THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How is the starting time for a list determined?
    Depends on who starts the list.
    I was at that Fonda gig and there was a list for people who didn't have tickets. It was a joke because there were never any tickets for sale, since this was a music industry show. someone started the list and there were already 50 name on it before it got to me... I was the 23rd person that was physically in line. People were writing a bunch of names, so it was bogus to begin with.
    When it came around that there were going to be tickets available, the security guy tossed the list because the List Nazis were acting like List Nazis, so he just randomly picked people in the crowd. You got to pick one person to go in with you, so, we paired up... those of us who were there alone or with an odd number of friends.
    The List Nazis downfall was trying to get everyone to form a single file line, according to the list. Everyone thought that was just too Kindergarden for adults. Almost all of us got in... and the ones that didn't, were let in after the main set.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    I think as long as everyone in the line before 6am gets their 4 breaks of 15 minutes, 3 breaks of 12 minutes or less and 1 leave of absence that can be 5 hours in length, but has to end before 3pm - that's ok.

Anyone that shows up before noon, can have 3 pee breaks, and an unpaid lunch.

Anyone that shows up after 3:30pm can claim they were here before 7am, but has only 4 attempts to convince someone that they were originally standing right in front of them.

Anything else would just cause chaos.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    if i understand well,the 1st person arrives there..is what i heard at least happens at europe shows..dont know,never be there first.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Not sure if this has been suggested, but perhaps the venue could distribute numbered wristbands at 4pm, and at 5pm, choose a starting number to determine the order of the line. In order to avoid separating people from their friends, they could give distribute the wristbands in sequential order. Anyone arriving after wristband distribution would get in line behind those with wristbands.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061
    This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Travel 7 hours to Chicago to spend what I'm sure will be a hot and awesome day (the "awesomeness" related to the beer I'll be drinking when I'm not sitting on a sidewalk) on a street corner, allowing some self-appointed superfan to control my spot in line? :lol:

I'll bar hop and keep my reserved tickets thank you. Who's in? :D:D:D
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    if i understand well,the 1st person arrives there..is what i heard at least happens at europe shows..dont know,never be there first.. :lol:

Who would determine where the line would begin? There are several entrances, etc! :fp:
    vant0037 wrote:
    This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Travel 7 hours to Chicago to spend what I'm sure will be a hot and awesome day (the "awesomeness" related to the beer I'll be drinking when I'm not sitting on a sidewalk) on a street corner, allowing some self-appointed superfan to control my spot in line? :lol:

I am in!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Not sure if this has been suggested, but perhaps the venue could distribute numbered wristbands at 4pm, and at 5pm, choose a starting number to determine the order of the line. In order to avoid separating people from their friends, they could give distribute the wristbands in sequential order. Anyone arriving after wristband distribution would get in line behind those with wristbands.
    The thing is... we shouldn't have to be 'policed' by any authority. We should be able to figure this out amongst ourselves. If we can't... that's our fault, on one else's.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Depends on who starts the list.
    I was at that Fonda gig and there was a list for people who didn't have tickets. It was a joke because there were never any tickets for sale, since this was a music industry show. someone started the list and there were already 50 name on it before it got to me... I was the 23rd person that was physically in line. People were writing a bunch of names, so it was bogus to begin with.
    When it came around that there were going to be tickets available, the security guy tossed the list because the List Nazis were acting like List Nazis, so he just randomly picked people in the crowd. You got to pick one person to go in with you, so, we paired up... those of us who were there alone or with an odd number of friends.
    The List Nazis downfall was trying to get everyone to form a single file line, according to the list. Everyone thought that was just too Kindergarden for adults. Almost all of us got in... and the ones that didn't, were let in after the main set.

difficult to believe that show was 7 years ago!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Who would determine where the line would begin? There are several entrances, etc! :fp:
    no one knows how 10c will do it at wrigley....and saw 25 shows pj at GA..always one entrance..
    they have a very cool sign for the entrance as well..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited June 2013
    Cosmo wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    The thing is... we shouldn't have to be 'policed' by any authority. We should be able to figure this out amongst ourselves. If we can't... that's our fault, on one else's.

I agree, but in reality, do you think hundreds of PJ fans all trying to secure a coveted area of earth will be on the same page when it comes to agreeing on policies?
    Cosmo wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    yep..i dont like the list..but people is the problem here..not any kind of list..we souldnt even to think about the whole..but people fuck it up..and we end up talking about lists..
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have already started the list, I got it at home and so far only I'm on it.... :fp:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Apprently the line up has already begun at Wrigley...

waiting-line.jpg
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I'm not waiting in any line, and I haven't read this thread (which I'm sure is totally insane), and I'm sure someone has already said that anyone who isn't going to be in this line has no right to say anything, but since I believe in the freedom to say whatever I want, I just wanted to say that I think that anyone who hates the list is a big bossy baby who likes things to suck for people (including themselves). The list makes things easier and more pleasant for everyone involved. So why would anyone be against it??? I don't get it. No offense to the people who have been big bossy babies about a list in this thread. Nothing personal, really .... It just makes no logical sense to me to not like the idea of people being able to enjoy their day as much as possible, while still keeping a fair queue. Please tell me it's not a "Oh, but I've been here for 3 hours and only went to the bathroom once, and you've gone 3 times, waaaa!" Because that is sad. Since when was having someone hold your spot in line unfair? If the list master is doing his or her job right, people aren't going to be able to abuse it.

That said, I think it's nuts to spend all your time waiting in a line in the first place. It so isn't worth trying to get up front.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Being from the old school line system (every man for himself), and after reading this thread, I'm more convinced a list could work. A good system, list or not, only works if EVERYONE agrees on said system, abides by the rules, and isn't a dick.

It could be as simple as showing up, placing your name on the list, getting a number and/or wristband and going about enjoying the many pre-parties or hanging with friends, then queueing up again when it's time. Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing and fun way of getting all the GA peeps on their little piece of earth. In other words, maybe a little peace on earth = a nice piece of earth and everyone happy.

Or am I just too Utopian? :roll:
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
    Being from the old school line system (every man for himself), and after reading this thread, I'm more convinced a list could work. A good system, list or not, only works if EVERYONE agrees on said system, abides by the rules, and isn't a dick.

It could be as simple as showing up, placing your name on the list, getting a number and/or wristband and going about enjoying the many pre-parties or hanging with friends, then queueing up again when it's time. Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing and fun way of getting all the GA peeps on their little piece of earth. In other words, maybe a little peace on earth = a nice piece of earth and everyone happy.

I agree with you. Not sure what the hubbub is about. Everyone maybe just needs to chillax! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

yep..with list working better,,sad but true....would be better if people was honest and respect eachother but aint gonna happen....the good part we have at Europe is we are almost the same fuckers at 10c gate and we know eachother very well..so isnt easy the cheating..
    vant0037 wrote:

i agree..when there are so many bars and parties..

then the line...well..

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

yep..with list working better,,sad but true....would be better if people was honest and respect eachother but aint gonna happen....the good part we have at Europe is we are almost the same fuckers at 10c gate and we know eachother very well..so isnt easy the cheating..
    Yeah, but how many people are going to be huge dicks? 10? 20? It's not like there are droves of dicks around. Just a few. I figure the people there give the dicks they see a few shaming words, and then just let it go. Let them be dicks and karma will get them. I don't think those few people are a good reason to make the whole thing unpleasant and physically uncomfortable for everyone. As I say, everyone should just chillax and stick with the list. A few assholes getting closer to the front is a small price to pay for not having to stay in the hell of an all day line up in 100 degree weather.
  • KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Dimi, I didn't even think about that. You're right, MANY people who will be in GA at Wrigley already know one another! A list would make sense. Just my .02, I'm not even GA, but I certainly care about my fellow 10c peeps and would hate to see anyone's experience soured by a GA fiasco.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Yeah, but how many people are going to be huge dicks? 10? 20? It's not like there are droves of dicks around. Just a few. I figure the people there give the dicks they see a few shaming words, and then just let it go. Let them be dicks and karma will get them. I don't think those few people are a good reason to make the whole thing unpleasant and physically uncomfortable for everyone. As I say, everyone should just chillax and stick with the list. A few assholes getting closer to the front is a small price to pay for not having to stay in the hell of an all day line up in 100 degree weather.
    i cant count the dicks,except if they are italians.. :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    i cant count the dicks,except if they are italians.. :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    I have had the pleasure to be in lines with a perfectly run list.
    I have had the anxiety of being in a line with a Nazi run list.
    I have been the one to run the list on a few occasions.
    I like the list, when it is done properly. And the list can only be done properly, if people aren't fukn dicks (and that isn't just referring to the list runners, but to every m*ther f-er in the 10C GA area throughout the day.)
    Problem is some people are DICKS!

Someone stated that in MT security didn't help with the line - Well, I was with MT security and the venue manager when they walked through the line with me to try to organise everyone after they had picked up their tickets.
    At about 150-200 person in the line, there was approximately 10 people that weren't in the correct spot and wouldn't move. That was the only real issue. Of 300-400 people for 10 people to be being dicks, I think is ok and we just have to go "Well, fuk you sir, I will elbow you later in the pit!"

I don't think people should disappear for more than 45mins at a time.
    My experience in lines has been that I would take 10 minute food and toilet breaks at points throughout the day and then at about 5pm I would go to my hotel and shower and change. This seems logical to me and even courteous to the other people in the line.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    is there a chance people would line up the day before? :lol:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    This sounds like a load of not-fun shit, lists, lines,etc. GA is cool, but nothing like the convenience of seats to avoid all this. The line thing sounds like it would really cut into drinking time.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    vant0037 wrote:

I agree with this guy, if I actually had a ticket.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    I've heard the Italians really love the Dicks :o:lol::lol::lol:
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    I've heard the Italians really love the Dicks :o:lol::lol::lol:
    i have a photo somewhere in here about that....but better dont post it.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I have had the pleasure to be in lines with a perfectly run list.
    I have had the anxiety of being in a line with a Nazi run list.
    I have been the one to run the list on a few occasions.
    I like the list, when it is done properly. And the list can only be done properly, if people aren't fukn dicks (and that isn't just referring to the list runners, but to every m*ther f-er in the 10C GA area throughout the day.)
    Problem is some people are DICKS!

Someone stated that in MT security didn't help with the line - Well, I was with MT security and the venue manager when they walked through the line with me to try to organise everyone after they had picked up their tickets.
    At about 150-200 person in the line, there was approximately 10 people that weren't in the correct spot and wouldn't move. That was the only real issue. Of 300-400 people for 10 people to be being dicks, I think is ok and we just have to go "Well, fuk you sir, I will elbow you later in the pit!"

I don't think people should disappear for more than 45mins at a time.
    My experience in lines has been that I would take 10 minute food and toilet breaks at points throughout the day and then at about 5pm I would go to my hotel and shower and change. This seems logical to me and even courteous to the other people in the line.

It took me five times to get through this because I was too distracted by your avatar.