Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The idea of a list is ridiculous. This is completely over the top. The idea of GA police is nuts. Life is way too short to worry about something like this. Will you only have a good time at the show if you get the rail?!

I have GA seats, and I think this is too ridiculous. If you want the rail, line up Wednesday to ensure your spot.
    i agree.i dont like the list....but if i come 5 min before gates open and stand in front of you,and you are there from Wednesday,then what??see who is taller?more handsome and get in front..?
    again,people are the issue,and not any kind of stupid list..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,063
    Only Non-GA show I've seen with PJ was Verona in 2006. And I liked that model the best. Having your seat but still be close enough.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Only Non-GA show I've seen with PJ was Verona in 2006. And I liked that model the best. Having your seat but still be close enough.
    i think the way the venue was helped for that,no?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    the funny is...people accusing the list..the line...

i dont care,cos im not gonna do either,i dont need to be infront ,ill walk in before the show starts,but alot seems to forget that this "system" is out there cos some assholes dont respect anything,,
    try to cheat for be infront,and pass other that wait all day out of the venue...

if people respect eachother,if people treat eachother good,there is no need of any kind of list..

the problem is those assholes.they create the problem...who give a shit about a list,if people are respectful...

Exactly what I was getting at. Whatever you do/are doing in life at any given time, someone is likely trying to figure out a way to screw you and/or the system for their benefit. It's evolution baby!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,063
    i think the way the venue was helped for that,no?
    What? No, the stage and the front row seemed to have a lot of space between them. So I would not say that the venue helped in that way.

or do you mean to make it a great concert? Yes then, the atmosphere/venue and the rain made it sort of "magical". And prefered it to being crushed in Milano the next night :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329
    strummers wrote:
    It's not because of a list or lack of it that people don't behave in a fair way. It's because in all walks of life, no matter what activity is happening, no matter what systems (or lack of) are in place, there are always those people who feel it is their right to ignore any sense of fairness or morality snd step on anyone/thing in their way if they can benefit from it some way, shape or form.

I completely agree. Thankfully, there aren't too many of them. Unless the venue or 10C steps up and puts a firm system in place, technically, anything goes.

As someone said, we're all adults. I'm perfectly capable of remembering who is in front of me and who is behind me in a line. I think the idea of a list is a little controlling and ............. not really sure what word I want to use.

Here's the thought: We all have to make decisions and deal with the outcome. If people arrive ridiculously early and are prepared to wait all day, pee-breaks only, they should get in before everyone else. That's serious dedication. If someone wants to wait in line for the first 9 hours and then leave for 3 hours, they should have to work it out with the people around them in line. Some people might be fine with it, some might not. To simply be able to say "well tough shit, there's A LIST" is a little weak. The same for holding spots or showing up early, putting your name on a list and leaving until 4, expecting to be 20th in line.
  • Options
    CR281036CR281036 Posts: 14
    I'm not even going to this concert but having a list is a ridiculous idea. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    The idea of a list is ridiculous. This is completely over the top. The idea of GA police is nuts. Life is way too short to worry about something like this. Will you only have a good time at the show if you get the rail?!

I have GA seats, and I think this is too ridiculous. If you want the rail, line up Wednesday to ensure your spot.
    i agree.i dont like the list....but if i come 5 min before gates open and stand in front of you,and you are there from Wednesday,then what??see who is taller?more handsome and get in front..?

People are the problem, but not just the ones that want to surpass the line. The ones coming up with these kind of ideas are the problem also.

I stood in line early and got by the rail at music midtown in front of mike. Did that stop the people behind me from trying to push me out, no. Would a list have stopped it?! No.

It's just a stupid bad idea.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options

People are the problem, but not just the ones that want to surpass the line. The ones coming up with these kind of ideas are the problem also.

I stood in line early and got by the rail at music midtown in front of mike. Did that stop the people behind me from trying to push me out, no. Would a list have stopped it?! No.

It's just a stupid bad idea.
    some people sucks,we all agree to that..i dont care what people want to do to wrigley..

one more reason to love the shows at Netherlands is that the venue and the security take care of the situations..no list needed,no one cheating..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    There were some awful lists in Europe 2012....

Some ran the thing great - however by the time I hit Berlin it had descended into chaos. Those running the list night 2 were truely awful.

I'd echo the sentiment of many / just be cool. Be nice to your neighbor and stay fair. Don't let the odd people abusing the situation ruin your day. It's not worth it.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Some ran the thing great - however by the time I hit Berlin it had descended into chaos. Those running the list night 2 were truely awful.

I'd echo the sentiment of many / just be cool. Be nice to your neighbor and stay fair. Don't let the odd people abusing the situation ruin your day. It's not worth it.
    at berlin..haha..i think was Karen said to me..Mr Dimitris,you need to move on and get into the venue..we need to open the the General Admission Entry and close 10c gate!!i was chating with an Argentinian girl!!! opps.. :lol:
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    CR281036 wrote:
    I'm not even going to this concert but having a list is a ridiculous idea. Just my opinion.

Well put, and it seems that all who posted in this thread think it is indeed a ridiculous idea. Will "The list" still rear its ugly head?
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    No need for a list. Just write a number on a hand and look out for those around you.

It's not perfect but it's better than having a self appointed gob a lot striking names on - shuffling numbers and ejecting people .....

Let the people police it

And to those wondering what the fuss is about - seeing shows from the rail is a remarkable experience - even a few rows back makes the difference. The rail rocks so I get why many feel this is an important issue
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

at berlin..haha..i think was Karen said to me..Mr Dimitris,you need to move on and get into the venue..we need to open the the General Admission Entry and close 10c gate!!i was chating with an Argentinian girl!!! opps.. :lol:

Distracted by a lady sir ? They have much to answer for !!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Distracted by a lady sir ? They have much to answer for !!
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    No need for a list. Just write a number on a hand and look out for those around you.

It's not perfect but it's better than having a self appointed gob a lot striking names on - shuffling numbers and ejecting people .....

Let the people police it

And to those wondering what the fuss is about - seeing shows from the rail is a remarkable experience - even a few rows back makes the difference. The rail rocks so I get why many feel this is an important issue
    i agree..dont like the list,i dont do it..i did in the past,not anymore
    but..just the number is tricky,cos anyone can write a number on the hand..
    and there are always ways to cheat..even with e list..less but still

i remember at berlin 09 was there early,with good number..like 60? im not sure..
    for the ones dont know,60 at Wuhlheide means rail,cos scene is huge..
    but i met a fuckin cool german guy,we end up drinking and chating all day at 10c bar ands we end up inside the venue even after the genneral admision...!!
    at oslo 12 and copenhagen 12,i got rail,in the side both shows,even i was with the last people in the huge 10c line...people go dead center one behind other and left the sides..
    at amsterdam1 ,i show up late afternoon,and someone already put me in the list..i got 69 number(yeah the sexy one :mrgreen: ) and i even wasnt there..
    but i get in late and get to 10c section after the general admision,cos i fucked up with those danm lockers with the 2 euros coins at ziggo,and went out of the 10c pit.. :lol:

i believe if people are cool and respect eachother all work ok..list or no list..

and yes,.,pj at the rail is whole away different experience...there is no doubt about it..
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Whatever. I'll be in Chicago with my bro and two friends. We got GA and that's good enough for us. We are on a mission and I'd rather get beaten up hitting on people's wives and girlfriends all day than spend my time in that line.
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    Whatever. I'll be in Chicago with my bro and two friends. We got GA and that's good enough for us. We are on a mission and I'd rather get beaten up hitting on people's wives and girlfriends all day than spend my time in that line.
    now you said that,i find it waste of time to be in the line all day..but others live for this thing..im ok,they can do whatever they want..
    and for the record,if the line is like Wuhlheide Berlin..is epic to go early..its inside a huge park the venue..everyone goes early,do the list,take number and all day relax in the park,do picnik,be in the 10c bar,not on the floor like other venues,or on the streets..the whole fun with fans all over the world at that park,is epic experience!!
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    october22 wrote:
    now you said that,i find it waste of time to be in the line all day..but others live for this thing..im ok,they can do whatever they want..
    and for the record,if the line is like Wuhlheide Berlin..is epic to go early..its inside a huge park the venue..everyone goes early,do the list,take number and all day relax in the park,do picnik,be in the 10c bar,not on the floor like other venues,or on the streets..the whole fun with fans all over the world at that park,is epic experience!!

Sounds awesome! :D
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    in missoula
    the list helped

showed up way early--couldn't sleep anyway

I wanted a rail spot...got it...

If you want rail, get there early, bring snacks to share, book, chair and a good attitude.

the line could be a great part of the whole experience...don't let it ruin it for you :)
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited June 2013
    some people sucks,we all agree to that..i dont care what people want to do to wrigley..

one more reason to love the shows at Netherlands is that the venue and the security take care of the situations..no list needed,no one cheating..

*hears 500-lb guy crack knuckles and neck*

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OH....SNAP!

All we need is Eddie...."I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE....THERE'S MUCH MORE...THAN THIS!!!!"
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    It seems like a ton of fans who are doing Wrigley are already going crazy with anticipation and excitement, and I'm certainly one of them. I know a lot of fans plan to wait in line early in hopes of securing a good spot in the outfield grass GA section, if not even a coveted spot on the rail. It's no secret that this show will have fans coming out in the early a.m. hours to grab a great spot in line. What I am wondering is, what is everyone's opinion on the using of "The list"? I just have a feeling that tempers are going to flare with this "The list" thing. Let's face it, it's a lot of uncomfortable hard work to just sit there all day on a cement sidewalk in the hot sun. And if you couple that with the usual soaring hot sweaty humidity in Chicago in mid-July, things could get ugly. I understand the basic premise of "The list". My fear is that it becomes a constitution for those to abuse its intention. I've already read comments on Facebook of those praising a self-appointed gatekeeper/list-holder for implementing it so that they can go attend the pre-parties at Sluggers, and elsewhere. I get that it's a sticky situation. On the one hand, we're human, and we need to use the bathroom after so many hours. So, you leave to do that and you come right back, and that's all fine and good. However, with no real policing of that, people are prone to abuse it. I just feel for Joe and Jenny Pearl Jam that really truly put in their wait time all day on the sidewalk. I admire their devotion and applaud it. But if you are one of them who gets there early and are put in as #23 on the list, how is it that by the time the gates are open, they really end up being the 151st person allowed in? Cronyism and friends of fans and cliques always seem to take over at these things. We've all seen it. People who come and touch the wall and say that they are on the spot and place their name on the list, only to spend their day off doing lunch and whatever else they please, don't deserve to have their spot saved. If only there were a rule that after 2 pm if you leave the line, you go to the end of the line or something like that. Now, I realize that won't fly, but something like that would only be fair. Leave your spot, lose your spot. You know damn well there are going to be a ton of people trying to join their spots in the line around 3-5 p.m. based on "The list". You'll have people there from 6 a.m. (or even earlier) to 5:30 p.m. who put in close to a full 11 hours of actual waiting. Then you'll have those that plop their name down onto "The list" who if you actually clocked their time, wait only a couple of hours. I think if you are morally sound with your scruples, you would agree that waiting out, should (now follow me here, I know this is crazy) actually mean waiting out in line. "The list" seems to be an excuse for those to have windows of times where they can leave and do whatever they want to do, seeing friends at pre-parties, lounging around with a long lunch, etc. The front of these lines always just balloon as the day goes on. You know they do. People say they're "with" friends/others and before you know it, those that actually put in the time are continually pushed backward. Atop this, people seem to feel entitled to do this due to their PJ resumes of being true fans and banking tons of shows under their belts. Who gives anyone the right to become "The list" keeper? It's a city, a stadium, and a rock n roll show. And you're at some point going to read off names from "The list" and shuffle in people who've been aloof all day, all because they came and touched the wall in the early a.m. or whenever? Touching the wall and then running off, does not mean you should deserve a saved spot. I realize it's a tough situation. I am just wondering what everyone thinks? This is a much different beast than Missoula. With Missoula, it was quite a walk to get back to the Press Box pre-party. With Wrigley, there are bars and restaurants all around the park. I really wish there was a safe secure solution to this. If you leave, you should be back within five minutes to be fair I think. Any longer than that and it's just abusing it for those that are putting in the devoted time. People can get awfully worked up in the sweaty heat, and I can understand their getting upset as this "The list" practice screws them over from their devoted attempt at an up-close spot for a show that means a lot to their lives. I'd hate to see this upcoming situation get ugly, but I already fear that it has the makings of a big problem. (And I hope viewpoints in this thread stay respectful too.)

There is no chance in hell I'm reading this. Anyone want to summarize?
    :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This is how I walk to the front of the godamn line. If anyone has a problem with me joining someone who's been holding my place, you can kiss my ass.

105704.gif
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Prancercize! I saw that Jeane Moos story on it! HA HA
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Bottom line... as someone else already stated... we are all adults here.
    Do we REALLY need to come up with a Third Grade exercise in how common courtesy works? Do we REALLY needs lists or lotteries or wristbands or police to tell us what we already SHOULD know... that being, 'It is NOT all about ME'?
    Just take your fucking place at the end of the line when you show up... like a normal fucking person. And i get it... there are acceptable circumstances. Like, you can drop off your passengers to get in line while you drive to park the car and meet up with them... people understand that. And it's okay for you to hold that spot for your one or two friends who are stuck in traffic... we get it and we understand that.
    It's the person who thinks they should let 137 of their closest Facebook 'friends' and all of their Facebook 'friends' in the one spot they occupy. If you want to hang with your friends, fine... go back to where they are, don't shoehorn them into the front, where you are.
    To me... it's pretty fucking simple. You park the car, walk up to the venue and locate the end of the line. That's all it takes.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options

*hears 500-lb guy crack knuckles and neck*

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OH....SNAP!

All we need is Eddie...."I WOULD TAKE YOU THERE....THERE'S MUCH MORE...THAN THIS!!!!"
    no..easy..every 50 people or so,they put bars...you can go to the bathroom get something to eat,and back to the line where you were in the first place....so when you are in the first 50,you are at this group,if u show after you go in the back to the next 50,to the next etc...so,if you show up late you have only [place to go..in the back.you cant cut the line,.as is the right thing to happen
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Do we REALLY need to come up with a Third Grade exercise in how common courtesy works? Do we REALLY needs lists or lotteries or wristbands or police to tell us what we already SHOULD know... that being, 'It is NOT all about ME'?
    Just take your fucking place at the end of the line when you show up... like a normal fucking person. And i get it... there are acceptable circumstances. Like, you can drop off your passengers to get in line while you drive to park the car and meet up with them... people understand that. And it's okay for you to hold that spot for your one or two friends who are stuck in traffic... we get it and we understand that.
    It's the person who thinks they should let 137 of their closest Facebook 'friends' and all of their Facebook 'friends' in the one spot they occupy. If you want to hang with your friends, fine... go back to where they are, don't shoehorn them into the front, where you are.
    To me... it's pretty fucking simple. You park the car, walk up to the venue and locate the end of the line. That's all it takes.
    will be cool if all thinks that way and act like adults!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    will be cool if all thinks that way and act like adults!!

Amen brothers. Let's hope there's no Adolph Listlers and list abusers off doing what they please while the Faithful put in their devoted time.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    How is the starting time for a list determined?
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    If someone has a spare GA for me, then I will gladly give my perspective on 'the list'. 8-)