*** LONDON, ONTARIO Fanviews Here 7/16/13 ***

Comments

• PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Posts: 1,375
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • rwrussorwrusso Posts: 17
    Epic show, great setlist. Band was spot on, crowd was solid. Nice mid-size venue. Doesn't hurt that my Ten Club tix were front row. Thanks Ten Club! Best concert experience to date. Stoked for the GA back home in Buffalo. Always fun to get up to Canada and visit with our friendly neighbors to the north. Cheers.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    andrew68 wrote:
    maybe it was just my section...# 108..but i wash shocked and amazed at how many people kept leaving their seats to get refreshments....there was a constant flow of peeps coming and going....WTF? this is an evening with PJ!!!!!! why in the fck would you leave???????

other than that it was a great show...they all (ed especially) seemed re-energized
    Some people have to pee a lot when they drink. I personally have no issue with leaving to use the can or grab a refreshment during a show. I don't take my time, but since I can still hear the music and make it quick, I don't see the big deal simply because it doesn't detract from my concert experience at all. It doesn't make me feel like I missed out on anything. In fact, it enhances my experience, since i'd just be uncomfortable if I have to pee or am thirsty or something. I know some would rather suffer than miss a single second, but not me and not many others. To each their own. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone else think the bird's nest over the stage looked like the underbelly of the Concord? Remember that sometimes the nose of it stuck out when it landed I think, and there was that shape at the top of the triangle of the bird's nest?

well, maybe I was a little high, but that's what I saw :D

like this:

concorde_48.jpg

i couldn't figure it out, but from my point of view it made me think of the garbage pile in the ocean :?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • LOVED IT!! Had side view 2nd row from the top but it was still freakin' fantastic!! Very cool to see Ed backstage waving to the crowd with the rear view seats.

Took my future SIL with me and she sweat, danced and sang right along with me! So worth the 2.5hr tiring drive home. Long line to get in at the gate was worth it in the end.

Thanks London for showing PJ a nice warm welcome!

TG Buffalo isn't too far away.. woooooooo!!!

Molson Park/Barrie - Aug 05, 1992
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 19, 2005
    EV solo Massey Hall/Toronto - Aug 13, 2008
    Molson Amphitheatre/Toronto - Aug 21, 2009
    HSBC/Buffalo - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 12, 2011
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm the one from "Denmark" he got that mixed up. What a show, meet Eddie & Chris Chelios in the elevator at the hotel this morning, got a request granted and hi did it for me. Pointed me out on fourth row I ended up on the big screens unbelievable. Think I'm going to die.. Lol

That is so cool. ;)
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    eddie seemed pretty impressed with himself when he sunk the mic stand into the stage floor :D
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    shortstack wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone else think the bird's nest over the stage looked like the underbelly of the Concord? Remember that sometimes the nose of it stuck out when it landed I think, and there was that shape at the top of the triangle of the bird's nest?

well, maybe I was a little high, but that's what I saw :D

like this:

concorde_48.jpg

i couldn't figure it out, but from my point of view it made me think of the garbage pile in the ocean :?

yeah, that could be along the lines of inspiration for it, with Stone's environmental interests
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    Just made it to East Lansing and wanted to post briefly about last nights show.

First things first I want to thank the 10 Club with all my heart.
    SECTION 2. ROW A seats 7 & 8. Right smack dab in front of Mr. Edward Vedder! :o :shock: I could see his neck veins. lol

What a show. Ed was on fire and really enjoying himself. Present Tense was a killer opener. London Calling blew me mind. You can see me jumping in the vids. It was a good thing I brought a bandana with me cuz I was sweating bullets almost as much as Eddie. The rail was all that. I was literally, outta my mind. I want to thank that cute ginger for the extra pic she got and then gave to me. :thumbup: What a night and what a show.

Thanks mucho ten club. Woulda neva thunk I'd win those seats at the last non GA reserved show. :clap: :thumbup:

What a trip so far and I havnt even made it to Chitown yet.
    Highlight of the night for me was watching mike literally take the shirt off his back and give it to a guy in a wheelchair and his wife/girlfriend in the first row.

Never in my life at a Pearl Jam show have I even seen someone so genuinely excited to receive something from the band. they were so ecstatic that they were in tears and could only hold each other. It was unbelievable to witness. Very cool of Mike.

i didn't realize he gave his shirt to someone. that is so awesome! i saw them out on the street later - the guy was hugging the EV look-a-like and they just looked so happy :)

i was in 117...great view of the stage
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    It's three in the afternoon.
    I am nuckin fackered!!!!
    What a show
    PT to open and indifference to end with everything else sandwiched nicely in between.
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    10eqb0o.jpg
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • IB27762IB27762 Posts: 1
    Looks like it was a great show. Wish I could have been there!
  • Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 204
    The London show looks like one of the most amazing PJ setlists that I can recall. How long does it take for a bootleg to become available?! I'm dying to hear this show.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Well, I scratched something off my bucket list last night as I sat front row center at a PJ concert:) My 13th show and I was again, blown away! Starting off with my personal fav, PT was a hell of a way to get things started and finishing off with Indifference came out of left field but was a nice surprise. Eddie threw the lyric sheet to "Parachutes" and hit my wife in the eye...lol (she was fine) but the lady next to us reached down behind me at picked it up and kept it!?! She was already given a pick so I thought the right thing to do would be to give it back to my wife since that who Eddie wanted to have it in the first place but whatever. Did not take anything away from my front row experience:) Now I just have to figure out how I'm ever suppose to watch another PJ concert from anywhere other than front and center...lol
    Cheers all and thanks for such a great night!!!!!
    Eddie threw the lyric sheet to "Parachutes" and hit my wife in the eye...lol (she was fine)

what? Did Eddie notice? Did he show remorse

Did it have some velocity and that is why it hit her in the eye or did it flutter from a lazy toss?

We need an analysis like the spitting incident on Seinfeld :lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127
    deweil wrote:
    Highlight of the night for me was watching mike literally take the shirt off his back and give it to a guy in a wheelchair and his wife/girlfriend in the first row.

Never in my life at a Pearl Jam show have I even seen someone so genuinely excited to receive something from the band. they were so ecstatic that they were in tears and could only hold each other. It was unbelievable to witness. Very cool of Mike.

Awesome! A few questions.

When did he do this? (after show, halfway, before encore...)
    What kind of shirt was it? Just a black T or one of his rock and roll Ts?

Has anyone see him do this at other shows? I trades shirts with him at MIA but I haven't heard of other reports of him doing this (still hoping to get my Bowie shirt back! ;)

It was at the End of the show and it was a black rock and roll T.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    Has anyone seen a picture of the actual setlist? At one point, it looks like they either scratched something off or called an audible.

http://pearljamsetlists.tumblr.com/post ... er-gardens
  • I don't think Eddie knows that my wife didn't end up with it. He had some zip on the toss but wife was fine. It was funny more than anything. I just found it a little weird that the lady would want to keep something that wasn't meant for her, I mean what is she going tell people when they ask if Eddie gave that to her? No, he tossed it to another lady and it hit her in the eye and as she and her husband were making sure she was okay I bent down behind him and scooped it...lol Eddie tried to get all the ladies in the front row a souvenir and she already had one, that's the kicker. At least give my wife the pick if your dead set on keeping the lyric sheet. I guess I'm at a point in my life where I see the bigger picture...KARMA ;)
    The intent of sharing this story was not to put light on my wife getting hit in the eye. Ed was just trying to something nice, that's all. Just thought it was a funny story to share.
  • deweil wrote:

Has anyone see him do this at other shows? I trades shirts with him at MIA but I haven't heard of other reports of him doing this (still hoping to get my Bowie shirt back! ;)

It was at the end of Alive. Mike was shirtless for the last two songs.
    I don't think Eddie knows that my wife didn't end up with it. He had some zip on the toss but wife was fine. It was funny more than anything. I just found it a little weird that the lady would want to keep something that wasn't meant for her, I mean what is she going tell people when they ask if Eddie gave that to her? No, he tossed it to another lady and it hit her in the eye and as she and her husband were making sure she was okay I bent down behind him and scooped it...lol Eddie tried to get all the ladies in the front row a souvenir and she already had one, that's the kicker. At least give my wife the pick if your dead set on keeping the lyric sheet. I guess I'm at a point in my life where I see the bigger picture...KARMA ;)
    The intent of sharing this story was not to put light on my wife getting hit in the eye. Ed was just trying to something nice, that's all. Just thought it was a funny story to share.

thanks for sharing, that sucks that the lady kept it when it's first contact was your wife, she deserved the lyric sheet
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127
    It was at the End of the show and it was a black rock and roll T.[/quote]
    It was at the end of Alive. Mike was shirtless for the last two songs.[/quote]

I was pretty ripped at that point so I'm sure you are correct. all I know is we had a few high fives after that!!
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • I'm the one from "Denmark" he got that mixed up. What a show, meet Eddie & Chris Chelios in the elevator at the hotel this morning, got a request granted and hi did it for me. Pointed me out on fourth row I ended up on the big screens unbelievable. Think I'm going to die.. Lol
    That was brilliant! I was 4 rows directly behind you. You must have been going crazy!!! :) I was confused as well, I saw the Swedish jersey and wondered why he said 'Denmark'. I thought maybe you had mentioned something when you met him in the elevator. Great choice with 'Brain of J'! I hope you had fun in Canada!!!!!
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    is it just me or does this seem like a short setlist considering pj didn't have an opening band? this wasn't a 3 hour show was it? from looking at the setlist, it looks just a little longer than a standard show, but no where near as long as some shows is een them play like state college 2003
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    andrew68 wrote:
    maybe it was just my section...# 108..but i wash shocked and amazed at how many people kept leaving their seats to get refreshments....there was a constant flow of peeps coming and going....WTF? this is an evening with PJ!!!!!! why in the fck would you leave???????

other than that it was a great show...they all (ed especially) seemed re-energized
    Some people have to pee a lot when they drink. I personally have no issue with leaving to use the can or grab a refreshment during a show. I don't take my time, but since I can still hear the music and make it quick, I don't see the big deal simply because it doesn't detract from my concert experience at all. It doesn't make me feel like I missed out on anything. In fact, it enhances my experience, since i'd just be uncomfortable if I have to pee or am thirsty or something. I know some would rather suffer than miss a single second, but not me and not many others. To each their own. :)

smoke pot and you wont be pissing every 10 mins like a druken camel
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Great show - highlights for me were:
    1. Parachutes - they nailed it and the singing was so sweet. I wasn't a huge fan of this song, but after seeing that performance, I love it and understand it now. Not played many times live ever. Lucky to have seen it without a doubt.
    2. Unthought Known - best version I have heard of this great song. Nailed.
    3. Sad - perfect and awesome.
    4. Alone - hadn't heard it before and they nailed it start to finish. One of my favourite PJ songs.
    5. Mind Your Manners - fast and intense - seemed even faster live - singing was awesome
    6. Black was fantastic, that's all I can say
    7. Man of the Hour - very emotional and Ed captivated everyone including the rest of the band with that one.
    8. Nice acoustic sit-down Daughter jam version
    New set and lighting is great and interesting and artistic.

Also: The poster is very cool. Very cool. Hard to describe. Original. Interesting. I like it. It's getting framed.
    Thanks PJ and see you in Buffalo!
    Also, play OF THE EARTH in Buffalo.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,894
    edited July 2013
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    andrew68 wrote:

smoke pot and you wont be pissing every 10 mins like a druken camel
    I'm not a fan of just pot when out in public. Makes me weird. But booze AND pot on the other hand... :mrgreen: No, seriously. It's fine. I don't mind having to go to the washroom. :lol: And just for the record, I don't need to go every 10 minutes. :fp: I'm just talking once or twice. It's fine with me (but aren't camels supposed to go for days and days without peeing?? lol).

Thread integrity: It really was a great setlist. Anyone who gets Parachutes is lucky in my book - wish I could have been there! I just hope Friday matches it at least!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LindsayLindsay Posts: 28
    All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!! That was such a great show! Got 2nd chance Ten Club tickets, and the view was pretty awesome! I had a sign requesting Alone at the Montreal show in 1998... 15 years later I finally got to hear it live!! Definitely the highlight of the night for me. It was my 18th show, and they continue to amaze me everytime. Off to Chicago tomorrow! Can't wait to hit the merch booth... This is going to be epic!
  • leespjleespj Posts: 174
    :wtf: great setlist
    Pearl Jam

1996-10-28, 2000-05-29, 2006-08-25, 2007-06-21, 2007-06-26, 2009-08-17, 2009-08-18, 2009-10-28, 2010-06-23, 2010-07-03, 2010-07-06, 2010-10-23, 2010-10-24, 2011-09-14, 2011-09-15, 2012-06-20, 2012-06-21, 2012-07-04, 2012-07-05, 2013-10-15, 2013-10-18, 2014-06-26, 2014-06-28, 2014-07-08, 2014-07-11, 2014-10-17, 2014-10-20, 2016-05-02, 2016-05-05, 2018-06-18, 2018-07-03, 2018-07-05, 2022-07-25.

Eddie Vedder

2012-07-28, 2012-07-30, 2012-11-15, 2017-06-11, 2019-06-25, 2019-07-03.

Brad

2013-02-08.

• Great show. Nice setlist. I was confused by the story about the crack addicts. Seemed like he was going to pull off something really rare, as the story started with him on the internet looking for stuff they haven't played all that often. And then they played I Got I.D. which I love, but not that rare. Crowd was good, singing along to everything. Could tell that this wasn't just a warmup gig for them. That they actually wanted to be there. MYM was crazy. If the single is any representation of the album, we are in for something special. Great show.

See you in Buffalo fellas.
    GA too. Still can't believe that. Haven't seen them GA since Lollapalooza in Detroit.
  • TU27211TU27211 Posts: 16
    deweil wrote:

It was an Iggy and the Stooges shirt!