Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    edited July 2013
    My guess is that there are two main field access entrances that would be to the left and right of the dugouts. Perhaps around sections 8,9 & 10 and 27, 30 & 31 on this map. And you'd walk onto the field from there and get filtered out to the GA only let in. But will there maybe only be one, and it's on the left field? Or might there be access to the GA area from both the left and right sides? It would suck if you chose the right field entrance and were made to go all the way around to a left field one, while those at the other gates located around home plate or left field would slide right in (thus negating the waiting efforts of those at a right field gate, OR vice versa). I would guess that one could access GA between B and L, and H and S maybe. But who knows? So which gate is the best option for those that wanna wait out? D, K or F? Again, I'm gonna guess that bleacher Gate N won't even be open.

http://www.vividseats.com/concerts/pear ... 84588.html
    Post edited by Mamasan Bren on
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I have never actually gotten a boner at a Pearl Jam concert. I am proud of this fact. I don't know about a few of you on here...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    october22 wrote:
    I have never actually gotten a boner at a Pearl Jam concert. I am proud of this fact. I don't know about a few of you on here...
    some people like sex with strangers.....i know alot of them here is Europe... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    Who determines the start of the list?

I might go down to Wrigley now, write my name on the back a pizza box, be self-appointed line maker,and go back on the day of the show to claim my rightful position at the front.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    JK109224 wrote:
    Who determines the start of the list?

I might go down to Wrigley now, write my name on the back a pizza box, be self-appointed line maker,and go back on the day of the show to claim my rightful position at the front.

Yeah that was some of the points being made in this thread against the use of the list in the first place. In a nutshell, the list allows for people to get out of having to do the real waiting in line. Claiming to run down to a spot early and then getting to come and go as they please all day because they're on said list. Almost all posts in this entire thread are against using it.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    Well this just got a LOT more relevant. A new day is dawning with the show experience. Seniority in terms of being up front near the stage just went out the window. Some like it, some don't. I am a long time member and am sort of indifferent because I'm a realist. Change happens. You have to be flexible in life. So, I just feel that I will roll with it and adapt. But in terms of "The list", it now has 24 future opportunities to rear its ugly head. The wait will definitely be on by dedicated fans at each of these newly announced dates. It is an awesome thing to be up close for the show. I hope those that plan to put in the time aren't screwed over by possible future Adolph Listlers and list-whores that use the list to avoid actually having to wait in line to earn such a coveted experience.
  • Options
    Well this just got a LOT more relevant. A new day is dawning with the show experience. Seniority in terms of being up front near the stage just went out the window. Some like it, some don't. I am a long time member and am sort of indifferent because I'm a realist. Change happens. You have to be flexible in life. So, I just feel that I will roll with it and adapt. But in terms of "The list", it now has 24 future opportunities to rear its ugly head. The wait will definitely be on by dedicated fans at each of these newly announced dates. It is an awesome thing to be up close for the show. I hope those that plan to put in the time aren't screwed over by possible future Adolph Listlers and list-whores that use the list to avoid actually having to wait in line to earn such a coveted experience.
    seniority went on the sides and back of the GA..not out of the window,its still inside the house
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    seniority went on the sides and back of the GA..not out of the window,its still inside the house

Yeah, I hear ya, but like I wrote, it went out the window in terms of being up front by the stage. I prefer GA and think it's the real way PJ is meant to be seen. I'm gonna guess with the opportunity for rail now up for grabs with this whole tour, Adolph Listlers will be out to set up their lists.
  • Options

Yeah, I hear ya, but like I wrote, it went out the window in terms of being up front by the stage. I prefer GA and think it's the real way PJ is meant to be seen. I'm gonna guess with the opportunity for rail now up for grabs with this whole tour, Adolph Listlers will be out to set up their lists.
    i understand,just try to make a smart ass comment about windows and house..seems i fucked up..lol
  • Options
    ohhhh, I see, hahaha...funny
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    I am going to say this again:

The list is only a courtesy to allow people to go to the toilet and get food, maybe a quick shower if someone is willing to share there hotel bathroom with everyone in the line for 15 minute intervals.

The list should NOT be used to enable people to leave all day to go to pre-parties etc.
    You can't have both.

Rail or pre-parties, it's your choice.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

The list is only a courtesy to allow people to go to the toilet and get food, maybe a quick shower if someone is willing to share there hotel bathroom with everyone in the line for 15 minute intervals.

The list should NOT be used to enable people to leave all day to go to pre-parties etc.
    You can't have both.

Someone might share their hotel bathroom with "everyone" for a quick shower?!? Whoa! Really? haha, That could be one messy hotel bathroom! I hear what you're saying, but the toughness comes with how some people sort of use the list for what you're suggesting, and then some people sort of take advantage of being away because they know they're on "the list" and that there's no real enforcement when they're away. Like I had posted earlier, where is the cutoff between using the list in the way you're suggesting, and abusing it? One person's break is 47 minutes, one is 11, another takes an hour and 17 minutes. Are you really waiting in line then, or off enjoying a restaurant? Once the list is in place it leaves for no policing of who's abusing it by being away for whatever reason. It's just impossible to keep an eye on so many people's comings and goings. The simple point is that it becomes unfair to those that are truly putting in the time waiting, IN THE LINE. The list makes people think that it's ok to get away from the toughness/uncomfortableness of actually waiting in line.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563

You can't have both.

That's all well and good and I agree. But not everyone agrees and it creates tension and often arguments.

There should just be no list. There weren't lists for fifty years.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Ariel007Ariel007 Posts: 150
    I read the first and last pages of this thread and didn't see anything compelling to change my mind about how much I abhor 'the list'. I belong to a fan club of another band whose self proclaimed 'rail skanks' have been enforcing that bloody list for years. It is an awful thing that bring out the absolute worst in otherwise sane people.

If you've never seen smug, then walk by the front of the line about an hour before show time. Smug will be the non sweaty, tired or rained on fresh faced and twinkly people who are strolling up to claim the spot they put in a solid 30 minutes wait for that morning before a band of 100 people switched off all day doing their 30 minute spots to claim entry and rail spots before the tiredass people who waited all day and now have to race for their lives to get the spot they deserve.

The list sucks. I don't care how much of an awesome fair person the list holders are, the list sucks.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I'm not a liner upper, but what I just don't understand at all is why anyone at all has to suffer in a line up all day. Why not just devise a system where people get a number on a first come first serve basis, and EVERYONE then takes off until half an hour before the doors open. Anyone still standing in a line would just be crazy. This seems so unbelievably simple and obvious to me, and would serve absolutely everyone's best interests. Sure there might be a line up for the number assignment, but that would obviously be a list free line up, and one that stops at, say, 10am the day of the show (at which time the numbets start getting distributed) so that everyone can go and enjoy their day and get to the show fresh and rested instead of disgusting, stinky, and tired. Or better yet, PJ should just do what they do for the Springsteen shows. That system is perfect.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK109224 wrote:

You can't have both.

That's all well and good and I agree. But not everyone agrees and it creates tension and often arguments.

There should just be no list. There weren't lists for fifty years.

Couldn't agree more
  • Options
    Ariel007 wrote:
    I read the first and last pages of this thread and didn't see anything compelling to change my mind about how much I abhor 'the list'. I belong to a fan club of another band whose self proclaimed 'rail skanks' have been enforcing that bloody list for years. It is an awful thing that bring out the absolute worst in otherwise sane people.

If you've never seen smug, then walk by the front of the line about an hour before show time. Smug will be the non sweaty, tired or rained on fresh faced and twinkly people who are strolling up to claim the spot they put in a solid 30 minutes wait for that morning before a band of 100 people switched off all day doing their 30 minute spots to claim entry and rail spots before the tiredass people who waited all day and now have to race for their lives to get the spot they deserve.

The list sucks. I don't care how much of an awesome fair person the list holders are, the list sucks.

Couldn't agree more
  • Options
    dana_bdana_b Posts: 141
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm not a liner upper, but what I just don't understand at all is why anyone at all has to suffer in a line up all day. Why not just devise a system where people get a number on a first come first serve basis, and EVERYONE then takes off until half an hour before the doors open. Anyone still standing in a line would just be crazy. This seems so unbelievably simple and obvious to me, and would serve absolutely everyone's best interests. Sure there might be a line up for the number assignment, but that would obviously be a list free line up, and one that stops at, say, 10am the day of the show (at which time the numbets start getting distributed) so that everyone can go and enjoy their day and get to the show fresh and rested instead of disgusting, stinky, and tired. Or better yet, PJ should just do what they do for the Springsteen shows. That system is perfect.

Can I ask - who would be willing to stand there all day handing out numbers? Because for this to truly work, that would have to happen. Otherwise let's say all the people on the list take off and then at noon a bunch of people show up and there's no one in front of them and no one handing out numbers with their list in hand. Then comes 5:30 and a bunch of people on this list show up claiming to be the rightful front of the line people. I can't see anything good coming from that. If PJ did this themselves, that would be one thing but a list that people devise independently could get messy.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    dana_b wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Can I ask - who would be willing to stand there all day handing out numbers? Because for this to truly work, that would have to happen. Otherwise let's say all the people on the list take off and then at noon a bunch of people show up and there's no one in front of them and no one handing out numbers with their list in hand. Then comes 5:30 and a bunch of people on this list show up claiming to be the rightful front of the line people. I can't see anything good coming from that. If PJ did this themselves, that would be one thing but a list that people devise independently could get messy.
    Well obviously it would have to be organized either by volunteers, or everyone could start bugging 10c to get on it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Any Adolph sightings??? Late night tonight...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Has the line started? :lol:

:corn:
    ...Oh, sorry, I shouldnt put popcorn smilies...you people look hungry! :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    I get shivers down my spine when I think about my concerts and all the list-nazis. Worse ofc are the ones pushing through the line and stuff. But still.

And it still amazes me people think they you should be able to stay in line and then leave to chill at your hotel room taking a shower and coming back smelling like a rose in case Eddie hugs you.

Come on.

Sit in your spot. Go buy a burger, piss behing a bush and go back to the line.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I get shivers down my spine when I think about my concerts and all the list-nazis. Worse ofc are the ones pushing through the line and stuff. But still.

And it still amazes me people think they you should be able to stay in line and then leave to chill at your hotel room taking a shower and coming back smelling like a rose in case Eddie hugs you.

Come on.

Yeah I actually kind of agree with this. Its one thing to have your neighbor watch your spot while you grab food or run to the bathroom, but you gotta earn your spot at the front. Since everyone is peers, no one who takes it upon themselves to set up a list has any real authority or right to enforce it anyway. At Springsteen shows they do hand out wristbands with numbers, but the key point is Springsteen tour employees run it, not random fans, and you have to be in line in wristband order at a certain time of day like 3 hours before the show.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:

Come on.

Yeah I actually kind of agree with this. Its one thing to have your neighbor watch your spot while you grab food or run to the bathroom, but you gotta earn your spot at the front. Since everyone is peers, no one who takes it upon themselves to set up a list has any real authority or right to enforce it anyway. At Springsteen shows they do hand out wristbands with numbers, but the key point is Springsteen tour employees run it, not random fans, and you have to be in line in wristband order at a certain time of day like 3 hours before the show.
    How are these band being given out? Random? Or first come first serve?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    edited July 2013
    In Europe the shows are nearly all GA floor and the list Nazis are always out in force writing big black numbers on your hand. The poster for Berlin 2 last year even took the piss out of this but unfortunately I have heard Eddie praising these people. I'm sure he doesn't realise how horrible they are and it is.
    Post edited by milan on
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Why not just devise a system where people get a number on a first come first serve basis, and EVERYONE then takes off until half an hour before the doors open.

kinda sounds like seniority or f5....
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    milan wrote:
    The poster for Berlin 2 last year even took the piss out of this
    In what way?
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    God? checking the hand of the devil? for a big black number

http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=1232
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:

How are these band being given out? Random? Or first come first serve?

It has been a while - I think I remember that you had to already have floor tickets. The Springsteen floor was divided into 2 sections - the back 2/3, and the front 1/3. If you had a floor ticket, you could get a wristband with a number on it if you showed up by a certain time. Then everyone had to line up according to number. Then they drew a number out of a hat, and then that number wristband was the beginning of the line to go into the front pit, and everyone else remained in chronological order to go in after the front pit was filled. The difference again being this was run by the Springsteen camp and not some unauthorized individual.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Agree with these previous posters