Big Brother 15

ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
It's that time of the summer again. Looks like there are some cool changes this summer but we'll wait until after the premier to discuss so we can keep this thing spoiler free.
This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    Can't wait!! Love this show :D
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Whoohoo! I'm not craving it as much as usual because BB Canada premiered in the winter, and it was awesome, but I'm still looking forward to the US's 15th season. I'm a huge Big Brother nerd. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Glad to see that others here like BB - it is my guilty pleasure. Can't wait to discuss with you! Who are your favorite house guests from previous seasons? Mine are: Dr. Will, Kaysar, Janelle, Evil Dick, and Jeff and Jordan.

:corn:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Whoohoo! I'm not craving it as much as usual because BB Canada premiered in the winter, and it was awesome, but I'm still looking forward to the US's 15th season. I'm a huge Big Brother nerd. :P
    I'm a BB nerd too....my husband makes fun of me cuz I get so into it. I really liked BB Canada too! Wasn't sure how it would be but it was great! Still excited for the new season of BB US though.
    jlaustin wrote:
    Glad to see that others here like BB - it is my guilty pleasure. Can't wait to discuss with you! Who are your favorite house guests from previous seasons? Mine are: Dr. Will, Kaysar, Janelle, Evil Dick, and Jeff and Jordan.

I have the same favourites. The season with Janelle and Kaysar and them was my favourite I think. I also adored Jeff and Jordan. They were so cute!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    jlaustin wrote:

Dr. Will is my all-time favorite, then Jeff and Jordan. After that, I forget most people's names. I'm terrible with remembering all their names even from the last and even current season, let alone all of the seasons.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    lpeddle wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

I have the same favourites. The season with Janelle and Kaysar and them was my favourite I think. I also adored Jeff and Jordan. They were so cute!

I absolutely hated that Maggie won that season - that whole crew was so clueless thinking that people (viewers) loved them.
    2015 Central Park

PJ_Soul wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

Dr. Will is my all-time favorite, then Jeff and Jordan. After that, I forget most people's names. I'm terrible with remembering all their names even from the last and even current season, let alone all of the seasons.

I totally have a hard time remembering names - it usually takes me a few weeks to finally get them during the season. I usually say "the blonde one or the bitchy one or the a-hole" for most of the season!

:lol:
    2015 Central Park

jlaustin wrote:
    lpeddle wrote:
    jlaustin wrote:

I absolutely hated that Maggie won that season - that whole crew was so clueless thinking that people (viewers) loved them.
    I know!! The "nerd herd" was the best nickname ever!!
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    2 from Minnesota this year, Katlin and McCrae, ha! Too funny!!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    Four from texas too. Young cast all around. I like the twists.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    I had to DVR it, so I'll chime in tomorrow! Look forward to the conversation!
    2015 Central Park

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I'm already annoyed with people. :D Staten Island chick needs to shutty and the chick that thinks she's the most beautiful person in the world needs a reality check. It was hilarious when someone said that the Staten Island girl laughs in her accent.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I'm already annoyed with people. :D Staten Island chick needs to shutty and the chick that thinks she's the most beautiful person in the world needs a reality check. It was hilarious when someone said that the Staten Island girl laughs in her accent.
    :thumbup: :mrgreen:

It was a fun and much-needed mindless watch last night.

The lifeguard with THE HAIR? Gimme a fuckin break - he makes Spicoli look like Einstein.

I like that McCrae dude though.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The 3 nominees disrupts this game so much !

The girl from the Isle of Staten better mellow out quick
    or she's going to scare them all into evicting her !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    I wonder if Rachel's sister will be as annoying :fp:
    Liking the new "twist". Agree that there are quite a few annoying characters - Staten Island, "pretty" delusional chick, lifeguard, and guy who lives on the boat for sure. First impressions, I'm liking McRae, Spencer, Howard, Andy, Kaitlyn, and Erin (sp). In the past, I have checked out the Joker's Updates site for BB discussions - anyone else?
    2015 Central Park

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    It's funny how they all think the pizza boy is lying about his profession. I hope that doesn't get him out early.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    After watching BBAD last night - I think I need to change my favorites... Aaryn and Kaitlyn seem very bitchy. Still liking Spencer, Howard, and McCrae. Helen seems pretty cool.
    2015 Central Park

• lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I tried really hard to resist watching this year. but since the DVR caught it --- I got roped in!! crap!

The Life guard is a total Tool!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    rpech'e wrote:
    I wonder if Rachel's sister will be as annoying :fp:
    She's a carbon copy, so yes!!! It hurts my eyes to look at her. And the girl from Staten Island needs to go, I don't care how wonderful her boobs are. I like Howard and Spencer. Seem like 2 solid dudes. Jeremy needs to go soon too!
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    It's nice that BB After Dark is on TVGN this season. It's included on most basic sat packages. Every previous season we actually subscribed to Showtime during BB just so we could watch the After Dark shows.
    Shawshank wrote:
    It's nice that BB After Dark is on TVGN this season. It's included on most basic sat packages. Every previous season we actually subscribed to Showtime during BB just so we could watch the After Dark shows.

I thought it would be ok, but all of the bleeping makes it very hard to follow the conversations. Also, with all the commercials it is like we are only getting about an hour and a half of show. We already have Showtime, so I wish they would go back to that.

On another note, I am disappointed in the number of racist comments that I have read that Ginamarie, Spencer, and Kaitlyn have made. Spencer is now off my favorites list. Pulling for McCrae, Howard, and Helen now. I'm sure this will change many more times! :lol:
    2015 Central Park

• ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Ya I agree about the overly censored conversations are harder to follow for sure.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I think Andy the redhead is going to play a good game. He seems smart and calculating so far. If he doesn't piss any one off he could sneak by for a long time.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    Shawshank wrote:

i thought it a pain in the ass.
    I have had Showtime for some years,
    and now I just dont know how to view after dark.
    ( I thought it was only for Direct TV - Dish Subscribers ! Thats sucks ! )
    platessmall.jpg
    Theres a TVGN finder according to your zip code and carrier on the BB website.

Also, theres aparently an application for your smartphone you can download also,--for the reall BB junkies out there.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/
    platessmall.jpg
    edited July 2013
    Most racist cast ever ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/0 ... =webmail13

The "Big Brother" live feeds are always streaming, and they've captured some racist and homophobic and comments from the show's contestants.

In a video, GinaMarie, Aaryn and Kaitlin take turns hurling stereotypes at their Asian, African-American and gay competitors in a conversation that was edited out of the reality show's CBS airing.

Aaryn and GinaMarie first made fun of Helen, an Asian-American contestant. "Dude, shut up, go make some rice," Aaryn says. Later, GinaMarie adds, "Andy was like, 'I'm gonna punch her in the face,' and I was like, 'Maybe that'll make her eyes straight.'"

The conversation then turned to Howard and Candice, two African-American contestants. "Blacks stick together ... They're like tokens ... They're like black Barbie and Kens," someone on the tape says, before another voice says that Candice's "blackness" was coming out.

They then worried aloud about Andy getting the MVP "because everybody loves the queers."

Zap2It reports that after the conversation, producers got on the "Big Brother" house loudspeaker to warn the contestants not to use racial slurs against other housemates.

Former "Big Brother" contestant Ragan Fox wrote an open letter to the "Big Brother" production team, urging them to actually air the racist comments on the show's CBS broadcast, to provide a full picture of how these contestants actually treat other people. "What’s the point of casting racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities if production’s going to edit out the racism, ethnic discrimination, and homophobia that these people encounter inside the house?" he asks.

"Big Brother 15" airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET, Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Former "Big Brother" contestant Ragan Fox wrote an open letter to the "Big Brother" production team, urging them to actually air the racist comments on the show's CBS broadcast, to provide a full picture of how these contestants actually treat other people. "What’s the point of casting racial, ethnic, and sexual minorities if production’s going to edit out the racism, ethnic discrimination, and homophobia that these people encounter inside the house?" he asks.
    I agree - I mean, I get the show needs to be edited for reasons related to time and the game itself, but I'm all for revealing people's true (and in this case, pretty sad and blatant) colors, for better or worse. As with "real life", I'd rather KNOW someone's a bigot, or closeminded, or cruel, rather than it being hidden.
    hedonist wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I agree - I mean, I get the show needs to be edited for reasons related to time and the game itself, but I'm all for revealing people's true (and in this case, pretty sad and blatant) colors, for better or worse. As with "real life", I'd rather KNOW someone's a bigot, or closeminded, or cruel, rather than it being hidden.

They definitely need to show this on the CBS broadcast. I knew about it a few days ago, because I read a live feed transcript (I know - I'm a BB nerd ;) ). It happens multiple times a day. Really sad that people still have these beliefs.
    2015 Central Park