Options

Anyone Ever Experience Anything Paranormal?

Comments

• Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited February 2014
    hedonist said:

Good lord, Idris! Not only a well-written post, but done at 2am AND on a mobile?

Kudos.

Agreed. :)

Although I never did well in science (let alone physics), one thing for sure is that energy is everywhere, seen and unseen. Whether we want to believe it or not.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Why do I always come back to this thread? It really freaks me out..........
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    I had this really weird experience one time, I remember I was sitting in my bed with my back against the wall and I was trying to fight going to sleep,

as I forced my eyes to stay open, and failing multiple times I had barely opened my eyes and I saw a little girl with her mouth wide open just staring at me, It freaked me out at first and then I laughed, thinking it was my little sister I just said "Get out I know it's you"

And then the figure just slowly faded away before my eyes, it was a very creepy moment and I will never forget that night. Weird stuff.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    wasa1971 said:

Doesn't freak me out but entertaining. Till I see something I can't explain using science all good.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    callen said:

wasa1971 said:

Doesn't freak me out but entertaining. Till I see something I can't explain using science all good.
    I believe 100% in all of this. Has anyone ever gone to see someone who connects with those that have crossed over? I went a year ago last October, made me a believer without a doubt that if your willing, you can connect.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2014
    i connect with my own spirtual guides pretty much everyday or anytime i may need their guidance. they also come with helping hands without my asking as they can see further ahead than i may be aware of, although i am gifted with great foresight. some of my spirtual guides are relatives that are not living here like we are living. these guides have helped me in great ways. i ask for their powerful energy to do the guiding i require to live & make better choices. have i listened/felt messages for others? sorta. not as in depth as my own life that's for sure
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mj61mj61 Posts: 58
    There's just way too many first hand stories that I have seen/heard to convince me that "ghosts or whatever you call them" aren't out there. I want to believe it's not real but eventually you just have to accept it. It's crazy, really.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Scientists Scanned A Woman's Brain During An Out-Of-Body Experience — And What They Found Was Amazing

finance.yahoo.com/news/scientists-scanned-womans-brain-during-232752794.html
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Idris, I had to read this link through twice and still need to do so again as I think my fascination with this made me close to giddy.

Our brains - how they function, adjust, and on - leave me simply floored and in awe of evolution, of these bodies of ours. How nature ensures its life, does its weeding too.

And where do our souls/energy/memories/experiences fit in with the brain?

I think they're all connected. In such a humbling way too, when I think about it.

(highly recommend Oliver Sacks' "The Man Who Mistook HIs Wife For a Hat")
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I have one.

When I was a mid-teen, my sister was like 18-20 ish. She made friends kind of with this... weirdo, kinda. Just an oddball dude. He never was over or anything, and I think her and her friends just kind of used him to laugh at.
    He was way into a lot of occult stuff, and stuff with his mind/telepathic stuff.

We had a bonfire one night, got to talking about all this kind of shit, and my sister got the bright idea of calling this guy. He was telling us about this "trick" where you could travel and see things where people are. So we decided to do that.

He had us hold hands and meditate/concentrate, fly to where he was, pick him up and bring him to where we were... Then he proceeded to describe my house, moving from the back door to the back of the house (small ranch house). Mind you, this was back in the early-mid 90s with no cell phones, cameras, etc.

There were a couple things he described that were particularly mind blowing. First, he went in my parents room and said there was a large lump on the bed/it wasnt made... my dad had to work early and was sleeping in there. Also, I was an asthmatic. An hour or so earlier, I couldnt find my inhaler. I tore apart my already messy room, and moved the bed a little off the wall as it fell behind the bed, so it was at an angle with the foot against the wall, and the head pulled out. The dude described how all that looked in real time.

It was pretty crazy. Believe me, there was no trick/joke. The guy also went on to say he has had all sorts of encounters with demons and shit that I really cant totally discount.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Those encounters with demons he had was his secret to knowing what your house looked like through secret channeling conveyance my friend, he was a demon worshiper secretly. Bad people to mess with if you dont have protection.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, who knows. Wouldnt even invite that trouble now... From his stories, the demons were not in his favor though (I believe one reached out from a mirror and clawed him once?)

All I do know for sure is that there is no (current) scientific way that he could have known that stuff in the house like that. Nobody there coached him or would have, no joke was ever revealed, and I think he took this stuff so seriously, he wouldnt tolerate any kind of fooling around.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    What im saying too is he made himself a target for delving into that kind of stuff, like belzebub cannot destroy belzebub, inderectly he was using demon powers thats why he was harrassed because demons dont care, they no their lifespan is coming to an end soon in the abyss
  • Options
    yes, he did explain that his "encounters" were a direct result/penalty of his hobbies
  • Options
    Funny thing is that people dont believe in bad spirits until they encounter something and then they just look mad like the rest.
    Did you know most magicians are backed by demons and demon powers?
  • Options
    you can have great foresight & not at all mess with demonics. i trust my intuition & i've had real success.

i asked/told a friend (which by the way, i never been in the home, never seen the home & so on & so forth) & more than just asking a question but more of a 'i am telling you this' but i'm not there, you are. "what's with all the doors!?"

doors, doors & more doors
    doors overhead, doors here, doors there
    doors, doors, doors

so she goes snooping around the home looking for doors
    her dad took a pile of doors (30 some years ago or older) & made a closet with shelves & drawers
    he put doors in the attic to walk on & had doors in the rafters overhead in their garage

he cut up doors as scrap wood material to construct a cabinet/closet/shelving thing in the basement
    the best part, she never noticed the closet/cabinet thing he put together was constructed of doors but it sure as shit was

somehow this vision/message just came to me & for no frickin reason i can think of other than just being my open self
    there is a pile of this kind of stuff

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    wasa1971 said:

callen said:

wasa1971 said:

I believe 100% in all of this. Has anyone ever gone to see someone who connects with those that have crossed over? I went a year ago last October, made me a believer without a doubt that if your willing, you can connect.

100%??? I"ll never count any possibility out but hasn't been any magic, ghost or godly thing ever verified by science. If there had been it would of shaken up the world and been front page news.

Again not saying there isn't anything supernatural just.......

Peace.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited March 2014
    chadwick said:

you can have great foresight & not at all mess with demonics. i trust my intuition & i've had real success.

i asked/told a friend (which by the way, i never been in the home, never seen the home & so on & so forth) & more than just asking a question but more of a 'i am telling you this' but i'm not there, you are. "what's with all the doors!?"

doors, doors & more doors
    doors overhead, doors here, doors there
    doors, doors, doors

so she goes snooping around the home looking for doors
    her dad took a pile of doors (30 some years ago or older) & made a closet with shelves & drawers
    he put doors in the attic to walk on & had doors in the rafters overhead in their garage

he cut up doors as scrap wood material to construct a cabinet/closet/shelving thing in the basement
    the best part, she never noticed the closet/cabinet thing he put together was constructed of doors but it sure as shit was

somehow this vision/message just came to me & for no frickin reason i can think of other than just being my open self
    there is a pile of this kind of stuff

I have a similar story, I told in another thread:

I have a friend who I talk to who has psychic abilities. About 3.5 years ago, I was talking to him from my mom's house. We weren't talking about psychic stuff or anything but he nonchalantly said to me, "you have alot of doors in your cellar"

"what?"

"ok" I said. "You're right, there's an outside door, a little back porch extension door, plus another door to get in PLUS there's a back door"(my mom's house isn't big, quite small actually)

"Nah" he said, "there's more doors than that."

"what?"

The next morning, I went to my mom's basement, and in the little back porch room is... a door just laying there (for whatever the hell reason, I forget)......

I investigate further....I then discover, for the very first time, that a large shelving unit holding tools etc. is constructed entirely of cut up wooden doors.

what?

Now how was this guy, who I at the time never met, able to state, with conviction, that I had a multitude of doors in my basement-.....-doors that I myself didn't even know were there?

So, I call him & tell him about my discovery. I was very excited.

then he tells me....."oh, there's doors all above you too"

me = chills.

wtf, dude.

So up the attic I go. I look. I see no doors. I know there's two coobie holes/crawl spaces....

so I unlatch the entrances to each one but they're not lit, and I really don't feel like going in there.....so I had the good idea of putting my hand in there w/ the digital camera and taking some pictures.

Well.....I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.
    What was the "flooring" of both of the coobie holes was actually all doors laying across the beams.

what the ??? Again, at the time I never met this person, nor did he know/talk to anyone of my friends or family. PLus he lives in another state.

he also was able to tell me that my mom's house had green all around it and close to it.
    True, green fence and......white siding...COVERING green shingles. You can't see the green shingles.

Just crazy...

well, this ain't a ghost story, obviously, but more along the lines of those psychic energies, etc....
    I'm a believer. there's no other explanation.
    One doesn't just "guess" these things, and then state them true as the hands in front of him...ya know?
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This thread is great. I hope y'all keep posting!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    this frickin guy 'james randi' aka 'the amazing randi' just drives me batty. what a narrow-minded/close-minded cynical ass.
    his mind is made up that paranormal/supernatural happenings interacting with us on this plane or plateau or rock-dirt-water-air-gas & sky filled planet is not & never has ever been the goings on at any given moment, anywhere, near or far.

i have this morning been watching a few of his interviews & other videos on his research, theories & whatnot. wow, mr. amazing, just please stop.

i actually feel sorry for this man & people like him. he is supposed to be this gifted mind but is quite naive & simple.

goodnight, sir
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I was out with hubby one night having a few at a local pub. There's a really big guy who can be a real loud mouth that hangs out there on a regular basis and the type of person I really can't stand being in the same room with and therefore I normally steer clear of him, didn't know him other than by sight. Anyways, me and hubby are just sitting there chatting when I had the urgent need to go tell the loud mouth that he really needs to call home right now. He just kinda looked at me funny and ignored what I just told him. I had this sense of urgency so I told him, listen you need to call home right now, Christina from Georgia is trying to get a hold of you about your dad. The guy had a funny look on his face and went outside to get his cellphone he left out in his car. The guy calls home and his wife tells him she's been trying to get a hold of him and to come home right now because his sister had called to tell him that his dad had just suffered a heart attack. This guy comes running up to me crying and gives me a hug saying he doesn't know how I knew but, thanks me, but how did I know that his sister 's name is Christina and she lives in Georgia. I told him I don't know how I know sometimes, I just do. We are now friends, his dad passed away.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Yes, sleep.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

I was out with hubby one night having a few at a local pub. There's a really big guy who can be a real loud mouth that hangs out there on a regular basis and the type of person I really can't stand being in the same room with and therefore I normally steer clear of him, didn't know him other than by sight. Anyways, me and hubby are just sitting there chatting when I had the urgent need to go tell the loud mouth that he really needs to call home right now. He just kinda looked at me funny and ignored what I just told him. I had this sense of urgency so I told him, listen you need to call home right now, Christina from Georgia is trying to get a hold of you about your dad. The guy had a funny look on his face and went outside to get his cellphone he left out in his car. The guy calls home and his wife tells him she's been trying to get a hold of him and to come home right now because his sister had called to tell him that his dad had just suffered a heart attack. This guy comes running up to me crying and gives me a hug saying he doesn't know how I knew but, thanks me, but how did I know that his sister 's name is Christina and she lives in Georgia. I told him I don't know how I know sometimes, I just do. We are now friends, his dad passed away.

just beautiful

i dislike guys like that too which is a big reason i have avoided pubs most of my life, loud drunks bug the hell out of me. you done a wonderful thing without even trying or meaning too. & that is how it works, you just don't know, but you follow through & wham, awesomeness

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    edited April 2014
    No, seriously, I think sleep is the most paranormal thing I've ever experienced. How else to explain this: In waking life I'm a fairly limited guitar player. It doesn't came naturally. I've worked at playing since I got my first guitar in 1967. On top of that I cut up the top of my left middle finger in a power mover (I'm also much more stupid when awake) losing some bone tip and tissue which makes playing a bit difficult. I've never successfully written a piece of music that was more than amateurish at best. And yet in my sleep I've come up with some extremely good song and played well beyond the very best I've ever played while awake. I also saw Jimi Hendrix shortly after he died and he was playing a new piece I'd never heard- and one of the best. I fell off the earth to the moon once, and a few times was able to hover inside a zeppelin hanger (and both happened well before I'd ever had a drink or taken any drugs, if that's what you're thinking). I was shot and killed once in my sleep. I've fallen off cliffs and been visited by sweet angels in my sleep. Many incredible experiences.

And I'm guessing most or at least many people have had similar experiences. Does it get any more paranormal than that?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    EddieisNumber1EddieisNumber1 Brisbane, Australia Posts: 49
    When i was 11 i was at my friend's house and he was talking to me and right behind him i saw a ghostly figure of a little girl that was in a white gown or something and she had her eyes closed and she was looking up. I didn't think of to say to my friend, look behind you a ghost because she was gone 2 seconds later. I never even told him ever because i pretty much just remembered it until now.
  • Options

When i was 11 i was at my friend's house and he was talking to me and right behind him i saw a ghostly figure of a little girl that was in a white gown or something and she had her eyes closed and she was looking up. I didn't think of to say to my friend, look behind you a ghost because she was gone 2 seconds later. I never even told him ever because i pretty much just remembered it until now.

I hear alot of stories like that. Alot of people have claimed to have seen paranormal things and sorta completely forget about it and then years later is like "wait, did that happen?" Kinda weird...
  • Options

thank you.
    i have a question or two. "she had her eyes closed & she was looking up." can you try & explain this a bit? i think i understand how that would look but.... anyhow.... did you ever go over to your friend's again? i wonder if your friend & his family ever saw the little girl ghost or had any other types of activity they had heard or saw or whatever? maybe they had a dog or cat that acted out of order at times?

here's the deal...
    i typed this whole thing up days ago but i just couldn't hit the 'post comment' button as normally sharing my experiences from the paranormal or supernatural worlds of anomalies or even cryptozoology doesn't bother me much as i know i am truthful, real as can be & even gifted a bit in this stuff but it wasn't the time to click submit & as always, people may not believe someone is being honest & that the person telling the story is craving attention

this happens to a lot to people... we store a memory or something & forget about it & it could be decades later that we remember the event that had been locked away. i did this recently with having some pretty bizarre events take place out in the wilderness some 30+ yrs ago.

i saw a (what i thought would be some kind of monkey/ape) juvenile human-ish looking hairy creature on all fours drinking from a swamp with its one hand cupping water & balancing itself up w/ the other hand on the ground while staying perfectly fixed/focused straight ahead on the highway's hair pin corner we were on so the creature's neck was bent upward like & not straight so it could look at the water. so we were going slow, me in the backseat all over the car door's window as seatbelt laws were not on the books & bam... look at that! this was in some wisconsin cliffs somewhere

i've had a total of three events like this happen where i forget & i was young. decades just cover stuff up until they were brought up by a simple conversation with my mom.

my dad, his friend & me went trout fishing in the dark (late at night or early morning, i just don't know) & we heard something like the size of a polar bear or bigger just devastating this section of forest during a pitch black trout fishing night. we were close to this, 'whatever-it-was,' as it was just across this little stream. this dude screamed, yelled, ripped trees apart, snapped trees, snapped limbs, up rooted trees & threw them, smacked logs against trees & had a set of unimaginable lungs & vocals that went straight through you like infrasound. we could hear this fucker breathing & stomping around just pissed off; fucker shook the earth, i kid you not

this would be as if a gate was flung open at a rodeo & out came a very upset 2,200 pound bull goin at it like a very belligerent tornado or something or maybe a piece of heavy equpiment capable of screaming. intense just a bit? uh, yeah! time to leave,
    see ya, fucker.

northeast iowa does have black bear that come down from up north. this was no black bear

again... this stuff gets covered up by living one's life i guess. then all of a sudden, there it is, crystal clear, every stinkin detail like it happened yesterday. these two happenings are the reason i am into studying up on the whole sasquatch bit.

the other event forgotten & recently remembered (as i mentioned there are three) i am keeping to myself

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Awww :(
  • Options
    it's just personal & really deep. scary, brilliant & astounding, mystical & fucked all at once. i'll say this & it isn't nothing that hasn't been told. children have this uncanny ability to tap into this stuff & also to be tapped into. from there, stuff gets fucked up

ok. i'll tell a bit

i throughly believe a massive sasquatch knocked or tapped on my bedroom window & got me to come outside one night & he ran me around the house playing w/ me (me not playing but terrified). sounds way bizarre or even stupid huh? this was so real it was as if it happened lastnight & i was wide awake. it was so clear, the noises are still in my ears, his chest heaving like nothing one could imagine is right there above me with these piercing eyes gazing down upon me with communication surrounding this scene as the dude gave compliments & was even amazed by my bravery & blonde hair. im like 6 yrs old & getting telepathic messages that still blow me away

what is really odd, it happened directly after the night of fishing, like within days or weeks & i'm pretty sure i had no idea or a very limited idea of what one even looked like.

i will now sign off & never return
    goodnight

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    this thread is entertaining...in a reality tv sort of way