid ass bullshit like be an asshole on video while catching some pretty awesome orb dashing across the bedroom about 7 ft up

gnarly behaviour

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2014
    Dreams are a way past loved ones communicate with us. (Another way is in apparition/ ghost form, what have you.) So all of you who've been visited through a dream, it's no accident.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,788
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Video footage of the Bolivian Soccer Ghost ... follow the link, if you dare ...

deadspin.com/bolivian-soccer-ghost-bolivian-soccer-ghost-1566640628
  • Options
    jmuscatellojmuscatello Colorado Posts: 332
    edited April 2014

Dreams are a way past loved ones communicate with us. (Another way is in apparition/ ghost form, what have you.) So all of you who've been visited through a dream, it's no accident.

Mine felt like no accident. They helped me see life/death in a completely different way than I ever had before - hugely comforting, totally unexpected.
    brianlux - very off-topic here: you mentioned your mom died of Alzheimer's, and that's what's happening to my mom as well. I don't know if you worry about the genetics or not, but I'm sure we agree it'd be a lousy way to go. I don't know (none of my business) if you're a marijuana fan, but there is some interesting research out there that indicates the CBC in pot might be very protective against Alzheimers by working on the CB receptors in the brain (that's me paraphrasing a lot). In fact, they think that using it in earlier decades may have a prolonged protective effect by kind of clearing out inflammation. Wenk is one researcher at Ohio State who has done a lot of work on it, so you might want to google him, which will lead to more info on it. Just fyi, for what it's worth.... and I'm sorry about your mom!
    Post edited by jmuscatello on
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited April 2014
    I'm a believer that death is not the "end", nor is it a terrible thing.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

chadwick" said:

well now as of last night it feels like electricity of some kind as ... i involuntarily jerk/twitch as im lying in bed & feel like a jolt of energy just went through me
    that happens to me a lot, like two to three times a week. it wakes me up. all at once i twitch, hear a loud metallic(?) sound and see a flash (while my eyes are still closed), almost like a lightning bolt. :lol:

i guess it's a thing.
    http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2010/02/17/4380024-loud-crash-at-3-am-it-may-be-your-exploding-head
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,675
    edited May 2014

chadwick" said:

well now as of last night it feels like electricity of some kind as ... i involuntarily jerk/twitch as im lying in bed & feel like a jolt of energy just went through me
    that happens to me a lot, like two to three times a week. it wakes me up. all at once i twitch, hear a loud metallic(?) sound and see a flash (while my eyes are still closed), almost like a lightning bolt. :lol:

i guess it's a thing.
    http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2010/02/17/4380024-loud-crash-at-3-am-it-may-be-your-exploding-head

That feeling of some kind of electric jolt inside my body happens to be all the time, but it's not what that article is describing. For me it's relatively subtle (but SO noticeable). It feels like a very minor electric shock in my brain and ears. It feel it in my jaw too, and in the rest of my body, but it mostly feels centered inside my head. Like something has traveled through me, kind of. It's not a pleasant feeling at all. If find it very uncomfortable and a bit unnerving. What is particularly curious is that whenever this happens - and it happens a lot, like several times a week - my cats seems to react as well. She jerks a bit at the exact same time, like a goose walked over her grave. This makes the experience slightly more unnerving.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    The year was 1947. Some of you will recall that on July 8, 1947, a little more than 66 years ago, numerous witnesses claim that an Unidentified Flying Object, (UFO), with five aliens aboard, crashed onto a sheep and mule ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico .

This is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered-up by the U.S. Air Force, as well as other Federal Agencies and Organizations.

However, what you may NOT know is that in the month of April, year 1948, nine months after the historic day, the following people were born:

Barrack Obama Sr.
    Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    William J. Clinton
    John F. Kerry
    Howard Dean
    Nancy Pelosi
    Dianne Feinstein
    Charles E. Schumer
    Barbara Boxer
    Joe Biden

This is the obvious consequence of aliens breeding with sheep and jack-asses.

I truly hope this bit of information clears up a lot of things for you. It certainly did for me.

And now you can stop wondering why they support the bill to help all Illegal Aliens

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    wow. Any serious discussion on this subject seemed to have fallen away. I wonder where it went to?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    The only time I have any physical experience is. When I hear that first chord at pj concert. So maybe that's my experience with the paranormal.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

What makes you think this?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

What makes you think this?
    We're first spirits, then we take a physical body, only to become spirits again.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,843

The year was 1947. Some of you will recall that on July 8, 1947, a little more than 66 years ago, numerous witnesses claim that an Unidentified Flying Object, (UFO), with five aliens aboard, crashed onto a sheep and mule ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico .

This is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered-up by the U.S. Air Force, as well as other Federal Agencies and Organizations.

However, what you may NOT know is that in the month of April, year 1948, nine months after the historic day, the following people were born:

Barrack Obama Sr.
    Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    William J. Clinton
    John F. Kerry
    Howard Dean
    Nancy Pelosi
    Dianne Feinstein
    Charles E. Schumer
    Barbara Boxer
    Joe Biden

I truly hope this bit of information clears up a lot of things for you. It certainly did for me.

And now you can stop wondering why they support the bill to help all Illegal Aliens

I was just looking at this thread for the first time due to the new postings today. You do realize, don't you Godfather, that the information you posted above is entirely false? None of those people on the list were born in April 1948. I guess that's why we did NOT know of it.

Of course, if you were just jerking our chains, then go ahead.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Barrack Obama Sr.
    Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    William J. Clinton
    John F. Kerry
    Howard Dean
    Nancy Pelosi
    Dianne Feinstein
    Charles E. Schumer
    Barbara Boxer
    Joe Biden

I was just looking at this thread for the first time due to the new postings today. You do realize, don't you Godfather, that the information you posted above is entirely false? None of those people on the list were born in April 1948. I guess that's why we did NOT know of it.

Oh man, this is to funny. :-B
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    I stayed at a monastery in Thailand for a few days studying meditation. One room was this screened-in greenhouse in the forest with a big Buddha and some incense and candles to light, and that's where I went for evening meditation. I still remember after what felt like an hour or so, I entered this forest and I saw all these rabbits and foxes running around... then I was jolted out of my state when I watched a rabbit come closer to me and then I felt its paw brush against my skin. That was pretty surreal for me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,843
    badbrains said:

Barrack Obama Sr.
    Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    William J. Clinton
    John F. Kerry
    Howard Dean
    Nancy Pelosi
    Dianne Feinstein
    Charles E. Schumer
    Barbara Boxer
    Joe Biden

Oh man, this is to funny. :-B
    Glad to make your day in whatever way possible, badbrains. I live for that.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,000
    I will reiterate my position for clarity and to open up a channel of what will probably be verbal abuse.

There are no gods, no masters, no ghosts, no tooth fairies, no Santa Claus, no bigfoot, no demons, etc.

But there is an Easter Bunny.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    gern blansten,

nicely done

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

I will reiterate my position for clarity and to open up a channel of what will probably be verbal abuse.

There are no gods, no masters, no ghosts, no tooth fairies, no Santa Claus, no bigfoot, no demons, etc.

But there is an Easter Bunny.

This is definitely not accurate.I personally know the tooth fairy.Although he hasn't been around our house in 20 years.He is a stealthy fucker,I'll tell you that.
  • Options
    I feel that this thread has been violently thrown off track. What do you think Chadwick, put it back on track with some of your stories?
  • Options
    yes it has been violently thrown off track. mostly i can not tell you what i think of all this as i like posting privileges

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollings said:

wow. Any serious discussion on this subject seemed to have fallen away. I wonder where it went to?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    chadwick said:

rollings said: