*** LONDON, ONTARIO Fanviews Here 7/16/13 ***

Comments

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,592
    Excellent, excellent show. Cant wait to relive on a boot. Speaking of, are there any links to anything yet? The gremmie link is very slow right now, I assume its busy over there. Thanks in advance!
  • BL446 wrote:
    rssesq wrote:
    wow..

and london calling?

oh man..wrigley gonna be..

Wrigley was alotta fun and interesting and Chicago is a GREAT city but
    London was the show.

I'll second this.

yeah after being at both and now recovered from Chicago I have to agree 100%, London was the show, Wrigley was an experience but the better show was London easily
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    Excellent, excellent show. Cant wait to relive on a boot. Speaking of, are there any links to anything yet? The gremmie link is very slow right now, I assume its busy over there. Thanks in advance!
    thought it was just my connection. , its been goin for 20+ hours.
    London was a unbelievable show. i was just reading all the craziness of Chicago, people getting knocked out, the merch lines, the I beams in front of 81 and realized i never post fanviews of all the shows i go to. and just realised i still wont. :roll: but London was insane, wish i could have went to party in Chicago but now im realising London was the better of the 2. i was first in line in the merch, the set was great, and didn't have to smuggle smoke over the border. good times.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • vickisomoyavickisomoya Posts: 184
    London you are so lucky! Sad, Alone, Parachutes, Brain of J, Lukin. Ed sounded amazing and they ROCKED!!!

I made the treck to Wrigley INSTEAD. Was a great night but hard with the storm break. They pulled us all back up again tho, so many hung on and stayed til 2am!!!! It made me feel so proud and special to be a PJ FAN! Real Lightning to debut Lightning Bolt kinda spooky perfect. Mother was incredible. Hoping someone posts it soon!
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

so yep, London was the show
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Just found mother. Ed's eyes!!!!
    take the reigns and
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone else think the bird's nest over the stage looked like the underbelly of the Concord? Remember that sometimes the nose of it stuck out when it landed I think, and there was that shape at the top of the triangle of the bird's nest?

well, maybe I was a little high, but that's what I saw :D

like this:

concorde_48.jpg
    shortstack wrote:
    i couldn't figure it out, but from my point of view it made me think of the garbage pile in the ocean :?

RVMMFC wrote:
    There also seemed to be old arms and stuff in there...barrels from guns, grenade parts that kinda thing

maybe it's all of the above. i'd like to more about it.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • What am incredible night!

PRESENT TENSE is one of my favourite songs and it was fantastic as an opener. UNBELIEVABLE!

I was super excited to finally get SMILE and IN HIDING! When I saw Jeff and Stone switch places, I immediately looked towards Ed and saw he had his harmonica! :D:D:D ALONE for the first time was also unbelievable!

MIND YOUR MANNERS sounded amazing live!

Everything was a highlight for me, absolutely no low lights along the way.

I did miss hearing Metamorphosis, though. That has become a part of the Pearl Jam experience for me. I don't know how long they've been playing it, but it has been a while, right? It pumps me right up! I hope they bring it back for the rest of the tour.
  • BH10628BH10628 Posts: 9
    Wife and I made the trek from Kansas and were lucky enough to score front row right in front of Stone courtesy of 10C. The arena was the perfect size and the sound was really good upfront. Super-nice people all-around. All the elements that make for a memorable night. Was lucky enough to get a pick from Ed after Sad and drink some of his wine that he poured into my cup.
    London was the best of the 49 shows I have attended. The band was very energetic and it was obvious they were happy to be on stage. Stone was much more animated than I have seen him in a long-time; he was on fire. The set list was great. I find it comical that people who weren't in attendence crap on a show because they didn't play an unknown demo from the early '90's. There is nothing generic about Present Tense as an opener, London Calling into Cordoruy, Sad-Alone combo, seated set with MOTH and Parachutes. Besides, it's not always about what they play, but how they play it. Ended up playing some of my all time favs like In Hiding, Last Exit, I Got Shit, Nothingman and many more. Just an overall great show.
    Can't wait until October to see them again.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    nice little package i made, chronicling the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXARImHpEmM
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    nice little package i made, chronicling the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXARImHpEmM

:clap:

Great job!! It was nice meeting you and your wife too!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    This may sound lame but I've had few experiences, not just concerts but experiences, that match the mass joyful intensity of that concert.
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    can't wait for the boot on this one. . . . :clap:
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • London Calling!!!
    Ed was on fire and put the band on his shoulders with him. The way Ed contorts his body to get a hold of a song, he surronds it with his being, his artistic soul.
    Black was so intense. I cried during the solo.
    Mikes solo matched Ed's complete imersion into the songs abyss. It was the best version I ever witnessed.
    Countless other highligts, MYM rocked, the boys loved playing it. Once the band finds the pocket of the song, it will bring the house down, but still a noble debut. Stoney rockin it!!
    The duo of I got Shit and In Hiding, two of my favorite songs in concert; Followed by Lukin, Not for U, of course Black ,and Porch to end the main set. What a set list!!
    I felt extremely honored to win the lottery and be front row center. With the (must needed) ticketing change in place for at least this tour, this was in essense the last seat lottery featuring front row tickets. I felt entirely obligated to dance, jump, move like a madman...sing out as loud as I could......i wanted to bring the entire audience with me, to be in front of this great band and to attempt to match energies with the boys onstage.

During Parachutes, Ed trading glimpses with Jeff, Jeff giving a nod of approval. At the end of the second verse, Ed crumpled up his song sheet and flung it out to me, which i caught, my only souvenere remaining. The young couple beside us got the wine bottle, picks and tamborines. Youth always wins out. As it should in R&R!!

I wept like a baby during Just Breath, holding my wife tightly and looking directly into Ed's eyes, and feeling the song for the first time. And seeing Mike visably touched, during Just Breath and Man of the Hour. Amazing. What an amazing honor to be in the front row for what could be the last time. What was weird was when I saw the tickets, I wasn't suprised at all. I felt like the 10 Club pIcked me just for this purpose!!
    So i rocked it as hard as I could for as long as I could, which was all fuckin night!!. What a night, what a show, what a concert. I'll remember that night more than Wrigley. Thanks TC, Much obliged PJ.
    All together now...
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Alone was the gem of the night

still love watching this performance on youtube

so greatful to hear it live finally
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    BennyLaRue wrote:
    This may sound lame but I've had few experiences, not just concerts but experiences, that match the mass joyful intensity of that concert.

That doesn't sound lame at all! The synergy of the audience and the band was a spiritual experience!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I can't believe that this concert was over two weeks ago already. Feels like just yesterday. What a great night!
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    They played fucking Brain of J and I'm from Denmark?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXhha-M11b0
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    They played fucking Brain of J and I'm from Denmark?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXhha-M11b0

This was so cool! Still gives me chills. Thank you for sharing your stories with us on the Magic Party Bus!
  • I probably should have posted this about three weeks ago, but never got around to it and just plain forgot after a time. London was my fifth show. And, I remember walking out that night thinking, if I never get to see them again, I will be perfectly happy, as I had just watched the perfect PJ show. The set was built for the fans and for the fans more than ever. My most recent previous show, I was row one front and center and it was an amazing show. This time, I was farther back, and directly in front of the soundboard. What a difference in sound it makes! It was dead on perfect that night.

I couldn't have asked for a better show. it was worth the six hour drive and the Toronto traffic, for certain.

Next stop. Worcester, night 2.
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    it was special. well worth the 9 hour drive there.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    smarchee wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmGROC6UNo8

just watching this

what a great opener :D

Just relived..........great fucking opener to the show :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • !!!CIPE
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    !!!CIPE

??
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • So, i am about 4 weeks late on this, but better late than never - right?
    This was an incredible show. Very special for me, as i think that the last time i saw PJ was in 1998 in San Diego.
    when the avocado album came out, i got right back in to them. Been addicted ever since.
    The last 4 years or so we have been especially addicted, PJ radio is practically all that we listen to.
    I have family all over canada, and we had been planning a visit to Windsor. We didnt make any official plans, and then the news came out, PJ were comin' to London. There was no doubt that we were gonna base a family visit around this show.
    Our trip was absolutely perfect. We landed in detroit on Thursday 7/12 and drove across to Windsor. then we spent the next 3 days with family and it was insane - my family are CRAZY. They like their beer, that is for sure. Monday afternoon we drove to London and stayed with some cousins there. We had a BBQ and enjoyed canada's finest beers. It was crazy! while we were deep in to our beer-haze, the 10c lottery tickets were issued for the upcoming tour and we got our special email! I shrieked with delight and kissed the ground thanking god for all of these amazing gifts!!!
    The day of the show we spent laying around in our PJs with my family just talking and bonding. Even with thousands of miles between us, we are super-close. Around 3pm i decided we should head on in to the adventure. My cousin dropped us off at Friday Night Lights (yes, she has a mini-van) and told us kids to be careful and have a good time.
    As you know, Friday Night Lights was PACKED, so we went to "the rocks" across the street from the venue. we got a sweet spot on the roof and all i could do was look at the venue and think "I cant believe that our favorite band is in that building and we get to see them in like, 3 hours!!!
    Anyway, i was so relived that there so no opening band. I dont think i could have handled it. Once inside the venue, i need to see PJ, ASAP. I started to cry as soon as "Present Tense" started - it was such an appropriate starter. Then i cried even more when they broke into "Elderly Woman..." cuz it hit me - iam HERE!!! "Parachutes" was the song that i told my husband that i wanted to see the most, but i had doubted that i would get it. when it started, my jaw just fell in disbelief.
    IWOW, i have rambled on too long here. Sorry folks, once ya get me started, it is hard to stop. I look forward to meeting some of you in LA and in Portland. I was in such a weird headspace and in shock, i didnt talk to anybody in London! thanks to all of you londoners for having us in your city. We had a BLAST!!!!
  • Now that the rage has died down a little maybe I can squeak this in here; I thought the London poster was sweet!!
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    Now that the rage has died down a little maybe I can squeak this in here; I thought the London poster was sweet!!

I like the poster..........so your not alone :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Now that the rage has died down a little maybe I can squeak this in here; I thought the London poster was sweet!!

its definitely better than Ottawa 2011
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • BLACK35 wrote:

Awesome man. I was pretty pumped when I saw it.

Ya Ottawa, not sure I would have bought that one. Maybe in the moment, but it wouldn't be getting a frame.
  • How long is it usually before the bootlegs come out? I'm dying to relive this night!
    Hamilton - 09/15/11 , London - 07/16/13 , Quebec City - 05/05/16