*** LONDON, ONTARIO Fanviews Here 7/16/13 ***

Comments

• SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    AWESOME SHOW! My wife and I had seats behind the stage on Mike's side, and I was really surprised how well the sound is even behind the stage.
    PT to open, followed by Nothingman, re-worked Corduroy, MYM sounded amazing! Sad into Alone into Even Flow... Fucking amazing! In Hiding, Lukin and Not For you! Last Exit rocks as always. I don't really care for Last Kiss or Parachutes, but they were still good. MOTH and Just Breathe were amazing and DTE was amazing to the end the first encore. Smile to open the second encore was pretty sweet and Rockin' always rocks!

Thank you Pearl Jam!!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    100 Pacer wrote:
    I'm the one from "Denmark" he got that mixed up. What a show, meet Eddie & Chris Chelios in the elevator at the hotel this morning, got a request granted and hi did it for me. Pointed me out on fourth row I ended up on the big screens unbelievable. Think I'm going to die.. Lol

Good to finally put a face to a Porch username. Smart thinking to stand up on the chair to take a bow! ;)

+1 hilarious that you did that
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    kenshunt wrote:

2 words

fucking awesome
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    anyone else think the bird's nest over the stage looked like the underbelly of the Concord? Remember that sometimes the nose of it stuck out when it landed I think, and there was that shape at the top of the triangle of the bird's nest?

well, maybe I was a little high, but that's what I saw :D

like this:

concorde_48.jpg
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    Very Solid show! Took 3 people to their first show (including my sister) and all walked away speechless....highlights were definitely "Parachutes", "I Got Shit", and totally ecstatic getting "Last Exit"....but the highlight for me was seeing my sister feeling the emotion during "Just Breathe", a song she played constantly after the passing of our Mom....all she could say was "would you just listen to that voice"...made it worth it for me!

Congrats London, the energy from the crowd was great considering how f-in hot it was....happy to see Stone really getting into it with some shredding of his own but my man, Mike f-in McCready was BLAZIN' (as usual)...and nice gesture to give that fan his shirt as well

And speaking of Mike, if anyone grabbed an extra pic that they're willing to sell, please drop me a pm...thanks!

Have fun in Chicago everyone, your in for a treat!

Peace
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    these videos are great! Ed is on fire!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • riensign wrote:
    Was Boom there? Cant see him in any of the youtube clips
    Sure was! BOOOOOM
    2000 - 10/05 Toronto, ACC
    2006 - 05/10 Toronto, ACC
    2011 - 09/12 Toronto, ACC
    2013 - 07/16 London, Budweiser Gardens, 10/12 Buffalo, First Niagara Centre
    2015 - 09/15 Hamilton, Copps Coliseum 
    2016 - 05/08 Ottawa, Cdn Tire Centre, 05/10 Toronto, ACC

• yraM yzarCyraM yzarC Posts: 18
    Well, what else can I say other than another incredible evening with the greatest band in the world! I was fortunate enough to win a pair of tickets through the lottery and had a kick-ass time. It is funny to read how some people loved the set list and how others would have preferred this song or that, but that is the beauty of this band. No matter where they play, no matter what the venue, there are always numerous and impactful memories to take from each show. Considering the number of times that I have seen them, I always look forward to the opening song and last night did not disappoint one bit. To start off with a slow building song like PresentTense was one that I had not heard before and the crowd crushed the chorus. As if that wasn't enough, the band slides right into another treat for us to sing along with, Nothing Man.

Sure there were some songs I wish had been played, as well as some I wish hadn't been, but I absolutely love getting Unthought Known. From the moment I first heard Backspacer it stood out to me and it was great to hear. And lets not overlook other classics to get the crowd fired up like Brain, DTE, NotFor You, and another killer tune, SMILE!

I hope everyone has as much fun at Wrigley as I did in London. Lose yourself in the moment and enjoy the set as it evolves. WrigleyField will be an incredible atmosphere and unique to all who attend.

KORITFW!
  • Highlight of the night for me was watching mike literally take the shirt off his back and give it to a guy in a wheelchair and his wife/girlfriend in the first row.

Never in my life at a Pearl Jam show have I even seen someone so genuinely excited to receive something from the band. they were so ecstatic that they were in tears and could only hold each other. It was unbelievable to witness. Very cool of Mike.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Just curious.... Did they play the same intro (metamorphosis 2, i believe) piano piece?? Looks like a fantastic set.

No, they didn't.

Wha?? Have they dropped this?? Always made my heart race when I heard this starting, that & the crowd going insane is truly a joy to behold :-o
    That disappointed me as well...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    riensign wrote:
    Was Boom there? Cant see him in any of the youtube clips
    Boom was there doing his thing.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    Great show, setlist, crowd, and stage setup. We had an amazing time and were worn out by the end of the night! PJ sock it to ya ever time.

TY for playing elderly woman ...damn I love that song..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Has anyone seen a picture of the actual setlist? At one point, it looks like they either scratched something off or called an audible.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    maynardsux wrote:
    Very Solid show! Took 3 people to their first show (including my sister) and all walked away speechless....highlights were definitely "Parachutes", "I Got Shit", and totally ecstatic getting "Last Exit"....but the highlight for me was seeing my sister feeling the emotion during "Just Breathe", a song she played constantly after the passing of our Mom....all she could say was "would you just listen to that voice"...made it worth it for me!

Congrats London, the energy from the crowd was great considering how f-in hot it was....happy to see Stone really getting into it with some shredding of his own but my man, Mike f-in McCready was BLAZIN' (as usual)...and nice gesture to give that fan his shirt as well

And speaking of Mike, if anyone grabbed an extra pic that they're willing to sell, please drop me a pm...thanks!

Have fun in Chicago everyone, your in for a treat!

Peace

Your sister's reaction reminded me of the night I discovered PJ, at Bridge 2010. Over and over I would turn to my husband and say, "Listen to that guy's voice-it's amazing"! Since then, I have been fortunate to see PJ several times, but I will never forget that first time!! :D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    edited July 2013
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Has anyone seen a picture of the actual setlist? At one point, it looks like they either scratched something off or called an audible.
    WWS was on the setlist, but not played. I'm at work now so I can't search Twitter for the link, but I'm sure someone will hook you up.

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/RJBiscotti/s ... 72/photo/1
    Post edited by uninnocent- on
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Fantastic show/set - as always. I really liked the slightly adjusted parts to Corduroy and Daughter. Mind Your Manners also sounded good live.... 'Present Tense opener was well received. I thought the sound quality in this smaller rink was great compared to what I've heard at all of the usual larger arenas. 'Fortunately had nice seats in the second row of floor 6 - thank you 10C. 'Seat neighbours were nice and friendly... 'just a great (sweaty) night.

'Can always count on Pearl Jam delivering a great performance, that's why I choose to spend $ on their concerts instead of professional sporting events without hesitation.

Enjoy the Wrigley show for those of you attending and safe travels. October 12th in Buffalo can't get here soon enough.
  • bigguybigeyebigguybigeye Posts: 205
    smarchee wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

2 words

fucking awesome
    Two more words

I agree
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,408
    Highlight of the night for me was watching mike literally take the shirt off his back and give it to a guy in a wheelchair and his wife/girlfriend in the first row.

Never in my life at a Pearl Jam show have I even seen someone so genuinely excited to receive something from the band. they were so ecstatic that they were in tears and could only hold each other. It was unbelievable to witness. Very cool of Mike.

That's a great act of kindness and story.
  • pjnuttpjnutt Posts: 28
    What time did PJ go on? With there being no opener, I want to make sure I don't miss anything at Wrigley!
    9/29/96 NY 8/18/98 EL,MI 8/23/98 Palace,MI 9/8/98 E.Ruth,NJ 9/10&9/11 MSG,NY 8/20/00 Cin,OH 8/21/00 Cbus,OH 10/7/00 Aub Hills,MI 4/25/03 Clev,OH 4/26/03 Piits,PA 6/18/03 Chic,IL 6/21/03 E.Troy,WI 6/25/03&6/26 Clarks,MI 10/2/04 Toledo,OH 10/3/04 GR,MI 9/12/05 London,ON 5/19/06 GR,MI 5/22/06 Palace,MI
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,034
    pjnutt wrote:
    What time did PJ go on? With there being no opener, I want to make sure I don't miss anything at Wrigley!

They went on just after 8. One review I read said they started 30 minutes late but who knows really.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    yes great performance. yes different lighting. but a lot of hype for "an evening with pearl jam" that was a regular show. with the title and the fact it was mostly attended by fan club members this to me was an opportunity to play lots of songs rarely played and to truly make it an epic evening and one for the books. would have been cool if they came out and said "we're going to make this a special one tonight, we have a lot of surprises in store for you" . then proceeded to play riot act cover to cover, or no code,or any other album, then proceed to play a bunch of rarities and a few regulars and that to me would have been "an evening with pearl jam". ed's vocals were spot on. he was in great form . the show as i said was a great performance and true gems were alone and parachutes. but it didn't live up to the hype.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    reditalian wrote:
    Fucking front row baby and it was AWESOME. Best band in the world and thank you for the tickets Ten Club!!!!!!

To the couple my wife and I ment from Kansas, have a safe trip home and good luck on tickets for the next show!!

Mr. McCready's solo during Black was my highlight...I get chills just thinking about it.

To all the people bitching, you are why I don't come on here anymore...STOP complaining about everything and just be happy with what you got because it's way more then fans get with other bands.

I've had front and center at Ed's mike stand just once. Incredible!

I agree. bravo!
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    foodboy wrote:
    yes great performance. yes different lighting. but a lot of hype for "an evening with pearl jam" that was a regular show. with the title and the fact it was mostly attended by fan club members this to me was an opportunity to play lots of songs rarely played and to truly make it an epic evening and one for the books. would have been cool if they came out and said "we're going to make this a special one tonight, we have a lot of surprises in store for you" . then proceeded to play riot act cover to cover, or no code,or any other album, then proceed to play a bunch of rarities and a few regulars and that to me would have been "an evening with pearl jam". ed's vocals were spot on. he was in great form . the show as i said was a great performance and true gems were alone and parachutes. but it didn't live up to the hype.

They played Present Tense as an opener for the first time I can recall, followed by early Nothingman, Brain of J in the 2nd encore, 30 songs for not having played a show in a few months. New variations on Daughter and Corduroy. Honestly, what are you expecting? Them to do a show like they've never done before (playing an album in its entirety, mostly rarities, etc)? Given the layoff, I think the setlist looks very interesting for a show, even one billed as An Evening With. 30 songs for a more than month layoff has to be close to their max if I can recall. Were the band the ones hyping it or is it folks on here coming up with dream setlists and possibilities what you mean by "hype"? From the bits of video I've seen the band seemed really on last night which is what makes for a good show, especially the first one after a long period with no live shows. To expect 10 Lost Dogs tracks, all deep cuts or a completely oddball show is always a fun fantasy, but never going to be a reality.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    The boot for this show cant come soon enough!! :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    Highlight of the night for me was watching mike literally take the shirt off his back and give it to a guy in a wheelchair and his wife/girlfriend in the first row.

I didn't witness that during the show. But I did talk to the guy and his girlfriend outside the venue afterwards and that guy was jacked and on cloud nine (and don't blame him) guess he also got a pick as well. But I thought it was very cool once he had told me the story and hence why Mike was shirtless :lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127

I was standing next to this guy and his girl. Awesome people and we had a great time with them. When Mike came over and gave him the shirt it was unreal and heath put it on right away, that was great!!
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Hawk123 wrote:
    pjnutt wrote:

They went on just after 8. One review I read said they started 30 minutes late but who knows really.
    I talked to a security guard at about 7:45 and he mentioned that the band was supposed to start at 7:30 but the got "held up" so they were going to start late. He also said that they had the venue booked until 11:15, so they didn't use up all of the time they had ...
  • deweildeweil Posts: 245

Awesome! A few questions.

When did he do this? (after show, halfway, before encore...)
    What kind of shirt was it? Just a black T or one of his rock and roll Ts?

Has anyone see him do this at other shows? I trades shirts with him at MIA but I haven't heard of other reports of him doing this (still hoping to get my Bowie shirt back! ;)
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,805
    edited July 2013
    maybe it was just my section...# 108..but i wash shocked and amazed at how many people kept leaving their seats to get refreshments....there was a constant flow of peeps coming and going....WTF? this is an evening with PJ!!!!!! why in the fck would you leave???????

other than that it was a great show...they all (ed especially) seemed re-energized
    Post edited by andrew68 on
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    WWS was on the setlist, but not played. I'm at work now so I can't search Twitter for the link, but I'm sure someone will hook you up.

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/RJBiscotti/s ... 72/photo/1

wow, indifferece barely made it...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...