Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Wow,this thread actually makes me glad I don't have GA for my second show ever.I'm a mouthy bitch,and I think that would end up coming out if people were being slimy about the line/list. Glad I'm not going to see that potentially ugle side of PJ fans. I hope that the people that wait in line all day get the best spots.
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    its so funny how people think and afraid "the unknown"...

its just a fuckin concert...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

I'm afraid of meeting you. You know all your knowledge about dicks and all. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    It's one thing to be waiting in line for a whole day and leave for a few minutes to take a piss or buy some Burger King.

But people want a list and be in the line and still go to a party and go back to the hotel and shower before the concert?

What the fuck is that...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    It's one thing to be waiting in line for a whole day and leave for a few minutes to take a piss or buy some Burger King.

But people want a list and be in the line and still go to a party and go back to the hotel and shower before the concert?

What the fuck is that...
    Thats why we say here in europe,, italians fucking up when they doing the list.. :lol::lol::lol:

seriously,i dont get that part too..anyway..for me..is so easy this to work,,isnt biggie..
    i dont do the list,i dont wait in line,
    sometimes im hours out of the venue,chating with fans at the line but i dont care or get crazy about get in early..

i dont see the pro with the whole..all gonna work just fine at Wrigley,and we gonna have great time..

i know and understand some people feel this is so important,cos see pj from the rail at GA show and feel all this energy from stage and your back coming to you is really unreal experience,unique..
    i tottaly understand that..but be in the 6th-7th row at a GA crowd,,is great too!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

What the fuck is that...
    +1
    You wanna be up front you wait in the line. Doesnt matter if your absence is charitable. Move your feet lose your seat. ;)
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

nah...im the most easy going to meet...and you can find me easily!..well..lets say that around me are almost always only girls!!!im a ladies type of man!!
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Horos wrote:

nah...im the most easy going to meet...and you can find me easily!..well..lets say that around me are almost always only girls!!!im a ladies type of man!!
    How do you say sarcasm in greeklish? The little wink means I'm kidding.

You're a lady man? We call then TVs here. ;)
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

yep!!i got it!!i just use it to say where u can find me!!not around dicks,but around girls!!! ;)
    seems my sarcasm was bad.. :fp: :lol:

and sarcasm is a Greek word.. :mrgreen:

oh,,didnt know that called this way!!! TVs!!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    be in the 6th-7th row at a GA crowd,,is great !!

Specially if your on Mike's side 8-) .

That's where I'll be :ugeek:.........See you there D :mrgreen:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options

Specially if your on Mike's side 8-) .

That's where I'll be :ugeek:.........See you there D :mrgreen:
    there is only ONE side at Pearl Jam shows..... ;)

yeah..well..u are one of the guys ill be with at GA..... :mrgreen:

Will you bring the hat?..ok...fool me..what im asking..is like u asking me if ill bring the flag.. :lol:
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Horos wrote:

yep!!i got it!!i just use it to say where u can find me!!not around dicks,but around girls!!! ;)

Is orgasm also a Greek word?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    How do you say sarcasm in greeklish?

You're a lady man;)

oh,,didnt know that called this way!!! TVs!!

I would tend to believe that Sarcasm is a Greek word. We also have this contagion. In Turkey, the level of friendship is directly proportional to the level of sarcasm between people.

I really had to learn to curb my sarcastic ways later when I moved out of my country,

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Horos wrote:

Is orgasm also a Greek word?
    Greeks not even have to answer that anymore..!!! ;)

but to answer you..ofcourse its Greek word....Orgasm (from Greek word οργασμός = orgasmos)
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    Would one say that catching PJ from the rail is an orgasmic experience worth waiting for....?
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    Would one say that catching PJ from the rail is an orgasmic experience worth waiting for....?
    yes..that describe it very well...
  • Options
    hahaha. I suppose I'd have to somewhat agree to such a description. While I guess I'd have to admit to a man crush on the whole crew and their output, I'm not sure I'd take it any farther than that, hahaha.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    hahaha. I suppose I'd have to somewhat agree to such a description. While I guess I'd have to admit to a man crush on the whole crew and their output, I'm not sure I'd take it any farther than that, hahaha.
    haha...i promise ,ill be at the bar-party with the hottest girl of Illinois....i promise,i will.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    newsign.php?line1=%22List%22+Line+%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E%3E&line2=Everyone+Else+%3C%3C%3C%3C%3C%3C&Go+Cubs=Go+Cubs
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    Id say so, yes. Luckily I got the chance to do so at a festival, so I only had to wait a total of 12 hours, nothing even close to an overnight stay. Hint though: Bring someone along who has very wide shoulders :)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    haha...i promise ,ill be at the bar-party with the hottest girl of Illinois....i promise,i will.

Haha, that's a confident guy out there. Grandson of people who came up with the magical orgasm word...

• Options

+1 :lol::lol:8-) :twisted:

• Options

I've been at the bar with Carey before....hahaha. Though there's a few others that dwell in the great state of Illinois that are on here regularly and might give her a run for her money, just sayin'.
  • Options
    100 Pacer, I dig your sign generational skills. Let's hope indeed that there's no list to rear its ugly head.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    100 Pacer, I dig your sign generational skills. Let's hope indeed that there's no list to rear its ugly head.

Thank you.

I echo your sentiment and hope the GA line can police itself without a list and those that truly wish to spend the entire day waiting to be right up front against the rail are able to do so. I'll be casually walking to the back of the GA area and taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of Wrigley and the pit in front thankful that my rail days are long behind me.

:lol:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    OK! Sooooooo, shit just got really interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that fans will be let in any of the 4 gates and then there will just be one entrance into the GA section from down on the field. So this is very interesting, no? If there's multiple spots to wait out, it could be real crazy. When the gates open, will they take measures to prevent unsafe mad dashes? Ever wait in grocery lines and notice that the one your in is draggin on forever while others zoom along? hmmmmm
  • Options
    OK! Sooooooo, shit just got really interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that fans will be let in any of the 4 gates and then there will just be one entrance into the GA section from down on the field. So this is very interesting, no? If there's multiple spots to wait out, it could be real crazy. When the gates open, will they take measures to prevent unsafe mad dashes? Ever wait in grocery lines and notice that the one your in is draggin on forever while others zoom along? hmmmmm
    yep..4 gates into field,1 for GA..will be fun :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I did the Running of the Bulls at the San Fermin Festival in Pamplona, Spain on 7-7-07. Something tells me that that is going to pale in comparison....
  • Options
    Oh OK. But are you for sure that this will be true for Wrigley? I mean it would be nice to know definitively for this show, not just what was done in the past at other spots. Like I said, I'm guessing there will be only 1 entrance let in for GA. Here's from the Wrigley website:

Gates: There are four designated fan access gates:

Gate D is located on the corner of Sheffield Avenue and Addison Street
    Gate F (the main gate) is located behind home plate at the corner of Clark and Addison Streets, beneath the iconic red marquee.
    Gate K is located in the northwest corner of the stadium at the corner of Seminary and Waveland Avenues, directly across from the fire station.
    The Bleacher Gate entrance is located at the corner of Sheffield and Waveland Avenues.

Now my guess would be that the let-in for GA would be along Waveland Ave. at Gate K. But I suppose it could be possible that both Gate K and Gate D could allow for GA entrance. I would guess that the Bleacher Gate entrance wouldn't be open at all as it would lead to the back of the stage. But again, these are only guesses. Perhaps the main gate of Gate F could allow the GA in to be led down the lower bowl and onto the field near the third base Cubs home dugout. (And just a a little side note. My late grandfather who grew up in Chicago told me that he used to get in free to watch the games from left field. He was friends with a firefighter stationed at that station that is still in existence today. The Cubs always allowed those firefighters on duty to go across the street and on in for a free look.)

Oh and I know there's a lot of you that are going to be bringing your own "grass" on into the field. But I found this too on the official website:

Grass: The grass playing field is a sports blend of Kentucky Blue Grass and Rye.

FYI, posting this again 10 Club email says that there will be 4 gates, but I can't see the Bleacher one, being one of them with the stage there and all.
  • Options
    Mike's SideMike's Side Posts: 954
    The first 100 people in line for the Costa Rica show swelled to atleast 300 by time the gates opened. Getting up at 5am and waiting in line for 12 hours in the rain was fun and all but bumping into my buddy who stayed at the hotel until 5pm in the pit was like FML.
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2