Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited October 2014
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

And gambs! Eleven senses? I always thought five.

Guess I have a meeting with google later on :D

Five are the primary senses.
  • Options
    I used to have a friend in Long Island.. ( not that Caputo chick either), and we'd talk on the phone a lot.. She always claimed to be psychic.. I never believed her.. Until one day I was making a sandwich in the kitchen while on the phone with her.. Now mind you.. This is way ore cell phone.. Pre google etc.. It was 1991. We had one of those cheesy bulky cores things.. So we're talking.. And as I go to put the knife in the sink, she asks me why we changed the curtains.. I stammered a bit.. Cause I was taken a back by that. Which curtains I ask. She says.. ( and this is the creepy part cause she was dead on!!) the kitchen curtains, they used to be blue floral, but yesterday your step mom changed them to mauve floral.. I really liked that blue.. It fit better.. Which was rely freaky, because everyone had pretty much said the same thing!!
    Then another time I was talking to her, I was in the barn at school, and she called the barn line to tell me one of the school's horses was caught in barbed wire in the south field! She was right then too! Really really weird.. I lived in Cakifornia then too! So it was across the country!
    Creepy creepy!

We met through AIC, but she went to a few PJ shows with me too. I wonder what ever happened to her..
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2014

I used to have a friend in Long Island.. ( not that Caputo chick either), and we'd talk on the phone a lot.. She always claimed to be psychic.. I never believed her.. Until one day I was making a sandwich in the kitchen while on the phone with her.. Now mind you.. This is way ore cell phone.. Pre google etc.. It was 1991. We had one of those cheesy bulky cores things.. So we're talking.. And as I go to put the knife in the sink, she asks me why we changed the curtains.. I stammered a bit.. Cause I was taken a back by that. Which curtains I ask. She says.. ( and this is the creepy part cause she was dead on!!) the kitchen curtains, they used to be blue floral, but yesterday your step mom changed them to mauve floral.. I really liked that blue.. It fit better.. Which was rely freaky, because everyone had pretty much said the same thing!!
    Then another time I was talking to her, I was in the barn at school, and she called the barn line to tell me one of the school's horses was caught in barbed wire in the south field! She was right then too! Really really weird.. I lived in Cakifornia then too! So it was across the country!
    Creepy creepy!

We met through AIC, but she went to a few PJ shows with me too. I wonder what ever happened to her..

it's not creepy at all. that's just the way it is. it comes in & that is that. it happens quite regularly, it's good stuff. i find it odd that folks don't believe. so you thought your friend was just bullshitting you, you know, to fuck w/ your head & stuff? i've never had anyone tell me they were psychic & they weren't. i know a number of them. we find one another somehow. good stuff. more are scared to say much. i would wager that there are a great deal of them out there & any one us could be friends with them & not know (but we kinda do know actually). i have friends that know jack squat about me. it's not something we go around announcing. but my friends & family that know, they know sure as shit it isn't bullshit

it turns out my g/f is becoming quite gifted with this stuff her own darn self. w/ have one hell of a thing going on between us.

Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited October 2014
    Ok,got a new one for ya Chad.
    My wife was walking our dogs the other night and comes home all freaked out and says"I heard my mom (who passed 7 years ago)say out if nowhere "Tell her to drive safe."So my wife answered audibly, ok momma.Although she was alone.
    Being spooked she called my daughter at college and said I need you to drive safe tonight and told her the story of how she heard a message or warning from her mother.My daughter being down with the vibe,agreed to be safe.
    Later in the evening we get a call from our daughter thanking my wife for the warning as on her way home from work a guy stumbled in front of her car on a busy dark road and if she had not been super attentive to her speed and the road she would have run him over.Then about 5 min later while still freaked out and driving even slower ,a car ran a stop sign and almost t-boned her.But due to her being on the ball she was able to miss the wreck which she said if it was any other night she woulda been jamming music and talking on phone and probably speeding.Both my wife and daughter were totally spooked by this happenstance and I can't say I blame them.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Bit spooky but very cool, rr (and whispering too).

No driving and talking on the phone for your daughter! Glad she's safe.
  • Options
    good stuff, rr

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    So Chad, you seem to know a but about this stuff.. When my Mother died on 2007, I moved into her room, and inherited her cat. This cat never meowed very often, but when he did it was really loud and really long! So one night about a week after her passing, I'm actually asleep, and I wake up to Buddy meowing hysterically ( which is not normal for this cat at ALL). And I sit up, and I swear I see my mom standing at the end of the bed, pointing at the shoe closet. I shook my head, and she was gone.. But I was freaked out.. We never found anything in the shoe closet.. Just her left over Meth baggies, and some weird letters to no one we knew..
    Do the dead visit is for no reason? What could she have been trying to tell me other than to clean up her last mess?? I never did understand that..any ideas?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    saying good-bye, she's watching over you type deal, things like this. read those letters again. "do the dead visit us for no reason?" oh there's a reason

after grandma died of cancer (dad's mom) grandpa quite quickly got himself a g/f. one night as they lie in bed sound asleep these brass bells on velvet ropes (hanging on the wall) just went ape shit nuts. windows closed, no fans going.... yeah, grandma wasn't to thrilled. this would be around the time i saw her myself as i was doing push ups or sit ups w/ my brothers as our parents sat there on the sofa in front of us. bam i stop 'for some reason' mid way in the push up or sit up, i turn around 'for some reason' & there she is sure as shit.... saying good-bye type deal & she's my guarding angel

can't go wrong w/ grandma

after years of things happening one grows familiar w/ the, 'for some reason' feeling that comes w/ it.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

saying good-bye, she's watching over you type deal, things like this. read those letters again. "do the dead visit us for no reason?" oh there's a reason

after grandma died of cancer (dad's mom) grandpa quite quickly got himself a g/f. one night as they lie in bed sound asleep these brass bells on velvet ropes (hanging on the wall) just went ape shit nuts. windows closed, no fans going.... yeah, grandma wasn't to thrilled. this would be around the time i saw her myself as i was doing push ups or sit ups w/ my brothers as our parents sat there on the sofa in front of us. bam i stop 'for some reason' mid way in the push up or sit up, i turn around 'for some reason' & there she is sure as shit.... saying good-bye type deal & she's my guarding angel

can't go wrong w/ grandma

after years of things happening one grows familiar w/ the, 'for some reason' feeling that comes w/ it.

Thank you. I will try to research who the people were in the letters..
  • Options
    Hey Chadwick, have you ever had spirits invade your dreams?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,287
    i was just sitting here thinking.....

why have the ghost hunters shows never investigated places where unspeakable horrors and crimes have been committed? i have seen them investigate gettysburg. but why not someplace like a concentration camp from wwII? there has to be some paranormal evidence in a place like that. i mean, auschwitz had over a million people killed there. if there is anything paranormal, or anything dark and brutal and evil, it would have to be there.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Huh. Second time I'm a referencing a Twilight Zone episode today (Death Heads Revisited). Not sure about paranormality, but the worst, ugliest sides of human beings flourished there...and some of the best sides died.

Maybe it's considered sacred / hallowed ground?

I don't know, but I imagine the air and energy there is heavy with those who were murdered.
  • Options

invade dreams... yes & for a long time now, however i am well guarded, maliciousness is not getting through. what about controlling our own dreams? sharks, sharks & more sharks. i've invited myself to be ate more than once by sharks. those weren't the most pleasant dreams but pretty violent blood baths.

this is the best topic on this site & it is overlooked & so criticized.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    i would not ever go ghost hunting in a place like auschwitz. no no no & nope. i'd not ever step anywhere near that place anyhow. to much negative & heavy energy there i'd imagine. i couldn't handle that air. i know me & whatnot. i'd be invaded by misery

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Something to that chad.I remember going to Salem,Mass and feeling this dark energy.I know it sounds hokey,but it was palpable.I wasn't the only one who felt it.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2015
    chadwick wrote: »

invade dreams... yes & for a long time now, however i am well guarded, maliciousness is not getting through. what about controlling our own dreams? sharks, sharks & more sharks. i've invited myself to be ate more than once by sharks. those weren't the most pleasant dreams but pretty violent blood baths.

this is the best topic on this site & it is overlooked & so criticized.

I've tried, I can't control my own dreams. Do you have a fear of sharks?
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    rr16, it isn't hokey

backseat, yes i do

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Do you think that your fear is what elevates the dreams of getting eating by a shark? I predict overcoming that fear by going to Florida and taking a shark tank dive. I bet you'll never dream about it again.

Oh, and I swear I was invaded in my dreams the other night. But it wasn't scary at all.
  • Options
    i am saying i was curious what a shark attack would be like so i made myself dream it three or four different times. basically i asked & received a viewing. the day i jump into a shark cage or tank to be with sharks is the day i jump out of a plane.

what invaded your dreams the other night?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Backseat,you don't need a shark tank down here.Just go in the water at any of our beaches.Most the Sharks will leave ya alone.But occasionally one gets curious.Shit we have Big ass Bull sharks that swim into our rivers and estuaries.So just tubing behind a boat will keep you thinking.
  • Options
    Shark is a mental metaphor Chad.I think it has something to do with bringing the troops home and cross dressing.I may be wrong,not sure.lol
  • Options
    rr165892 wrote: »
    Something to that chad.I remember going to Salem,Mass and feeling this dark energy.I know it sounds hokey,but it was palpable.I wasn't the only one who felt it.

i have heard that too. i have never been there, but a couple of close friends have and they said it felt really dark there. i think there is something to that.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    chadwick wrote: »
    i am saying i was curious what a shark attack would be like so i made myself dream it three or four different times. basically i asked & received a viewing. the day i jump into a shark cage or tank to be with sharks is the day i jump out of a plane.

what invaded your dreams the other night?

pm sent.
  • Options

i have heard that too. i have never been there, but a couple of close friends have and they said it felt really dark there. i think there is something to that.

It was some uneasy shit.

Went on a tour of Alcatrazz last year and all was cool,got to one corner cell in the hospital wing and out of nowhere got that dark foreboding feeling just at that one cell.Guides didn't know anything.I think on some level we sense that shit.And just don't know how to totally process that sense.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    so many questions and not enough answers....maybe thats what makes up ghost's ? or the energies of past peoples stuck in time warps kind of like black holes right here on earth....and maybe I just drank too much coffee LOL!!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options

It was some uneasy shit.

Went on a tour of Alcatrazz last year and all was cool,got to one corner cell in the hospital wing and out of nowhere got that dark foreboding feeling just at that one cell.Guides didn't know anything.I think on some level we sense that shit.And just don't know how to totally process that sense.

i have seen a special about the history of alcatraz. some terrible shit happened there. many prisoners were murdered there. bad energy for sure.

maybe you are sensitive to things like that? i don't recall ever feeling anything more than chills/goosebumps and heavy air at times.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    It was the last room on the right in the infirmary.That was it.The whole rest of the tour/grounds were spooky but fine.We did the extended night tour so that adds a little to fun.D block(solitary confinement) was a bit unsettling also now that I think about it.

Did you go Rod?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Great thread....
    I can control my dreams....
    I had nightmares since I was a small baby.
    every night for years.... eventually I had to figure out how to "lucid dream"
    It is really fun....and it is REALLY fun after coming down off of a psychedelic trip.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I seen some thing I thought I never saw. Covered in hair.